PDA

View Full Version : PERKS Stopping Power Resist, does it exist as a buff?

SonixSquad
14th Jul 2015, 22:18
As the title asks, I have dug around on the forums for info and there are some old threads (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149190&p=2091704#post2091704) that are probably outdated.

Essentially, what I'm looking for is info on wether 'stopping power resist' exists as a buff (for Vamps) as I have not come across it yet as one, only as a debuff. Past info seems to suggest it existed at some point.
:scratch:

Is it now only being used as a debuff method to balance other buffs out, or can it appear as a buff too?
I need to know so I don't bother gambling away anymore Blood on it for nothing.

In fact I think we could do with a comprehensive list (still subject to changes as they happen) that list all buffs possible otherwise its just a guessing game for some of the newer players and some of the old info is outdated so I'm sure the veterans would appreciate it too.

cmstache
15th Jul 2015, 16:23
It exists, I have it on several abilities.

SonixSquad
15th Jul 2015, 17:08
It exists, I have it on several abilities.

Thanks for the confirmation!
:)
I must be really unlucky then as I have spent over 20 blood vials so far trying to craft an item with one.

Dron1508
15th Jul 2015, 21:12
Proof only
http://i.imgur.com/tyl1m7w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uYmI4Af.jpg

ApollosBow
16th Jul 2015, 15:36
wish it was a perk for vamps as well though

cmstache
17th Jul 2015, 00:45
It was at one point in development, but I'm pretty sure it was decided against. Occasionally when perks don't load properly you can see it when highlighting over a perk.

SonixSquad
18th Jul 2015, 22:41
Okay, thanks for the confirmations but I find it a bit too weird that I am unable to craft this Buff after so many (25) attempts.
I also have an ability or 2 with it on that I did not craft and the same for some friends. But I have yet to find someone who has actually crafted this buff onto an item (unless the above posted builds have been crafted).

If I am wrong, then I am wrong, but is there a chance this buff is more difficult to craft than others or what?
I have made at least 25 attempts at this with no Stopping Power Resist buff.at. all.

Is it not possible to craft onto secondary abilities, maybe its primary only?
Cmon, there must be some explanation...???
Reserved for Closed Alpha veterans? :p

:nut: :scratch:

Farnbeak
24th Jul 2015, 05:52
Hey SonixSquad,

Can I wonder why would you want it as a buff so hard so as to even reforge on secondaries? :whistle: You know how it works, right?

SonixSquad
24th Jul 2015, 14:01
Hey SonixSquad,

Can I wonder why would you want it as a buff so hard so as to even reforge on secondaries? :whistle: You know how it works, right?

My understanding is that it negates the slow induced by defensive fire from humans. Info is kinda scarce around here, you gather what you can, and when a community is reluctant to talk about something its usually an indication of something they either don't want nerfed, want to keep to themselves or are just unaware of.

I may be mistaken about its effect, please do share if you know something.

Persiphas
26th Jul 2015, 22:44
I want Stopping Power as a buff (not Stopping Power Resist) ._.
If it existed it would be new meta XD (especially alchemist)

Farnbeak
27th Jul 2015, 11:02
My understanding is that it negates the slow induced by defensive fire from humans. Info is kinda scarce around here, you gather what you can, and when a community is reluctant to talk about something its usually an indication of something they either don't want nerfed, want to keep to themselves or are just unaware of.

Nah, i dont think there's a pro conspiracy in place :rolleyes:

Here, have this chart (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149190&p=2091704#post2091704).
So as I far as I understand a -10% SPR means you will get 2% less move slow of the most common 20% you get or like 3% less stopping power (with average 30% in mind) applied to you if you move towards the source. In my opinion that is inferior to the general +2% move speed buff you could have or the +dodge buff in terms of mobility.

I hope that helped a bit ;)

P.s. That link may have outdated values, but i'm not sure if there is any more fresh info available.