PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth League Rankings Beta Starts July 29th *UPDATE*

Saikocat
14th Jul 2015, 17:41
UPDATE:
The Nosgoth League Rankings Beta has been postponed by one day, and will now start on July 29th.

Earlier this month we launched the Alpha of an exciting new feature for Nosgoth – League Rankings. For the more competitive-minded players, League Rankings is your outlet, allowing you to do battle in competitive matches against other Nosgoth players, and work your way up our ladder system. The Alpha release of our League Rankings ended, and we are now happy to announce the next phase.

From July 28th through August 24th we will be running our League Rankings BETA test, from 10am – 8pm PDT each day. For the release of this next phase, we’re including a few improvements and fixes to the mode, as well as our new rewards.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/559/blog/witchfire-tyrant-1.jpg

To start with, we will be adjusting the Leaver penalty, based on all the feedback we received from everyone. For this Beta release, the Leaver penalty will be increased to a 10 minute cooldown (instead of 3 minutes), ahead of our tiered leaver penalty system. It will also be possible to lose points even if you are at the lowest rank, by abandoning a match. Penalties will be made clearer within the in-game menus, and if another player is penalised it’ll also be displayed during your match. We’ll share more detail on the fixes and improvements we’re making, closer to the launch date.

As this is an updated release of the League Rankings, you would start with a new ranking by completing 5 matches. After that, it’s up to you to climb up or maintain your rank, to be eligible for our cool new rewards. For participating in the upcoming Beta season of League Rankings, players will be eligible for the following rewards:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/557/blog/league-hunter-skin2.jpg

Players finishing the Beta season in the Eternal tier will receive 4 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Platinum (previously called “Blood”) tier will receive 3 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Gold tier will receive 2 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Silver tier will receive 1 chest key.
For completing 5 ranked matches, all players will be rewarded with a player banner.
For competing in any ranked matches, all players have a chance to collect ranked-exclusive Occult item drops.

We've temporarily removed the top 10 players list for now while we investigate the stats further. Bear with us.

We look forward to welcoming you all to our next phase of League Rankings.

Dron1508
14th Jul 2015, 18:17
To start with, we will be adjusting the Leaver penalty
Rejoin option maybe first?

Louves
14th Jul 2015, 19:22
Isn't the ranking for the alpha test completely redundant because the places 1 - 14 were bugged and had far too high points?

Farnbeak
14th Jul 2015, 19:26
I've logged in just to say a big Thank You for the shifted timeframe and for delivering our feedback to the devs, Saiko! :group_hug:

Its also nice to see some new decisions on the leaver problem (esp. the information notifications), although i do worry about those of us who get crashed or bugged. I've been stuck in death screen on match start respawn for the first time just an hour or two ago :whistle: People in such situations tend to get kicked as an AFK if not killed in 3 minutes to they can actually spawn properly.

Psyonix_Ryan
14th Jul 2015, 21:18
Don't worry; we're looking to address crashing/rejoining vs. leaving a match. We'll post an update when it is ready.

FireWorks_
15th Jul 2015, 07:17
Isn't the ranking for the alpha test completely redundant because the places 1 - 14 were bugged and had far too high points?

Gotta agree with you, kinda weird to reward players for a system that bugged out pointwise. Maybe also something to fix before bringing it live. Starting with 1k points sure felt great...

I've logged in just to say a big Thank You for the shifted timeframe and for delivering our feedback to the devs, Saiko! :group_hug:

Its also nice to see some new decisions on the leaver problem (esp. the information notifications), although i do worry about those of us who get crashed or bugged. I've been stuck in death screen on match start respawn for the first time just an hour or two ago :whistle: People in such situations tend to get kicked as an AFK if not killed in 3 minutes to they can actually spawn properly.

This death screen lock out is 100% reproducible (filed bug report and forum thread already) and I hope they can have a look at it in time. Meanwhile avoid mashing keys during class selection, this includes typing as you cant chat during that phase anyway.

Thanks for shifting the time frame. An hour more before bedtime is much appreciated from european and eastern players.

Don't worry; we're looking to address crashing/rejoining vs. leaving a match. We'll post an update when it is ready.

Hope this is a very high priority for you guys. 4leavers in 5 placing matches was not fun at all. "Leavers" with points in the lead and winning... The technical difficulties some of the players experience are really annoying.
The discussion is old but instead of too harsh punishments, you might want to look at player crashes even more extensively...

Cause I got to know the not too glamorous programming style of you guys by now: Please, double and tripple check that the penalties dont not apply for reconning to a match. :nut::nut::nut:

Vampmaster
15th Jul 2015, 09:10
The death screen bug, if it's the same one I've seen, can be 100% reproduced simply by plugging in a XBox 360 gamepad and pressing the X button. I think if the player is killed and respawns after the bug happens, the bug will correct itself. Doesn't make the bug any less urgent to fix, but it's better than having the player kicked for idling.

FireWorks_
15th Jul 2015, 14:37
Yea its an input overflow, doesnt matter if keyboard or controller. 100% reproducible should make for an easy fix, we hope

MasterShuriko
15th Jul 2015, 15:30
Whens the new time frame starting now then for the Eu? Im finding it hard to narrow down to EST :o

eXmoRtiZ
15th Jul 2015, 15:43
Nice timing. Just coming back from Holiday at 28th. Thx Psyonix :) U can count of my feedback :)

Saikocat
15th Jul 2015, 16:09
Whens the new time frame starting now then for the Eu? Im finding it hard to narrow down to EST :o

It's 6pm - 4am BST, so that should be 8pm - 6am CET :)
Basically, it starts an hour earlier than the League Rankings Alpha 1 test.

MasterShuriko
15th Jul 2015, 19:02
It's 6pm - 4am BST, so that should be 8pm - 6am CET :)
Basically, it starts an hour earlier than the League Rankings Alpha 1 test.

Cheers thanks alot =D

Audhumbla
16th Jul 2015, 16:09

One of the main things we need to test with these alpha and beta tests is the scoring system. Designing and running simulations is fine, but the real test has been when real people use it in the wild.

The alpha initial placement was pretty wild, so we've changed it completely now. Alpha 2 is intended to just confirm that the placement is reasonable. That way when we run the beta with prizes the system should be robust, and we can use what we learn from the beta to tighten it completely for launch.

TL;DR: I'm keeping a close eye on ranked play, and the tests are super helpful.

Thank you all for sticking with us through alpha/beta!

troublemak9r
24th Jul 2015, 13:54
really looking forward to the beta, im really excited about what you have changed and how it feels to play - keep up the good work guys .. and girls :P

Saikocat
27th Jul 2015, 13:43
UPDATE:
The Nosgoth League Rankings Beta has been postponed by one day, and will now start on July 29th.

ciawal
27th Jul 2015, 14:20
Will the league rankings beta be a solo league again, or will we be able to play with a friend?

KaininitePriestess
27th Jul 2015, 19:16
Will the league rankings beta be a solo league again, or will we be able to play with a friend?

To my knowledge, all of the League tests that we're going to be doing so far are solo-queue and they haven't announced team-queues, though I believe it's something they're planning on doing later.

senjuj
28th Jul 2015, 13:35
make players hidden to reduce evasion in lobby.

KaininitePriestess
28th Jul 2015, 15:27
make players hidden to reduce evasion in lobby.

Noooo, let's not. Without a mute or ignore function, trying to get a different lobby when you know there's a really toxic player is the only option available to us.