PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated I uninstalled Nosgoth

emcastor
14th Jul 2015, 08:30
I've put hundreds of hours into this game, and am impressed with the level of detail and Legacy of Kain qualities you've brought to this title.

I love the gameplay. I love the weapons systems. I love a lot about this game.

I spent dozens of hours leveling up the mysterious weapons I was lucky to find. A fullbore cannon for my alchemist was my first find and I was so excited I spent the whole week leveling it. Then, after 60,000 points of experience. (To put that in perspective, I average about 1000 a match for one side, so sixty matches at twenty minutes a piece.)

It's toxic... ew. I really think it looks dumb...I don't even want it. Oh well, during the leveling process, I got two different bows for my hunter, I'll use one of those until they're leveled up, then I'll have a cool weapon I like.

I see so many cool fire weapons, lightning, ice, darkness. It's gonna be sweet.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Dang it! After all that, my repeater is toxic too... oh well... I've got a multi-bow, and THAT'S the one I really wanted to level anyway. After all that time, it'll be cool.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Toxic. freaking..really? All my mysterious weapons are toxic. I've put dozens of hours into this game to level these weapons, and I'm always left with something I don't like or want. I'm not trying to rage at you, or demand anything, because I'm not entitled to it, but I'm so frustrated I'm walking away from this game. I really don't want to put another month of my life into more stuff I don't like. Certainly something to take away from the toxic effect and/or not being able to swap visuals in forge. I feel like I've wasted that time now.

Thanks for all the good games, and hope this game goes far.

-EW

PS. on a side note. Legacy of Kain imbues the reaver with a bunch of elementals, aside from looking bad in my opinion, toxic feels like a tacked on effect, separate from the LoK world, like you made it just because you have the assets.

Thanks for all the good gaming hours.

-E

Da_Wolv
14th Jul 2015, 09:16
Ok... so basically because of completely non-gaming related reasons you quit?
I don't even know what to reply here.

Cristari
14th Jul 2015, 18:39
Wow that's a touch extreme. Quitting over a graphical enhancement to a weapon. I don't really see the fuss at all the graphic isn't that bad I have Toxic on a Charge and it looks ok to me.

KaininitePriestess
15th Jul 2015, 06:42
^This. I got toxic on a Sentinel ability and it's the only MI I have for him. I just shrugged and moved on with my life. It's not that big of a deal and I have other things to worry about then what sort of shiny weapon I'm going to get. They're nice, but they don't take away my enjoyment of the game if they're not that one shiny I really wanted.

chriZor
15th Jul 2015, 07:22
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150715/t7gvvodm.png

That's some serious issues.

xNarcissusx
15th Jul 2015, 11:01
Seems like a lame issue to quit, pretty sure they have even said you will be able to change FX in the forge at some point.

But while on the topic of Toxic weapons, I can admit I too have been disappointed in the past for getting it. Though it doesn't really matter to me anymore as it has its advantages. Now as for the FX effect I think it's mislabeled, it doesn't really seem toxic at all to me it has more of a rotten flesh/molded bread look rather than being toxic. For me toxic should be more like a glowing dark green oozing effect. Which would be more in theme with the bright colors of the frost, flame and lightning effects.

Vampmaster
15th Jul 2015, 11:19
Seems like a lame issue to quit, pretty sure they have even said you will be able to change FX in the forge at some point.

But while on the topic of Toxic weapons, I can admit I too have been disappointed in the past for getting it. Though it doesn't really matter to me anymore as it has its advantages. Now as for the FX effect I think it's mislabeled, it doesn't really seem toxic at all to me it has more of a rotten flesh/molded bread look rather than being toxic. For me toxic should be more like a glowing dark green oozing effect. Which would be more in theme with the bright colors of the frost, flame and lightning effects.

Yeah, they should just change the way the toxic effect looks. Base it around the appearance of the human's poison cloud or the poison demon's spray from SR2/Defiance.