PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4... I Need You Now

ColbyCheeseLover
10th Jul 2015, 03:13
Gosh, I cannot stop thinking about episode 4 and how much we've messed up time. I really enjoy this game, and it brings a smile to my face. Except, not in the dramatic parts :naughty: I hope we are almost to news, a trailer, release or something...

WazzuMan
10th Jul 2015, 06:20
They've been pretty consistent with their release schedule so far. I'd expect the episode to release either towards the end of this month or within the first few weeks of next month, if there are no unexpected delays, that is. Truth be told, I've been so distracted lately I've been fortunate enough not to be consumed with the frustrations of waiting. That said, depending on how 4 ends, I probably will be consumed with the wait for 5.

Alvare
10th Jul 2015, 09:49
I'll make a guess.. the 21th. :rasp:

Tataboj
10th Jul 2015, 10:45
Well, it should be released in this week. Otherwise... :)
Btw Dontnod said they want to release episodes within 6 - 8 weeks and once delayed Ep. 2. I don't think they will delay Ep. 4.

julietxjules
10th Jul 2015, 11:05
Well, it should be released in this week. Otherwise... :)
Btw Dontnod said they want to release episodes within 6 - 8 weeks and once delayed Ep. 2. I don't think they will delay Ep. 4.

Actually it's six weeks, not six - eight weeks (as stated by Luc Baghdoust - Dontnod Entertainment) and, it's already delayed and over schedule. Let patience be a virtue! :)

TheEmissary
10th Jul 2015, 16:18
Episode 2 was released 7.5 weeks after Episode 1 and Episode 3 was released 8 weeks after Episode 2, so 8 weeks seem to be the norm. And I think one of the guys from Dontnod at E3 said that they try to release an episode every 8 weeks, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Yes, I know, initially the plan was to release an episode every 6 weeks, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Tataboj
21st Jul 2015, 12:39
I planned my vacation also for release of Ep. 4. And I am going on vacation next week! Please, release it! Now!

WazzuMan
22nd Jul 2015, 08:28
I'm calling it. 4th of August. They've released on Tuesday's so far and since we've yet to hear from them this week I think the next will be trailer and announced date.

Tataboj
22nd Jul 2015, 09:37
It's been a week since you told us you are applying final touches and will shere more info asap.

WazzuMan
22nd Jul 2015, 10:33
It's been a week since you told us you are applying final touches and will shere more info asap.

Yes, but making a game and getting it into everyone's living rooms are two different beasts, especially since they'll want another coordinated release across five different platforms across multiple countries. It's just going to take an extra bit of time to set the actual release up.

BTW an update file was just released.

Edit:

Version 1.03

- Necessary changes to get ready for the release of Episode 4.
- A number of polish and minor fixes to episode 1, 2 and 3.
- Thanks everyone for your support, we hope you enjoy playing Life Is Strange.

Tataboj
22nd Jul 2015, 11:31
Oh. I haven't gotten it on Steam yet. Sorry for my impatience, I'm just waiting too long. :)

PHub07
22nd Jul 2015, 21:43
I'm really surprised there was no announcement today.

Ep3 was announced on a Wednesday and came out that next Tuesday. I remember at the time thinking they would want at LEAST 1 week of everybody knowing when its coming out to maximize interest....they did it with 6 days.

After the tweet about finishing it 1 week ago....really surprised that we didn't get any more news today. You would think with that tweet July 28th would be a lock for the release day. Yet here we are at Wednesday and no announcement. Man I really don't want to wait another 2 weeks. Please announce it tonight.....