PDA

View Full Version : What I would like to see with the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Cid_Steiner
7th Jul 2015, 23:33
Ok I will chime in on the most required parts of FF7, they are very simple.
GRAPHICS/MUSIC We saw, we heard. its amazing and i will not insult the work already done for our want. if i may humbly request, please make sure to apply this grandeur to all aspects of this beloved tradition.
CAMERA We ask for the thirdperson, rearview, topdown view, keep the original camera style, please improve it.
WORLD MAP/OVERWORLD a similar view from the original, I would love a first person perspective as well.
NON LINEAR GAMEPLAY, EXPLORATION, and SIDEQUESTS are a must.
BOSSES retention of the weapons Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, and Ultima. some new ones.
NEW bosses, challenges, areas, continents, and dungeons . it will exponentionally add to replay value.
CHARACTER BACKSTORY Please feel free to add as far back as you like... individual full stories.
COMBAT as for the option of tackling an onscreen mega monster that is fine, make more "Zoloms".
(I enjoy killing that damn snake, and wish there were more like it)
RANDOM ENCOUNTER please keep it to make the game active, and interesting .
ATB vs LIVE COMBAT it should be an option, classic turn based or live combat there should be that difference.
MATERIA and SUMMONS keep it original add some new summons, magic, and enemyskills. Around 100 individual materia should suffice.
AIRSHIP I wanna fly a badassed version of the Highwind!
CHOCOBOS catching breeding and more indepth raising.
MINIGAMES crossdressing snowboarding gbike and a few great new ones.
Other than that, lets all be good and buy our PS4 like we promised we would if they gave us this game.

"I can't wait to explore around the chocobo ranch...... you know."
Gratefully,
Me

Aerenvel
12th Jul 2015, 21:44
People were not asking for a remake of FF7 to have a completely new game we wanted to relive FF7 with modern graphics. Tetsuya Nomura keeps saying it will be exactly the same as FF7 and people do not want that. However that is exactly what people have been asking for. We want our limit breaks, material system finding in the world, we want our world map, we want a turn based game we don't want a button mashing game that takes no thought process. Square Enix has not made a game with a world map since FF9 they just push a linear game out that looks pretty but overall just is awful cough FF13 cough, we don't want ff11 12 14 15 style game play we have them already and honestly they are not even fun you cant even die in half of them. They just seem to push out trash games to make a quick buck. Letting SE know they are taking a huge risk and will lose pretty much their entire fan base if they drop the ball with this because like Yoshida Wada said this could be the end of SE FF7 is a master piece for a reason you can add stuff to it but if you take away the World map the battle system it will not be FF7 anymore it will be another linear no freedom bad game. So do not reinvent the wheel the wheel works just make the wheel better don't try to use a triangle add some special tread on there to make it ride better in any weather. If you cannot do this right do not do it at all because me and 100 people I know will not buy this if it is a ff13 11 12 14 15. we want a Classic game, you got enough modern games we want some nostalgia to bring back beautiful memories, don't make this into a nightmare that ruins your reputation because most of your sales are old generation that give you good word of mouth and you want that old generation to inspire the young generation not tell them how bad you are. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you listen to everyone and keep the world map battle system finding material leveling it mini games side quests etc. Just expand on the back story maybe add the advent children story as new gameplay.

Aerenvel
12th Jul 2015, 21:55
Ive stood by this company since FF1 on regular Nintendo, Show me that you can still make a classic this will be it for me and many others. I started to believe you cannot make a world map any more. That you do not care about what your fans desire that its all about how fast you can shove a game out there to make a quick dollar. Don't ruin this game add to it make it beautiful people don't care about voice acting and long mundane videos. We want exploration world maps finding items, we want a indepth battle system not a grid system, we want awesome summons and limit breaks. that epic music and story. Show us you still got it don't destroy a classic or you will find you will destroy much more than that. I love this company reward our faithfulness with a classic not a modern piece of dung

Cid_Steiner
13th Jul 2015, 08:32
"Belittling a major videogame director, and his team. is not the path to that which you desire."

Cid_Steiner
14th Jul 2015, 21:22
Please know that rants will not be tolerated. I think feedback is vital to the construction of this masterpiece.
It would be great to get a discussion going.
What would everyone like to see, when you walk out of Midgar for the first time?

Ashtabley
14th Jul 2015, 22:37
All the dead wasteland fields surrounding Midgar from the mako reactor fallout's and pollution. And in the distance the town of Kalm and to the right of that a long open valley leading to the Chocobo Ranch and the marshlands.

Cid_Steiner
14th Jul 2015, 23:05
So, would you agree with it having both first and third person perspective to better view the world? What style of combat do you think would serve that best, how should adversaries be encountered? What should the scope and scale of the enviroment be? What would it take, to make you weep for joy?

sp1721
16th Jul 2015, 02:31
personally i think it would be nice if they took full advantage of the all of the PS4's technological capabilities (sound, graphics, etc). I do not think that they should change the plot. However, it might be fun if they explored the story a little bit more. For example, in crisis core they touched on the theology of the FF7 universe. They could play on that a little bit more in the remake. One question that I have is if Jenova is a physical manifestation of the goddess Minerva.

Cid_Steiner
16th Jul 2015, 03:14
I would concur as to using the PS4 to its fullest, it would be folly not to utilize it's capabilities.

As far as I can see, we know very little about Barret, Tifa, Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, Nanaki, Aerith, Cait Sith/Reeve. I think it would be wonderful to add more to these characters stories. It would add depth, and detail while giving us a more to appreciate with each characters role in this story.

With regards to your suggestion as to adding theology to the FF7 universe, are you ready for the Church of Rufus?

"A thinking man or woman's Final Fantasy that's the way!"

Zimdawg
16th Jul 2015, 20:51
Love this topic Cid, none of the arguing back and forth! I would also add a few things to your list or some suggestions that made other games popular that could increase the replay factor....

Maybe there's room for random generated areas (like the Diablo franchise)

SPOILER... ah f it, it's a remake, you don't know by now then don't read the forums about the game. Make a playable spirit character of Aerith (Aeris) we all miss her so. Always felt cheated every time I farmed all her limits then didn't get to use them anymore!

Keep the look and feel of the game dark. It's very easy with shiny new graphic engines to make things to bright and bubbly.

Could should be a dark/distant bada$$, not an emo guy like in FF7 Advent Children. He didn't have an emo feel in FFV7 so don't give him one in the remake.

I think adding some gore/violence to go with the dark feel is a must. The scene where Barret loses his hand for example, show it as it would look. The more real it feels the better, don't make it look/feel fake like anime. I like anime, but FFVII is not anime.

Voices are super important, they should reflect the original characters appropriately, not just be bubbly like a anime (I know I've referenced this twice). For some reason, when I play FFVII I hear Mister T's voice when Barret is talking, LOL.

Introduce some new materia and bosses/weapons. complex materia combinations was one of the things that made the game so amazing.

Please, please do not do one of those different ending things if you get 100% of everything done.

Add some more background of Sephiroth, and maybe let us play a few scenarios as the anti-hero.

Make the Sephiroth looking back in the flames scene the most epic FMV (hah, you guys remember the term FMV, ah the classics). It is one of, if not the most iconic game moments of all time.

I'm sure I can think of more, but love all of your suggestions as well Cid, with the exception of the cross dressing. With up'd graphics it just might not look/feel right, lol. Ooh that reminds me, make an 18 and older version where you can go in and have a good time at the Honey Bee Ranch! =P

Cid_Steiner
17th Jul 2015, 01:22
I was hard at work today, read the post you submitted while taking a moment's worth of respite.

In perspective to your requests,

Perhaps a little time in the Lifestream is what you seek?

A quest to recover Holy may be in order.

I have always thought that the change in enviroment and the stark and obvious comparison between the old mythril empire, and the new country life. was, and is a very a necessary motivator to the plot line.

One should be aware that the only existence, Cloud has had to come to terms with (at this junction) is one of his own creation.

Realism will be a vital component of this title, please remember that SquareEnix is a family company, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that FF7 can be enjoyed by as many people as possible.

I believe anything less than the finest voice actors in the industry today, would fail to capture the correct demeanor of the characters.

We will all be living in a Materia world.

WIth respect to Sephiroth, be patient and all things with be revealed.

Acts of moral depravity I think not. doing what it takes to save a friend, you have my attention.

"Are you a Materia girl?"

Regnak1
17th Jul 2015, 04:49
Absolutely keep ATB - if they want to integrate it with full character movement around the battlefield, I'm fine with that, but I would very much like the default mode to be full control over all actions, with enough time to think and play strategically, rather than frantically mashing buttons (read: COMMAND MENUS - NOT just mapped-to-button commands). Implementing options for full control and auto/AI shouldn't be THAT much extra work, if they want to go that route, but ATB where we can select commands is crucial.

Absolutely keep/expand the available materia - keep the leveling system, etc. I *would* like the option to equip MORE than 8 materia max on a piece of equipment though :)

I would like it to be big enough to take up four blu-ray disks - I miss disk switching :D

This is a pretty random idea, but rather than trying to score everything in-house, audiomachine has some pretty epic stuff. I didn't know who/what they were until a few days ago (thanks pandora!), but a lot of it would be spectacular in a FF score. Some of the original score should be kept, but updated (eg, it'd be nice if sephiroth's theme didn't sound like it was coming out of a digital pipe organ), but there is a LOT of room for new music. Back there and back then, audio files took up a lot of space, comparatively. Now, not so much.

I hope there are more things to do/places to go in the submarine!

DON'T SCREW WITH THE STORYLINE! Obviously there are some flaws in the original that need to be worked out (general incomprehensibility), but I REALLY hope they don't start adding in stuff from the spinoffs. This should be a reMAKE, not a reBOOT!

Finally, I think the world map is necessary. FF Type-0 handled this pretty well, but the scope and level of detail can definitely be jacked-up in a full PS4 release.

Cid_Steiner
17th Jul 2015, 05:50
I thank you for your comments,

"A house divided against itself can not stand" I think it would be wise to give the player the option. conceiveably an updated version of ATB matched with a fast paced live combat...... possibly same system multiplayer would be best.

There will be new ways to equip, and use Materia.

As to the notion of multiple disks it is a balance between necessity, novelty, and demand for storage.
i believe that two BLU-RAY disks should eloquently meet this demand.

The musical score, one of the most vital elements of any truly great epic experience,
i can think of no finer choice than one of the worlds great orchestras.

With the already high demand for minigames and sidequests, the submarine is an excellent recommendation.
it would add much depth.... in more ways than one.
the sidequest value alone makes it a provocative suggestion.

The story line most likely will remain 100% intact with development focusing on interpersonal relationships and their affect on the events in the plot, with expansion dedicated to showing more of the managerie that is the world of Final Fantasy VII.

It will always be difficult to perceive the world through the eyes of another, so i shall give you my most descriptive imagery.

imagine for me if you would, walking through the overworld on the way to your next objective. when you mistakenly depress L2 and the world whirls away. what is revealed is what you have always wanted to see. in front of you is the vast grasslands leading to Kalm, you can see the smoke from the old timers, lighting their stoves. behind you is the waste of Shinra and their madness. to the right stands a long and narrow pass, you can hear a chocobo as you journey nearer to allies, and friends.

"To be the premier gaming studio of an era, to restore the honor."

stefinio57
17th Jul 2015, 22:35
Merci pour FF7 Remake , y'auras t'il des versions PC ? Sinon big jeu , premier Final Fantasy 3d plus réaliste en combats avec ses magies, que les versions précédentes sur Nes.
-Scénario bêton , peut étre aménageable pour plusieurs fins, comme la possible non mort d'Aeris ??? " une queue de phoenix et c'est repartis:rasp:", ou l'énergie spirituel de la rivière de la vie nous la Rend !!
-Gameplay et statégie bêton, avec Exp des matéria et de ses combinaisons !! Nos armes nos accessoires et bien plus !!
-Bande son bêton, de bout en bout !! et retravailler, après visionage de la vidéo * l'E3, on peut espérer des voix originals et en plusieurs langues suivant sa région et des bonnes , qui colle !!
Hâte de toucher du Remake SQUARE ENIX POWaaaaa !!!

Cid_Steiner
18th Jul 2015, 06:20
Merci pour votre temps , toutes les langues sont les bienvenus dans cette discussion .
Thank you for your time, all languages ​​are welcome in this discussion.
お時間をいただき、ありがとうございます、すべての言語は、この説明に歓迎されています。

Je suis d'accord je me sens comme si un changement * l'histoire va être essentielle * la création d'une nouvelle expérience .
I agree i feel as if a change to the story will be essential to the creation of a new experience.
私は再びあなたに感謝しなければなりません。私はすべての作業が終了しますファンの反応を楽しみにしています。

peut-être une combinaison de la materia sainte et de phénix convoquer après certaines autres conditions sont remplies .
Perhaps a combination of holy materia and phoenix convene after certain other conditions are met.
おそらく、神聖マテリアと鳳凰の組み合わせが特定の他の条件が満たされた後に招集します。

Oui je suis d'accord , il doit être accessible * tous qui souhaitez découvrir un classique dans ce genre.
Yes i agree , it must be accessible to all who wish to discover a classic in this genre.
私は同意するはい、それはこのジャンルの古典を発見したい人すべてにアクセスできる必要があります。

la bande son est le equivelent de l'un des plus grands compositeurs de l'Europe.
The soundtrack is the equivalent of one of the greatest composers of Europe.
サウンドトラックは、ヨーロッパの最大の作曲家の一つに相当します。

Votre enthousiasme est la bienvenue , et je me réjouis avec beaucoup d'espoir * votre expérience avec d'avalanche et de leurs compatriotes .
Your enthusiasm is very welcome, and I look forward with great hope to your experience with Avalanche and their compatriots.
あなたの熱意は非常に歓迎され、私は雪崩とその同胞とあなたの経験に大きな希望を持って楽しみにしています。

Je Dois vous remercier * nouveau . Je me réjouis de la réaction, les fans auront quand tout le travail est terminé .
I must thank you again. i look forward to the reaction the fans will have when all the work is finished.
私は再びあなたに感謝しなければなりません。私はすべての作業が終了したときにファンがあります反応を楽しみにしています。

"* long Final Fantasy en direct."
"Long live Final Fantasy."
"ロングファイナルファンタジーを生きます。"

Cid_Steiner
19th Jul 2015, 08:27
Cid: [looking at Temple of Ancients maze] $#!%! $#!%! $#!%! What the hell's with this place?

Barret: How much farther do these stairs go on?

Barret: Are we there yet?

Tifa: Not yet.

Barret: ...there yet?

Tifa: I said not yet!

Barret: Yo...

Tifa: Look, don't even ask! We're way way way way far away from being there, OK?

Barret: Damn, man! I've had it! I'm going back!

Tifa: And take just as long going down as you did coming up?

Barret: C'mon newcomer. Follow me.

Yuffie: C'mon Cloud say something...

Cloud: ...something.

Rude: Do you know who I am?

Cloud: From the Turks, right?

Rude: Well if you know, then this won't take long. It's difficult to explain what the Turks do...

Cloud: Kidnapping, right?

Rude: To put it negatively... you could say that.

Reno: [to Cloud] Looking at you is making me sober.

Barret: How much farther do these stairs go on?

Tifa: Why don't you ask them?

Barrett: Playtime's over for you, jackasses!

Barret: Get in here, fools! We're starting the meeting!

Aeris: Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.

Cid: Sit your $#!%! down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!

Cloud: Whoa! Finger! What the hell?

Tifa: Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.

Vincent: I don't care what you're doing, so much as the idiotic way you're doing it

Red XIII:...puff... puff... Would you kindly hurry? The heat is drying my nose.

Yuffie: Yeah, mine, too!

Cloud: [to Barrett] You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow.

Yuffie: I'm not sympathizing with Barret! He never should've trusted Shinra, Inc.

Barret: I don't got any answers. I wanna be with Marlene... But I gotta fight. 'Cause if I don't, the planet's gonna die... So I'm gonna keep fightin'!

Barrett: [referring to Sephiroth] So he's a good guy, right?

Sephiroth: [to Cloud] What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Cloud: If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.

Vincent: I have nothing to say.

Yuffie: That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway.

Vincent: Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end.

Cloud: All right, everyone, let's mosey.

Cid: Damn! Again! Stop sayin' it like a wimp! Can't you say 'Move out!' or somethin'?

Cloud: Move out!

"Looking up at the sky too much makes you lose perspective."

Cid_Steiner
21st Jul 2015, 05:27
"A lot of times in life we already have the key, but we live our lives in chains!"

There have been times in the past where SquareEnix has been accused of not listening to the fans, today is not that day!

If you look carefully, some fine things have been laid upon our table.

Today, is the day i give thanks.

CEO Phil Rogers, Mr Nomura, Mr Nojima, Mr Kitase, Mr Uematsu, and the SquareEnix family, i see you here taking note.

Thank you, for listening, caring, and being here to do what must be done.

During the most difficult parts of my life, the Final Fantasy VII team were my closest friends and confidants.
They tought me to be a hero, and to do what it takes no matter what.

"Please try to pass that on, it is the pedagogics of our children."

Cid_Steiner
23rd Jul 2015, 03:51
Videbimus....

Ashtabley
24th Jul 2015, 14:11
I am confident Nomura and his team can capture the same magic with this remake. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it to be released (2017 maybe?)

Cid_Steiner
26th Jul 2015, 05:55
I would agree Mr Nomura has shown, and honed his skill as a director with his recent releases.

Take the time with this release, leave no aspect uninspected.
those are the type of men and women working on this experience.

Personally, i agree with making people wait just a little longer.
i could see a simultaneous summer/holiday 2017 release as the best option for exceptional sales.

If i were to idealize this experience it would indeed be a twentieth aniversary extravaganza,
complete with the remake of FF7, a hard copy of the HD version in modern format, with the film release as well.
leather bound collectors edition is necessity.

Giving the fans the formal chance to pass on their experiences to the next generation is paramount.

"Continuatae."

Ashtabley
26th Jul 2015, 12:56
And don't forget a limited edition FFVII PS4. I'm sure the remake will be a console seller for sure.

Cid_Steiner
27th Jul 2015, 19:55
I will absolutley conceed to the providence of a limited edition console.
for the opportunity to own both a limited edition console, packaged with the afore mentioned collectors edition of FFVII,
i would with monumental zeal capitulate liquid capitol in the measure of five hundred dollars.

Regardless, it must be released prior to the remake as an implement of fostering. its pertinence is one of vital fortification.
i could see no finer choice in timing than in conjunction with the release of the HD refurbishing.

With every component of SquareEnix under such scrutiny,
it would behoove the members involved in the more prevalent franchises to communicate more expediently.

Warmest regards,
Mr. Steiner

"Carpe Diem"

cloudstrife453
28th Jul 2015, 14:03
All i want is for 7 to be playstation exclusive i hate the xbox and its pointless to put the remake of a game on a system that the original never was on. Square needs to stop putting their games on the xbox because the xbox is just as stupid as everything else microsoft makes nowadays. If square put 7's remake on the xbox i wont buy anymore games from them ever again and they will lose me as a fan and customer til the day i die.

cloudstrife453
28th Jul 2015, 14:06
Of course i want the story to remain the same just with new montsers, bosses, dungeons and graphics
I prefer the original midgar and not the new futuristic midgar with skyscrapers i dont lile that i prefer old style but with new gen graphics.

cloudstrife453
28th Jul 2015, 14:10
I dont want people or places that come from the spin offs like angeal, genesis, modeoheim, banora and other things that did not exist in the original game. I want only everything from the original game plus extra bosses, dungeons and monsters

Cid_Steiner
28th Jul 2015, 21:29
Definition of CONCISION. 1. archaic : a cutting up or off. 2. : the quality or state of being concise.

Hello there young man, im glad to hear your perspecive.

Truth be told, hate is such an arrogant word. i really can not seem to see why you would not purchase any further products, simply for the reason that the FFVII remake is available on an Xbox one.

May i recommend given your view, that you purchase FinalFantasy VII HD?

"odio intelligo oportet destrui"

Obligingly,
The foul mouthed maniac

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:52
When the ff7 comes out i will buy it for ps4 but if i find out its on xbox then that will be the last game i buy from square enix and also hatred will never be destroyed because hatred is part of the hearts of men

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:54
Truth be told i would buy a nintendo system before i would buy any garbage microsoft comes up with

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:55
Microsoft needs to be put out of business and im gonna be the one to do it when i make my technology business

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:56
Microsoft was only was only good for two things: the XP and Microsoft office but everything else they make is garbage

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:57
Apple is better than microsoft thats why i would never buy one of their garbage computers that they got now with that stupid block layout

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 03:59
Disney is just as evil as microsoft is and both of them want to ruin the final fantasy series

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:01
Kingdom hearts makes a mockery out of final fantasy because disney ruins everything and to combine something thats horrible with something thats good only ruins whats good

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:01
I hate kingdom hearts because final fantasy is too good for disney

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:03
F*** disney they suck and sora sucks sora is nothing but a clowned up final fantasy character leave it to disney to ruin sh**

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:04
Big foot clown sora... And the keyblade is the dumbest thing ever thought of

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:06
Just like ff8, ff8 is the worst game in the series and square enix needs to destroy that junk and make a new ff8 with a new story and new characters

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:07
I hate ff8, i hate disney, i hate Microsoft, i hate not eating five times a day need i go on?....

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:10
I hate this game i dont think it belongs in the series. There are so many things wrong with this game like there is no mp instead you have suck the magic out of monsters, the level system is retarded you level up every 1000 experience which is not what final fantasy is about, a real final fantasy makes you work hard to get stronger. The max level is 100 which a real final fantasy caps at 99 not counting ff10,13,13-2. The game is based on military and not fantasy if i wanted to play a military game then i would've went with call of duty. The characters all suck in this game no one is interesting enough to develop an emotional bond with. The characters stats are to low and cant get get stronger without junctioning magic. The graphics are even worst than ff7 i would rather look at smooth blocky characters in 7 than to look at the pixelated crap in 8. The normal monsters level up with you which makes the game less interesting. The monsters are stupid and they are nothing more than regular animals like t-rexes used to be a monster. The music is horrible in this game and turns me off. The story makes absolutely no sense. Laguna is gay (check dissidia 012 to find out). Square should remove this from the series and sell it to someone and make a new ff8 with a new story, characters and everything. I hate this game and its the one game in this series thats horrible.

Cid_Steiner
30th Jul 2015, 04:14
concise synopsis FAIL

"What is your major malfunction private pyle"

unabashedly yours,
The foul mouthed maniac

Cid_Steiner
30th Jul 2015, 04:29
Let it never be said that i do not share the efforts of others, its a simple action to see the issue with cloudstrife453.

TheDisorderlyConduct
30th Jul 2015, 04:32
What i would want?
Elaborated, better translated, story lines.
More mini-games (with better graphics). Like the fortune telling machine, make it look good. That's the point of updated graphics.
More secrets. Maybe include some references to all the garbage rumors that hit after the first one like Topaz Weapon or the reviving of Aerith/Aeris. And maybe make ONE of them actually real.
Keep the music, but incorporate the orchestral versions. Man they are good.
Give some props to the guys over at Enix like you did back in the day with the credit music. It was cool hearing the Dragon Warrior/Quest theme played during the end credits of FF7. Now that you are all one big happy family, maybe a joke about Erdrick or a hidden slime to battle would be fun.
Uhm, add another playable character? Maybe one of the turks? Maybe that rumored troll? I dunno, just a little something extra after the point in the story that 99% of us already know about to help after you know what happens to you know who.
KEEP THE MATERIA THE SAME! I seriously think that was one of my favorite parts of the whole battle system.
Most of all, and i can't stress this enough, DO A GOOD JOB! Don't release it early, take your time and do the game justice. We've waited a long time for this, please don't let us down.

Cid_Steiner
30th Jul 2015, 04:58
I concur, you want to know what the best part of all this is?

you are largely correct.

"cumulare more muscas mel"

TheDisorderlyConduct
30th Jul 2015, 05:09
KOTR in HD? Uhm, i want to see it one time through, but maybe add a "skip cut scene" feature...?

TheDisorderlyConduct
30th Jul 2015, 05:17
Because KOTR is "Knights Of The Round" summon materia. And i don't want to sit through the whole cut scene EVERY time... Maybe just when i want to. A skip cut scene would be nice.

Cid_Steiner
30th Jul 2015, 05:20
Relavance to FFVII?
was originally posted between TheDisorderlyConduct posts regarding Knights of The Round table summon materia,
the victim of a savage kitten sized mauling!

i apologize im inexperienced with the use of most game abbreviations.

these are all excellent recommendations, may i ask you a bold question TheDisorderlyConduct?

Do you as a fan of the franchises at SquareEnix, believe that the members of the corporate team have taken the time to read these transcripts?

Sincerely,
The foul mouthed maniac Cid Steiner

Tsuyukiko
30th Jul 2015, 14:18
Ohh! Ohh! I have some stuff too!
Um, I say spoilery things, just saying, since people still get mad sometimes...
I'm not sure about the limits on the PS4, so I'm only going to think semi-realistically. I hope that's alright.
I'm not very good at writing, sorry. It's written sort of directed at Square, but I don't really know if they'll actually read it.
Spoiler tags are here because I talk a lot and I'm bad at explaining, and I don't want to take up an entire page. Sorry!

Regarding combat:
First thing's first, the combat is probably going to be active. It's extremely unlikely that they'll leave it turn based. Think of the graphics these days. It would look and feel really strange if it was left it exactly the same. I'm so tired of people complaining about this, but I'll hold my rants for elsewhere. But an option to switch between the two isn't a good idea either. It'd change the game completely depending on how you play. You're basically programming a new game, so most of the time and money that would be used on the rest of the game would probably go to that instead. Not trying to be aggressive towards anyone, but I'm just saying. If you want to play the original turn-based Final Fantasy VII, go play the original Final Fantasy VII. This is an update, and the combat needs to be updated too.

My main concern is that Final Fantasy VII is really menu based, and needs to stick to it to keep things working the same. I'm thinking it can be fixed with having the combat be something more like Kingdom Hearts. Since we'll have a menu, materia can work exactly like it used to. But don't make it like Crisis Core! That was hard to play because of how disorganized it was! Keep it as the menus were originally, please! Attack, Magic > List of magic, Summon > List of summons, Item > list of (usable) items. I say usable because of the weapons and such showing up in the original. These things should only come up if you're using the throw command. I'm not sure how command materia would work out actually, but it could probably be put in similarly. 4x Cut replaces the attack command, other things in a 'folder' of sorts. Oh, the slot wheel in CC was also very strange, please keep a limit bar instead, with optional execution. Wasting limits is really frustrating. How will it work? I'm not sure. Keeping it as hits might not be the best idea, because it'll be active and you could get trapped in a combo or something. Maybe slow it down, and base it on dealing hits instead? I wonder about fury and sadness too... Hey, make combos a thing too if you can. I like chaining things together to make something huge instead of mindless button mashing. Some dodges and a defend button would be nice too!

As for random encounters, I think it'd be good to have things wandering around instead of suddenly jumping out. Things would seem more alive. But the occasional ambush would be good too, if it's possible. That was a thing in Final Fantasy XV, wasn't it? Guys dropping down on you? I never played it and I only watched a little bit, so I'm not fully sure, but it'd be a way to stop people from avoiding every battle. You could probably put the danger level back in and use it just for that. Just keep it a good ways apart so it's not constant battles. But have ambushes make sense too though. MPs in Midgar, Bandits in Corel... Kalm Fangs and the sort in the map area? Oh! I'm not sure how possible it is, but interactivity between the enemies would be pretty sweet too. I remember in Final Fantasy XIII, there was a behemoth fighting these wolf looking things (I think?). It was probably scripted, but it was cool to see. You could have something similar if you put it a bit more random. Some MPs could walk by each other and be like "nothing here!", or just wave to each other or something (They're people too!). I didn't like how I had to kill the behemoth afterwards though! I helped him, why is he trying to eat me!? But I suppose it's okay... ;-;

Keep massive monsters massive! Zolom, WEAPONs, Gigas, and so on. Going back to Kingdom Hearts, you could put a reaction thing. Like, the press triangle thing, you know what I mean, right? You could have the player climb up the monster in reaction to a certain attack and deal extra damage on its back or head. And speaking of massive monsters, add some new WEAPONs! The Onix Dragon was turned into Ultima WEAPON, wasn't it? It looks like with a little bit of alterations, it could easily be turned into it's own WEAPON, so there's something easy!

There's a few concerns though. The Emerald WEAPON battle... Non turn based underwater combat might be complicated... And how will the other party members play? If they have materia, will they even use it right?

Regarding the world:
Open!! Very open. I want the overworld to be massive and gorgeous. I'm not expecting everything to be one giant map, but have the towns realistic. Meaning, not sitting there next to you being half of your height. I expect loading, so do it when you enter in towns, houses, caves, going underwater, etc... Things like that. But leave the overworld as one map, a town or city as one map, underwater as one map, cave as one map... You get the idea. But I don't want a massive area of nothing between towns and cities! That's why I said what I said before, visible enemies, some ambushes, enemies interacting. Optional quests and events are good. Little scenes, depending where you go. Like um... Maybe make the place where Zack's final stand was an actual place to go to? Easy new optional scene, why not? Could happen like what happened in Advent, sudden memories, just with no idea who or what or why. You could also move the Shinra Mansion scene there, but I dunno. Just try to put plenty to do, and let us explore. And give us a reason to explore too! Secret equipment, amazing looking areas, more optional enemies, some lore stuff, easter eggs...Make me play for hours on end. Not sure how possible it is with PS4 though, but please, do your best!

The feel! Since the areas are going to need to be worked on and expanded, I thought I'd point it out because Final Fantasy XV looks like it has this problem, last I checked. This is really hard for me to explain, so it might sound really dumb, but try to bare with me. The game is kind of dark, but don't make the entire game look dark and 'realistic'. Games trying to be 'realistic' is mostly made of all dull colors. Don't be afraid to use saturated colors in some places. I'm not saying make everything look like TERA Online (Though I would like that), but FF15 was rather dull looking, which worries me. Of course Midgar should be dark and dull, but there are plenty of places that shouldn't feel like that. Think about when you step out into the overworld for the first time, when the music goes into a big, open, adventure-y sound and feel. I think the visuals should give you a similar feeling, to make it all stronger. Since the music does turn a bit darker, find a middle ground for the visuals. When Meteor is summoned, and the music turns to the sad sound it was at that point, maybe change the lighting to make it darker and more depressing. Didn't that effect happen when you stood around Midgar in the original game? I'm fairly sure it did. Just remember though, while everyone wants insane graphics, things don't need to be aggressively realistic. Remember that this is still a fantasy game. Make it look the best it can possibly be.

Regarding story:
As a personal thing, I'd rather we leave the main story alone. I really don't want Dirge of Cerberus to happen again. To be honest, I don't the other games acknowledged at all. Let's just forget Deepground and Genesis ever happened. We have altered super soldiers, they're called SOLDIER. We have a Sephiroth. As much as I love Gackt, I don't want a bootleg Sephiroth based on him. People outside of Japan didn't even get Before Crisis, so you can't really add anything from that either and expect most of us to understand. Before you add anything major to the game's story, check through the entire original game and make sure it makes sense first. It's really important you fully know how the world and characters actually are. And don't make Cloud like he was in Advent Children. I absolutely do not want to be playing this whiny little HNGNG. Please remember that he had to move on from everything that happened to stop Meteor. And he actually did it. I want that old sassy Cloud Strife back, not this whining depressed child.

And really though! If Lucrecia was actually that sorry and needed Vincent to know she loved him that much, she'd probably point it out when she had her chance to talk! But she didn't! Sephiroth was more important! Come on Square, you can't just change your mind on these things! And no, I don't want her screaming she's sorry either! This is the exact reason I was against a remake in the first place! Jeez!

Oh, but hey! The things! The things that happened but didn't! The scenes and such that didn't make it into the original game! You have the time to put them in now! Like, apparently when Vincent had his limit for the first time, there was going to be a scene where everyone was surprised, including him. Active combat could let that work out fantastically. I'm not sure how well Cobalt and Indigo would fit in, but it'd be cool to see too... But it'd replace the Sample boss wouldn't it? So maybe not... Also, since things likely won't be turn based anymore, how are you going to find Yuffie? She was originally supposed to be found through posters and disguises or something, yeah? I don't remember all of the specifics, but that could be done now, right? It could be interesting. I'd love to see the things that got left out get put in.

Er...Maybe not that one thing with Tifa though. Even if it was just hinted at, the game was originally rated T and I'd like it to stay that way, even if the swearing might push the rating higher. You were right in leaving it out, it is a bit much. Personally, that kind of thing can completely ruin an entire game for me. From what I can see, no one really knows about it anyway, and the game's plenty fine without it. Be careful with the HoneyBee Inn too. Stay close to the original game, don't push it too far. Oh! But put the rooms that were left out too, or at least scene with the Shinra Manager that was left behind. It was fantastic. Poor guy can't get a break, haha!

Other things:
I noticed in the reveal that the Buster Sword had the original design. I'd just like to say that I really appreciate that. Continue to try and stay to the original designs, I really don't want to see Mega-Pokemon versions of the characters.

Don't re-use music from the other games. Fairly sure that was Advent music in the unveiling, though I could be wrong. Get Nobuo Uematsu back for this too. Crisis core didn't have much to it's soundtrack other than maybe three or four pieces. Dirge of Cerberus has nothing memorable at all other than Gackt. Advent Children...Even though he apparently worked on it, I dunno. It doesn't feel very Final Fantasy VII, so be careful of that.

Keep the game playable after the credits and 400 years later scene. The Gold Saucer still exists, and if you add optional things to do, we could go do those afterwards. This can also allow for DLC, which I'm going to explain below!

Okay, DLC. Hear me out. I think this would be the best way to keep everyone happy. Keep the base game like the original, and DLC can include the things relating to the other games. You can have something based around Zack and Crisis Core. I still don't understand Genesis and Weiss at the end of DoC, so this would be a good way to explain it. And hey, what about Deneh? Nanaki's puppies came from somewhere right? I'm sure they got along beforehand, and they had to have met sometime after her ritual thing. We don't even know if it was her, we just think it is, you could prove us wrong if you want! Also, since you've been throwing costumes around, Advent costumes? Clouds dress, so we can keep him in it the entire game? Barret's sailor suit?

Will it be voice acted? I feel like it might be because of the level of graphics. Please try to keep the usual voice actors! And let us put JP voices with subtitles if possible. Mostly for lip sync problems that might come up, as that really bugs me, but also because Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto are the cutest thing, like seriously.

Push the system to its limits. Make it the best it can be. And don't be afraid to put it on multiple disks either. The original game was, I don't think people would have that much of a problem if you made it with another 3 disks. Personally, I somewhat encourage it. You could make a lot more for the game by doing that, right?

Can we also have a demo thing like Final Fantasy XV has? It'd be a great way for you guys to get feedback.

Third person, camera is movable with a stick. I'm no good at explaining cameras, sorry. But I'm sure you understand what I mean?

As a FF7 collector, I'd like to add +20 to the collectors edition and limited console. I'd definitely preorder it and carry it home at 1AM. It might sound like I'm joking, but I'm not. Make it happen, please. We missed out on the PSP and PS3 over here, so please let us have this? And I'm in Canada by the way! Don't forget about us!!

So, chocobo colors. I have a really dumb idea that people probably won't agree with. How about the traits are bred instead, and you get color through food like in Final Fantasy XIV? So like...You caught a female chocobo with a water walking trait, and a male with a mountain climbing trait. Nuts would raise the chance of a trait to pass on, maybe multiple, to a certain point. So say a Lasan Nut guarantees mountain climbing, and raises any single second trait to pass 30% of the time. So the baby would always get mountain climbing, and would get water walking 30% of the time. The speed should probably be able to be bred down too. Nuts could help pass the traits, but also speed and gender? Maybe the Zeio Nut could guarantee everything, since you can't buy it? I suppose it'd need to be harder to get than it is though. Just a thought I guess.

I think that's all I have for now.
I'm trusting you Square. Final Fantasy VII was my first game, and you're working on something that a lot of people are very touchy about. Please, do your best to make it better than the original. And please take your time. Don't throw a release date until you're fully sure it'll be 100% complete. But if a delay is needed, please delay it. I want it to be considered a flawless remake, and I'm sure everyone else does too.

...But I guess that's just what I think?

Cid_Steiner
31st Jul 2015, 02:33
"Just when I thought I was out!...they pull me back in."

i am at a loss for words, a truly concise synopsis indeed.

i have fully immersed myself into your chirography, at this time it would be prudent to offer rebuttle.

the characteristics that made Square and Enix great were simple,
several mainline franchises operating in conjunction, each with a unique style of gameplay.

Secret of Mana, Final fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, the one aspect all of these titles share are independent battle systems!

considering Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts3, and Star Ocean are on the way,
i must convey the dangers of androgynous gameplay.

Final Fantasy VII must play like Final Fantasy VII.

Kingdom Hearts 3 must play like Kingdom Hearts 3.

Star Ocean must play like Star Ocean.

If the effort is made to modify FFVII so that it will have a combat system similar to Kingdom Hearts that will convolude the experience.
the simplest explanation, would be inherently poor sales as a result of not addressing a recklessly unsaturated JRPG market.
it is not that we do not enjoy new experiences, from my perspective if you fail to oblige both the turn based fan and the active fan this title will fail.

Trollingly,
The SquareEnix troll Cid Steiner

P.S. the best way to understand a story is to check the facts, if you're a new gamer please inform yourself as to the content you are allowed to post in the SquareEnix forum.

Tsuyukiko
31st Jul 2015, 05:42
"Just when I thought I was out!...they pull me back in."

i am at a loss for words, a truly concise synopsis indeed.

i have fully immersed myself into your chirography, at this time it would be prudent to offer rebuttle.

the characteristics that made Square and Enix great were simple,
several mainline franchises operating in conjunction, each with a unique style of gameplay.

Secret of Mana, Final fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, the one aspect all of these titles share are independent battle systems!

considering Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts3, and Star Ocean are on the way,
i must convey the dangers of androgynous gameplay.

Final Fantasy VII must play like Final Fantasy VII.

Kingdom Hearts 3 must play like Kingdom Hearts 3.

Star Ocean must play like Star Ocean.

If the effort is made to modify FFVII so that it will have a combat system similar to Kingdom Hearts that will convolude the experience.
the simplest explanation, would be inherently poor sales as a result of not addressing a recklessly unsaturated JRPG market.
it is not that we do not enjoy new experiences, from my perspective if you fail to oblige both the turn based fan and the active fan this title will fail.

Trollingly,

P.S. the best way to understand a story is to check the facts, if you're a new gamer please inform yourself as to the content you are allowed to post in the SquareEnix forum.

I explained my concerns in the other thread just now, I wont copy paste. But I'm still going to post here because I did read the rules? I censored myself, so I don't think it's that... Too aggressive maybe? I apologize.

Cid_Steiner
31st Jul 2015, 07:10
Apologies are not necessary my friend.

i was making comment as to the uncommon ability you posess, which i rather personally enjoy.

i fully enjoyed your post and see the legitamate concerns,
please understand the mass majority of the demographic requesting the remake to begin with are aged 30- 41.
these are the people with enough capitol to purchase this title and the system that it will hyopthetically sell.

depth will be required, replay value, continuity, familiarity, there are more vital factors in a title than being more modern.

i honestly can perceive no enjoyment in a live battle with Ruby Weapon.
that battle shoud endure for an hour or more in length, and require strategy.
there would not be enough control over the pace of combat.

think of the RAM and hard drive space that can be saved with a random encounter enviroment.
the amount of computing power a live enviroment requires,
the reserved disk space it would in fact provide gives adequate potetial, for the additional battle system.

i conceed totally to your concept for DLC, i want to play all of those scenarios. i want to see Nanaki's children grow into two bad kitties!

regarding your inquest for the camera,
walk from Midgar to Nibelheim in the original, that is the camera i find most vital.

i can not thank you enough for asking for more in depth story, really the only option to expand on the plot.

the voice acting will be pheonominal, and i agree with you.

please note that currently there are no modern turn based SquareEnix titles available on previous or next generation consoles,
the best we get is the porting of select PlayStation titles.

the remade world of Final Fantasy VII still needs to play like Final Fantasy VII, with well made representations of the original components.

Debatingly yours,

Tsuyukiko
31st Jul 2015, 10:11
Apologies are not necessary my friend.

i was making comment as to the uncommon ability you posess, which i rather personally enjoy.

i fully enjoyed your post and see the legitamate concerns,
please understand the mass majority of the demographic requesting the remake to begin with are aged 30- 41.
these are the people with enough capitol to purchase this title and the system that it will hyopthetically sell.

depth will be required, replay value, continuity, familiarity, there are more vital factors in a title than being more modern.

i honestly can perceive no enjoyment in a live battle with Ruby Weapon.
that battle shoud endure for an hour or more in length, and require strategy.
there would not be enough control over the pace of combat.

think of the RAM and hard drive space that can be saved with a random encounter enviroment.
the amount of computing power a live enviroment requires,
the reserved disk space it would in fact provide gives adequate potetial, for the additional battle system.

i conceed totally to your concept for DLC, i want to play all of those scenarios. i want to see Nanaki's children grow into two bad kitties!

regarding your inquest for the camera,
walk from Midgar to Nibelheim in the original, that is the camera i find most vital.

i can not thank you enough for asking for more in depth story, really the only option to expand on the plot.

the voice acting will be pheonominal, and i agree with you.

please note that currently there are no modern turn based SquareEnix titles available on previous or next generation consoles,
the best we get is the porting of select PlayStation titles.

the remade world of Final Fantasy VII still needs to play like Final Fantasy VII, with well made representations of the original components.

Debatingly yours,

I talk too much.

If you're really a troll like you say you are, you're a good troll and I like you.

Ability? Thank you?

I do understand the age bit, yes. But it was also already said that the remake isn't only for the old players. Even if they didn't say anything about it, I'm surprised people who wanted the remake this badly didn't already expect this to happen in the first place. Square Enix is trying to bring in other people to Final Fantasy, which you can easily see with Kingdom Hearts, Dirge of Cerberus (Unless that was really just god awful game design), and now World of Final Fantasy. I guess I just think it's better to support the game evolving, rather than demanding the exact same game over and over again. Even with replayability, you can only play the same game with a turn based system so many times before it gets boring. An active system can make something more random and difficult if it's complex enough.

I understand how you feel about WEAPON. I'm concerned too, but the push-triangle-to-do-a-thing function could help? You could react to the tentacles. Cut them? Mm... You could climb them and they could flail around and throw you on Ruby or something? Actually, that would sit well with being able to execute limits when you want. Cross Slash it in the head. There's no reason it can't have a strategy, it just depends on the complexity of the battle system and the AI of the enemy. And there's no reason it can't last forever either! Ever hear of Absolute Virtue (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Virtue)? Apparently when people beat it the way the developers didn't intend, they patched it out. If I recall, they ended up putting a timer in because people were wasting their lives on it. I love the entire concept of things like this. We need more of it. I wouldn't want the timer though, nor that many set AI patterns. While I want a stupidly difficult superboss that has a specific way to kill it, I still don't want to have a guide for these things. I still want it to be like "Here it is! Good luck!", while having most of the fight being skill based.

So you want the battle system to be exactly the same? Then in that case it's worse! Think about it. You have fantastic immersion. Totally into it. But suddenly, pwshh! The screen goes weird and you're in an area that doesn't match where you were, and there's a menu that takes up half of the screen. And it doesn't really matter how big it is, you're still taking up space for something else. That space could be a new WEAPON fight, or more story on other characters. More equipment, bosses, towns. But then it gets scrapped because there's no space. And if you do put it on two disks, then one game has the ability to get more content than the other. Unfair.

I'm glad someone agrees on DLC! People tend to get really mad about it. I think everyone would be happy if that's the way it went. People who don't want to acknowledge the story changes from the other games don't have to put up with it, and people who do like it can go and get it. I'm not sure how it works, but it's not saved on disk right? Otherwise people could just hack it in (Which happened once I think)? That means the main game can get expanded more.

Ahh... I don't understand what you mean about the camera. Hold up, I'll scribble what I mean. (Boop (http://s3.postimg.org/vna55emir/thing.gif)) Please excuse my awful single minute artwork, ahha... But you get the idea, yeah? Usual camera that's in most games. Super simple.

I believe that a lot of Final Fantasy's success is based on the fact that it has a lot of story. I really want to see more. But I'm worried about how the other games and the movie went about it. Cloud had a speech and moved on from everything to stop meteor- Oh but suddenly he'll just let himself die. Lucrecia never loved Vincent- Just kidding, now she does. Genesis...I don't understand why he needs to exist. And I don't even know where to begin with Deepground. Maybe I'm overly critical about it, but... I grew up with the game, and I hate seeing it all be destroyed like this. It's really sad.

Final Fantasy XIII was pretty much turn based from what I could tell when I played it. You couldn't attack actively, you were limited. This is likely the way it would go, which is why I'm against it. And like I said, to make it look natural the characters would probably walk around the screen. This includes walking up to enemies and taking damage you wouldn't take if you could've controlled the characters. I mean, I want to hug a behemoth too, but I know it's a bad idea. The materia system is what made Final Fantasy VII stand out system wise. That's what matters, and it can easily fit in with active combat.

...You know what else we need? A costume of Nanaki in the Shinra suit.

Cid_Steiner
1st Aug 2015, 18:38
With regards to your commments ,

No, i do not want the same game.
i have an original copy for that, this a reformat and remake.

this title will evolve from PS1 to PS4, to be honest that is a vital component of Final Fantasy.

with the remake of Final Fantasy VII, fans want an evolved ATB.
if the party stands in one position, it will not the create the enthralling experience that SquareEnix is working on.

i took the time to reexperience FFVII, IX yesterday. the turn based battle systems have one element in common.
when the character acts, the character moves forward.

i fully accept that characters move around the battle enviroment in conjunction with the modern and new Active Turn Battle.
were you wondering what a dramatic change actually entails?

in regards to random encounter,
if the planet has the ability to create multiple Weapons from the lifestream,
having common adversaries appear from the planet/lifestream is a more than accomplishable feat.

Thank you, for the artwork.
if you in addition to the elements already present in the camera, add a top down veiw.

Final Fantasy XIII did not sell well with the north american/european SquareEnix fan base.

Not to antagonize fans, this is Final Fantasy VII not the other titles.

"There is no singular element that defines a person, there is no singular element that defines FFVII."

Sincerely,
Cid Steiner

Whitefenix86
1st Aug 2015, 19:29
To the great programmers of square-enix:

First I love that this is finally going to happen, there has been a great void in RPG's since final fantasy 10 and there has been no game developer to be able to do what has been done by the final fantasy series. Having said that this project has the potential for great failure or massive success. When I heard that there was going to be a remake the first thought I had was "when can i pre-order."

A great success would try to pull the whole world together. There were many spin-offs of the series and it would be awesome if the whole story could be brought together, adding in lore from crisis core, some times the story was hard to follow as it felt there were gaps. I wish those gaps could be filled in. Cleaning out any issues with the ATB battle system would improve the game, I loved it and would like to see a game where I can control my entire party at once and that is one thing I am looking forward to in the FF7 remake. I would love to hear the music of Nobuo Uematsu come to life, I do like the orchestra versions of his music and would love to hear it in the game. I can't over state how much I miss a world map, please I beg you bring it back. While the rise of voice acting has shown great appeal to those less inclined to read the text in a game bad voice acting can break the game, and since we are in the the what can make the game good, I would love to see an option where you can switch between the Japanese dialogue or American as I find that Japanese voice actors are much more passionate about what they do than their American counter part. If you add in more stuff at the golden saucer that would be awesome since a lot of people would like more interaction with friends, such as snowboarding competitions hint hint. More hidden areas would be nice, while I like the game I would like to be surprised by new areas to find new materia types and weapons.

What can make the game horrible and ultimately cause many long time square fans to leave: the lose of the open world. Every game today is linear if we wanted linear we would play one of those games but the freedom an open world brings to a game can never be surpassed by improved graphics. Another things to avoid is the lose of full party control, I liked everything up to FF10 because I can fully control how things go down, I don't like the randomness of AI nor the rigidity of Gambits, I want to make every decision in the fight. Poor voice actors, I don't watch dubbed anime because most American voice actors suck and this can put people from buying it after initial release. Poorly composed music or new score different from the original, the original sound track can never be replaced.

And the one thing that I can't make up my mind: to save or not to save Aerith. I heard that there were initial plans to be able to bring her back to life which were scrapped I would love to be able to bring her back but another part of me knows that she must die in the long run to further drive the parties motivation to kill Sephiroth. I can't make up my mind on this matter and time would definitely be needed by square to make a decision on whether or not you could bring her back.

In the end I look forward to this game, it has the potential to resurrect this nearly lost genre of games but it also has the means to destroy everything final fantasy has done to raise it the level it was at during its golden age. And should it succeed, as I truely hope it does, I would love to see it lead to a remake of my all time favorite Final Fantasy VIII. But that is another story, for now the best thing to say is DON'T try to make EVERYBODY happy. This will only lead to a great disaster. So many people have played this game that the range of what people want ranges from a First Person hack and slash to old school ATB. Make a decision on what you want it to be, a way to make as many people happy and remember that there will always be somebody who's expectation you can not fulfill. Best of luck, I eagerly await a masterpiece to be born.

Good luck,
Whitefenix86

Tsuyukiko
1st Aug 2015, 20:16
With regards to your commments ,

No, i do not want the same game.
i have an original copy for that, this a reformat and remake.

this title will evolve from PS1 to PS4, to be honest that is a vital component of Final Fantasy.

with the remake of Final Fantasy VII, fans want an evolved ATB.
if the party stands in one posistion, it will not the create the entralling experience that SquareEnix is working on.

i took the time to reexperience FFVII, IX yesterday. the turn based battle systems have one element in common.
when the character acts, the character moves forward.

i fully accept that characters move around the battle enviroment in conjunction with the modern and new Active Turn Battle.
were you wondering what a dramatic change actually entails?

in regards to random encounter,
if the planet has the ability to create multiple Weapons from the lifestream,
having common adversaries appear from the planet/lifestream is a more than accomplishable feat.

Thank you, for the artwork.
if you in addition to the elements already present in the camera, add a top down veiw.

Final Fantasy XIII did not sell well with the north american/european SquareEnix fan base.

Not to antagonize fans, this is Final Fantasy VII not the other titles.

"There is no singular element that defines a person, there is no singular element that defines FFVII."

Sincerely,
Cid Steiner

Mm... I had a lot to say, but I was going through the original game's text just now and it ended up completely discouraging me, ahha... Oh well... It's strange though. Like, I'm finding the things from the Shinra Building on disk 3. You cant go back and redo these things, why are they filling space on the other disks? I wonder if the first one is the same too... There's a reason I'm sure, I probably just need to look into it more...

Then yes, you did experience it. That's what makes Final Fantasy, "Final Fantasy". But yes, explain your points on things. The best thing that anyone can do for the remake right now would be to try and prove that their way is how it should be. If everyone just argues about it because "it's not the same" or "not what old fans want" and ignores what Square is trying to accomplish, then everyone is going to be dissapointed.

Characters moving around is what happened in XIII. Maybe it's just me, but having to watch your characters walk up to something and get hit for absolutely no reason is infuriating. I also found the system to be similarly boring. But like I said, "what I want" isn't a legitimate response. I don't think letting that happen again would be any good for the game, but who knows. I don't know how other people feel about it. And I know that XIII didn't go well with us, but it was still similarly turn based. You have a bar that fills, and when it's ready, you can attack again. That's not an active system.

I was hoping for the camera to be able to go up and down as well, so it can be moved wherever the player wants it to be. Didn't put it because... Well, I'm lazy. It'd be better if it was zoomed out a bit more too.

It is, but the Final Fantasy series is already changing. Small devs need to start somewhere, and while Square Enix isn't small anymore, I don't think they're entirely sure as to what they should do. This is a touchy game for people. I think it'd be better for everyone if they work small and make the game good, as opposed to experimenting on it as well.

But again. "What I think".

Cid_Steiner
2nd Aug 2015, 06:29
Thank you, for your response.

at this juncture i must point out that SquareEnix, knows the consequence of alienating a majority of the fan base.

yes, you are correct there needs to be elaboration on ideas in order to acheive the desired results.

i must further elaborate on how i feel the battle system should operate.

the use of the FFXIII combat system would be folly, it is a basic descriptor of my vision at best.

with regards to encounters.
remember how adversaries disappeared in FFX?
encounter should be a reversal of the result of falling an opponent.

opponents should simply appear randomly, and then it should enter into a closed battle enviroment,
combat could take place on the overworld.

the planet should be trying to stop a Jenova infused failure. (should be less infuriating)

with regards to battle.
it would be best described as an improved view and version of the original,
with increased movement and full individual control of the party members.
i do not want the ability to preset the attacks, and only control one individual.
full control over individual party members is essential.

waiting on a guage to fill and repeatedly pressing X (cancel) until a character's turn arrives is tedious,
so is watching a character stand completely still.

i will however debate that an action title would be irrelavant ........ go play FFXV, or Type-0!

the battle system will need to be immersive, engaging, familiar, and approachable for a vast majority of the fans.

"Bonum certamen certare!"

Trollingly,
the SquareEnix troll Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
2nd Aug 2015, 08:51
i think that these articles need simultaneous viewing
http://s3.postimg.org/vna55emir/thing.gif
https://youtu.be/D_oS8zsO2nU

Additionally yours,
The Foul Mouthed Maniac

P.S. art contributed by Tsuyukiko

Cid_Steiner
2nd Aug 2015, 10:35
I was out Trolling the internet and found something with such value i had to share.......

http://img11.deviantart.net/a7d0/i/2014/166/5/b/final_fantasy_vii___kalm_by_flaviobolla-d7midm4.jpg
Are You Smiling? (https://youtu.be/jPdNFZ-p7hQ?list=RDD_oS8zsO2nU)

View in unison

Trollingly,
The SquareEnix Troll The Foul Mouthed Maniac Cid Steiner

Tsuyukiko
2nd Aug 2015, 10:45
Thank you, for your response.

at this juncture i must point out that SquareEnix, knows the consequence of alienating a majority of the fan base.

yes, you are correct there needs to be elaboration on ideas in order to acheive the desired results.

i must further elaborate on how i feel the battle system should operate.

the use of the FFXIII combat system would be folly, it is a basic descriptor of my vision at best.

with regards to encounters.
remember how adversaries disapeared in FFX?
encounter should be a reversal of the result of falling an opponent.

opponents should simply appear randomly, and then it should enter into a closed battle enviroment, combat could take place on the overworld.

the planet should be trying to stop a Jenova infused failure. (should be less infuriating)

with regards to battle.
it would be best described as an improved view of the original, with increased movement and full individual control of characters.

waiting on a guage to fill and repeatedly pressing X (cancel) until a character's turn arrives is tedious,
so is watching a character stand completely still.
i will however debate that an action title would be irrelavant ........ go play FFXV, or Type-0!

i do not want the ability to preset the attacks, and only control one individual.
full control over individual party members is essential.

the battle system will need to be immersive, engaging, familiar, and approachable for a vast majority of the fans.

"Bonum certamen certare!"

Trollingly,
the SquareEnix troll Cid Steiner

Actually, looking in other places, plenty of other people are pretty much fine with the change. It's just forum places that are filled with this baloney, which is a huge disappointment as this is the closest thing we have to Square Enix that isn't writing to them directly. I don't think that it's the majority, it's just that the people who don't put thought into things complain more, so they're louder and seen more often.

They've dissapointed us before (http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/683/683247/dirge-of-cerberus-final-fantasy-vii-20060125024006670.jpg). Hopefully those boycotters of the system change haven't bought anything the last 9 years, or else they've already broken their promise. But as most of system change complaints are in VII rather than XV, they probably already have, as I found 2008 (http://www.gameandplayer.net/images/inset/inset2_2008_04_16_ccff7.jpg) to be when the demands for a remake really exploded (https://youtu.be/IVCYy8C5Av4).

Thank you for explaining, though I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean. Do you mean that they sort of materialize, or drop in with the sparklies, rather than the screen doing the swishy thing? Then it changes to another screen to do the battle in? I mean, for turn based, it wouldn't be a bad idea. But maybe the camera could just move into a static position when enemies come out for battle, rather than making a different area? It'd probably feel a bit more smooth.

It's tedious, yes, but that's how the games are with the system they had. Also, because Final Fantasy XV's gameplay was revealed long before the announcement of the remake, I don't feel it's irrelevant at all. This is the direction the main series is going in, so that's what they're going to use if they plan to update any of the old games to fit in. Which is exactly what they're trying to do with Final Fantasy VII. The Final Fantasy XV system is no longer what we know as "Final Fantasy", but I've heard few complaints- Actually, most of the time when I hear about the game, I hear praise. If people hated the system being in Final Fantasy that much, we should be hearing more complaints about it in XV as well. And yet we don't, it's only over VII. I understand that people want it to be like it used to be, but I don't think that's what Square is trying to do. If they were, they wouldn't have said that it's not only being made for us. As far as Square is concerned, they've finally made a system that Final Fantasy fans are happy with, because that's what we told them.

I agree with you on controlling the other characters, as well as what you said earlier on about how a series needs to feel separate from the others. But I still firmly believe that an active system would turn out superior. That Kingdom Hearts thing I keep saying, XV is the same. And of course while I said copycat earlier, I don't really want a clone of XV or Kingdom Hearts. Just the basics of the active system with a menu that actually works (http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/kingdom-hearts/start2.jpg). They'd just need to make sure the menu is done similarly to what Final Fantasy had originally (https://rpgsquare.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/final-fantasy-vii-megaflare.png), but with better command organization (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091214133043/finalfantasy/images/8/8c/CommandMateria.png). The only other things I think would help out would be HP, MP and SP bars, targeting, and some extra customizable menus that are tabbed to have easier access to specific commands and items.

Active combat would be far more impressive (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411903869-ffxv-guard.gif) if done right, and if Square Enix (And fans) takes some notes from their own Naoki Yoshida (http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020797/Behind-the-Realm), like they should be, it'll likely end up that way. Though communicating with the fans would have to go with heavy planning first. Unless people can get it together and have a real discussion with them like we're having, it'd probably end up being a mess of "NEW FANS DON'T MATTER I WANT TURN BASED".

i think that these articles need simultaneous viewing
http://s3.postimg.org/vna55emir/thing.gif
https://youtu.be/D_oS8zsO2nU

Additionally yours,
The Foul Mouthed Maniac

P.S. art contributed by Tsuyukiko

Oh, what?
Whats that supposed to be?
All I see in that gif is a pile of spaghetti, 0/10, burn it.

xXSkeithXx
2nd Aug 2015, 13:10
how about this
"USING" FFXII giant map roaming system BUT uses VII real world map in 3rd which you can explore like in XII where it takes hours to get to one place (WITH AIRSHIP).
BUT they should put FFVII or FFVIII Limit Breaks (specially like Zell's Limit Break in VIII) combined with REAL TIME switching character option like in X while fighting or just roaming. PLUS taking advantage of Materia System and Skills/Technique System to give you more advantage in the game. and when you summon you can also command the GFs/Aeons/Eidolons/Espers/Summons what to do or just let them do their thing while you do your thing. also add secret bosses and secret items. in short
a mix of FFVII (Overall), FFVIII (Limits Breaks), FFX (Flexibility in switching characters and stats), FFXII and XV (World Map Roaming System with Airship)

Cid_Steiner
3rd Aug 2015, 05:35
Hello all, this is in special recognition of the upcoming one thousandth view.
i have decided to do a special recollection of the discussion here
with a little imagination and a lot of luck,
i will attempt to discern the outline of the upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII!

You are very welcome,
Me

Cid_Steiner
3rd Aug 2015, 06:59
My original intent with this post was,
to maintain an open fielded discussion on the elements that the fans agreed,
would be necessary in the remake of Final Fantasy VII.

after one thousand views i believe that we have topics worthy of sending to the production team at SquareEnix.

with the revising of this entire post,
the fans will have a clear and concise concept of what this upcoming mega title will contain.

GRAPHICS and MUSIC this is a PS4 title we will be given the best SquareEnix and Sony have to offer.

WORLD MAP/OVERWORLD if the world of Final Fantasy VII becomes any more vast,
our heads will explode from all the hopes and dreams.

WEAPONS.....six, two new for the remake.

NEW bosses, challenges, areas, continents, quests and dungeons.

CHARACTER BACKSTORY further elaboration on the key characters/npc's in the original, expect more story

COMBAT dramatic has several definitions,
i believe that the battle system will include a more dramatic presentation of the original.

RANDOM ENCOUNTER opponents materialize, in a Will-o'-the-wisp style of transubstantiation,
rather than transferring to a closed environment, combat would take place in the overworld.
the camera moves into a static and/or dynamic position when enemies materialize, it is necessary, etcetra.
the experience would probably feel a bit more smooth.

MATERIA and SUMMONS will be maintained with new additions and uses.

DLC will be available.

i have received several well written posts,
i will share information from those individuals,
to further embellish and elaborate on the most likely components being added.

i want to see all the dead wasteland fields surrounding Midgar from the mako reactor fallout's and pollution.
in the distance the town of Kalm, to the right of that a long open valley leading to the Chocobo Ranch and the marshlands.

easily accomplished with this style of camera. http://s3.postimg.org/vna55emir/thing.gif

SPOILER... it's a remake, Make a playable spirit character of Aerith (Aeris) we all miss her so.
Always felt cheated every time I farmed all her limits then didn't get to use them anymore!

reviving Aerith is most likely going to be a side quest.

I would like it to be big enough to take up four blu-ray disks - I miss disk switching.

Final Fantasy VII is a massive game, the data will not fit on two Blu-ray disks it will most likely be three.

I am confident Nomura and his team can capture the same magic with this remake.

"Delectentur cognitionibus."

Exhaustedly,

Cid_Steiner
3rd Aug 2015, 07:35
I am happy i can share this with the fans, view in unity!
SPOILER: take a walk in Costa Del Sol. have a seat feel the sun, the breeze, and take in some of the sights.
https://cdn.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/301/474/large/costa_del_sol.jpg?1415981971
Costa Del Sol (https://youtu.be/F3U5vcbdSN4)

Tsuyukiko
3rd Aug 2015, 15:23
SPOILER... it's a remake, Make a playable spirit character of Aerith (Aeris) we all miss her so.
Always felt cheated every time I farmed all her limits then didn't get to use them anymore!

Advent Children.
Also, people were concerned when they said they were touching story things. Aerith being around would be a major change for the second half of the game. Let's just stick to the ghost in the church, alright?

Cid_Steiner
4th Aug 2015, 03:41
You are incorrect, the image is not from Advent Children.
The amount of processing power an image of this quality requires is astonishingly difficult to acquire.
https://cdn.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/301/474/large/costa_del_sol.jpg?1415981971
https://youtu.be/F3U5vcbdSN4

Tsuyukiko
4th Aug 2015, 08:05
You are incorrect, the image is not from Advent Children.
The amount of processing power an image of this quality requires is astonishingly difficult to acquire.
https://youtu.be/_Gl2xMY7l5o

No, I wasn't saying anything was from Advent Children. I was saying that Advent Children exists and that the entire movie was about Cloud being overly depressed about everything that happened. Putting Aerith back would make the movie even more senseless than it already is. It's not going to happen.

Cid_Steiner
4th Aug 2015, 19:53
I concur Cloud was very emotional, perhaps for the reason Aerith chose to return to the Lifestream.

i would honestly love to see it in a new game+ or DLC type of context.

what about multiplayer? three or four player combat would be exceptional.
think of the sales it would generate,
playing games with friends and family is of the utmost of priorities when people make major purchases.
it would have the ability to compete with sports and shooting titles.

Inquisitively,

Tsuyukiko
4th Aug 2015, 23:58
I concur Cloud was very emotional, perhaps for the reason Aerith chose to return to the Lifestream.

i would honestly love to see it in a new game+ or DLC type of context.

what about multiplayer? three or four player combat would be exceptional.
think of the sales it would generate,
playing games with friends and family is of the utmost of priorities when people make major purchases.
it would have the ability to compete with sports and shooting titles.

Inquisitively,

I think anything relating to the compilation should be DLC. It'd be better off that way. If people want Aerith again that bad, then maybe we could bug Square to make something with her and Zack in the lifestream or whatever. Just leave the story in the main game like the original.

I was actually talking about multiplayer with someone yesterday! While I think it'd be cool, it's really unlikely to happen. Multiplayer in turn based would feel awkward, and the camera in active just wouldn't allow it. Split screen would probably end up looking awful, so it'd be online only if it got put in, and that wouldn't be fair because now people would need two games, two PS4s, and two TVs just to play with their little brother. Also, how would materia work? Would P2 have to use what P1 gives them, or would they be able to go through what P1 has? Being able to use their own would end up being abused with KoTR or something, so you cant really do that either. And how far would the other character be able to run until they're too far away from you? Forever? They could sit out of scenes and combat. And if you just merge with Cloud like you used to, then the other player would have nothing to do until another battle comes along. Chocobo racing could happen, but it's also complicated. For one, not everyone would have equally leveled chocobos, so they'd have to make a system to set chocobos to specific stats before each match to make it fair. The second problem would be the same as active combat. One player could end up farther behind than the other, so you'd have to put in split screen. I think it'd look better than it would in combat though, so it has a slightly higher chance of happening. But it's the same with snowboarding and G-Bike, online only or split screen. The only thing that could work for sure would be times and high scores. They can be kept both locally and online, so there'd be no problem.

I want skipping cutscenes. Like, really badly. Whether for multiple playthroughs, speedrunning, or just my fears over that one implied scene, I don't really think there's ever a downside to being able to pause and skip. Please, make it happen!

I've found some stuff around the internet. I'm hearing a rumor that CyberConnect2 might be involved. It seems legit because of G-Bike, but some people are saying they're going to be doing a lot more on the game. Sort of makes sense with what they say they have planned, but we'll just have to wait and see. Another thing that isn't a rumor is that Roberto Ferrari is credited as to have worked on the character designs a bit. I wonder what he did. I don't really have a problem with these things, but I'm curious as to what other people might think.

Cid_Steiner
7th Aug 2015, 18:16
A few questions for everyone today,

what does everyone think of the ability to skip cut scenes?

what does the involvement of Roberto Ferrari implicate to you the fans?

how did we do, are the readers content with the transcribed content?

Faithfully,
The SquareEnix Troll Cid Steiner

freedoomusic
11th Aug 2015, 18:02
It's quite known that the existing FF7 game is incomplete. Like some major parts of the game is missing. Not talking about that Crisis Core should be part of the original game. As we know all to well, is that at the point where you can get the best weapon and highest limitbreak for Aerith, she's probably dead already. It have been discussed that a significant part of the game before her death has been excluded from the final product. One may argue that the game was first intended to be alot bigger.

This proper remake that is now in the making, presents the a rare opportunity to once and for all actually finishing the game, making this new game contain all that should have been in the original game. I don't think anyone would really mind if this FF7 Remake took half a terabyte of storage and cost twice as much, as long as the game is complete masterpiece, with more background story to better introduce the additional characters such as the Turks, Vincent and Zack, up to the events of the movie Advent Childern. Perhaps a little more in depth to the history behind shinra.

At the point in time where Cloud and Tifa is trying to make sense of his past while they are floating around in the lifestream, I'd like to see alot more backstory and gameplay starting from the time when Cloud first enlisted to join the army in hope to become a "Soldier" like sephiroth.
We have seen some of this in Crisis Core, But not enough of it from Clouds perspective and in the lower ranks. We didn't get to take part of the day where he joined the army, or his early training.

I'd love to experience the first time Cloud saw Sephiroth up close. So let's create a potential scenario.

"A quiet, exhausted and slightly limping "Cloud" along with a loud bunch of 10 or so new recruits walking through a corridor in the shinra building on the way back from a rather intense first training session. While walking, Cloud tries no to get involved with the other recruits as they are joking around and picking on the only female recruit who, while having a very hard time in the training, had shown the most dedication and willpower.
Cloud notices that she's different somehow, An emptiness of sorts, but with intense and vengeful look in her eyes.
For a moment, Cloud begin to doubt his decision to join the army and if he'll be able to keep his promise to Tifa.
The sudden sound of a door opening ahead woke him up from his daydreaming. Surpised that the others had stopped talking. What remained was the sound of heavy footsteps and plate armor coming closer, Cloud raises his eyes and discover that his idol, first class Soldier "Sephiroth", is approaching.
Cloud and the other recruits are staring in awe. Sephiroth takes a quick look and the bunch and notice a limping and weak looking spikey haired blond guy. He looks at Cloud in dissapointment and continue walking away. Eventually Cloud and the others meet the cheerful Zack and things start looking a bit brighter again."

During this training session, it would be cool to see Angeal and Zack, far in the background talking to eachother, stretching, doing squats or what ever.

Cid_Steiner
14th Aug 2015, 02:40
Thank you for your reply,
i think that is a wonderful representation of how the story expansion, could and should be formatted.
perhaps Zack and Angeal quoting Loveless while performing squats and other calisthenics.

Splendidly,
Cid Steiner

freedoomusic
14th Aug 2015, 13:21
I think we should leave the loveless story to crisis core. Perhaps have that book lying around somewhere as an easter egg at most, in ff7.

Cid_Steiner
15th Aug 2015, 21:32
I would utilize it as DLC just to keep the story prudent i would suppose.
i would like to point out that in the original presentation,
Final Fantasy VII had a very different use for the presence of the theater production known as Loveless.
you can hardly call this an easter egg. its very apparent that it has more substance,
it has transcendence in the example provided here.
it still makes me elated when i know the band My Bloody Valentine got their name here.
http://orig07.deviantart.net/79a1/f/2012/152/d/5/ffvii__loveless_poster_by_kris_in_the_shell-d51w554.jpg

http://www.glitterberri.com/content/ff_series/ffvii/prerenders/MD8_2a.png

ironskillet2
16th Aug 2015, 07:43
what i would like to see

MORE COMPLEX MATERIA SYSTEM!
-basically i would like to see the materia system expanded to become extremely versatile that gives you thousands upon thousands of combinations. for instance linking bio to meteor gives you poisonous meteors. And i could go on with more examples but you get the idea, just more combinations.
-perhaps the first materia slot in both your armor/weapon causes them to take on that materia's elemental/physical effect. for example if you add lightning to the first slot in your armor, depending on the level of the materia, it will provide bonus protection to that elemental or cause you to absorb that element, while all other elements in the armor slot do not receive bonus dmg reduction from that element. And for the weapon you could have an option visual effect of the materia linked to the weapon. basically its kind of like combining FF7s materia system with FF8s magic system.

why do i want a more complex materia system? well! because what i'm about to suggest is something that some people would probably be against, but perhaps having a legendary difficulty to the game which you can't access until you have already beaten the game (which should not be easy at all). This would of course allow the developers to become extremely creative and to create bosses that are extremely difficult throughout the game, and not just at the end. And a complex materia system would be used to help defeat this difficulty, infact to not take advantage of the materia system would mean almost utter failure.

ONLINE CHOCOBO RACING!
-oh yes.... i want to breed my chocobo to not only defeat jack over and over again but to defeat people around the world!

MORE CHOCOBO TRACKS!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cid_Steiner
17th Aug 2015, 02:35
with the materia being a majority of the game experience.
any additional materia would be there to ensure the complexity you seek.

i would simply recommend including more added effect materia.

the materia system will be imbued with the greatness to be PS4 exclusive.

in regards to your request for online chocobo racing, dedicated servers are costly.
have you played FF XIV?

there will be additional chocobo racing and capture locations.

"Pulchritudinem in simplicitate"

Trollingly,

TABFF84
18th Aug 2015, 11:26
I would like the characters to stay true to the original game and none of that mopey emo, everyone wearing black crap from advent children. Cloud was an over confidant cocky guy, then still trying to keep up appearances and willing to talk about something like motion sickness after he got his own memories back. So please, no more dark world, emo stuff (Advent Children). The FF7 world had many funny moments and the characters weren't afraid to have some fun too.
Keep the Materia system and summons. Keep the classics and add some new.
On the subject of the battle system, I think it should be possible to have two systems in place and let the player chose their preference in game settings.
Keep all the mini games and quests from the original, add to them and add some new mini games in gold saucer and many more side quests from npcs.
It needs a massive open world with many places to explore and revisit.
Expand the armor system, not just bracelet and accessory and make the equipment visible.
I could say much much more, but I'll keep it short.

ps please keep everything chocobo:)

FantasyDreamKey
18th Aug 2015, 19:48
Spoilers alert! Things I like to see:

Sneaking onto the boat and seeing Red walking around in Shinra guard outfit. How can they not see that?! ...Unless they think he was drunk.

Giving a choice to break through the front door or sneak up the stairs. And watching Barret complains all the way up the stairs.

Getting into the submarine and fighting the guards there. I find it funny how they played that funny tune instead of the usual battle music. I felt bad knocking them out.

Always look both ways before crossing the road... It seemed Palmer never learn that important lesson.

Do not change the Choco/mog summon, I love that summon and it's my very first summon I summoned in Final Fantasy. I love the cuteness and it's very funny how they crash into the enemies.

New contents, new mini games (maybe use G-Bike for the bike game), more materias, unexpected plot twists, keep all characters the same as the original game, fun gameplay, new side quests, DLC costumes and keep this remake true to the original only better.

Cid_Steiner
19th Aug 2015, 01:36
I would like the characters to stay true to the original game and none of that mopey emo, everyone wearing black crap from advent children. Cloud was an over confidant cocky guy, then still trying to keep up appearances and willing to talk about something like motion sickness after he got his own memories back. So please, no more dark world, emo stuff (Advent Children). The FF7 world had many funny moments and the characters weren't afraid to have some fun too.
Keep the Materia system and summons. Keep the classics and add some new.
On the subject of the battle system, I think it should be possible to have two systems in place and let the player chose their preference in game settings.
Keep all the mini games and quests from the original, add to them and add some new mini games in gold saucer and many more side quests from npcs.
It needs a massive open world with many places to explore and revisit.
Expand the armor system, not just bracelet and accessory and make the equipment visible.
I could say much much more, but I'll keep it short.

ps please keep everything chocobo:)

i completely agree with your concepts regarding Cloud Strife, to an extent there has to be a dark protagonist
perhaps Cloud can see pieces of information similar to Aerith's abilities,
he was showered with mako and was involved in Shinra's experiments.

its a complicated story telling ritual that governs the saga of the Final Fantasy VII remake, that is the tradition at SquareEnixCo.

i conceed all ground to the necessity of a bright and vibrant world,
i might be concerned if the dialoge did not change in the event of crisis.

yes!
the materia system must stay, i look forward to Knights of the Round Table summon and perhaps Ultima Weapon summon.

i am obliged by your kind inclusion of this most prudent of facts, the choice of combat style should go to the individual.

i agree completely with in inclusion of new activities and concepts to be enjoyed.

a bright and expansive world.

new accesories for the massive and complicated turn based battles, the look of Final Fantasy XII
with full articulate control of movement and action.....
Cid: Hey Red! ! do you think i can run up that massive sand crawling weapons arm and spit in its eye?

visible armor, ironclad Barret and Shinra refractive cloak suit Vincent!

a personal request of mine,
could it be possible to have a chocobo breeding scenario similar to this example.
the abliities are evaluated and valued for gil to be used in game.
make it possible to purchase for a fee another players elite Chocobo through PSN or Mogstation.
it would give players the opportunity to raise up to twenty adult and fledgling Chocobos.
that would make it a very involving experience, the physical copy should be at least three disks.

"artestry summonitionem"

Attentively,
Cid Steiner

ironskillet2
30th Aug 2015, 07:24
This might not be something to agree with. But i think the constant use of magic makes the game too easy, I think you should only be able to use magic based on it's level. Like how you can only use ALL depending on how much its upgraded

Ashtabley
30th Aug 2015, 12:44
This might not be something to agree with. But i think the constant use of magic makes the game too easy, I think you should only be able to use magic based on it's level. Like how you can only use ALL depending on how much its upgraded

Constant use of magic is solely dependent on how much MP a character wields. So therefore how difficult the game is depends on how much "grinding" or training the player does.

Cid_Steiner
23rd Sep 2015, 01:40

that is why the materia leveling sysytem was incorporated into the original to limit the number of inital uses.
with the immaculately low number of changes occuring, i wouldnt worry too much.
i level up characters at the Chocobo Farm until im competent enough to obtain Beta around 22 - 25.

with some great detail for the remake,
after i defeat Sephiroth i obtain Supernova summon to utilize on the Weapons.
a longer presentation than Knights of The Round Table, and correct labeling of the planets surrounding Gaia please.

"good to be back"

Auspiciously,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
24th Sep 2015, 20:28
http://bandofgeeks.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Remake-Final-fantasy-VII-Cloud.jpg

Awestruck,
The SquareEnix Troll

MhkRed
27th Sep 2015, 15:00
I haven't had the privilege to play the original Final Fantasy VII. I belong to a much younger generation of gamers, though I've played Crisis core and loved it. And I have seen the Advent children, both parts. I followed the game ever since just out of my curiosity. Though I appreciate how emotionally attached the fans are with the Original FFVII, I seriously believe the story's plot has to be re arranged or changed drastically in order to get the new generation's attention. Well for once, I really hope for a solid happy ending. I mean, I'll be paying nearly $60-80 for a game I don't a tragedy, befalling an already tragic hero. For me, Zack and Aerith should live. Even as side characters, or maybe a cloud-Zack 50/50 share in the game's plot. I don't know, Square should try a radical new idea for a start!

Tsuyukiko
27th Sep 2015, 18:07
I haven't had the privilege to play the original Final Fantasy VII. I belong to a much younger generation of gamers, though I've played Crisis core and loved it. And I have seen the Advent children, both parts. I followed the game ever since just out of my curiosity. Though I appreciate how emotionally attached the fans are with the Original FFVII, I seriously believe the story's plot has to be re arranged or changed drastically in order to get the new generation's attention. Well for once, I really hope for a solid happy ending. I mean, I'll be paying nearly $60-80 for a game I don't a tragedy, befalling an already tragic hero. For me, Zack and Aerith should live. Even as side characters, or maybe a cloud-Zack 50/50 share in the game's plot. I don't know, Square should try a radical new idea for a start!

The game's storyline would have to be altered for that. Like... Almost entirely. I don't know how much of the original game you know about, but the main points of the game, including two of the biggest twists, are below. If you don't want to be spoiled, then just trust me when I say that it's a terrible idea.

If Aerith lives, a lot would change. They went back to the City of the Ancients later on, so there's some content lost. The ghost in the church would be gone, and the game's ending would have to be changed as well. There's also Advent Children. While it doesn't look like the compilation is going to be acknowledged, it would still mess up the entire point of the movie. Really though, it's one of the most iconic scenes in gaming history, why would you remove it?

Zack's death altered Cloud entirely. He had mako poisoning when Zack died, and when Tifa found him afterwards, he was extremely messed up. To keep watch over him, she got him into AVALANCHE. Somewhere along the lines, his memories had put him into Zack's place and Cloud ended up forgetting about him entirely. Cloud believed his false memories so strongly that he actually lost his motion sickness until he finally remembered who he was again. According to Crisis Core, that cocky personality that he had for the majority of the original game was an effect of that as well. There's also the whole thing between Cloud, Aerith and Tifa. If Zack was around, I doubt that most of those things would even come up. Actually, that was one of the main reasons for his existence. While Zack is much less appreciated, his death is just as important to the story as Aerith's, if not more.

Murder, suicide, dead parents, wars, slums, human trafficking, greedy corporations, terrorism, human experimentation, animal experimentation, unrequited love, towns destroyed, betrayal, the end of the world... Final Fantasy VII was never a game to go to for a happy time.

The remake is being updated to sit well with the current times, but I don't think that would include the story. The story was the main point of the game, so if they changed it to such an extent, it wouldn't be much of a remake anymore. It's fine as it is though, trust me. Please look forward to it!

MhkRed
29th Sep 2015, 21:11
I'm aware of the original plot. But I believe it was emotionally engaging in 1997, because somehow it was crisp. Though with 2 decades gone by, the new generation's preferences are a lot different than the one in 1997. A lot has changed in the gaming community over a period pf 20 years. Along with the improvement in Game design and Game mechanics, more and more people are actually preferring playing games over watching movies. Which means they want 'entertainment' in it. Also, the ratio of gamers has changed from 15% to 45%, According to theGuardian 52% are women. With that in mind, I believe the Final Fantasy series are also followed by Anime consumers as well. Previously, in 1997 SQUARE's major market was North America, Europe and Japan. Today it extends to South East Asia, Middle East and South Asia/India. To be a success, any game has to strike a balance between the different consumer preferences as well as the cultures around the world. Final Fantasy is no exception to that success recipe. Now we all know what happened in the game, the past, present and the compilations. I understand the feeling of the game that was felt when the story was unraveling, but we have to admit it's already out. It doesn't push much to get to buy that. If Square Enix is looking for a big response, huge sales for this game, it has to have something new, that builds up anticipation on part of the gamers. If they really want to compete with the likes of Assassin's Creed, GTA, they will have to capitalize on more than just nostalgia.

I personally like the whole plot revolving aroung evil megacorporation taking over Planet's source of energy, a forgotten ancient race, all combined with urban decay. The characters too with all their personalities. For me the FFVII-ness is the Shinra, the characters, the Gaia, the forgotten race, Midgar. But what I want is SQUARE to take all of this, mix it in , and come up with something new. A new plot. Something so radical that it jolts the gaming community but the consumers will love it.

Tsuyukiko
30th Sep 2015, 19:04
I'm aware of the original plot. But I believe it was emotionally engaging in 1997, because somehow it was crisp. Though with 2 decades gone by, the new generation's preferences are a lot different than the one in 1997. A lot has changed in the gaming community over a period pf 20 years. Along with the improvement in Game design and Game mechanics, more and more people are actually preferring playing games over watching movies. Which means they want 'entertainment' in it. Also, the ratio of gamers has changed from 15% to 45%, According to theGuardian 52% are women. With that in mind, I believe the Final Fantasy series are also followed by Anime consumers as well. Previously, in 1997 SQUARE's major market was North America, Europe and Japan. Today it extends to South East Asia, Middle East and South Asia/India. To be a success, any game has to strike a balance between the different consumer preferences as well as the cultures around the world. Final Fantasy is no exception to that success recipe. Now we all know what happened in the game, the past, present and the compilations. I understand the feeling of the game that was felt when the story was unraveling, but we have to admit it's already out. It doesn't push much to get to buy that. If Square Enix is looking for a big response, huge sales for this game, it has to have something new, that builds up anticipation on part of the gamers. If they really want to compete with the likes of Assassin's Creed, GTA, they will have to capitalize on more than just nostalgia.

I personally like the whole plot revolving aroung evil megacorporation taking over Planet's source of energy, a forgotten ancient race, all combined with urban decay. The characters too with all their personalities. For me the FFVII-ness is the Shinra, the characters, the Gaia, the forgotten race, Midgar. But what I want is SQUARE to take all of this, mix it in , and come up with something new. A new plot. Something so radical that it jolts the gaming community but the consumers will love it.

Those numbers include mobile and social games, women are still a minority, especially on console. Those kinds of numbers don't really matter anyway, the target of a game is never the gaming audience as a whole. It's impossible to please everyone and you shouldn't even attempt to, the game's more likely to end up badly that way. I think Dirge of Cerberus is a good example here. Shooters aren't something that someone usually thinks of when it comes to deep storyline and character development, so a mediocre shooter with a bizarre storyline that feels heavily disconnected from VII pushes away fans of shooters, fans of RPGs, and fans of VII all at the same time. The idea of trying out an RPG shooter in the series is fine, but because the two genres are so different from each other, the game likely would've been better if it had been made to be something of it's own.

Anime audience, yes. Highly likely. But that's not something that they should focus on either. I mean, they can add a few things here and there if they want to, sure! However, there's still a limit. You've played Crisis Core, so I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say that the whole thing was like a terrible parody. Nearly every cutscene was a cringe-inducing mess of over reactions and voice acting that felt off. Anime's great, but the over-exaggerations that they tend to have shouldn't be pushed into a realistic 3D game like that. Things need to feel natural enough, or else the players are going to get pulled out of the game.

I agree, it's going to need a lot more than just nostalgia, but I still think that the original story should remain intact. The game was originally a bit rushed out, and some things were cut because of it. Square now has the chance to go back and fix it and add in what they wanted to add, while expanding things and making those emotional experiences even more emotional. I want people to know how the original game truly was, rather than having people spewing this "Cloud is depressing" nonsense that came out of Advent Children. They have the chance to make the original game into something spectacular, and that's exactly what they should be doing. VII's story is widely known and beloved, and while it makes sense on paper to make it new and surprising, changing it would actually end up badly for everyone. The old fans would end up unhappy, the non-fans that were expecting to experience VII would be unhappy, and then everyone would be distrustful of Square's remakes from then on. Lots of sales would be lost from that decision.

Maybe it's just me who thinks so, but a happy ending is even more exhausted than what the original game had. Heroes don't often die, but even when they do, they'll usually get something flashy. Maybe they'll take down an enemy with them, or they're protecting someone or they're sacrificing themselves or something. But VII didn't really have that. Aerith's death was very sudden, very cold and very real, and that's something that doesn't seem to happen in games all that often. Even in Crisis Core, Zack's death ended up getting pushed into the fantasy zone way too much. It's great and all, but the whole "living legacy" thing ended up making the extent of Cloud's mental messed up-ness a lot lighter than it was originally. And then with Angeal and the whole angel stuff..? Come on...

Focusing on Shinra would limit you to Midgar for most of the game since that's where HQ and the main reactors are. Maybe you'll move out eventually for the other reactors, but it'd end up getting repetitive. The idea of focusing on Shinra was already thought up way back then anyway. The original game was supposed to be a mystery type, going after the group that's been blowing up the reactors. But they added to it, and then it changed into what it is today. Going back and removing the threat of Sephiroth would mess a lot of things up. He's not there just for the sake of being there. The Nibelheim incident, Aerith's death, the scene with Zolom... These things pushed you to hate Sephiroth and to go after him, maybe to seek revenge, but it also showed you how strong and cruel he really is. It's fantastic writing, and he pulls the player through the story.

As I've already said, the remake is changing the old game into something that the new generation can play and enjoy, but it still needs to resemble the original. We already might be getting a battle system change. By changing Cloud's history, the major points of the story, the villain, the ending, and everything else too, it wouldn't be a remake anymore. It'd be a new game with an official Final Fantasy VII skin and a materia system. It's a bad idea.

Kalkano
30th Sep 2015, 20:03
^ When you talk about the story, I tend to agree with you. When you talk about the gameplay, I want to bash my head repeatedly against the wall.

Tsuyukiko
30th Sep 2015, 20:06
^ When you talk about the story, I tend to agree with you. When you talk about the gameplay, I want to bash my head repeatedly against the wall.

And I feel the same about you, which is why I've ended the conversation.

MhkRed
1st Oct 2015, 19:05
While I understand why the Veteran fans will be unhappy with the change in story-line, and it makes perfect sense for them to be. But the Non-fans and probable new fans are accustomed to different viewpoint of the world than the kids who grew up in the 90s. It normally takes 5-8 years to develop a game, and judging by the enormous size of FFVII, it's going to take a lot of time. Imagine by then another generation of gamers will be ready for it with whole new mind set. Additionally 35% of girl gamers are, at the end of the day a major market.

Okay now delving more deeper, Let's start with the AVALANCHE, the eco-terrorist group. In Today's times the whole meaning of terrorist has changed. Going with AVALANCHE, that blasts the Mako reactors in densely populated places and labelling them as heroes/freedom fighters/rebels would be wrong.

Next, now alot of veterans will disagree with me. Who is the actual protagnist of the FFVII. (This is not feminist; relax!) It's not Cloud, It's actually Aerith. Cloud is seeking vengeance from Shinra because of what they did to him, his loved ones. He's avenging Aerith against Sephiroth too. But really? Sephiroth is cruel but at the end of the day he's a product of Shinra too. Shinra's greed, or shall I say humanity's greed was the real evil. Additionally, everything revolves around Aerith, Shinra, Cloud, Sephiroth they're all after her. FFVII does revolve around Aerith, the orphaned girl who watched her mother get killed by Shinra and that too because she belonged to the Cetra race that the company so desired to capture. I don't think a protaganist like her should've died. Now i'm targeting the iconic scene here. Sorry to disrupt any of your feelings towards it. But I believe Aerith should've deserved to get a life.

And about Red XIII, his introduction, Cid's verbally abusive behaviour with Shera. Although he realises his mistakes eventually, but I think that's going to get a lot of backlash for even hinting something on it. Vincent Valentine's sleeping in a coffin like a loveless vampire. We question these things. What sense they make in this time? The series name is Final Fantasy, infusing it with reality would just ruin its basic purpose.

I realize that veterans want us all to know what the original game was, But I'm holding to my opinion of SQUARE ENIX changing FFVII's plot. I really believe that the corporation that represents the greed should be defeated, it's products that are the famous villains. But in the end it should come out as a good ending, a hopeful ending. And Square has this chance after all these years, so why not just bring every character alive and up in this remake, and conclude their stories properly, rather happily.

Tsuyukiko
2nd Oct 2015, 14:55
While I understand why the Veteran fans will be unhappy with the change in story-line, and it makes perfect sense for them to be. But the Non-fans and probable new fans are accustomed to different viewpoint of the world than the kids who grew up in the 90s. It normally takes 5-8 years to develop a game, and judging by the enormous size of FFVII, it's going to take a lot of time. Imagine by then another generation of gamers will be ready for it with whole new mind set. Additionally 35% of girl gamers are, at the end of the day a major market.

Okay now delving more deeper, Let's start with the AVALANCHE, the eco-terrorist group. In Today's times the whole meaning of terrorist has changed. Going with AVALANCHE, that blasts the Mako reactors in densely populated places and labelling them as heroes/freedom fighters/rebels would be wrong.

Next, now alot of veterans will disagree with me. Who is the actual protagnist of the FFVII. (This is not feminist; relax!) It's not Cloud, It's actually Aerith. Cloud is seeking vengeance from Shinra because of what they did to him, his loved ones. He's avenging Aerith against Sephiroth too. But really? Sephiroth is cruel but at the end of the day he's a product of Shinra too. Shinra's greed, or shall I say humanity's greed was the real evil. Additionally, everything revolves around Aerith, Shinra, Cloud, Sephiroth they're all after her. FFVII does revolve around Aerith, the orphaned girl who watched her mother get killed by Shinra and that too because she belonged to the Cetra race that the company so desired to capture. I don't think a protaganist like her should've died. Now i'm targeting the iconic scene here. Sorry to disrupt any of your feelings towards it. But I believe Aerith should've deserved to get a life.

And about Red XIII, his introduction, Cid's verbally abusive behaviour with Shera. Although he realises his mistakes eventually, but I think that's going to get a lot of backlash for even hinting something on it. Vincent Valentine's sleeping in a coffin like a loveless vampire. We question these things. What sense they make in this time? The series name is Final Fantasy, infusing it with reality would just ruin its basic purpose.

I realize that veterans want us all to know what the original game was, But I'm holding to my opinion of SQUARE ENIX changing FFVII's plot. I really believe that the corporation that represents the greed should be defeated, it's products that are the famous villains. But in the end it should come out as a good ending, a hopeful ending. And Square has this chance after all these years, so why not just bring every character alive and up in this remake, and conclude their stories properly, rather happily.

Realism was always intended.

"In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently'. These are the feelings I wanted to arouse in the players with Aerith's death relatively early in the game. Feelings of reality and not Hollywood."

Making something entirely fantastical is never a good idea. People are flawed and characters need to be as well. If they're not, you have an unrelatable character. Unrelatable characters have their place, but their place is more in the world of comedy. In a storyline that's meant to be taken seriously, these kinds of failures need to happen. If everything is good and there's no wrong, then what is there to remember about the game? What's so good about Cloud if he was never broken? That the average teenage male might want to be like him? That's the problem with games today, not the advantage. That's why the female audience is so often pushed away, we're stuck playing in a 12 year old boy's fantasy instead of being given a game that has a legitimate storyline with effective characters.

People are going to yell about Shera and Cid's relationship. People are going to yell about Cloud in a dress. People are going to yell about Barret. This is the world that we live in now. But honestly? Let them yell. A game should never be changed just to make other people feel better. Unless the player is getting into an immoral character and is making immoral decisions without getting snapped back into reality, or the game is actively promoting immoral things as something good, it shouldn't matter. There's nothing wrong with games having touchy subjects if they're being used responsibly.

You're right when you say that the story is based around Aerith and Shinra, but I still don't see any reason to change it. A good end isn't a "proper" end. Nor is a bad end. The only proper ending is an ending that makes the game feel complete and leaves you with strong emotions about the story throughout the credits, regardless of what those emotions may be.

But hey, if you're that set on it, then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Thanks for putting up with me though. :thumb:

Cid_Steiner
2nd Oct 2015, 22:48
this is the size of the original game format roughly two point one gigabytes.
to complete the task becoming the first multidisk PS4 game,
it will take a twenty eight thousand percent increase in terms of structure and content to fill the first disk.
bring on the new content!
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Assets/Picture/dvd2-15224.gif

time for the Remake Report Card,

my troll like features allow me to hide in plain sight quite well.
the total of my observation to this stage sums up thusly,
the The Final Fantasy VII Remake will mostly consist of elements comprised of the Final Fantasy XIV engine,
with presentation drawn from the battle system from Final Fantasy Type-O.

testing of the combat presentation and style have shown favorable results,
when multiplayer has been added with action based combat.
while turn based has shown favorable with the single player experience.
choice to the player is what has been advised as being the most favorable course.
the opportunity to fully offer the compendium of Final Fantasy VII Final Edition is good business.
http://blog-imgs-37-origin.fc2.com/r/e/m/remoon/ff13-2dlc_120327.jpg

Trollingly,
The SquareEnix Troll

MhkRed
3rd Oct 2015, 23:12
Why Certainly Sir, I appreciate your critical response. I see how Kitase feels about realism. But there is enough chaos, deaths and sadness we're seeing in current times than ever before. So that is why I believe games, entertainment should be an outlet for seeking relaxation even if for just a while. It's not a dark prologue or a dark plot that I have a problem with. It's where the plot should lead to that is my concern. Capturing a brooding teenager's imagination is essential, but providing that teenager with optimistic, hopeful role models is even more so. One can relate with broken, guilty figures but seeing those figures overcoming their darkness and finding happiness and all the while being supported by loved ones(who are present with them in person)is more motivating. The "If they can do it, I can do it too" attitude. Yeah. This is where the fantasy has to kick in. And this is precisely why Final Fantasy has developed a following among 'dreamers, imagination-driven people'. I believe so the base plot for FFVII rings a bell with the emotions of the audience and their view of the current world, but only that NOW we want to get out of this depressing atmosphere of reality and I, frankly, want the FFVII characters to be out of their depressing reality as well.

In the end we shall agree to disagree. So, while conversing with fellow members here, we're here to have a conversation with SQUARE ENIX as well and that too on our own terms. Let's see where this one sided conversation leads to.

Cid_Steiner
5th Oct 2015, 22:30
i have stated earlier that video games are pedagogy,
that it teaches inherent traits, mindsets, and abilities.
turn based games teach you to think, before you take action.
it is not my position to be a social justice crusader with the content of the Final Fantasy VII Remake,
the original touches on a great many life lessons in our society,

Muki and his pals at the Honey Bee Inn almost certainly exist today.

Avalanche will always do what it takes for their friends and compatriots.

Rufus just might be as greedy as the CEO of any energy and technology company.

the folks at Fort Condor will certainly resist Shinra for the sake of the wild life.

it is imperative that it shows a bright and vibrant world in comparison with the dark industrial Midgar.
that is an apparent article of the story,

SquareEnix is looking at what is here, the company has been very dutiful concerning its governance.
i am glad that you can see the original intent, with the journal of rants that this has become.

http://worldoneone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/FFVIIlogo-720x400.png
Concurrently,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
11th Oct 2015, 19:19
i would like to say from personal experience than the producer gets what he or she wants before the director.
it is a chain of command and respect for elders which will shape this amazing title.

Aug 25, 2015 - Famitsu this week features an interview with Yoshinori Kitase, who is producing the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake for PlayStation 4.

"We’re starting to see the visual direction,” Kitase said of the remake. “On the other hand, we’re currently working out the battle system and such through trial-and-error.”

improving on a classic takes patience and teamwork, to decide how best to appoach all facets of the overall experience is a proccess.

“Since there’s a possibility that the command battle system of the old days might not work today, we’re thinking hard about what kind of direction we can take it.

this is a statement, reference is to the turn based battle sytem and how to improve it.

“Normally, when you do a remake, it becomes somewhere along the lines of a familiar action RPG, so we’re looking at how we can put out something like Final Fantasy VII while still surprising players.

Mr Kitase is producing as to guide Mr Nomura from turning Final Fantasy VII into Kingdom Hearts.

“Please don’t ask about how far into development we are and such. (Laughs.)”

more than two years and six months.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fantasy-vii-remake-battle-system-trial-error-phase#u8QJX0VWgCjFgQdX.99

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081018184113/finalfantasy/images/e/e2/Master_Tonberry_(FFX).jpg
Trollingly,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
11th Oct 2015, 20:19
a bit of a damp cruise for Bikke and myself.
it seems the boat had a small leak.
our first mate is Cid Highwind.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/33/a3/ac/33a3acd97ed2b5c54063c6864af7c4ec.jpg
in a port of call, we managed to meet Vincent Valentine.
https://41.media.tumblr.com/0ae2eb944d6513f7b156a19f3a60f56c/tumblr_nqfj9g9JL11rang84o1_500.jpg
and Cloud Strife as always his confident self i must say.
http://www.vgstations.com/media/k2/items/cache/c0150f00c2f926c45bf05ed02276a896_L.jpg.pagespeed.ce.TecRaO86u8.jpg

"a piratis animam suam propter me" .

Swashbuckingly,
The SquareEnix Troll

DocNosh
27th Oct 2015, 15:16
I'd really like that Square makes changes to the original story-line, and comprise ALL character line up from the entire compilation. I mean Sephiroth's mom is alive and he's getting all emotional over Jenova. It doesn't make much sense after DoC now. Also, we can all 'google' the plot and it'll be kind of boring to actually know the story before it's even rolling out on the screen. That's quite a bummer.

Story wise Square should start with a chronological order, instead of the overly used past,present flashback style. For the start, tell about Cetra, who were they? Where were they? How they went extinct? When did Shinra get into picture? How did it get into power? Aerith's parents, their backstories, their capture and eventual death. Aerith being taken in by a Foster mother. That's the opening i'm looking for.
Okay for once I think they should make Zack and Aerith to live and actually be the part of AVALANCHE. Having two protagonists will be better than one. That'll be new and cooler.

Fast forwarding it to the Future. They should tell how Zack and Cloud leave their boring country lives for the city life, for the prestige of being SOLDIER. How they find the city, the Shinra, their privileges to the top-notch. Here, they could how how Zack met Aerith. Maybe he got side tracked on a mission, perhaps some danger in the slums. Further tell how Zack and Cloud find SOLDIER in actual, how they don't want to be a part of it anymore. How they were mislead. So they decide to go against Shinra altogether. And Obviously the threat of Sepiroth lurking. Our times have a lot of media involvement. Shinra can have their own news channel, but so should AVALANCHE (with Zack) tackle Shinra in a different way. That's where the role of Cetra should come in. Not the old 'bombing the Reactor' way, that endangers the lives of many civilians. I won't approve of such a group in these times as saving someone. Give Aerith some credit by giving her some more years in her life please Square. Why would you want to kill the last Cetra?

Square should add a backstory to each character now, Vincent, Yuffie,Cid, Barret, Sephiroth and make them playable in their own backstories. That'll be cool. Add a multiplayer, and the player can choose the leader of the pack, and play with their beloved character. Add romantic sub-plots too. That'll be engaging specially with two couples involved.

DocNosh
27th Oct 2015, 15:24
I know the feel there man. Give some Credit to Zack and Aerith and the other compilation characters; Lucrecia maybe? For being the ACTUAL mother of Sepiroth. Somehow she should be more involved too, a crystalized self-exile doesn't quite impress.

DocNosh
27th Oct 2015, 15:51
I know the feel there man. Give some Credit to Zack and Aerith and the other compilation characters; Lucrecia maybe? For being the ACTUAL mother of Sepiroth. Somehow she should be more involved too, a crystalized self-exile doesn't quite impress.

Cid_Steiner
31st Oct 2015, 18:07
i like this, a grand debate of taste.
i must say im sure SquareEnix is enjoying renewed support.
all i must ask of the company is that teaches appropriate social gestures and behavior.
we all need a helping hand as brooding child so a title must come complete with it inherent values lessons and morals.
that is what i want to see in this perfect title.

Excitedly,
Cid Steiner

"Semper autem gaudentes auxilio esse."

xergio
14th Dec 2015, 18:16
Sorry for english...

J'aime beaucoup Square-Enix mais décidément Square-Enix n'apprendra jamais....
La 3D serait trop compliqué a mettre en oeuvre pour permettre la réalisation du jeu avec le même contenue? les épisodes seraient obligatoire et l'impossibilité de se déplacer librement serait supprimé? Il aurait juste fallu retravailler et remodeler la 2D ou 3D isométrique avec des textures en très haute résolution (texture 4K non compressé = environnement presque photoréaliste), et laisser mais créer les combats en tour par tour en 3D plus dynamique qui explosent la rétine.. donc désolé mais 3 ou 4 bluray auraient largement suffit.

Le Remake risque d'être très très mal reçu et donc pas marcher... la réaction extraordinaire sur internet suite * l'annonce du remake n'est pas un hasard! et Square-Enix ne se pose justement pas les bonnes questions. Les joueurs sont les acheteurs...

Donc le gameplay n'aura plus aucune stratégie... et en plus le jeu restera moins accessible pour certains qui n'ont jamais été jeux action. Je me vois mal combattre une "ARME" (= super Boss) juste en cliquant comme un malade sur les boutons... pas cohérent. C* devient décevant, pourquoi tous le monde est monté au paradis suite * l'annonce de ce remake? = car nous avions tous gardé * l'esprit le gameplay et l'adrénaline! (indépendamment de la qualité graphique ou scénaristique). En effet, * chaque fois fallait prévoir des coup * l'avance! Et parfois on transpirait * savoir ce que l'ennemie allait nous balancer.

Avec ce ramake orienté "action" il n'y a plus aucun effet de surprise dans les combats... = plus du tout d'adrénaline ou pas de peur = donc plus aucune sensation de vivre l'action... Messieurs les développeurs/Editeurs vous devriez écouter les joueurs et les fans... . Ce n'est pas comme ç* que FF7 trouvera de nouveaux clients. Le tour par tour en 2016-17 peut être excellent, * condition de le moderniser pour le rendre plus dynamique ou nerveux, surtout en plus avec de superbe graphisme. Les joueurs veulent un RPG pas un jeu d'action...

Nos critiques et nos réactions montrent que nous aimons énormément FF7 et que justement ce n'est pas un hasard, cela est du en grande partie * son gameplay, nous voulons tous que ce remake soit une vrai réussite.

FantasyDreamKey
26th Jan 2016, 20:15
Gamers think that Final Fantasy 7 remake will be on the new Nintendo console because Cloud is in Super Smash Bros, and Sony did say that it will be coming first on the PS4 which means that it may come out on other consoles after about one year.

What I want to say is that if they do release it for the new Nintendo console, I want the style of the graphics to be similar to the original Final Fantasy 7 only with improve graphics. Actually, a better example of what I want for the graphics is the in game cutscenes in Dissidia or Final Fantasy Explorers on the 3DS. I want that cuteness and that kinda anime style graphic. The reason why I say this is because it will go well with the Nintendo console than the realistic look shown in the PS4 trailers. Another reason is because Final Fantasy 1 - 6 on the Nintendo have that kind of bright graphics and to me, Nintendo has always been the cute (and sometimes serious) game console. It will play the same as Final Fantasy 7 remake and have all the extra contents that they going to put in, only they change the graphics to suit the Nintendo console.

I would love to see that for the Nintendo console, it would be like the Final Fantasy 7 remake exclusive to Nintendo. But that would be a lot of work for them to do and would take a lot of time because they would have to redo all the graphics and put all the codes back in with the new graphics (I have no idea how programming works).

Ashtabley
27th Jan 2016, 13:22
The Nintendo NX will have to greatly mimic the high powered hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One to produce a reasonable FFVII remake release. I don't think Kitase or Nomura would want to water down and cartoonize their graphics just to please the Nintendo audience. It counters almost every reason why they are remaking FFVII in the first place.

But, Nintendo should be eligible for FFVII spin-off titles that focus on certain supporting characters backstories or of the many side-quests within the main game. Like "Mog House" Gold Saucer mini-game would be perfect on the 3DS

FantasyDreamKey
27th Jan 2016, 20:06
It counters almost every reason why they are remaking FFVII in the first place.

Good point there Ashtabley. If I want the cute style then I could always play the original game that I love on my PS3 (yes, I still have my Playstation copy of Final Fantasy 7. And yes, my PS3 can play PS1 and PS2 games. I never knew it could, what a surprise). I still want to have smoother and improve graphics but I should not be too picky about that.

But, Nintendo should be eligible for FFVII spin-off titles that focus on certain supporting characters backstories or of the many side-quests within the main game. Like "Mog House" Gold Saucer mini-game would be perfect on the 3DS

That's a great idea! That would be so much fun!

The Nintendo NX will have to greatly mimic the high powered hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One to produce a reasonable FFVII remake release. I don't think Kitase or Nomura would want to water down and cartoonize their graphics just to please the Nintendo audience.

I think Nintendo NX will have the powerful hardware to play Final Fantasy 7 remake. I heard that it is powerful (don't know where I heard that). And I wouldn't say water down, I would say...using completely different graphics.
I agree that Kitase and Nomura would not do this as this will take a lot of work and time to make, and they already putting all their efforts into making the Final Fantasy 7 remake as it is so I don't want to put more pressure on them. If (and that's a big 'IF') they do make it for Nintendo with different graphics (the one I mentioned in my post) then I'll give them a big praise for all their hard work.

I will still be happy to get the remake on any console, and I will be looking forward to it.

Cid_Steiner
23rd Feb 2016, 23:36
Greeting and salutaions, my friend.
i cannot abide a public whipping of the SquareEnix team's direction
they have suggested it being a bit more on the strategic spectrum in terms of battle length.
We are all fans of SquareEnix that is why we post,
i am also apologising to you Xergio for taking such an infathomable length of time for getting you an appropriate response.
believe that we will all be pleasantly pleased when we see the results,
episode one of the Final Fantasy VII will provide us with early access,
besides the world map looks like this so dont worry,

"Honey Bee Inn happy is the way to be."
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/a/a0/Highwind_5.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080517094824
"Ut verba faceret iocum."
Returningly yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
24th Feb 2016, 00:22
It is good to be back Bikke, Myself, and Cloud were attacked by Leviathan,
and magically transported to a land filled monsters,
We met with good King Doric whom told me that it indeed was not madness,
but Arba that we Spartan adventurers stood on.
it was a good thing Cloud had travelled with us,
there was indeed a horde of monsters.

along the journey,
a pirate being a pirate, and a king being a king.
the subject of treasure will most assuredly be spoken of.
as the conversation grew, i realized that i had a map.
a very special map that would show the way back to our world.
i immediately showed the map to Cloud,
though he was busy showing off to the girls who reminded him of Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie.
he agreed that it was too good a chance to pass up, though far more strategy would be required.
as we approached the cavern to which the map had told us to travel, strange things began to happen,
we could plainly see energy in the form of Mako rise from the Lifestream, condense, and become Materia.
as it was explained to me these strange orbs contained the power of the Cetra and that they would aid our party in battle.
as we approached the center of the labyrinth we discovered the source of a beautiful Mako fountain,
and none other than Hero and Sephiroth.

"Gratias enim thesaurus est."

Trollingly,
The SquareEnix Troll

Murks13
24th Feb 2016, 15:44
I hope they keep the game as close as the original as possible. Story, fighting and materia system. I want my worldmap back! <.<
Maybe we can desgin our own clothes at the Wall Market for the cross dressing. Or unlocking new clothes for every character throughout the game. Like in FF13-3. Just for visual purpose!
What about releasing FF-Crisis Core HD remaster before FF7 remake? Or after FF7 remake!?!
Include Yuffie and Vincent in the main story. Dont make them optional characters anymore!

Cid_Steiner
27th Feb 2016, 22:47
Hello Murks13,
yes, i am looking forward to the world map/overworld that Tetsuya sama is preparing for us.
if you are familiar with the Wall Market chapter in the original Playstation version,
the players performance in the mini games in sector 5, determine the overall design that is presented to Don Corneo.
SquareEnix has reassured the fans of the original, and Final Fantasy VII: The Last Of The Cetra.
that strategy and critical thinking will be major components of the battle system,
that it indeed is the more turnbased of the new upcoming battle systems.
Yuffie Kisaragi, and Vincent Valentine are no longer optional,
one of the reasons for the title to be episodic, is the quantity of content that is being generated.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/53/60/fe/5360feba3b71392d57e45a0f113e557b.jpg

"Accipiens vices optimum est."

Coincidingly yours,
Cid Steiner

FinalFantasy7masher
1st Mar 2016, 20:14
To be perfectly honest, Final Fantasy 7 was my first game and I've been hooked ever since. I've played 8, 9, and 10 and I loved them yet 12 didn't satisfy, nor did 13. I play Final Fantasy for the strategy and ATB/Turn-based system, yet those games didn't seem to reflect this. I want FF7 Remake to redeem the franchise(In my opinion it is losing it's touch) and Just remake FF7, as the name suggests. They could also put in the locked chest in Kalm side quest, and the monster in the Corel prison well (I haven't had that confirmed yet, but a lot of people have said it). I can picture the sector 6 church being colorful, and an orchestrated version of Aeris' theme in the background. That is what I want from the FF7 Remake (plus tons of easter eggs, I just love finding easter eggs) because that's what they have done for every remake before, so I'm hoping that don't ruin the one remake I've been waiting for since 2005

FinalFantasy7masher
1st Mar 2016, 20:16
Also, I almost forgot about the materia, keep the names as Bolt1, Bolt2, and Bolt3 etc. I was loved that idea.

FinalFantasy7masher
1st Mar 2016, 20:20
And(Sorry), If I wanted real time, I would play Kingdom Hearts.

Cid_Steiner
5th Mar 2016, 01:08
hello how are you? im glad to have your insight as well.
this post is similar to the first time you saw a Chocobo!

im glad to be a part of this forum in so many ways,
yes i agree a strategic combat system for the Final Fantasy Remake is essential.
i am very grateful that the SquareEnix Team has properly interpreted the original
the amount of content may actually be staggering,
and i can defend it being much like the original having multiple episodes, and disks.
i am reminiscing with great emotion over the fate of those in the sector 7 slums,
and hoping with joy that i exerience those same emotions,
presented with new stength through those attachments that we all form,
when we are truly enveloped in a story only given definition as a masterpiece.
as i narrate here today Holding My Thoughts In My Heart i am reminded of Those Who Fight against the Shinra,
even Reeve though he fears what Rufus could do to this day,had his reasons to join Avalanche in the fight to save the world.
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/FF7-Details-Int_12-07-15.jpg
this is new watch the Trailer and you will see.

"Si aedificabis venturi"

Anticipatingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
5th Mar 2016, 01:54
Ahh the symphony of battle there was a mighty roar,
as Bahamut was summoned and crashed his wrath upon Sephiroth and his cohorts.
the battle was long and fierce a spectacular sight to behold, as we were forced to think for ourselves,
strategy had saved the day for our party, Hero used Wing of the Wyvern to save his scale plate covered hide.
Sephiroth had Cloud at a disadvantage thats when Bikke and myself had to draw upon our opponent.
there was many a riposte and touche as we fought for what Cloud had stood bravely for, victory and a way back to our world.
with Sephiroth's arrogance he could not help but to taunt us holding himself in esteem over all that Gaia is.
so i clubbed him over his head, it was a Massive blow.
he returned to the Lifestream with the promise, he would be seen again and that we had done little to stop his plans.
we seached through our inventory and found a piece of Phoenix Down.
after reviving Cloud, he asked us what we had done.
we were simply doing what i thought was best, i replied happily. Bikke added an argh matey of approval.
we checked our equipment to be sure we were on our way and delved deeper into the cave.
as we reached the through the black abyss, we found an exit.
as a young Troll i was tought a simple truth an exit is never an exit, they are another way of looking at an entrance.
we found ourselves outside of Onrac, in a field as we walked the earth indeed seemed to be rotting away.
on the horizon we could see Gurgu volcano belching motlen wrath as Marilith continued her tantrum.
we had brought Bikke home. yet there was a jouney ahead of us and none in the party knew where it would lead us.

"Ludum est honorandus."

Trollingly,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
6th Mar 2016, 03:36
hello FinalFantasy7Masher,
yes i agree with you, Final Fantasy 1,6,7,9, and Final Fantasy Tactics are still my favorite titles in the series,
since the change from ATB, i will admit i have not enjoyed Final Fantasy as much as i once did.

yes i do agree that the magic system of Bolt 1, 2 ,3 should be kept in the Remake of Final Fantasy VII,
i still can recall the first time i cast Fire2 on the Midgar Zolom.
i am still a grind style player and will stay at the Chocobo Ranch untill i obtain Enemy Skill Beta at level 25.

to be honest with you the games that i am most anticipating are,
Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Star Ocean 5, in that particular order.

so back to the subject at hand, i ask you the fans once again.
what would you want to see with the Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Vexingly yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
14th Mar 2016, 02:43
If you are not currently intimidated by this.
https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/000/293/large/jean-pierre-sullivan-emerald-weapon-closeup-by-jean-pierre-sullivan.jpg?1437933124
Then you soon will be.
http://orig07.deviantart.net/327e/f/2015/207/b/a/emerald_weapon_front_by_jpssullivan-d92sqsu.png
It is always your option.
Elatedly yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
31st Mar 2016, 20:13
a capricious moment indeed,
never in my wildest fantasies could i have expected such legend.
in excess of four thousand individuals have seen fit to visit and parlay among this apparent transcription.
to a myriad of those beings the Final Fantasy VII Remake is a more than a experience for the gamer.
the lessons and morals that are to be found along the journey are to be shared and coveted.
there is no greater title to the majority of the demographic,
whose vision and efforts are contained in these debates and concessions.
SquareEnix is dedicated and steadfastly protecting and furthering,
the vision, scope, and grandeur, that Final Fantasy has become for millions of players.
as one of the oldest, most cherished, and respected franchises in the entertainment industry,
Final fantasy enjoys a parthenon from the videogame community and there seems no cessation on the horizon.
with the preliminary episode release only months away, (less than a year)
what is that you expect from the beloved institution which all are eagerly awaiting?

Astonishingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
3rd Apr 2016, 01:05
As the group had decided to travel north to meet with The Dragon King Bahamut,
so that some among us could cease acting and looking as children.
we talked among ourselves as we traveled or so we thought, Hero and his minions unnoticed had blocked our escape route.
Bikke charged ferociously slamming into Adamantoise with all his might, enabling him to cause the fiend to flee in terror.
a good trait of his is a thick skull, his mildly staggered and toothy grin as testament to that fact.
Cloud with his expertise and fortuitous ability set his eyes upon encounter with the Great Troll,
who found himself to be more than a match for his capabilities,
with one mighty swing the Troll knocked senseless any thought in Cloud.
Cloud seeing the danger and finding himself to be advantageous in the moment,
unleashed Blade Beam and sullied his opponent
i found my self surrounded by a pair of Blue Dragon Sent from Midgar by Sephiroth and his minions.
Through the use of baseless cunning, i devised a strategy as the pair drew in to consume me.
I jumped with all my vigor,
and watched with glee as the two collided with such force as to render themselves ineffective.
as we collected our bearing and continued our journey we arrived in the quaint kingdom of Coneria.
As we made our way to the castle we were gladdened by the sight of masons and carpenters,
happy and boisterous to be working on the bridge that led to Matoyas's cave and to Pravoka.

"Pretium"

Authoritatively,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
7th Apr 2016, 00:34
originally posted August, 8 2015
My original intent with this post was,
to maintain an open fielded discussion on the elements that the fans agreed,
would be necessary in the remake of Final Fantasy VII.

after one thousand views i believe that we have topics worthy of sending to the production team at SquareEnix.

with the revising of this entire post,
the fans will have a clear and concise concept of what this upcoming mega title will contain.

GRAPHICS and MUSIC this is a PS4 title we will be given the best SquareEnix and Sony have to offer.

WORLD MAP/OVERWORLD if the world of Final Fantasy VII becomes any vaster,
our heads will explode from all the hopes and dreams.

WEAPONS.....six, two new for the remake.

NEW bosses, challenges, areas, continents, quests and dungeons.

CHARACTER BACKSTORY further elaboration on the key characters/npc's in the original, expect more story

COMBAT dramatic has several definitions,
i believe that the battle system will include a more dramatic presentation of the original.

RANDOM ENCOUNTER opponents materialize, in a Will-o'-the-wisp style of transubstantiation,
rather than transferring to a closed environment, combat would take place in the overworld.
the camera moves into a static and/or dynamic position when enemies materialize, it is necessary, etcetra.
the experience would probably feel a bit more smooth.

MATERIA and SUMMONS will be maintained with new additions and uses.

DLC will be available.

i have received several well written posts,
i will share information from those individuals,
to further embellish and elaborate on the most likely components being added.

i want to see all the dead wasteland fields surrounding Midgar from the mako reactor fallout's and pollution.
in the distance the town of Kalm, to the right of that a long open valley leading to the Chocobo Ranch and the marshlands.

easily accomplished with this style of camera. http://s3.postimg.org/vna55emir/thing.gif

I would like it to be big enough to take up four blu-ray disks - I miss disk switching.

Final Fantasy VII is a massive game, the data will not fit on two Blu-ray disks it will most likely be three.

I am confident Nomura and his team can capture the same magic with this remake.

"Delectentur cognitionibus."

Exhaustedly Yours,

after an amazing four thousand plus views, we now have proof that SquareEnix is capable of acknowledging their fans.
you can see that the Final Fantasy VII Remake team,
has indeed given some very pertinent attention to the details incorporated here.

Disc Changingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
14th Apr 2016, 19:46
with the initial episode's release date drawing near, i would speculate the holiday season 2016 or early January 2017.
we are beginning to receive fresh details as to the amount of content, and the type of battle system that is to be used.
it is a time to show respect and gratitude to Kitase-San, Nomura-San, and the SquareEnix team.
with the endeavors of some of the greatest developers of their time,
we are nothing short of enthralled by this title and it's predecessor.
given its use of a strategic version of the Dissidia Final Fantasy battle system.
drawing near unquantifiable content with the inclusion of the compilation side stories.
the gaming public will be presented with an excess of two hundred hours of game play,
a title with the undeniable replay.
we will have a Final Fantasy VII Remake with longevity never before seen in a main series release.
the fans, critics, naysayers, and hopefuls, have all had a moment to speak and receive an answer.
what we all must acknowledge is one pertinent query,
it this what we the fans were asking to see in the Final Fantasy VII remake?
with all that being said i would ask my fellow role playing game aficionados,
what will we say upon it's completion,
and what praises or criticisms will we present when we begin our experience this December?

利かし

"Honorem ex tempus."

Continuously Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
27th Apr 2016, 21:28
Four thousand five hundred views more to follow shortly!
quatre mille cinq centsvues plus * suivre
viertausend fünfhundert asnsichten mehr zu folgen
4500人が訪れていますより多くの記事が発生します

Happily Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
28th Apr 2016, 01:30
We had arrived in Pravoka.
the group was in a spirited mood as we approached the pub, Bikke noticed a group on the dock,
he decided to see who had dare dock in his port..
Cloud and I exchanged a familiar sentiment as we hurried to rejoin our companion,
as we drew near we began to hear laughter and cheers
upon reaching Bikke, he turned to us introducing a compatriot of his Faris Sherwiz.
whom had arrived only hours before, she explained thanks to Syldra as the wind had suddenely stopped.
she being a buccaneer herself was more than pleased to invite us aboard, even Syldra roared with delight
upon clearing the gang plank Cloud and I were immediately surrounded, and thrown in the ship's brig.
Faris was kind enough to give us reason. the crew being superstious insisted that we be sequestered.
as there are only two types of individuals on a pirate ship pirates and prisoners.
since we were not pirates we would be the latter until necessary accommodation could be reached.
luckily for us the captain's quarters we directly above the cell in which we were currently being remanded.
we listened and were captivated as we clearly heard the Princess of Tycoon share her amazing tale,
of how her, her ship, the crew, and Syldra had been transported to this world, a predicament which we all truly shared.
as Cloud continued to conceive a plan. i began to tap my fingers on the barrel which i was sitting upon.
much to my dismay the barrel tapped back. being a troll perplexed, i removed the lid and inside was a young black mage.
i set him down and introduced myself, he reciprocated good to meet you Golok. he said in my native tongue, im Vivi Ornitier.
i stood perplexed and looked to Cloud, who shrugged his shoulders and said your guess is as good as mine.
Well Vivi where did you ever learn to speak troll and how did you know my name? i asked in an awestruck kind of way.
My grandpa taught me before he died, he said in a sad kind of way.
he must have been a great teacher even Mr. Former Soldier First Class has difficulty speaking troll.
Yeah Yeah, said Cloud with a grin,
He really was, Vivi said with a sniffle. i miss him so much.
i was listening to Captain Faris, before you sat down on the barrel.
what were you doing in that barrel i asked him, he stated we were attacked by Leviathan on our way here.
i was scared so i hid in this apple barrel. and i woke up here, i had eaten so many apples i must have fallen asleep.
just then BIkke and Faris entered the ships hold, Vivi here you are she exclaimed!
i thought you were lost at sea when Leviathan attacked.
no Captain Faris, i hid in the ships Galley when we were attacked.
im glad you are here Vivi, the crew must have moved you while we repaired the starboard hull.
Faris then released us on one condition, we were now pirates as only pirates and prisoners are allowed aboard.
with everything agreed we headed for the pub for our last night on shore.

"Praedonum a vita."

Shanty Singingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
28th Apr 2016, 20:58
With a mass majority of this post having been concerned mostly with,
the information and rumors surrounding the Final Fantasy VII Remake,
i have chosen today to focus on the business and cultural aspect that will contribute to this title.
i have elected to portray an image of how i believe the success or failure will impact not only SquareEnix,
but the gaming community.

Today's article shall focus on two of the creative staff,
and any speculative theory that i could see occurring given a passive or receptive response to the title.

Our first subject is the director of the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Nomura Tetsuya.
Recently, Nomura-San (respected senior member) was placed on FF VII, given his near immaculate record prior to Director,
after Tabata-Chan (respected junior member) was placed as Director for final preparation and distribution of FFXV.
Certain individuals perceive this tactic was utilized to facilitate expedient progress on the Remake.
my opinion is the amount of development time for both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3,
show the reader a very different analysis.

There is a simple Japanese custom in business,
You the employee are only as valuable as that which you produce for the company.
If your company does poorly in any project to which you are directly assigned,
you must work harder to ensure that your company regains any respect lost due to those perceived difficulties.

With the less than expected results of Final Fantasy XIII and the subsequent sequels.
Tetsuya Nomura has replaced Motomu Toriyama as the primary director at SquareEnix,
the company to assign Toriyama new tasks at a yet to be determined date.

With the success of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, and the popularity of his character designs.
Nomura has been given a placement giving increased respect.
With that being stated, this most anticipated and often criticized title is of vital importance to SquareEnix.
For Nomura his position has become that of the creative department's number one Salary Man.
70-80 hours of duty until the completion of FFVII and KH3, the majority of each title at minimum
(he does not rest he only plans success and dreams of success. this sustains his body, mind, and soul that is the belief.)

Now, that i shared part of the concept of Japanese work ethic during the Busy Season and the life of a Salary Man.
Please, factor into the equation a total failure for these titles,
Nomura-San becomes Nomura-Chan a less respected position and a demotion.
His responsibility is to ensure that the company regain respect lost from the poor sales of his predecessor, a common custom.
The consequence for a less than anticipated result likely is an apology for failure and possibly a smaller budget,
the least negative of the possible consequences in the Japanese culture of business.

Please, do not confuse this theory with Tabata-Chan and advancement.
(giving increased respect for success. as there are forward and reverse uses of this title.)

The second subject of this article Kitase Yoshinori, Producer at SquareEnix
Kitase-San and his success is unrivaled at SquareEnix his talent having placed him as a respected Producer.
With the amount of respect, responsibility, and budget given to Kitase-San,
his success is not only expected it is mandatory.

His position is not the Salary Man, though it is the Busy Season for him with expectation for his story telling at a new level.
His position is one of a Producer, with the success of the Final Fantasy VII Remake,
his efforts will ensure a comfortable retirement, if not a chair on the board of directors.

A negative outcome would be perceived, as Kitase-San having lost focus on his position.
(similar to an athlete who is ready to retire or be retired,) this being a harsh and unlikely consequence,
more likely he would be regulated to Co-Producer or a Creative Producer for his remaining tenure,
(Respect having been given, his ability to teach junior employees, and his previous successes invaluable.)

With this new insight and information having been shared,
this article gives you a different perspective on how some of our favorite games are made
and what to expect when the SquareEnix cornucopia of titles reaches a console near you.

http://shukatsu-mensetsu.com/images/munner/munner_ojigi.gif
"Bonum consuetudinem"

More Laboriously Yours,
Cid Steiner

DirtyMudbutt
29th Apr 2016, 13:17
I havent enjoyed a FF game since X. Im saddened to see what was once my favorite battle system that spanned over so many genre setting titles that its being turned yet again... into a hack and slash..... didnt like 12 didnt like 13 and now.... im not gonna be into XV.... One of the best RPGs of last generation was Lost Odyssey... Thanks for showing some game play.... I will not waste my money on this like I did the first XIII.... Thanks for the memories.... I will keep the FF i grew up with... rush home from school to play... counted the hours when i could get to my SNES PS and PS2.... Now on the good side.... I love what has been done to Tomb Raider...

Cid_Steiner
29th Apr 2016, 22:45
Hello Dirty,
i am sorry to hear of your affliction, there are many remedies that could rectify that for you.
there are fans that could disagree with you. i am not one of those individuals,
the Turn Based and Active Time Battle system are some of my favorite facets of the series.
for some the Active Battle System presented in Final Fantasy XII- XV,
as parts of the Fabula Nova Crystalis series are the evolution of the series.
i have associates, that would state that FF XII is the best in the series, i was not a proponent of the title in any aspect.
with much of the reception of Final Fantasy mired in difference between fans,
we must look at the possibility for greatness when placed against adversity.
so for the remainder of the article i will give the reader a more complete portrait of the Final Fantasy team.

How SquareEnix Provided Consequences For Your Disapproval.

The SquareEnix Final Fantasy VII Remake Team,
Yoshinori Kitase: Producer, promoted to Executive Producer for his efforts on previous Final Fantasy titles.
Tetsuya Nomura: Director, promoted for his exceptional work and the unprecedented success of the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kazushige Nojima: Scenario Writer, prompted for his complete success on as Writer for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
Hajime Tabata: Associated Director, prompted the deadline expectation for Final Fantasy XV was greatly exceeded.
Naoki Yoshida: Battle Planner,promoted department lead his work on A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV a true success.
Hironobu Sakaguchi: Director of Planning, 1986-20014 he has recently been present at corporate events and functions.
Some were promoted by choice, some were prompted for success.

Yoichi Wada: President, 2000-2015 his contract expired and his project Shinra Technologies is suspended temporarily.
Motomu Toriyama: Director, the Final Fantasy XIII series is perceived by some as ineffective, he is currently unassigned.
Hiroyuki Ito: Director, Final Fantasy XII he is currently assigned to projects for Smart Devices and cinematic titles.
Yasumi Matsuno: Writer, Final Fantasy XII he is currently assigned to projects for Android/IOS devices.
Akihiko Yoshida: Character Designer, Final Fantasy XII he is currently assigned to other titles not in the Final Fantasy series.
These are some of the possible consequences for what you and others may have disagreed with.

with all the new creative staff hard at work on your favorite titles,
i can only hope that this news has a positive effect on your opinion.
with the future appearing bright, and the consequences of success and failure apparent.
http://i.imgur.com/2tSY5yP.png

What do you want to see in the Final Fantasy VII Remake?

"Defectum est non tolerantur."

Vivifyingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

DirtyMudbutt
30th Apr 2016, 14:53
Thanks for a wonderful response Mr. Cid.

The very first JRPG i played was Breath of Fire for SNES. It was a game released by Capcom, which i had heard of from my love of Street Fighter 2. As you power on your SNES the Capcom name appears then fades into a company i was not familiar with, Squaresoft. BoF was awsome. Turn based gameplay, Magic that was learned as you leveled up, random battles, an overworld that pushed me to explore, characters that were unique. From Karns ability to combine other characters, Bleu's unique apperance, tiny cloth wrapped Mogu with his long claws, angel winged Nina, Ox the... well hes an ox, Bo the Bow wielding wolf, Ryu who could wield weapons of choice from a sword to a boomerang all while turning into a dragon, and last but not least Gobi, our resident merchant and fish head.

We went together from town to town and even went to a whole new realm underwater. Once we entered each town the first thing you do is get to the shops to see if there are things to upgrade yourself and party members. Talking to every NPC as you explore the town. Sometimes we would meet characters that wanted to join our party and travel along with you. Each character had a story of there own. Whether its Ox, protecting his pregnant wife and whos people had been enslaved. Karn the master thief , and Nina whos father gets poisoned by the villian Emperor Zog. We hated the villians just as much as the characters. We followed Zod to the ends of the world while trying to collect the 7 keys before Zod could. We finally defeated Emperor Zog in Scande. Our mission is done.... NO wait the goddess of destruction and desire, Tyr, was behind it all along. Chased Tyr down and destroyed her with the ultimate dragon power Agni.

After Bof i hunted down every game i could find that had that wonderful ,Attack, Magic, Item, Defend menu. There were so many!

Final Fantasy Mystic quest, where we had to get the gems of earth, water, fire, and wind and restore balance to our world.

Final Fantasy II. We were hunted down by Golbez and his elemental archfiends Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Barbariccia, and Rubicante. We had friends who sacrificed themselves to stone to save us. We come across an old wizard, who has forgotten how to cast his magic but ultimately casts the spell of spells, Meteo. We travel to the top of a mountain where we were faced by our own reflection. We traveled not only to the ends of the world but we flew inside the planet and then rocketed to the moon. We were introduced for the first time to spells that could summon great beings to inflict damage on our foes. Five characters would follow us into battle each bringing there own unique abilities. Rydia could call upon the King and Queen from the Land of Summons. Edge could hurl inventory items at enemies while stealing from them. Kain the legendary Dragoon would jump into the air and smash the enemies face in.

The next installment Final Fantasy III greeted us with this awe inspiring Mode 7 cut scene. We had a choice to move the story line along by choosing to see the world and events from the perspective of the characters. Summons were back in the name of Espers. We traveled the world collecting Espers before anyone had even heard of Pokemon. We learned spells according to the Espers we had equipped. We memorized sequences of controller inputs so Sabin could hurl Air Blades from a distance or close the gap and Bum Rush enemy faces off. While traveling across the Veldt we meet a wild boy who can mimic the abilities of monsters. We travel by Castle beneath the sands. We fall in love with the Moogles. We even get to set back in our chairs and experience opera in all its 8 bit glory. We took 4 characters into battle with us as we traveled from town to town. Sometimes by boat. Sometimes by Airship. Sometimes we were mounted on the back of a large yellow bird, the Chocobo. So many choices to choose from when picking your 4 warriors. From a King who could engineer machines that would deal damage and inflict status ailments to a mime we find deep in the stomach of a giant worm. We explored a huge overworld. We even witnessed it getting destroyed which all led to one of the greatest villians and boss battles in JRPG history, Kefka.

There was Chrono Trigger. A combat system that allowed us to use abilities that would team up our characters. So many different worlds spread across different times. Characters that ranged from a red headed nerd to a toad knight. Some of the most memorable events in JRPG history like the death and resurrection of Chrono. And lets not forget New Game + with more story endings than i can even remember.

SNES brought us the above titles and kept giving. Squaresoft even teamed up with Nintendo and created Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. A turn based combat system with timed button presses that could increase your damage and reduce the amount of damage taken. Getting to experience Squaresoft during the SNES days was truly a wonderful experience.

Next came the generation of the Playstation. So many JRPGs were created that followed the Turn Based formula. Parasite EVE 1 and 2. Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles finally allowed US players to experience JRPGs that were never released in north america. We had Final Fantasy 7,8,9 all of them stuck to the Turn based system. FF7 gave us Limit Breaks. New Summons that graphically blew us away. FF7 was also an emotional ride. It was the first game that had moments when my jaw dropped and i had to put the controller down and hug myself. From the death of Aeris to the upper plate killing off an entire sector. FF7 wasnt just a game you played... You felt it as well.

I remember buying Brave Fencer Musashi just for the FF8 demo. Another turn based JRPG. CGI was becoming a part of the story telling. Squall walking through Garden in real time while the surroundings were CGI. Squall being chased by the huge War spider of doom. Summons returned and were equipped. We had to farm enemies to get mats for our weapons. And we got to DRAW upon magic and equip it for stat bonuses.

Final Fantasy 9 returned us to the 4 man party. Taught us we could become attached to characters even if they just have 2 big glowing eyes tucked back underneath a hat. We learned skills by equipping different weapons and armor. Summons make a return. Item shops make a return. Another gripping story.

It was during this time squaresoft introduced a game called Final Fantasy Tactics. To this day FF tactics is and will always remain the greatest game. It was the first time i experienced what i called ChessRPG. Tons of jobs, weapons, armor and spells. It was truly a ground breaking experience. Because of FFT i played Front Mission. A game unique to itself.

There was Saga Frontier 1 and 2 introducing wonderful water colored environments.

Vagrant Story was another one i played just because it had squaresoft on the front. Loved it!

Xenogears! OMG Who doesnt like giant robots and a turn based system that allows me to spend points to create awsome combat combos.

I even played einhander. Just because it had Squaresoft on the cover. Awsome flyer with cool weapon upgrades. Bosses that would make you so mad. there was Ehrgeiz, bushido blade, and Tobal no. 1. I cant say they were awsome games but they were games i bought just because it had Squaresoft on the cover.

The transition to Playstation 2 came about. I was a young kid and got a job at Funcoland. Those of you who may remember it was a store where you bought video games and they had systems going so you could play the game before you bought it. I bought The Bouncer of course... I even got a store holographic that was used for advertising. it has a FF9 advert if you looked at it a certain way and then it would turn into an advert for The Bouncer in the other direction. Its about 18 inches tall and it has become a addition to my desk along with my other toys.

Anyway PS2 brought us FFX. I loved it and it is still one of my favs. But this was the first time we didnt get an overworld. We got a quick travel map with a scrollable menu. I hated that.... It was also the first time we experienced Voice overs. Im prolly the only person but I hate voice overs.... Ive learned to live with it but i still thing part of the Love i have for JRPGs was the reading. I got to read and imagine how the line was said. I miss that. But FFX is a great game. We can switch toons on the fly during combat. CGI cut scenes were a must by then and squaresoft never dissapointed with them.

Now there are many other RPGs ive played over time. I also had an xbox. I played the Knights of the Old republc series and enjoyed it. Wild Arms series, BoF series, Suikoden series, Xenosaga, Threads of Fate, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quest series, Legends of Dragoon, which by the way was one of the best JRPGs with the time attack button mashing introduced with the turn based system. Front Mission 3. the Star Ocean and Tales of Series. I even bought FF11 for my PS2. Hard drive came attached and still works!

Its at this point where JRPGs start slipping. No overworld maps just a menu to click on. Most had just 1 or 2 choices for armor. Like weapon and 2 rings. No pants or chest or helm. nothing. Elder scrolls with its hack and slash stuff. Booo. Some of the above games like the star ocean and tale of series were not turnbased games. same way with secret of evermore and Legend of mana. Never could get into them. I like my turn based games.

Kingdom Hearts came along and i bought the first one. And i did not like it. It was being called an RPG but to me it was just a hack and slash with gear and stats. FFX-2 came out. I rushed to get it... WTF!? i have to switch costumes??!?!??!? only 3 playable characters?!?!?! WTF Square? BOOOooo. didnt like it. I bought FFXII next. WTF?!?!??! I can only control 1 character at a time?!??! WTF?!?!??! I program the other characters with commands like "When less than 50% health cast Cure" UUmmmmm NO TY. I also had an xbox. Played Fable. meh i guess. I played the Knights of the Old republc series and enjoyed it.

So I heard FFXIII is going to be PS3 only. So i bought a PS3 and the only games i played on it was Metal Gear 4 and FF13. Then come to find out its being released on xbox as well. I was so excited when i bought 13 i rushed home put the disk in... Of course i wanna install this to my hard drive.. Started it up... The opening CGI was awsome. Combat started... so.. What your saying is i have to change "stances" basically to do stuff. I just spam X over and over then change stances to heal then change back and spam X? WTF???!!! WTF are they doing to my games!!!! that was the last time i bought a FF title.

I had an xbox 360 and i came across this title called Lost Odyssey. I played that whole game. It was awsome. Time attack Ring during turn based combat. Gear and weapon upgrades. No overworld but the stages were so big if felt like you were exploring and running around. Last true turn based RPG. That was 2007. Yes there was Blue Dragon. Was okay.

Since then we have had many games claim to be RPG. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, and The Witcher. All of them... every single one of them... is nothing more than a hack and slash.... True you can pause combat in the dragon age series.... Yes you can use vats in fallout... But come on!

Wheres my Overworld? Why do i only get to control 1 of my characters at a time? Why have i been wearing this same jacket since i started? How come i can see the enemy mob running around in the world? Wheres my random battle system? Why am i spending more time playing Card games than i am lvling up my characters? How come im running around and spamming the X button over and over? Why do my summons make all the other characters disappear? Why do my summons look like a car or a motorcycle? Why are there only 10 summons in the whole game? Why is this game only 24 hours long? How come i have to goto a shop and buy my magic spells? Why am i spending most of my time running back and forth killing stuff on a bounty board? How come the only piece of gear i can get is a weapon? Why am i having to run around during battle to either get close to attack or out to dodge or block or parry?

It scares me to see so many workers on that list who came from kingdom hearts.... Replace those people with people who play Dungeons and Dragons.

Sorry about the wall of text but im gonna fight for my FF!!!!!

Thanks

Cid_Steiner
30th Apr 2016, 21:22
Dear Dirty,
personally i am looking forward to the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Star Ocean 5, Dragon Quest XI, to name a few.
there are titles in the very near future that will satisfy your want for classic Jrpg titles.
recently SquareEnix has invested in a new studio that specializes in the type of title that you have described.
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/tokyo-rpg-factory-logo-i-am-setsuna-square-enix-700x350.jpg (http://www.tokyorpgfactory.com/)
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t651/legolas_katarn1/a8_zpstvbywcub.png (http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/#home)
The company's first title, I Am Setsuna is a traditional Jrpg,
with inspiration from Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and countless classic titles.
here are the trailer, and a few images, i hope that their effort captivates you.
SquareEnix presents I Am Setsuna July 19, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aeigc_bjFA&feature=youtu.be)

http://www.driftwoodonline.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/cf721_setsuna3.jpg

http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/I-am-Setsuna-Combat.jpg?a5f4cd

http://blog.lhyeung.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/setsuna_06.jpg

Encouragingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

DirtyMudbutt
1st May 2016, 03:33
Greetings once again Mr. Cid

While watching the trailer for "I am Setsuna " a feeling came over me that i havent felt in the last 10 years. The screenshots of the overworld... A overworld, OMG! And then an airship... Its a freakin Airship in an overworld! "X-STRIKE!" July 19th has been marked and if there is a preorder on steam my money will be spent.

Dragon Quest XI has some very nice videos and screenshots that excite me. I will get to see much more as i wait for a NA release. I even came across some gameplay of NIER: AUTOMATA... not turn based but still Interesting.

Let the Tokyo RPG Factory know... I'm Comming!

Thanks Mr Cid!

Cid_Steiner
19th Aug 2016, 22:05
Six thousand views,
i have new findings for all.

Soon to be deliveringly yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
20th Aug 2016, 05:10
so here is my delivery.
http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/visualworks/img/lead.jpg
http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/visualworks/img/mainpage.jpg
http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/visualworks/img/cgimages.jpg

Square Enix has moved back the release of Final Fantasy 15 until November for local quality purposes.
the teams responsible for the Final Fantasy VII Remake are busy at work implementing a fully open world.
turn based combat is also being developed and i am not refering to the sequel to I Am Setsuna.

here is what they are developing at Square Enix its the positions they desire to employ that gives direction
http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/visualworks/

Large Scale behavioral control system: it is not for Hitman. sounds like a more immersive sytem of control based on Final Fantasy XV.
have you seen WAIT MODE?

High-quality high-efficiency rendering technology development: for expansive and efficient open worlds.
see it on November 29th.

Large-scale asset management system development: what is large asset system development for CG
the entirety of the Diamond Weapon sequence in Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV and large components of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

and 64 bit development environment maintenance: research on the Internet to discern its mysteries.

"Et parant ad munus"

Trollingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
14th Sep 2016, 00:53
six thousand five hundred views,
at this juncture in the development new releases of information are lacking.
there are rumors stating the title might not be playable until 2018, now would the time to,

EXPEDIENTLY COMPLETE AND RELEASE THE FIRST EPISODE.
THE OFFICIAL REASON FOR THE FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE FORMAT!

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_1209,w_2149/t_mp_quality/plp9m23ef882zblvxcjc/3-ways-the-episodic-final-fantasy-7-remake-could-disappoint-final-fantasy-7-866588.jpg

"Tempus est a Demo aut Corporatum Accountance"

BRUTALLY YOURS,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
23rd Oct 2016, 21:14
February 18, 2017 Grimaldi Forum, Monaco
a recent posting by Square Enix moderator Grimoire sheds new light
on a possible, if not obvious, reveal date for the much anticipated remake. (http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156563&page=4&p=2228089#post2228089)

Tetsuya Nomura will be an attendee at the Monaco Anime Games International Conference (M.A.G.I.C.).
not known to many individuals is that the region from Gibraltar to Monaco is the actual Costa Del Sol.
posted here are images of the famed forum and the surrounding area.
Is this inspiration for Nomura san and the second chapter of the Final Fantasy VII Remake?
in this author's opinion there is little question or doubt given the aspects of venue and the title.

Behold! Shinra Sea Port and the beauty of Costa Del Sol.
i can envision Professor Hojo, and the rest of the cast of Final Fantasy VII Remake at leisure on beach in the background.
http://img.sportautos-und-supersportwagen.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/top-marques-monaco-supercars-1.jpghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Hotel_Puente_Romano.jpg
http://marbellapropertycorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Main29.jpg
"Salutem ex Costa Del Sol" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2utAUSJ_4OU)

A special thank you to Tom and Ash for their soundtrack. (https://youtu.be/KKiFAv1NEHs)

Realistically Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
24th Oct 2016, 03:49
Who will be Guest 7777,
Who will be ALL LUCKY SEVENs!

http://i.imgur.com/5k7ncHU.jpg
Will It Be You?

Cid_Steiner
29th Oct 2016, 23:12
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeuKKcq6fbr2RvJWg-P6-QjyuL6mdp1XQusj2iprPaklwxGuts
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F67.media.tumblr.com%2Fed0dc450e583d7383938c77e222c3160%2Ftumblr_nwacxez39i1ui3mkzo1_1280.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.na.square-enix.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D157483%26page%3D6&docid=2KTAkOM-clyIVM&tbnid=dbHJbvVbMnR68M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwifypPJ6K_WAhXlhFQKHaEwCf0QMwgnKAAwAA..i&w=700&h=583&bih=662&biw=1366&q=www.media.tumblr.com%2Fed0dc450e583d7383938c77e222c3160%2Ftumblr_nwacxez39i1ui3mkzo1_1280.jpg&ved=0ahUKEwifypPJ6K_WAhXlhFQKHaEwCf0QMwgnKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8
"The Promised Land will soon be ours.

If there's anything else.... talk to my secretary."

Cid_Steiner
31st Oct 2016, 01:32
http://kupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FF-VII-Remake-8.jpg

We are almost there, it is around the corner! (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-development-started-december-2014/#/slide/1)

Cid_Steiner
8th Nov 2016, 21:25
http://i2.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Sephiroth-Dissidia.jpg?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400

"Gloriosa Generosa......SEPHIROTH!"

Singingly Yours,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
20th Nov 2016, 00:59
We Must Choose Between Playing And Watching!
Shall we Join The Lifestream Or The Grand Regalia?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxpUwxGUkAAQvga.jpg

Address: Dolby Theatre, Hollywood & Highland, 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90028 Capacity: 3,401

Thank You

http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq8ps2/monster/boss_troll.png

感謝

"Duo Ludos"

Gratefully Yours,
Cid Steiner The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
13th Dec 2016, 01:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyiLBuoUAAAywne.jpg
The week of November 29, 2016 through December 4, 2016 was indeed Astralnomical,
with the Titan Astral being unveiled and showcased in the Hollywood and Highland District.
this event was not to be missed, and for those in attendance a truly memorable event,
in a similar fashion even a Star Wars: Rogue One X-Wing landed near by.
The often imitated and never duplicated Square Enix experience, being first in the hearts of many fans.
A great many thanks, and salutations to the Final Fantasy Team on an event well hosted.

"Magna Perficientur"

Busily Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
25th Dec 2016, 17:01
In honor of ALL LUCKY SEVENs and guest 7777
i will be hosting a small prize give away.
More to follow Happy Holidays.

Cid_Steiner
5th Sep 2017, 14:29
What i would like to see with the Final Fantasy VII Remake The Square Enix Year in Review

Greetings and salutations to fans of all things SquareEnix!

https://pietriots.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dq-boss-troll.jpg
i have invested the last year in advancing in breadth and scope,
that which i must and mustn't Troll which is everything.

with the anniversary of Final Fantasy VII on September 7, 2017.
i have returned, one would imagine there are questions as to where i have been, and what prize give away awaits the fans of SquareEnix.

I have a prize for us all.

"Continuacio sit Aureum"

Indicatingly Yours,

Cid_Steiner
5th Sep 2017, 15:07
the year in review for SquareEnix,
oh yes ask and we the fans did receive. this is the largest conducive shipment of titles from one studio in gaming history.
since the release of Dragon Quest Heroes on Playstation 4 the stream of products has been impressive to say the least.

Dragon Quest Heroes I, II
Dragon Quest builders I,II
Star Ocean I.F.
Hitman
I Am Setsuna
Moon Hunters
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Turing Test
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy All-Star Carnival
A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
World of Final Fantasy
Mobius Final Fantasy
SaGa: Scarlet Grace
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Nier: Automata
Seiken Densetsu Collection
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Pictlogica Final Fantasy
Children of Zodiarcs
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Dragon Quest,II,III
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
Lost Sphear
Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Secret of Mana
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Project Octopath Traveler
Life Is Strange 2
Project Prelude Rune
The Avengers Project

http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq8ps2/monster/boss_troll.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLloytbObL8h2bk0Pj9uvQOFw7ovdEu7y4EKc244l85nPA-M4f
i am truly amazed all of this in the course of a year.

"Corporatum Simplicitate"

Trollingly Along,
Cid Steiner

Cid_Steiner
5th Sep 2017, 15:31
How can a Troll justly abscond from their Troll'y responsibilities?
as we all know knowledge is the greatest prize in the world so here is your prize

I was
https://68.media.tumblr.com/b0503c661b399ffba7aa320c4bdf8f72/tumblr_inline_nvp7h2lnnO1te1off_1280.jpg

"Alium Populus et Artem"

Lockeingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
5th Sep 2017, 15:41
The first title in the Final Fantasy VII Remake is complete!

Cloud and how he became a member of Avalanche, Midgar, Sephiroth, Kalm, Junon, and.................
https://68.media.tumblr.com/16a7ab5f8aae4fc1299a13f011f7263d/tumblr_inline_nwackpmKfL1te1off_1280.jpg

"Et Reversus est Dominus"

Lovingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
7th Sep 2017, 22:39
Happy 20th Anniversary

Final Fantasy VII
http://img09.deviantart.net/4803/i/2012/190/e/c/final_fantasy_vii_family_black_by_missenbuggensmitsu-d56k7t2.jpg
Comemoratingly Yours,

Cid_Steiner
18th Sep 2017, 20:26
December 18,1987. FINAL FANTASY

https://ips.pepitastore.com/client/cloud/1614900/images_products/prod-page-1505375805.jpg

https://ips.pepitastore.com/client/cloud/1614900/images_products/ff30thanniversary-celebrationbox-carousel-01a-1505308424.jpg (https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/459774/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-celebration-box)

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SE-Broadcast-E3-2013.jpg

Tokyo Game Show 2017
YOUTUBE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkaCY67c8qE)/NICONICO (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305337943)

15:00 to 15:40 – Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Broadccast at TGS 2017 – On December 18,
it will have been 30 years since the release of the first title in the Final Fantasy series.
An introduction to the projects planned for the 30 year milestone.
Featuring, Shinji Hashimoto! (Final Fantasy 30th anniversary general producer),
Mariko (Final Fantasy Portal app), and Kashio (Final Fantasy Portal app).
Be there to be SquareEnix.
Gematsu has the schedule (http://gematsu.com/2017/09/tokyo-game-show-2017-live-stream-schedule#squareenix), we should get a trailer or other major announcement at this time. Enjoy the live presentation.
If not here @#$%^$, the Final Fantasy VII Remake will be presented at......

http://cdn3-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2017/06/PlayStation-E3-02.jpg (https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/16/playstation-experience-returns-to-anaheim-december-9-featuring-capcom-cup/)
PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE 2017

PS5 anyone? (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/21/new-playstation-europe-teaser-gearing-up-for-the-reveal-of-something/)
https://blogs-images.forbes.com/davidthier/files/2017/08/Capture-11.jpg

"Nam Liberum Illud Facio"

Trollingly Yours,

Cid_Steiner
30th Oct 2017, 15:06
Today is the start of Paris Games Week,
Sony has said that there are twenty eight new games and game updates being shown in twenty minutes.
So with 1:28 odds I should ask you the reader will we see from the world of Final Fantasy VII?
Obviously as previously stated I thought we would see the Remake at Tokyo Game Show which we did not.
Surprising to most readers is the fact that over 23,000,000 Playstation 4 units were sold in Europe, the most in the world.
With these facts now revealed what will we see from Paris (https://youtu.be/LADV0465OFc) in twelve minutes?
Absolutely nothing from Final Fantasy VII Remake.

http://www.ffwa.eu/ff7/images/map-small.gif

"Festinare Commodo"

Trollingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
14th Nov 2017, 23:16
With the anniversary of Final Fantasy VII being released in the EU on November 17, 2017 there have been articles published that could be viewed as a tabloid source. i am including portions of this article for you the reader to decide. Copyright infringement?

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/143/590x/secondary/Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-1123108.jpg

"Sic Enim Pulmenti"

Abashingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
17th Nov 2017, 20:26
The Final Fantasy VII Remake will not
appear at Playstation Experience! (http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/16/playstation-experience-final-fantasy-vii-remake/)

What exactly did Sony And SquareEnix do when they announced the FFVII Remake at E3 2015?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/21/02/9a/21029ade0b35f52770090ada15a1093d--funny-dogs-so-funny.jpg

"Non Dignitas Duo Canis Stercus."

Non Purchasingly Yours,
The SquareEnix Troll

Cid_Steiner
17th Nov 2017, 20:47
https://pietriots.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dq-boss-troll.jpg
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/55d766e69dd7cc22008b5143-128-128/1f4a9-google-android.png.pagespeed.ce.t0tjzdu9zb.png
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://youtu.be/ZnHmskwqCCQ)

Cid_Steiner
22nd Nov 2017, 04:30
https://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/FFVIIREMAKE_1280x720_Logo_B-838x471_c.jpg

This comes from an interview on DualShockers (https://www.dualshockers.com/square-enix-release-dates-major-games/amp/)

Square Enix is often known for keeping the release dates of its biggest games under wraps for a long time,
often defying expectations of fans that wait for those announcements at this or that event or trade show.

Yet, some are coming in the next few months according to President and CEO Yosuke Matsuda.

Matsuda-San had this to say during the latest quarterly conference call for investors.

“Development efforts for major titles are underway at both our overseas and domestic studios.
We will be making announcements about the release dates of those titles between the end of FY2018/3 and E3.”

For those unfamiliar with the financial lingo, “FY2018/3” means the fiscal year ending in March 2018,

the announcement of release dates of the “Major Titles” hinted at should come between April 1st, 2018 and E3 2018 in June.

The publisher is also exploring how to market those major games in the pipeline to maximise their potential.

Interestingly, Square Enix has been lowering the risk of having major overhauls of titles in development,
and the development of games that will launch starting from April 1st, 2018 are proceeding according to plan.

“I believe you will be able to tell how long our development lead times are based on the launch dates we will be announcing for our games going forward. I will say that we are facing less risk of having to engage in re-work thanks to
the precision with which we are approaching our designs in the initial phase of each development project. I believe that the development efforts for the new titles we will be launching starting in FY2019/3 are proceeding in line with our plans.”

At the moment, one major game that is awaiting a release date is definitely Kingdom Hearts III, that for now only has a 2018 release window. Another eagerly-anticipated game that has no release window at all is the Final Fantasy VII PS4 remake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAGON QUEST XI
KINGDOM HEARTS III
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE

JULY 2017(A)
MAY 2018(A)
JUNE 2018(A)

April 2018(R)
September 2018(R)

March 2019(R)

(A)nnounced (R)eleased
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLloytbObL8h2bk0Pj9uvQOFw7ovdEu7y4EKc244l85nPA-M4f
"Optimus Coniecto"

Trolled,

GabriLani
29th Nov 2017, 11:30
I really hope SQUARE ENIX is reading what is being written here in the forum.
I personally can take many difference from the original FFVII and the remake...but i will really pissed off if the story gets messed up: if you want to include spin-offs in history, such as AC or DC, that they adapt to the original story, and not vice-versa (the spin off' story wans't so good...)

Thank you for you beautiful work!
and hurry up!!

;D

EisenEule
10th Jan 2018, 09:40
Can anyone tell me if it would be possible for square to implement the obtion to switch between an Active and command based battle system? (like a switch between classic battle mode and modern battle mode)

I understand that these days and with the new FF titles the younger generation of player would like to have the active battle system of the newer titles cause they are more used to it.
Me as an veteran who never played a title after FF11, the command battle system was a Key element of FF7 and i would not buy the remake if it does not have that cause it would not feel like an remake to me but more like a different game that just lookes like FF7.

(sry for the bad english)