PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up

The_Romax
6th Jul 2015, 21:01
Hi there everyone whats up? Just a quick question, is there better equipment/skills for each class, or are them all balanced and depend on what kind of way of playing you prefer, or which classes are you matched against??

Thats all, thanks for reading.

AntiqueGod
6th Jul 2015, 21:28
Hi there everyone whats up? Just a quick question, is there better equipment/skills for each class, or are them all balanced and depend on what kind of way of playing you prefer, or which classes are you matched against??

Thats all, thanks for reading.
They are pretty balanced and depends on your style. Maybe some classes like scout with grappling hook is not best idea.
Or hunter with light bombs.

Ysanoire
7th Jul 2015, 00:17
Most of them are sidegrades. You will eventually be able to try them all and decide for yourself.
If you're asking what abilities could be worth buying for a newer player who can't afford everything yet, I'd suggest these:

alchemist - light bomb
prophet - piercing pistols
reaver - choking haze, shadowstep (you get choking haze for 7 days from the tutorial)
tyrant - shockwave, enrage later on
sentinel - abduct, airstrike
deceiver - infect, maybe shroud (optional)

the other classes can be played just fine with the default loadout.

barthez36663
7th Jul 2015, 12:33
For prophet ill also suggest buying draining curse. With reaver you can also try sweeping kick but it may be hard for begginer. With deceiver ill go with infect first and then try Dominate Mind istead of shroud.
If youll want to buy perks later, go for increased ammo for humans and reduced cooldowns for vamps.
Try to stick to 2 classes of humans and 2 classes of vamps and max them out. And dont buy items for 7 day, not more than one or two, its not worth, youll lost money this way, its better to buy them permanent one by one.

The_Romax
8th Jul 2015, 04:32
Thank you all for your answers, when I saw the price of the things I thought "oh this is way to cheap to be true", turns out it was.

Bazielim
8th Jul 2015, 12:16
As Ysanoire says they're all 'sidegrades' with particular pros and cons - I would have said experiment to see which fit your style. Tbh I would actually have suggested hiring items as a viable tactic when you have little gold - try for a few days to see which ones you like and then you're in a better position to work out which ones will benefit you immediately, then build up to permanent and get the others when you have a massive gold excess when you reach about level 30. Eventually you'll see they all have strengths and weaknesses, good and bad situations to use them in - it's all about finding the ones that work for you.