PDA

View Full Version : New map suggestion

Meh_bot
4th Jul 2015, 20:04
Spoiler*
In Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the human cathedral or "weapon" is infested by Zephonim, now Zephons lair. I'd like to see a map of the entrance of this place, since the inside would make for some very Bad Nosgoth gameplay. The entrance though, it has a lot of potential in my eyes.

Since Leagues is basically unplayable... tooodles :wave:

KaininitePriestess
5th Jul 2015, 09:30
I think that they have stated that's one of the locations they want to make into a map the most, so it's probably going to be something we see eventually. :)

Cristari
5th Jul 2015, 10:53
they need a lot of maps tbh the more the better.

Meh_bot
6th Jul 2015, 01:22
Yeah they really do, and I hope the day of it going out of beta is near. Not holding my breath though. I mean seeing the Zephonim transition of that cathedral, or it being in the humans hands. Knowing it's fate. Kain's (sanctuary of the clans) would also be a cool map, although, when did that ever get attacked by the humans, if they would be so fool hardy. Would still be cool to fight around the Pillars of Nosgoth :P . Or by the Sarafan Tombs, even Rahab's fortress before it gets flooded. So much they can do when it comes to maps. Just look at the games and be creative :)

KaininitePriestess
6th Jul 2015, 01:28
The Sanctuary of the Clans and Kain's Mountain Retreat are the two maps I'd love to see get made the most. The Sanctuary is probably more likely then the Retreat, but it'd still be awesome to see. ;D It's just a location I've wanted to explore ever since we were told it was one of the deleted zones in SR1.

GenFeelGood
6th Jul 2015, 02:07
I think the devs responded to the requests for the Sanctuary of the Clans map as "not never, but not anytime soon"

What do you guys think of having us gather within the throne room of the Sanctuary of the Clans during the start up phase of our vampire round? Not sure what the human equivalent could be.

Vampmaster
6th Jul 2015, 17:12
What if the backstory was an infiltration or an escape rather than an full on invasion? Four of the most trusted servants have been given the honor of receiving the vampiric gift, but in reality they've been biding their time and waiting for the opportunity to assault their vampire masters. Something like that might be more believable storywise.

Actually, they might be wearing worshiper's robes to show their allegiance. A good excuse for new skins assuming a worshipper class wouldn't fit the gameplay.

Psyonix_Ryan
6th Jul 2015, 20:35
In Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the human cathedral or "weapon" is infested by Zephonim, now Zephons lair. I'd like to see a map of the entrance of this place, since the inside would make for some very Bad Nosgoth gameplay. The entrance though, it has a lot of potential in my eyes.

I'd really like to see something like that, too!

GenFeelGood
7th Jul 2015, 04:16
When we say the entrance of the Silenced Cathedral, are we referring to the outer gates and the surrounding landscape or the city/living quarters on the ground floor of the Cathedral's interior?

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 09:02
I was thinking the little courtyard with the tower buildings in front of the entrance to the Cathedral, but that's a little small and would need some expansion/some walkways and bridges and pathways to make it a better are.

But then that would kind of make it amazing, too. Have every one of the little towers connected by a series of bridges and catwalks - like the ewok village in Return of the Jedi, for instance - which lended itself to a more vertical gameplay that was completely different from any of the other maps!

Vampmaster
7th Jul 2015, 09:26
I was thinking the little courtyard with the tower buildings in front of the entrance to the Cathedral, but that's a little small and would need some expansion/some walkways and bridges and pathways to make it a better are.

But then that would kind of make it amazing, too. Have every one of the little towers connected by a series of bridges and catwalks - like the ewok village in Return of the Jedi, for instance - which lended itself to a more vertical gameplay that was completely different from any of the other maps!

But it could still carry the same architectural theme. Those cylindrical buildings with the dome roofs? (Not the best angle, but I can get a better one tonight)

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 09:34
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant! It looked like there might have been wooden walkways that had rotted away over time when you were playing it. There were wooden beams sticking out from the sides of the towers and things like that. So that's mostly what I mean by the catwalks and bridges. Maybe make the map based on that area and then just add to it.

rdlady
16th Mar 2016, 03:10
Yeah they really do, and I hope the day of it going out of beta is near. Not holding my breath though. I mean seeing the Zephonim transition of that cathedral, or it being in the humans hands. Knowing it's fate. Kain's (sanctuary of the clans) would also be a cool map, although, when did that ever get attacked by the humans, if they would be so fool hardy. Would still be cool to fight around the Pillars of Nosgoth :P . Or by the Sarafan Tombs, even Rahab's fortress before it gets flooded. So much they can do when it comes to maps. Just look at the games and be creative :)

I totally agree! Specially the sanctuary of the clans with an area where we can fight around the pillars would be amazing!!!!

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Nosgoth/Images/Community_Day-03-Screenshots-Locations-02-Soul_Reaver-Sanctuary-01.JPG

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/6185003/sn/663953317/name/ScreenShot65.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/4/4e/Sanktuariumklan%C3%B3w.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100623190805

http://lparchive.org/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver/Update%2010/sr1-184.jpg

Ygdrasel
16th Mar 2016, 21:23
I totally agree! Specially the sanctuary of the clans with an area where we can fight around the pillars would be amazing!!!!

I see the Sanctuary being good as an objective-based map. Like how Payday maps work.

1) Break through the doors
2) Get through the inner gates.
3) Secure the Pillars.

All while warding off vampires, of course.