PDA

View Full Version : Favourite character?

ScottBlows
3rd Jul 2015, 10:37
Hi everyone!

Wanted to get a thread going to see who is your favourite character from the series so far?

Post who and why in comments below :)

julietxjules
3rd Jul 2015, 11:13
Mmm. . .that's not as easy as it sounds. I'll have to think on that one a bit before I decide. :nut:

Tataboj
3rd Jul 2015, 12:24
Max. Definitely. I completely identified with her.

Wambo_is_Strange
3rd Jul 2015, 16:48
1. Chloe
2. Max
3. Dana

:cool:

Alvare
3rd Jul 2015, 17:00
Alright, I like all characters so far. I'd place them in order to how much I like them.
0th place -Lisa - Best character in gaming history. Nah just kiddin'

1 st place - Max - Max's awesome in every way, 90% of us agree on that, right?
2 nd place - Chloe - She's way cooler than anyone else, a little selfish but I care a lot about Chloe.
3 rd place - Kate - She left an scar/emptiness. I really wish we could see her again somehow.
4 th place - David - I care about him. I know he's not nice at times. But he'll redeem himself as a father.
5 th place - Frank - Cool guy, reminds me of an old friend. He seems to be an electric guitar player.
6 th place - Warren - I think he's cool and funny. Warren definitely deserves a chance. Right now, he's falling to background.
7 nd place - Joyce - What's not to like about Joyce? Caring and of course preparing, bacon 'n eggs, pancakes, Belgian waffles.
8 th place - Mark - He's a good guy so far and kind of like an open book.
9 th place - Mr. Wells - Funny when drunk.
10th place - Taylor - She's cute and funny. "HI TAYLOR" 0__o
11th place - Victoria - Love mockin' her and seeing her plans backfire.
12th place - Daniel - He made that drawing for Max. It was kind of cute how Max reacted to it.
13th place - Dana - She's alright.
14th place - Samuel - Here's Johnny! >=D
15th place - Nathan - I tried to be nice to him but he cracks up every single time.
16th place - Justin - He's alright.
17th place - Alyssa - She very uninteresting but funny. Want to see another thing happening to her.
18th place - Stella - Stella once said something interesting in ep1. Right now her character is extremely flat.
19th place - Courtney - She looks good but I guess she has a passion for rejecting people or somethin'. xD
20th place - Brooke - Meh, she's kind of boring. :P
21th place - William - We don't know him yet. In ep3 everything got artificial and surreal.

All other characters, I either way didn't remember them, or they didn't make it to the list. :P

ColbyCheeseLover
5th Jul 2015, 00:29
HMMMM.... This is a really hard question. I'm going to have to say Max. I have connected to her as a person, and even though I am of the opposite gender, I have had tons of girls that are friends that have been a huge part of my life. Not to mention Max's love for photography. I have KNOWN that photography was going to be my #1 since I was a kid. I think my first photo was with a Polaroid OneStep or something. I still have the photo and the camera. I think it was a selfie before selfies were selfies. :scratch: What is so strange is that my old polaroid is pretty much the same as Max's. So that was a big connection, until her's broke in episode 1... **** Hannah Telle does such a great job bringing a hipster vibe to her character. UGH, I JUST LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH IT ISN'T FUNNY! :lol: So, yeah... Max. :)

Alvare
6th Jul 2015, 23:33
Lol well Max is the sweetest personality of them all of course. Funny thing is, all her inner monologue.. there are quite a few people who have that exact same thing. Like you can hear yourself talking all the time, around others you may seem relaxed but inside you're always thinking and working stuff out. It's funny how many people can identify themselves with her. But I really haven't found a woman yet, who shares these characteristics. Today for example, if we're comparing a real womans personality, someone I spoke to kind of reminded me of Victoria. Nagging at me for not having/liking the new technologies and "being hipster/old".
But I just made fun of myself for a bit and she stopped eventually. xD

AnimeSuperFan
7th Jul 2015, 02:29
Max of course! But I'm going to mention Chloe as well. I think she's misunderstood. I think she's hurting, but at the same time, she's helping Max as well. She cares for her, and I like that. Chloe might feel alone, but I don't think Max does because of her.

julietxjules
7th Jul 2015, 11:38
Joyce Price

Simply put. . .and after due consideration.

I can identify with Joyce more than other character in the game. She has dealt with a tragic loss, mentally picked herself up, and although she has made a questionable choice (from an outside point of view) in her latest marriage, she is a strong, caring person.

Joyce has had to endure Chloe's mood swings and personality changes ever since William died, but through all that, Joyce has been constant in one thing; she loves her daughter no matter what.

I like Joyce.

WazzuMan
10th Jul 2015, 06:27
Max. Like others I identify with her more than any other character. I am also shy, introverted and yes, I have my quirks, too.

LordBattleBeard
1st Aug 2015, 10:49
#1 David Madsen - I know he is one of the designated hate characters and a lot of his actions are indeed questionable, but if you look beyond his actions to his motives, I think its fair to say that his heart is in the right place.
#2 Man in beige shirt jacket outside the two wales diner in episode 2 - Cynical ass but his dialogue made me laugh and reminds me of myself.
#3 William - he seems like a totally awesome guy and great dad. if I had the ability to save one person in the game it would be him because he makes a lot of the people around him happy.
#4 Kate - She's lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Alvare
1st Aug 2015, 11:59
Of course David too. He reminds me very much of my step dad. Couldn't kick him out so I sided with him. He also gained a lot of respect from me for collecting all the evidence.

s-jay2676
1st Aug 2015, 15:11
Chloe, because I really like and enjoy characters who have issues and struggle through their lives.

Alvare
2nd Aug 2015, 11:15
Can't believe how well Dontnod managed to make all characters re-appear with a little depth added to them.
I could even make a new list with different names ending on top now. :D

Xeva-q
2nd Aug 2015, 13:23
David is clearly most likable person in Arcadia Bay. And that sayin a lot.

ByouRei
2nd Aug 2015, 17:53
Max, David, Broke

LordBattleBeard
2nd Aug 2015, 19:26
I thought I'd make it more interesting and I was also interested to see which characters were out ahead.

How points are earned

3pts for a users 1st choice
2pts for 2nd choice
1pt for 3rd choice
.5pt for 4th and above

Favourite characters by points earned (so far)

Max - 39
Chloe - 17
David - 12.5
Kate - 7.5
Joyce - 6.5
Mark Jefferson - 3
William - 2.5
Dana - 2
Man in beige shirt jacket outside the two wales diner in episode 2 - 2
Brooke - 1.5
Warren - 3
Alyssa - 0.5 (12 through 23 are in joint place)
Courtney - 0.5
Daniel - 0.5
Frank - 0.5
Justin - 0.5
Nathan - 0.5
Mark - 0.5
Mr.Wells - 0.5
Samuel - 0.5
Stella - 0.5
Taylor - 0.5
Victoria - 0.5

Peritvs
4th Aug 2015, 01:26
1.Max-she's probably one of my top 5 favorite protagonists overall rightnow.
2.David-He seems like the only the authority figure that's trying to make a difference.
3.Chloe-usually characters like her are my favorite but Max and David are just too interesting in my opinion.

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 04:05
1. Kate: She seems to be the only genuine person. Anyone else feel bad when Jefferson tried to pin all the bullying she was experiencing on her?
2. Max: Do I need a reason.
3. Joyce: She needs a little love too. She's dealing with a rebellious teenage daughter. Plus, I have want some of her cooking.

Smashm0uth3g0
5th Aug 2015, 05:53
1) Chloe
2) Max
3) William
4) Dana

Sneddonator
5th Aug 2015, 07:25
In no order of preference:

Joyce, William, Chloe and Max. Davids coming up the like meter.

RanXYZ
6th Aug 2015, 11:43
1. Max, hands down. You feel like you want to protect her, but deep down you know that her will is way stronger than yours - I would have been madly in love with her if she was in my school. And real. Anyway :)
2. Joyce. She's like, too cool to be real. Strong, responsible and nice at the same time.
3. Chloe. For the enthousiasm and the "I've got something broken in me but I'm too proud to ask for someone to fix it" feel. Well, "punk" for short.
4. Warren. This little guy is great, nerdy but both sensible and courageous. And he has good tastes since he loves Max.

theleast
7th Aug 2015, 04:02
Max, Max, then Max, followed by Max, then Chloe, then Max.

Seriously, I keep vacillating wildly between being in love with Max, and wanting to *be* Max.

Ravenda
7th Aug 2015, 15:09
People might hate me for this but it's Mr. Jefferson for me... I love his character development and the way he's been set up as the antagonist has created a huge effect among the fans which is what's made him such a great villain! The fact that he receives so much loathing from fans shows how good a antagonist he really is. Also I think his persona is just amazing, and couldn't have been better. So I'm one of the few of the brave to go ahead and say Mark Jefferson, I just think he's an absolutely amazing character so thank you Dontnod!

http://i.imgur.com/7uY5O0b.png

Tataboj
7th Aug 2015, 17:36
Chloe for sure.

Don't know if you guys are aware but there's a favourite character poll on the life is strange wiki homepage and Chloe has the most votes more than max surprisingly.

Max and nobody else, ever!! :) I kind of agree with Theleast but I like many other characters too ;). I was very surprised how Nathan's character had developed. He was like an archetypal villain but now I feel sorry for him, especially when I let Warren beat him down. He has serious problems and that isn't his fault.

OHWceta
11th Aug 2015, 18:23
Kate, followed by Warren.

Kate, because of everything she goes through, I used to be suicidal so I sympathize. And I like how the whole world around her is going crazy and corrupt but (aside from the drugging) she still maintains a sort of innocence (particularly when you visit her at the hospital) and ability to forgive even Victoria.

Warren, he's a Doctor Who Nerd (His avatar is the TARDIS in one of the computer screenshots Max checks) and I totally relate to him in every way. Down to a similar taste in girls, and movies. Plus the Nathan beatdown makes him my hero.

LordBattleBeard
11th Aug 2015, 21:18
Max and nobody else, ever!! :) I kind of agree with Theleast but I like many other characters too ;). I was very surprised how Nathan's character had developed. He was like an archetypal villain but now I feel sorry for him, especially when I let Warren beat him down. He has serious problems and that isn't his fault.If you felt sorry for him why did you let Warren beat him down? Not judging. just curious ;)

Kate, followed by Warren.

Kate, because of everything she goes through, I used to be suicidal so I sympathize. And I like how the whole world around her is going crazy and corrupt but (aside from the drugging) she still maintains a sort of innocence (particularly when you visit her at the hospital) and ability to forgive even Victoria.

Warren, he's a Doctor Who Nerd (His avatar is the TARDIS in one of the computer screenshots Max checks) and I totally relate to him in every way. Down to a similar taste in girls, and movies. Plus the Nathan beatdown makes him my hero.Totally agree with you on Kate. Her ability to forgive and see the good in people is beautiful and believable.

I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times... :eek:

Tataboj
12th Aug 2015, 08:07
If you felt sorry for him why did you let Warren beat him down? Not judging. just curious ;)

Well, 1st - because I don't want him to have the gun.
2nd After what I found in his room... I was quite sure he deserved that
3rd Evidence for changing my mind is in the Dark Room and until the very last scene he seemed to kill Rachel etc. :)

Totally agree with you on Kate. Her ability to forgive and see the good in people is beautiful and believable.

You can't forgive when you're dead...

I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times...

They seem like a great couple. I'm trying very hard to make them together and it is finally starting to progress. :)

LordBattleBeard
12th Aug 2015, 12:56
Well, 1st - because I don't want him to have the gun.I see your point and this was one of my considerations in making a choice too. But after the whole Chloe/Frank gun thing where it all led back to Chloe having a gun anyway, it seemed to put less weight to that argument for me. I also factored in that Nathan was rich and money rules; so he has the means to acquire another gun if he wants to anyway.

2nd After what I found in his room... I was quite sure he deserved thatI've never been much of a fan of vigilante justice but I suspect its me whos in the minority in this scenario ;)

3rd Evidence for changing my mind is in the Dark Room and until the very last scene he seemed to kill Rachel etc. :)Yeah I think a lot of people thought this. I wasn't entirely sure at the time but I wasn't sold on the whole Nathans a bad guy message the game was trying to sell us.

You can't forgive when you're dead...Lucky for me I managed to save her. I'd have been devastated if I hadn't. I saw a few playthroughs afterwards where people didn't manage to.. that was hard to watch.

They seem like a great couple. I'm trying very hard to make them together and it is finally starting to progress. :)To each their own. I hope you succeed :D

OHWceta
12th Aug 2015, 16:15
You can't forgive when you're dead...

I ALWAYS save Kate...... ok, ONE playthrough I had to see the other outcome.....

But her attitude in the hospital towards Victoria says it all. At this point in the game I'd probably do just about anything for Kate.

I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times...

I have a serious problem of being too much of a nice guy and coming across that way. So I can totally relate to the guy. He is your typical late teens male (17-18 I assume) so it's likely he'd be curious about sexy Vortex Club party videos (likely not knowing she'd be so relentlessly bullied over it later). What I really love is that Nobody is really a Mary Sue, Warren has his flaws, Warren watching that video kind of proves Kate's statements about EVERYONE at Blackwell. Warren isn't some infallible magic being immune to being a jerk just because he's a main character. Plus he redeems himself a bit (He brings Kate's schoolwork and books to her in the hospital).

Tataboj
12th Aug 2015, 17:19
I ALWAYS save Kate...... ok, ONE playthrough I had to see the other outcome.....

I'm making just one playthrough where are my first decisons and friends' that wanted to try it. :)

OHWceta
13th Aug 2015, 23:05
I'd have 9 playthroughs.. but I'm only allowed to save 3 files.....

On a different note, back to the original subject. Alyssa has to be one of my favorite minor characters. Probably because she reminds me of one of my friends. I like how they actually introduced a chubby character who wasnt totally unappealing or reduced to some horrible stereotype roll.

Knuxs7
17th Aug 2015, 15:02
I liked Lisa the houseplant too (must be the way Max sounds when she speaks to her when she goes to water it), initially I thought she was a stylish Umbrella Plant (http://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/umbrella-plant-schefflera) happily growing away in a teenagers dorm as they do. But then I realised she was some kind of Ficus Plant!

theleast
17th Aug 2015, 15:14
I liked Lisa the houseplant too (must be the way Max sounds when she speaks to her when she goes to water it), initially I thought she was a stylish Umbrella Plant (http://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/umbrella-plant-schefflera) happily growing away in a teenagers dorm as they do. But then I realised she was some kind of Ficus Plant!

I bet someone at Dontnod knows exactly what species the plant is, along with its scientific name, and how often it really needs to be watered in Oregon in autumn. I identified the owl we see in Episode 4 (not a spoiler) as a Western Screech Owl and yes, it's native to Oregon, where the game is set.

Dontnod sure did their research.

Det_Forrester
17th Aug 2015, 16:46
My favorite characters? Well, if I had to choose, it would be...

Max - Not just because of her being the main protagonist, but because of how she slowly goes from being the shy, reluctant and timid girl everyone refers her as, to being a more confident, protective and wise girl with a great power that she can use to be a hero by saving lives, a detective by getting info from people through conversations and then rewind without them knowing they told her, and a ninja by sneaking past people while rewinding without being noticed.

Chloe - The relationship between her and Max is cute. I do like how she supports Max on being a cool photographer and encourages her to have more confidence, and how she looks out for Max like she is looking out for her with her rewind. Also, I like how more protective she was of Max in episode 4.

Kate - She's a sweet girl, and deserves to have a better life than what Blackwell can offer. I also love her bunny, Alice.

Warren - I like how he's always willing help to Max with whatever problem she has, with time-travel research, pipe bomb, and being her white knight against Nathan.

-Mono-
26th Aug 2015, 22:12
Chloe - 100%
She's a woman molded by a tough life, shes strong but also fragile. A crumbling rock being eroded by an endless sea...
She's exactly my type of girl, tattoos and all. The punk rock look hits me like ecstasy and her personality makes my heart melt out of the corner of my mouth.
She's a puzzle with a dozen missing pieces yet she's still held together.
A single drop in a limitless ocean...

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/97d5767d3e9acf0430a79bd12c680bcc/fxkkz3n/1YVnl04ry/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_djzt9ii3308wgo40ksccgccw8_640.png

How can you not fall in love with that?

Ross42899
3rd Sep 2015, 22:18
My favorite Characters are definitely Max, Chloe, Warren and poor Kate without any doubt. I can symapthize with them and understand most of their actions & behaviors (even if their actions are sometimes wrong).

Although they are not the one dimensional "evil" characters/opponents they seemed to be in episode one, I simply can't stand Victoria, Nathan or David Madsen. They just act too weird and crazy for my taste. And always seem rude even if they mean well.

jadehill2001
9th Sep 2015, 06:21
I love Warren. I'm surprised reading this that he's not that popular really

I also like Kate and Nathan (who I don't think is the bad guy Max thinks he is)

I liked William too - I was more upset letting him die than I was Chloe who I'm not that keen on

LostBoy69
11th Sep 2015, 03:03
Definitely Chloe, she's just such a great character that I've grown really attached to. I also think that the relationship between her and Max is really cute.

Alinko
11th Sep 2015, 03:50
God damn, I really want to date Max.. It's too bad she's so pixelated and not real. It's a real bummer.

KristaD
1st Oct 2015, 15:40
I'll just keep this simple, I'll go for Chloe. More or less an animated version of me when I was 16-18, though the appearance is a bit different, I got a police record and been kicked out of a college as well.