PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 2nd July 2015

Saikocat
2nd Jul 2015, 15:25
League Rankings

This game update brings with it the start of a brand new exciting feature for Nosgoth – League Rankings. The Leagues system gives all players the chance to try some competitive ranked matches in the game, and earn goodies in the process.

We’ll be running an initial Alpha session for a week, from Thursday July 2nd through Wednesday July 8th, during this specific time window each day.

11am PDT to 8pm PDT / 7pm BST to 4am BST

For more information, head to these blog updates:

"Nosgoth Leagues Alpha Starts Today" http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-leagues-alpha-starts-today
"Intro to Ranked Play", a run-through of the League system http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/intro-to-ranked-play

Bug Fix

The "instant respawn" bug has now been fixed

Shikei001
2nd Jul 2015, 15:51
The "Blood" tier will be renamed to Platinum at a later date.
Don't change Blood :'(

Blood Rank sounds awesome *____*

That aside... Nice work Psyonix and Square Enix looking forward to test the **** out of it :DDDDD

AntiqueGod
2nd Jul 2015, 15:57
How does Witchfire effect looks like?

Farnbeak
2nd Jul 2015, 16:07
This is so sad, all of the testing for Drag the body/Flashpoint and now Leagues is always at 10pm-7am for Moscow. Nosgoth and daywork in constant conflict :(

Is there any chance this or future testing periods start at least 1 hour earlier? It would allow those 2-3 happy matches before sleep :D

AntiqueGod
2nd Jul 2015, 16:15
Btw, why hunter skin? Hunter got already enought love.
Look at poor prophet and vanguard.

Saikocat
2nd Jul 2015, 16:17
Btw, why hunter skin? Hunter got already enought love.
Look at poor prophet and vanguard.

Prophet and Vanguard are also getting the Prestige skins (as the other Humans have), but for this reward we wanted to make sure it was something everyone could use, for this first one at least.

The plan will be to have other skins for other seasons, too.

AntiqueGod
2nd Jul 2015, 16:24
Prophet and Vanguard are also getting the Prestige skins (as the other Humans have), but for this reward we wanted to make sure it was something everyone could use, for this first one at least.

The plan will be to have other skins for other seasons, too.
And remember hunter got also skin from chests... so...
Atleast deceiver skin would be nice...
But anyway guys good job, i just hope you could add more time for testing.

Saikocat
2nd Jul 2015, 16:32
How does Witchfire effect looks like?

I'll try and share a screenshot or video once we have one :) Here's two quick screenshots for now:

http://i.imgur.com/pamTcYzl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/pamTcYz.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/UYIgd0al.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/UYIgd0a.jpg)

This is so sad, all of the testing for Drag the body/Flashpoint and now Leagues is always at 10pm-7am for Moscow. Nosgoth and daywork in constant conflict :(

Is there any chance this or future testing periods start at least 1 hour earlier? It would allow those 2-3 happy matches before sleep :D

I'm afraid they're based around peak timings/activity, but I'll share the feedback with the team.

AntiqueGod
2nd Jul 2015, 16:35
Hey! What about crafting materials? Are you going to add them in store?

ApollosBow
2nd Jul 2015, 16:46
Witchfire items available to purchase in store?

Zarxiel93
2nd Jul 2015, 17:41
But the new Hunter skin is now avaible or not?

Shikei001
2nd Jul 2015, 17:45

We’ll also be adding a free awesome Hunter skin during the Beta phase

Since we will be playing the ALPHA test, I'm pretty sure the answer is no^^

Saikocat
2nd Jul 2015, 17:46
Here are some quick videos to show off the effects in motion:

Nosgoth - Hunter's "Occult" Bolt-thrower (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9kq3SaJsLI)
Nosgoth - Reaver's "Occult" Pounce (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBHq3mV7hC0)
Nosgoth - Tyrant's "Occult" Charge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV4kiNHPT98)
Nosgoth - Summoner's "Occult" Hell Strike (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRj_ly_CyD4)
Nosgoth - Scout's "Occult" Storm Bow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO_foD7Osw8)

Hey! What about crafting materials? Are you going to add them in store?

No Forge changes in this patch, but once there's news on that I'll let you know!

Witchfire items available to purchase in store?

They're just part of the League system at this time.

Farnbeak
Thx for your reply, Saikocat,

I can only build my knowledge on open sources like steamdb.info, where player count at the time of this comment is about twice the player activity during the last hour of chosen testing timeframe, so it made sense to propose that to you, guys! But you've got the true values :) It's just that i want to play leagues and btw most of my Nosgoth friends i cared to ask (mostly german) totally agreed that "an hour earlier would be nicer" too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this consideration with the team) I'd be grateful if it worked out :thumb:

P.s. Those witchfire items are nice, wish I have a chance to grab one at Saturday night

Saikocat

No, not yet, it will be a reward during the Leagues Beta. The concept art is just so you can see in advance what it'll look like :)

Saikocat
2nd Jul 2015, 18:03
We're back online now!

Fatereaver
2nd Jul 2015, 19:09
Performance is now at an all time low for me... Crash every 2 rounds. I have verified the game files, reinstalled the game, downloaded the latest video drivers and am now following this advice http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12706 .
Have also written a thread in the tech support forum. :(
I just really want to play and earn that banner and hunter skin, but all I get are leaver penalties that will just make it harder for me to earn them... :'(

Shikei001
2nd Jul 2015, 20:31
Players who drop from a game will be rejoined to it if we can.

Apparently this is a lie^^
I know from 3 different player that they could not rejoin and both had the leaver penalty.

One had to close the game because he could not spawn (that old bug), and the other two simply crashed^^

eXmoRtiZ
2nd Jul 2015, 20:47
AFter 5 matches, the league page always frozen out. I mean syncing league, and the game frozen out. And after all match :(

Wolf_the_Legend
2nd Jul 2015, 20:55
- after placement in the ladder you cant play ranked anymore because game crashes .... ****

- If some one leaves you cant surrender ****

- if game already won or lost it doesn't end ****

- never see smb rejoin a game ****

- not using unranked to place you in ranked **** (no mater if ur a noob or pro)

- for later ppl should be at least lvl 40 to play ranked (under 100h of gameplay it just makes no sence)

- also would love a "highlander-ranked-mode" (There can be only one [kind of each class]) ... so I could have some actual fun with the clase im not good with because you just get rekt everytime you play them. so different MMR for each class. You can't obviously change class in this mode.

ApollosBow
2nd Jul 2015, 21:12
Ranked needs some further revisions, rather than just slapping the "ranked" text over TD. Also at this point I think getting rid of Team Deathmatch might help this game get into the competitive zone, all TD does is hog what little player base the game has in the mode every game has.

Fatereaver
2nd Jul 2015, 21:25
Game crashed when I completed my 5th match and got my banner. :( Am playing at my lowest settings now and praying not to crash when in a match.

eXmoRtiZ
2nd Jul 2015, 21:46
There is still many bugs:
AFter 5 match (2w/3L) i have my placement at Silver IV. All pplz I know was in Silver IV. After this match I froze out.

Then Won a match: Still in Silver IV I don't get any message to get some point or not. And ofc I froze out.
Then Won a match: It was my 7th match: I got an official window: I'm at Eternal Division. I'm not froze out anymore. (Before this, In league window "my starting league Silver IV , currently Silver IV, now its says Starting league Eternal currenly Eternal)
Then Won a match: And it tell me how much point I got it was a hard match, and got: 0 point (I saw a little yellow bar but it was full, and it says "0 point null." :). I saw players with 1win / 6 loose with 1000 point at eternal Division, I have 8 match (5W/3L) and have 328 point. (As I see below 300 is Silver IV, above 300 is Eternal. I think if u win a match u need to gain some point, it's not motivating if u sweat and got 0 point.

I totally agree with Wolf the Legend.

- not using unranked to place you in ranked (no mater if ur a noob or pro) it need to be used your own league or 1 upper / 1 downer Division. Well it need to be polish to balance it out.
- Need to be lock maximum 2 of each class.
- And I was think: It's V-IV-III-II-I where is I is the higher one. Actually it's a lower one?

Audhumbla
2nd Jul 2015, 21:52
@eXmoRtiZ

At the moment the Eternal division is the top 100 players -> regardless of where those top 100 would be placed otherwise.

I'm thinking of changing it in the future to take from the next league only, or to make some fanfare around promotion. Basically add a bit of friction so it isn't such a sudden jump early on.

RainaAudron
2nd Jul 2015, 22:06
Just tried the ranked matches. If one player leaves, you are stuck playing 3v4 or worse, how is that fair? I haven´t seen anybody to be able to rejoin. And what if they do not want to? Then the rest of the team has to suffer till the match is over and get almost guaranteed loss. :/

Why does it have to throw you out of the lobby after each match?

Vampmaster
2nd Jul 2015, 22:31
I did my 5 matches, got my banner and a silver rank, but now the game locks up whenever it tries to sync up the lead data. It does every time even after rebooting my machine. TDM might still work, but I've not tried yet.

Audhumbla
2nd Jul 2015, 22:43
@RainaAudron

Rejoin should be hotfixed in if it isn't working - I'll have someone investigate.

The problem with adding OTHER people into a 3v4 ranked match is that the result will affect them.

On the plus side: if you stick around when people leave, then as the disadvantaged team you'll get LP that matches that, so you won't lose much at all. If you win it'll be an epic gain.
The players who left however are given the MAXIMUM loss (-14 LP at the moment). So really better to stay in the game rather than leave when it comes to ranked. Also leaving doesn't count towards placement matches.

@eXmoRtiZ
Oh you edited your post!

The initial placement that gave them that LP needs some serious tweaking for the next test - I've already started on it.
The spread for initial placement will be a lot closer together, eternal will probably feed only from blood/platinum or similar.

Also your TDM MMR does feed into a default one for leagues, which then evolves independently. The MMR in leagues feeds into the LP earning equation, along with match results and average MMR of the opposition (to determine if it was a difficult or easy match).

@everyone

We're learning a lot from this alpha, there'll be a fresh test pretty soon afterwards which will iron out a lot of the problems.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye on this space.

Yanislav
2nd Jul 2015, 22:46
Do we need to hit gold once hunter skin is released to get it or is it enough to do it now?

barthez36663
2nd Jul 2015, 23:03
Please fix infinite syncing to league problem asap, , and many other players cant check their stats!

RainaAudron
2nd Jul 2015, 23:04
@RainaAudron

Rejoin should be hotfixed in if it isn't working - I'll have someone investigate.

The problem with adding OTHER people into a 3v4 ranked match is that the result will affect them.

On the plus side: if you stick around when people leave, then as the disadvantaged team you'll get LP that matches that, so you won't lose much at all. If you win it'll be an epic gain.

It isn´t working - nobody can rejoin and you are given a penalty for leaving a match. I just had to leave like 5 matches straight as the player imbalance occured every time... Just had 2v4, that isn´t any fun :/

Truckposeidon
2nd Jul 2015, 23:41
I cannot check my stats my game freezes on syncing league data and I have to restart my computer. Also I froze after my 5th placement match.

Vampmaster
3rd Jul 2015, 00:08
The players who left however are given the MAXIMUM loss (-14 LP at the moment)

Highlighing this to players before they confirm they want to quit would go a long way as a deterrent IMO. The league's way of matchmaking seems more balanced than TDM so far. If more people agree after further testing, perhaps a similar algorithm should be used for that too.

GenFeelGood
3rd Jul 2015, 02:55
First day of playing ranked and this is my experience. The solo matches have been one sided, though my performance seemed to be very lacking today. After finishing the five matches I processed to a frozen screen where it says it is syncing the league data. League is completely inaccessible and not just for me. I was in a lobby with four others who had the banner for completing the five matches and had also experienced the same freeze that blocks them from league. I have yet to find anyone that has been able to access the league.

Audhumbla
3rd Jul 2015, 04:16
@Vampmaster

Definitely we'll have to look at doing this. Following the alpha and beta test series there'll be a lot of messaging/feedback improvements.

Grisamentum
3rd Jul 2015, 05:33
I got the infinite syncing to league thing aswell. After the 5th match & also when I tried to look at league stats page upon closing & reopening Nosgoth.
Liking the witchfire, though. I got Occult Disguise after my first match :thumb:

pidden
3rd Jul 2015, 05:41
After 5 games i get, nosgoth not responding and freezing up every time it syncs with league.
Had 2 games were one side lost an player and never got replaced.
Really like the concept, got alot more to play for now
Nice one.

Sirfy1
3rd Jul 2015, 05:42
Played my 5 matches:

As others stated, I also got the game freezing on the end screen after the 5th match that states what rank you got put in.

The biggest irritant are the leavers. Tho it's good to know that it's SUPPOSE to have a rejoin option in case you crash, but it's obviously broken still. Only one of my 5 matches were 4v4. My first one ended up being 1v4. But they were still more evenly matched than most TDM games I've played. Maybe I just got lucky? [after reading some of the responses here]

I'm also confused at how the pairing of teams is suppose to work. Cause the MMR seems to be all over the place. People with 15 hours with people with 1000+hours...I can imagine with how small the player pool is that this would be an issue to have people with any MMR ranked together...

As someone else asked, is hitting gold NOW enough to get the hunter skin? Or do we have to currently be in Gold when the skin is released? I'm really loving the skin and looking forward to seeing it in action.

Overall, I've been enjoying this update with the ranked matches. They're pretty fun and gives me something new to work towards!
I also really dig the new animated immortal banner! It was always my favorite founder's banner and was happy to see that it got some extra love.

Ysanoire
3rd Jul 2015, 08:44
Feedback so far:

technical problems:

- game freezes very often when synching league data

- when it doesn't freeze on the leagues screen, sometimes after a few minutes all the data disappears; it tells me I don't have a rank yet or ranked friends.

- at the end of the match, sometimes there's a "leagues" section that tells me my points and if I'm eligible for a rank-up, but at other times there isn't.

general:

- as expected, mm in leagues sucks just as much as the normal mm; there just aren't enough people playing. It doesn't matter where you place, you're going to play with noobs and pros in the same match and half the time you're going to play outside your region because there are only ever 10 people in the entire world playing at the same time.

- a better idea is needed on how to deal with uneven matches. I get it that the games should be closed because noone wants to join a match in progress and lose points for it, but what are the other 7 people supposed to do? There are no bots in this game to help the disadvantaged team. I don't know what to suggest atm. Obviously the reconnect option should be fixed, as DCs and glitches are very frequent.

- please finally make the match end when the outcome has been decided. Really!

AntiqueGod
3rd Jul 2015, 08:54
You should lock players who leave the game for long time + no exp + no gold + shame banner.
Yes, shame banner. Somekind of ugly banner what you can't change for a while.

Saikocat
3rd Jul 2015, 09:38
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback, we're monitoring this all closely and investigating the issues you've reported.

Regarding leavers:
- There is a rejoin option, though it seems from some reports that isn't working for everyone, so we'll be looking into that to clear that up
- Leaving does result in a penalty, as Audhumbla posted, so you get the worst result from that kind of match (as if you lost against a lower ranked team).
- We'll update the in-game notes to make that clearer, and the feedback will help us improve it for further releases too

As someone else asked, is hitting gold NOW enough to get the hunter skin? Or do we have to currently be in Gold when the skin is released? I'm really loving the skin and looking forward to seeing it in action.

I'm afraid not, not during this Alpha, as mentioned in the blog it's something we're going to add in the Beta. During Alpha, the rewards are double XP, the player banner (for doing 5 matches) and a chance at getting the Occult drops.

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2015, 09:46
The dev`s blog post mentions Australians looking for adjacent servers in Europe. I doubt 350ms ping will be enjoyable for anybody in these matches.

Saikocat
3rd Jul 2015, 09:55
Ranked needs some further revisions, rather than just slapping the "ranked" text over TD. Also at this point I think getting rid of Team Deathmatch might help this game get into the competitive zone, all TD does is hog what little player base the game has in the mode every game has.

Not everyone will want to play competitively, so getting rid of TDM isn't really an ideal solution unfortunately. As far as the mode being different goes, it's something we call out in Jonathan's more detailed blog, but we'll be able to run different modes and settings for competitive, depending on feedback.

White2abbit
3rd Jul 2015, 12:38
Ever since the patch I've been getting 5fps.. I was getting 60 prior.

I have tried lowering every setting but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions? because Nosgoth is unplayable for me right now.

CptUncino
3rd Jul 2015, 13:51
Ever since the patch I've been getting 5fps.. I was getting 60 prior.

I have tried lowering every setting but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions? because Nosgoth is unplayable for me right now.
There is a discussion about fps problems and how incrase your framerate here ->http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149175

RM|Atmosphere for what it matters.
Then, I played some mathces and, once ranked silver, I was thrown in ethernal winning just one match (Ethernal 30-20-ish I dunno 'cause crashes). I have to say that it seems to be really luck dependent, for istance I know a lot of esl player sightly stronger than me stuck in gold or even silver because scrub teams. Is really not possible to lose a match dealing over 40k damage, this fact is really frustrating and creates a lot of reasons to start flaming others. Also if i'm playing ethernal I expect to face other ethernal player, at least blood or gold guys, not dudes with 16 hours of Nosgoth.
Another thing, when a team is losing hard it may starts to flame the last one due to make him quit and so losing with not that lot of point wasted (if this thing will be implemented). Solutions would be something like Dota2 low priority, prevent further points accumulation, tempban like in counterstrike (not just 3 minutes ofc..) for leavers. Then in every ranked match of every game if a team loses a guy it will reamain 3v4 (or whatever), the only difference is that here there are no bots to help (but how can a bot help in nosgoth??), or a mechanism like there is in Dota (when a player leaves his teams gets all his gold an +Gold per minute)... I dunno if they should implement something like buffed stats for the teams lacking a member, it's a very risky path, in my opinion.

Saikocat
3rd Jul 2015, 17:01
Hi all,

Regarding the synching league info bug:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=157273&p=2136137#post2136137

Hi everyone,

We're aware of an issue that's being reported with League Rankings where you may get a "Syncing League Data" screen, while the gang appears to hang. The issue will be resolved in a future update, but please note that this screen doesn't mean your game has crashed, but is just loading something in the background. Please leave it to load for a few minutes and you'll be back to playing again.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Louves
3rd Jul 2015, 17:29
The issue will be resolved in a future update, but please note that this screen doesn't mean your game has crashed, but is just loading something in the background. Please leave it to load for a few minutes and you'll be back to playing again.

Waited for 30 min and nothing was happening. Restarting the game takes about 2 min so maybe waiting is not the best solution :)

KaininitePriestess
3rd Jul 2015, 20:22
I'm having the game freezes when I try and play ranked matches after I was placed in a League. :C Hopefully something can be fixed soon, 'cause I was enjoying that mode! Got into Gold IV and everything!

Also, that being said, if we reached gold during the Alpha, will we get the Hunter skin when it's released, or only when the Leagues go into the Beta stage and we play all over again?

Sirfy1
3rd Jul 2015, 20:44
I'm afraid not, not during this Alpha, as mentioned in the blog it's something we're going to add in the Beta. During Alpha, the rewards are double XP, the player banner (for doing 5 matches) and a chance at getting the Occult drops.

Thanks for the response :) I just didn't know if it would roll-over or not. Still enjoying it!

CptUncino
3rd Jul 2015, 20:56
My suggestions are:
-Do not allow people under a certain level to have access in the ranked system.
-Make this whole thing works, I'm still Ethernal and almost never met another one so far. You need to make balanced matches with the scheme Ethernal+Blood+Gold; not Ethernal with bronzes or new recruit vs Gold and silver team. This will be a "balanced" match anyway, balanced meaning the Ethernal player will do around 40k damage spitting blood and getting mad thowards a team not at his level at all. Yeah... matches are always in a span of 4-5 points but is like playing 4 Vs 1+3 flesh walls.
Not rewarding at all.
It seems worse than pub games.
Think it over.

Louves
3rd Jul 2015, 22:12
My suggestions are:
-Do not allow people under a certain level to have access in the ranked system.

I completely agree with that. Ranked should not be a place where I have to explain basic game mechanics to my teammates (like it is right now).

Jallford
3rd Jul 2015, 22:57
If people can't hotjoin we could really do with a 'surrender' option. Wasting 20 minutes in 1 v 4 matches isn't fun at all. Do I get a leaving penalty if I leave these matches? 3 of 5 initial matches today ended up in this situation (from the 1st round), it really didn't give a good first impression.

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2015, 23:00
1st match: 1 leaver. Draw
2nd match: 2 leavers. Loss.
3rd match: 1 high pinger. 1 guy with reaver default loadout saying he's lv3 scored 0-8 2k damage. Loss

Dont know if I want to waste more time tomorrow for the banner. It really just is frustrating to outscore the team by a wide margin and then take the same loss as they did. Thanks for tanking my rating into oblivion for circumstances I have no control over.

barthez36663
3rd Jul 2015, 23:56
Lot of leavers and some i cant even blame, cos mm i so random there is enormous skill and level gap beetween players that 80% of the matches are unplayable/ boring. Im getting really afraid about this game cos we always wait entire month to get a new patch with not much content and mostly end up dissappointed with a bag of new bugs, and fps drop.

Sirfy1
4th Jul 2015, 03:11
I noticed another thing today.

While waiting 10-15min to get into a ranked game, I get in a lobby only to instantly get a message "you have been kicked from the party" and get kicked from the lobby..having to wait another 10-15min to get in. Happened twice today.

eXmoRtiZ
4th Jul 2015, 05:16
@fireworks, @barthez: It's totally fine. (the leavers NOT) U get into a bottom, but u actually have a better skill so u have some easy matches to climb up. But the others actually stuck down there. That's all. The first 5-10 match is totally random. If u win one u get better enemies, if u loose one u get worse enemies. After 2 lose, ofc u have "beginners". But the enemies not too good too.

Shikei001
4th Jul 2015, 08:10
I'm with exmortiz on this topic ;)

I sense a lot of hate here.. But u have to remember certain statements....

First this is an ALPHA test for a NEW system...
The whole purpose of a Alpha is to figure out problems and get rid of them befor the full release..
Therefore it is good that u all share ur expirence, but don't be so angry ;)
They warned us beforehand that we would encounter problems.

Secondly I think the system is supposed to rank player so they end up in the skill lvl they actually have, but that means we all start at the lowest tier, as does everyone else.
But once u have made it into the next tier u should get only teams from that exact tier (maybe +-1)^^
This also should stop the leaver problem, because the higher ur tier the less u want to loose ur league points.
(right now in the lowest tier no one cares about their league points, mostly they play to get the banner anyway^^)

At least that is how I understood it, pls feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Louves
4th Jul 2015, 08:53
@fireworks, @barthez: It's totally fine. (the leavers NOT) U get into a bottom, but u actually have a better skill so u have some easy matches to climb up. But the others actually stuck down there. That's all. The first 5-10 match is totally random. If u win one u get better enemies, if u loose one u get worse enemies. After 2 lose, ofc u have "beginners". But the enemies not too good too.

then you seem to be very very very lucky :/

FireWorks_
4th Jul 2015, 11:08
I'm with exmortiz on this topic ;)

I sense a lot of hate here.. But u have to remember certain statements....

First this is an ALPHA test for a NEW system...
The whole purpose of a Alpha is to figure out problems and get rid of them befor the full release..
Therefore it is good that u all share ur expirence, but don't be so angry ;)
They warned us beforehand that we would encounter problems.

Secondly I think the system is supposed to rank player so they end up in the skill lvl they actually have, but that means we all start at the lowest tier, as does everyone else.
But once u have made it into the next tier u should get only teams from that exact tier (maybe +-1)^^
This also should stop the leaver problem, because the higher ur tier the less u want to loose ur league points.
(right now in the lowest tier no one cares about their league points, mostly they play to get the banner anyway^^)

At least that is how I understood it, pls feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

They have a fundamental design error in the MMR since moment one. It uses a totally uninformed MMR and it fails for Nosgoth. While it is a state of the art system for games like Dota2 where there are designated carry heroes (getting as much farm and kills as possible) and designated support heroes (that are supposed to sacrifice themselves for the carry and leave as much farm to the carries as needed).
If you dont know how Dota works: Heroes level in a match itself opposed to Nosgoth where there is no change during a match. A support is meant to leave a kill for the carry because he gets higher gold and XP rewards in the round making him stronger. The stronger the carry, the more likely you are to win a match as a team. The term Kill Steal is a real thing there.
A 0-8 support and 20-1 carry is totally normal and likely they won the match cause the carry got the gold advantage over the enemy, while the sacrifice of the support did a good job in saving the carries ass in more than one situation.

This is all not true for Nosgoth. A player with desasterous stats at the end of the match was just a drag and likely caused a loss. Still we get the same MMR system judging by win loss of the team. Kinda tired of pointing it out since we talk MMR for A YEAR NOW!

Fatereaver
4th Jul 2015, 14:37
You should lock players who leave the game for long time + no exp + no gold + shame banner.
Yes, shame banner. Somekind of ugly banner what you can't change for a while.

Right... and what about us poor unfortunate people who keep crashing or suffer game breaking glitches? You do realise we get picked off by the same leaver system currently as it is? I crashed over half of my league matches... This patch is the least stable I have ever had since the game entered closed beta... So please... It is rough enough for those of us that have legitimate technical problems to get slammed with the already existing leaver penalties if not to get your over the top penalties as well... - -

Shikei001
4th Jul 2015, 15:04
Right... and what about us poor unfortunate people who keep crashing or suffer game breaking glitches? You do realise we get picked off by the same leaver system currently as it is? I crashed over half of my league matches... This patch is the least stable I have ever had since the game entered closed beta... So please... It is rough enough for those of us that have legitimate technical problems to get slammed with the already existing leaver penalties if not to get your over the top penalties as well... - -

It seems like the crashes have indeed increased quite a bit..
During the ranked matches I see quite some ppl "leave" where I know that they don't do that normally..

Would be interesting to know if these crashes only increased during the ranked matches, or if this is an overall patch problem and occurs in unranked matches too...

KaininitePriestess
4th Jul 2015, 15:23
Since we don't know when the update will come that allows us to play ranked matches if we have the bug that kicks us in perpetuity, are the Witchfire weapons going to be available in the beta, or only in the alpha?

(Not meaning the thing about the patch in a bad way, of course. Sometimes those just take a long time to figure out and get implemented. :<)

HoopleDoople
4th Jul 2015, 18:28
Something desperately needs to be done to handle quitters/disconnecters. Being stuck in a 4v3 is no fun, being guaranteed to lose a game that actually counts is even worse.

I really used to love Nosgoth but I can't stand that it insists on constantly wasting my time. Either I'm spending 30+ minutes waiting for a match or waiting up to 20 minutes for a horribly stacked match (I'm on the stacked team just as often as I have to face the stacked team) to end.

eXmoRtiZ
4th Jul 2015, 18:32
Plz hotfix League sync bug, cuz it's annoying to restart after all match, and I can't watch my league profile. (BTW later I think It's better if it's reachable from main menu.)

First match Win: 2 days ago I was Eternal > PROMOTED TO Silver II :D Well I didn't play for one day. (And my highest is Silver II it's says) Nice :)

And do something about leavers. Oh and plz, don't start the match if some of the players didn't join at the start of the match. (the 4th one never connects in the game)

senjuj
4th Jul 2015, 18:42
Need STRONG PROHIBITION to participation in leagues for <30-40 levels.

eXmoRtiZ
4th Jul 2015, 19:01
Need STRONG PROHIBITION to participation in leagues for <30-40 levels.

I don't think so. Well it's test now, all players needed for that. Later they stuck on Bronze league, so it's np.

ApollosBow
5th Jul 2015, 03:25
-Plz hotfix League sync bug

-And do something about leavers. Oh and plz, don't start the match if some of the players didn't join at the start of the match. (the 4th one never connects in the game)

^^^This-This-This^^^

the amount of 3v4 iv played in the past 48hrs is hilarious, and since I run Win8.1 I have to restart my machine with the sync bug if I don't quit out of the game right after the match is finished.

The penalty for leaving a ranked match should be more serious than rank and the 3 minutes.....most other game take leaving the ranked mode more seriously, I really think it should be 15 minutes , warning the player before clicking yes leave.

Also please consider adding Witchfire items to store, including on skills not present yet (my wish would be sweeping kick, hope to have a customized witchfire kick sometime)

(Also its weird, in some of the 3v4 it was a landslide victory, like, some of the worst iv ever seen 30-3, I think sometimes the 4th guy that bugs out is actually some low level dude meant to drag the team down big time, but bugs out and the the 3 are Veteran Vamps/Humans.)

On a sidenote, thank you very much for making a solo league, its nice knowing Im not going to get stomped by some pro team.

Vampmaster
5th Jul 2015, 03:57
I think mode specific drops might be a good thing as long as it's a permanent feature. It encourages players to mix it up once in a while and play something other than TDM. I've already mentioned that earth/stone and air/sound are elements in other LOK games that are missing from Nosgoth and the black and red lightning of the cut Kain Reaver would make an awesome 'corrupted' element.

Shikei001
5th Jul 2015, 10:10
I got a question regarding the Alpha test and the tests that will follow:

Will our stats be kept ? Like if I'm already gold, will I start with gold during the next test, or again from the bottom ?

eXmoRtiZ
5th Jul 2015, 10:39
Still annoying bug:

- If i **** up my item at the forge I can't buy a new one. :(

Fatereaver
5th Jul 2015, 18:30
Synching and more synching... And according to task manager Nosgoth is not responding... Can't alt+tab and do something else while waiting because it takes up the whole screen... Yeah... Those occult items better be there for beta to is all I say... Or better yet... In the store! Along with every other special occasion item... Never liked items being locked to a certain one time event or time of the year. :/

barthez36663
5th Jul 2015, 18:34
Can you please push fix asap and dont wait for next update? I dont want to play synching simulator anymore

ApollosBow
5th Jul 2015, 19:33
Can you please push fix asap and dont wait for next update? I dont want to play synching simulator anymore

Yes please.....even for a game in beta having a alpha test of a new mode this is extremely annoying and damaging to any new players view on the game.

eXmoRtiZ
5th Jul 2015, 19:43
Yes please.....even for a game in beta having a alpha test of a new mode this is extremely annoying and damaging to any new players view on the game.

(-New players can't play ranked. But It's a very annoying bug. I signed.)

-Reconnect to league match don't work! My friend dropped out, he tried to reconnect but he was not able to. (Lucky we got fair enemies, and 1 sit out).
- Callvote Pause need after reconnect is fixed.
- Callvote "give up" is need too.
-My other friend can't find a match / ranked match, (Sascha Vykos), just find a match if someone invite him, and find game for him.
-The scoreboard not showing what pplz got. (It's a new one, and only in ranked).
-The portrait of the "vampire/human" is total random, the last played char, not the favourite.
-There are some bugged pplz who got 1000 point at the start.
-Point gain still "interesting". Sometimes it's not showing, sometimes it's refreshing to actual point, but mostly not.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150704/NULl_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

ApollosBow
5th Jul 2015, 22:27
Just got the menu bug, the one that freezes you until kicked for idling.....no doubt lowering your rank rating while giving the 3 minute punishment.

Honestly after this weekend is done I think ranked should be taken offline until issues are resolved, its doing more damage than good, at least in my eyes through frustrating restart issues, leavers/disconnects and bugs.

eXmoRtiZ
6th Jul 2015, 07:17
Those , who can't see the league page I told u: This "season" longs 3 more day. So play bravely, it's just alpha. ~ 2200 pplz participated, it's quite few :(.

ApollosBow
6th Jul 2015, 13:09
Alright Psyonix todays a worken day!! so whats on the agenda? :D

Vampmaster
6th Jul 2015, 13:29

Shower, clothes, breakfast, drive to work. :p (It's 6:30 am in San Diego).

ApollosBow
6th Jul 2015, 13:32
Shower, clothes, breakfast, drive to work. :p (It's 6:30 am in San Diego)

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THEY DON'T SLEEP UNDER THEIR DESKS!!!!! What kinda operation are they running over there! :nut:

AntiqueGod
6th Jul 2015, 21:37
You should be able to open leagues in main tab. While waiting for ranked or sitting in lobby.
Keep going guys, you are doing great job.
MMR system and ranked are probably fine, problem here is low player base. I think you did already your best and we have pretty balanced matches.
Better then year ago in unranked.

ApollosBow
6th Jul 2015, 22:05
You should be able to open leagues in main tab. While waiting for ranked or sitting in lobby.
Keep going guys, you are doing great job.
MMR system and ranked are probably fine, problem here is low player base. I think you did already your best and we have pretty balanced matches.
Better then year ago in unranked.

My main problem is the sync bug after a ranked match and the punishment for a leaver needs to be increased, lock them out of the game for at least 15 minutes. If the punishment is serious then leaver will most likely think twice, right now 3 minute is a bathroom break.

GenFeelGood
7th Jul 2015, 04:32
Well I finally was able to participate in the leagues and I gotta say it has some real potential. The freeze is becoming less and less of problem; and once it gets sorted for those still being blocked by the freeze, the next big issue is the inability to refill a team when there are leavers or crashes.

FireWorks_
7th Jul 2015, 07:34

Shower, clothes, breakfast, drive to work. :p (It's 6:30 am in San Diego).

While I totally think that Psyonix is way behind and should catch up fast in pretty much everything concerning Nosgoth, they are not responsible for the Leagues. The development studio "Square Enix Montreal" did it and still does it.

Concerning Psyonix I gotta say the silence is deafening. Corey and Eric havent posted here in over 7 weeks except for a "read the patch notes". Guess they focus on their other projects now. No money from SE to further develop, so they move on which is natural, though.

eXmoRtiZ
7th Jul 2015, 08:20
No money from SE to further develop, so they move on which is natural, though.

WUT?! U sure?

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 09:10
That's just speculation, and there's no real reason to suggest that they've abandoned the project. Let's not be ringing the death bells right now, especially since they've got another map in the works.

More likely then not, they're just working hard at getting rid of the bugs and don't have any exciting new stuff to report to us, so they don't. Seriously, most of us wouldn't be able to understand the super heavy coding-language stuff that's going on right now. You can't show concept art and 3D models of number-crunching walls of text that are used to figure out what went wrong with the programming, so they just leave that stuff out of the updates.

FireWorks_
7th Jul 2015, 09:37
WUT?! U sure?

No, not sure, and "no money at all" is likely not the case. Its just that contracts run out sooner or later and a studio cant survive if they only rely on one project.

However, it is a save bet to say that Psyonix puts way less effort in the game now, than they did not so long ago.

Vampmaster
7th Jul 2015, 09:56
No, not sure, and "no money at all" is likely not the case. Its just that contracts run out sooner or later and a studio cant survive if they only rely on one project.

However, it is a save bet to say that Psyonix puts way less effort in the game now, than they did not so long ago.

Well they are working on two projects at once. It's been E3, so they've been promoting Rocket League and it was Independence Day at weekend and there's Comic Con that they could be doing something for. It doesn't mean work on Nosgoth has stopped, just that the *promotional* effort is focused elsewhere for the time being. When the devs come to the forums it's mostly in their own time IIRC.

Bazielim
7th Jul 2015, 12:00
Concerning Psyonix I gotta say the silence is deafening. Corey and Eric havent posted here in over 7 weeks except for a "read the patch notes".

Erm?:scratch:
There were 2 Psyonix developers responding to comments on the forums last night before you posted this

FireWorks_
7th Jul 2015, 14:54
There were 2 Psyonix developers responding to comments on the forums last night before you posted this

Read what I wrote:

Corey and Eric havent posted here in over 7 weeks except for a "read the patch notes".

Neither of those you mention were Corey or Eric, the Design Director and Art Lead.

Bazielim
7th Jul 2015, 15:02
To be fair, you did say "Psyonix I gotta say the silence is deafening" - the guys who posted were still Psyonix employees.

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 17:43
Seriously, just because Corey and Eric don't respond doesn't mean the project is going down like the Titanic. o_O They're probably just busy. Let's not get into histrionics, here. You yourself mentioned that they're the "Design Director" and "Art Lead." They're in charge of big areas of development. It's understandable that they'd have less time to post to the forums then other people would.

ApollosBow
7th Jul 2015, 17:56
o_O They're probably just busy.

With what their lives? friends? family?....Take them away I say, that'll motivate them!

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 18:50
With what their lives? friends? family?....Take them away I say, that'll motivate them!

:lol: It's sad because it's true. XD

eXmoRtiZ
7th Jul 2015, 19:03
Today's first ranked: I wait, then I drop in a room: 6 EU player /1 US /1 ASIA.. Aaand we played at US east server. Need some tweaking.

KaininitePriestess
7th Jul 2015, 19:11
It does that on purpose. If there aren't enough people of similar ranking to make a lobby in a specific region, it groups you with people from another region if it can, going to the next nearest.

xNarcissusx
7th Jul 2015, 19:21
It doesn't seem to be adding anything to the league today. Played 3 matches and said 0 points each time. As well as no difference in the League tab for points or win/loss ratio.

eXmoRtiZ
7th Jul 2015, 19:51
No point to test it anymore before a patch. I never get any witchfire after 20 matches. I not get any point anymore. (win 2 match and still 490 point).

Screwby-Dew
8th Jul 2015, 00:06
Today's first ranked: I wait, then I drop in a room: 6 EU player /1 US /1 ASIA.. Aaand we played at US east server. Need some tweaking.

I agree with this, I got a game on an NA server and 7 players in it where from EU, this needs to be tweaked.

Another point, we need a report player system (Or is it already implemented ?) because some players are just being **** in rank leagues, roof camping, trolling, flaming etc... Already met a few people like them and it throws those games entirely, especially when they are on your team.

Also some improvement toward voice communication would be appreciated, including the possibility to mute certain players of your team.

Saikocat
8th Jul 2015, 09:54
Corey and Eric havent posted here in over 7 weeks except for a "read the patch notes". Guess they focus on their other projects now.

Not the case at all. Let's bring the thread back on topic, I want to end this part of the discussion with this. The guys are both still hard at work on Nosgoth, and are working on the game rather than responding here on the forum. There's a lot of work happening on the game and it's keeping everyone pretty busy. You'll be seeing more responses come through from the Psyonix side now we have Ryan working here as well.

Right, back on topic.

We're prepping a hotfix to go out to address the sync issue. This should hopefully go out today, I'll update with a thread about downtime as soon as I can confirm it's going out this afternoon. Regarding Leavers penalties and other stuff that's coming up, Ryan posted an update here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=157478

No point to test it anymore before a patch. I never get any witchfire after 20 matches. I not get any point anymore. (win 2 match and still 490 point).

We had an issue for a little while yesterday that was affecting points, but that was cleared up and points were restored.

Another point, we need a report player system (Or is it already implemented ?) because some players are just being **** in rank leagues, roof camping, trolling, flaming etc... Already met a few people like them and it throws those games entirely, especially when they are on your team.

A built-in reporting system isn't something we have just yet, but it's something we're planning to add as well.

xNarcissusx
8th Jul 2015, 19:53
We had an issue for a little while yesterday that was affecting points, but that was cleared up and points were restored.

Call me crazy but while "everything" is restored, wins does not seem to have counted. My score went from 7/10 to 7/14. And while I did lose one match and left the 4th match when it became 4v3 (mostly because i thought scores werent kept due to the bug but whatever) I definitely won the other two matches.

eXmoRtiZ
8th Jul 2015, 20:31
Still can't buy Illusions (Deceiver ability) . PLZ FIX THAT!!!!

KaininitePriestess
8th Jul 2015, 22:17
Illusions is the base Deceiver ability, you shouldn't have to buy it. o_O

Saikocat
9th Jul 2015, 09:35
Call me crazy but while "everything" is restored, wins does not seem to have counted. My score went from 7/10 to 7/14. And while I did lose one match and left the 4th match when it became 4v3 (mostly because i thought scores werent kept due to the bug but whatever) I definitely won the other two matches.

I'll check up on that with the team!

Still can't buy Illusions (Deceiver ability) . PLZ FIX THAT!!!!

There will be a future store update to add the base abilities and tweak a few other things, that's still coming up, but not just yet I'm afraid.

xNarcissusx
9th Jul 2015, 13:22
I'll check up on that with the team!

Cheers, as a little correction I'd like to point out that in the Summary (I didn't check there because it keeps saying alchemist is my favorite class while I never play it) it actually displayed the correct ratio. I noticed this later, while in the "divisions" tab it displayed the wrong one.