PDA

View Full Version : Deus EX PNP Roleplaying game.

luciferjr
30th Jun 2015, 11:12
I have to mention this as the games aren't enough, not nearly enough to wet the appetite of a 20plus year pen and paper roleplaying gamer like me.
So i'm making this request of square enix and/or eidos....... Please please Create a Pen and Paper Roleplaying game "Deus EX Universe" Rpg. With the support of you the developers the rpg could become the biggest rpg in history, just imagine Character Generation programs that allow you to not only make up your character and print a character sheet but actually allow you to visualise your character.........add clothing/armour to your saved character pic, change your characters appearance depending on what augments you have.

The artwork can be taken from Devs own artwork whether its actually used in-game art or concept art. Just imagine the rpg being on outlet for the devs to use their unused projects, the devs can use the pnp rpg to allow their creativity to flourish as I can only guess that there are many devs in-house that had their ideas rejected, those ideas can be used in the Pnp Deus ex universe rpg.

I am a big fan of "Cyberpunk 2020" but the wait for the new pc game "2077" and any new books for the pnp game has become frustrating. I can clearly see that if there is to be a Deus Ex universe rpg it could (with the developers full support) actually be more popular than Cyberpunk 2020 ever was and still is.

with the correct support and backing from the devs the pnp can be immense.

Please think it over developers.

Minor request; Please buck the trend and let us have a playable demo! PWEASE!!!

xaduha3
30th Jun 2015, 15:05

There was a leak of a preview for the press or something, when HR was nearing the release. It was Detroit only I think. No demo though.

Shralla
30th Jun 2015, 17:47
It could be interesting, but realistically would just be a crappy cash-in.

nomotog
5th Jul 2015, 04:45
You know, now that you mention it, I think I might want to see a DX PnP game. It doesn't really need to be anything official though. That is the kind of thing fans can produce with a nice hack.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jul 2015, 08:34
I have to mention this as the games aren't enough, not nearly enough to wet the appetite of a 20plus year pen and paper roleplaying gamer like me.
So i'm making this request of square enix and/or eidos....... Please please Create a Pen and Paper Roleplaying game "Deus EX Universe" Rpg. With the support of you the developers the rpg could become the biggest rpg in history, just imagine Character Generation programs that allow you to not only make up your character and print a character sheet but actually allow you to visualise your character.........add clothing/armour to your saved character pic, change your characters appearance depending on what augments you have.

The artwork can be taken from Devs own artwork whether its actually used in-game art or concept art. Just imagine the rpg being on outlet for the devs to use their unused projects, the devs can use the pnp rpg to allow their creativity to flourish as I can only guess that there are many devs in-house that had their ideas rejected, those ideas can be used in the Pnp Deus ex universe rpg.

I am a big fan of "Cyberpunk 2020" but the wait for the new pc game "2077" and any new books for the pnp game has become frustrating. I can clearly see that if there is to be a Deus Ex universe rpg it could (with the developers full support) actually be more popular than Cyberpunk 2020 ever was and still is.

with the correct support and backing from the devs the pnp can be immense.

Please think it over developers.

Sounds interesting. Good luck with your request, I hope it happens for you. :thumb:

Lord_Denton
8th Aug 2015, 13:38
I thought we already had a Deus Ex pen and paper rpg. Shadowrun.

nomotog
9th Aug 2015, 05:36
I thought we already had a Deus Ex pen and paper rpg. Shadowrun.

You could use that, but you could hack any cyber punk PnP thing to work. I know there was one made for D20 (odds are more then one.) It's why I don't think you need an official version because you could just introduce the elements you want into whatever system you are comfortable with. It's also kind of nice because you can focus on the elements of the setting you like the most. (Deus Ex is juggling many plates these days.)

Shralla
9th Aug 2015, 06:28
Too much magic and fantasy stuff. I suppose Cyberpunk 2020 would be more similar, but there are also a few other cyberpunk tabletop RPGs.

Lord_Denton
11th Aug 2015, 22:18
Shadowrun has also the feeling of Deus Ex, not just helpful mechanics.

Shralla
12th Aug 2015, 01:22
I've never been into playing or running pre-built campaign settings. The "feel" of the lore doesn't mean much to me.