PDA

View Full Version : The satellite!!

knighthawks
29th Jun 2015, 17:54
Did someone or was someone able to make it interact, on Xray vision seems there is a spot that goes red, i tried to shoot it with explosives rounds with a rifle that penetrate walls and using extra punch rounds but nothing happen!

xp2oms
29th Jun 2015, 19:09
Hahaha I killed someone by making the sattelite drop exactly on a guards head but nothing it was a normal kill

knighthawks
29th Jun 2015, 19:57
Xp2coms please explain, i tried many rifles on this one, and the guard u can kill with is the ine on the roof, but i shot it with many explosives and other hard hitting rounds... But it did not fall or interracted ... So it is weird that u tell me it interacted with you ... Now this guard can be electrified but seems also nice to make the satelite kill him too ...

FatalDragon69
1st Jul 2015, 01:05
When you use your Instinct you'll see a bit on the supporting arm of the Satellite Dish that lights-up Red.....Simply shoot that bit with a normal shot (doesn't have to be an explosive round) and it will fall ok !!

Then all you need to do is simply time it right for the guard to be underneath it when you do !!

Good Luck..........Enjoy !!

xp2oms
1st Jul 2015, 02:09
But then I never got any bonuses for the satelite kill not worth your time haha

Wait a minute laptops need WiFi. ...so if we shoot down the satellite that has to cause things to happen in game oh right! The dude typing on the laptop not sure though. That would make him move to the right building but that would not make sense cuz there is no sattelite hooked up there nor on the left building either hmmmm.

Never mind that's not it haha

John_47_Doe
2nd Jul 2015, 10:16
Have not succeeded to make satellite fall - even with shooting on instinct hotspot.

Anyone has images?

NicolasVerge
2nd Jul 2015, 14:34
Hey guys,

Thanks to you, I just learned that it's even possible! We're tweaking the hit boxes so it's easier to do for the next update. It's possible to do an accidental kill,l but it's really, really hard. It's more of an easter egg in that sense.

Still, you guys are good! ;) Nice find!

Riverhead
26th Jul 2015, 13:30
Have not succeeded to make satellite fall - even with shooting on instinct hotspot.

Anyone has images?

I filmed myself shooting it down.

I'd normally try to get to lure the guard closer by shooting the innocent duck, but he didn't notice this time so I shot at the building while he was passing. With instinct on you can see him coming closer to inspect and I just shot the highlighted part of the satellite. Contrary to
xp2oms' statement, you do get an accident kill bonus. I used the Griffin rifle here because of the instinct ability and the penetrating shots. Sometimes the guard will climb over the duct vent to our side, but the satellite kind of knows where it has to fall and hits him anyway (or maybe I'm just lucky).

Don't get the embed thing to work: https://youtu.be/mezI4suF1CM

knighthawks
26th Jul 2015, 20:04
Very very weird, i tried so many shots with griffin and other rifles and not once it fell, so now am thinking, everytime i tried it the guard was never near ... And i was not actually trying to kill him as much as i was messing around ... Am gonna try and lure him next to satellite and see if anything will change .. Thanks for sharing Riverhead ....

Riverhead
26th Jul 2015, 21:33
Very very weird, i tried so many shots with griffin and other rifles and not once it fell, so now am thinking, everytime i tried it the guard was never near ... And i was not actually trying to kill him as much as i was messing around ... Am gonna try and lure him next to satellite and see if anything will change .. Thanks for sharing Riverhead ....

You're welcome. But I'm afraid that's not the solution, the satellite breaks regardless of the position of the guard.
I'll demonstrate this with a new video :-)

Here I am using the Izanami rifle (the first one you get) and the guard is not near the satellite, he didn't even notice I had shot it down.

https://youtu.be/oNpvHbFK6jk

knighthawks
28th Jul 2015, 18:18
Ok then something is not right ... I believe you are using android? No matter what i try satellite won't fall .... I use ios on ipad ... So am starting to think could be a glitch or bug on ios ... Or at least my device ... Thanks for the videos ....

Riverhead
28th Jul 2015, 21:59
Ok then something is not right ... I believe you are using android? No matter what i try satellite won't fall .... I use ios on ipad ... So am starting to think could be a glitch or bug on ios ... Or at least my device ... Thanks for the videos ....

Yes, I'm playing this on my Sony Xperia Z phone (android). I've been going through app store and play store comment and I haven't found anyone reporting this problem, though there were more complaints about crashes, glitches and bugs by IOS users. A possible cause would be the Apple game center (or whatever it's called). Some say it runs more stable if you disable this, but I can't confirm this obviously.

Maybe you can back up your data and uninstall the game and download it again from the app store and restore your data so you don't lose your progress. I'm not familiar with IOS, so I don't know if it's even possible or not...

I normally don't bother shooting the satellite, because I can get a higher score targeting laptops, ducks, pocketing the 8-ball etc because you'll get 0 points for shooting the satellite if it doesn't kill the guard. I usually shoot him when he's standing near the ledge to have a kill and body disposal in one shot so I don't have to worry about the other guard finding the body and ruining my stealth streak.

Anyway, good luck pal

edit: Actually NicolasVerge explained it perfectly. Maybe this is the big difference between my android version and your IOS version. Since the android version was released later and updated to 1.2.4.... this month it could already be easier for me to hit it. So forget what I said about reinstalling the game, it will be fixed in the next update.

We're tweaking the hit boxes so it's easier to do for the next update. It's possible to do an accidental kill,l but it's really, really hard. It's more of an easter egg in that sense.

I've also noticed that I never use breath control when I shoot it. I'll check if that could make a difference.