PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Square Enix Game Quote!

Popcicle
13th Sep 2012, 16:50
Hello everyone!

We're preparing an upcoming item of interest for Square Enix Members and would like your help in shaping its development. This isn't the first, and won't be the last of many different opportunities that we'd like to pitch to you, the playing community!

Without revealing more about what's involved; we'd like to ask you to supply a memorable quote from a Square Enix game and post it as a reply below. You can be sure that many of the quotes listed here will be utilized in our upcoming Square Enix Members exclusive!

Please use the below format to make this as easy as possible for us to retrieve, for example:

--------------------------------------------------
GAME: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
QUOTE AUTHOR: Albel Nox
QUOTE:
"
Learn to dodge, fool!
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Albel is the kind of character I love seeing in action because he for the most part uses confidence as fuel for his skills, and even when he's bested, he plays off a loss like a casual gift to his opponents. This quote reminds me best of his personality.

Thanks in advance for your help and I can't wait to see what memorable dialogue has stuck with you most!

Grimoire
13th Sep 2012, 17:02

GAME: FINAL FANTASY VII

QUOTE AUTHOR: Vincent Valentine

QUOTE:

"

The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth.......

"

WHY IT[']S MEMORABLE: It perfectly describes the dire situation not only the party, but the entire Planet, is about to face.

Crow
13th Sep 2012, 17:38
Game: Final Fantasy VIII

Quote Author: Squall Leonhart

Quote:

"

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

"

Why It's memorable: This is a quote that doesn't just apply in video games, but in reality as well.

Zomb1esmasher14
13th Sep 2012, 17:41
Game: Kingdom Hearts
Quote Author: Squall Leohart

Quote:

"

We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other.

"

Why ITS MEMORABLE: It describes a special bond between Sora, Donald, Goofy, Leon, Yuffie and Areith.

KingdomH
13th Sep 2012, 18:43
Game: Kingdom Hearts

Quote Author: Sora

"

I'll find you, Kairi.

"

Why it's memorable: That quote starts the journey of Kingdom Hearts II.

Silmaria01
14th Sep 2012, 16:20
GAME: Final Fantasy X

QUOTE AUTHOR: Auron

QUOTE: " Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life. "

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This quote describes the whole concept of the game.

twittermomo
14th Sep 2012, 18:33
here's some of my favorites. and the reason why they are memorable? because they are awesome

"..." - Crono (Chrono Trigger)

"There's a ninja in this painting, you just can't see him." - Professor Fitz Quadwrangle (Quantum Conundrum)

"Bring my beloved Dagger to me!" - Zidane (FINAL FANTASY IX)

"A man who doesn't eat a pork bun is never really a whole man" - Pork Bun Vendor (Sleeping Dogs)

"Kweh." - Chocobo (FINAL FANTASY series)

"I feel epic." - Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)

"Well lookie here, we got ourselves a boyscout" - Barrett (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

"You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain." - Sephiroth (FINAL FANTASY VII)

"Run, run, or you'll be done!" - Kefka (FINAL FANTASY VI)

"pew pew pew" - Tank (Space Invaders)

"Who do you voodoo?" - Black Rapper (Dead Island)

"Wait, they can do that?!?" - Jim Corbijn (Mindjack)

ObamasApprentice
14th Sep 2012, 19:46
GAME: Kingdom Hearts

QUOTE AUTHOR: Sora

QUOTE: "Yes"

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: I think it's a deep and meaningful foreshadow about how complicated the Kingdom Hearts Series is about to get.

toxikberry
14th Sep 2012, 19:50
GAME: Final fantasy IX
QUOTE AUTHOR: Gizamaluke's Bell
QUOTE:

"Cherish this moment, for happiness is elusive"

WHY IT[']S MEMORABLE:

Is a sad truth of life, since i was a kid, thaught me to cherish the present as if there was no tomorrow, at the end only memories are left.

member_10219726
14th Sep 2012, 19:54
"Master Eraqus, you see, is so afraid of darkness, that he too, has
succumbed--not to darkness, but to light. It shines so bright, he forgets that
light begets darkness. And Aqua and Ventus, their lights shine too bright. It
is only natural that they cast shadows on your heart. Eraqus... He is such a
fool! Light and darkness, they are a balance--one that must always be
maintained. Terra...you are the one who shows the true Mark of Mastery, but he
refuses to see it. And I know why. It is because he fears you. Join me. You and
I can do the worlds much greater good, by wielding light and darkness in equal
shares."

~Xehanort, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep</pre>

</pre>

toddysrinni
14th Sep 2012, 19:55
GAME: Final Fantasy IX
QUOTE AUTHOR: Kuja
QUOTE:
"
Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past... Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears. And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue!
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This one quote has so much meaning behind it in the game. It is depressiong, but hold so much truth about life.

joesaysahoy
14th Sep 2012, 20:03
QUOTE AUTHOR: Ansem
QUOTE:
"One who knows nothing, can understand nothing."
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: It enstilled in me a quest for knowledge and a disdain for ignorance. Ansem is the antagonist and that line was likely one of the most brilliantly crafted taunts I had ever heard. I took it personally, as well, because of the astonishingly intimate nature of the story and characters, and the immense amount of time I had devoted to defeating Ansem.

14th Sep 2012, 20:03
html_removedGAME: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
QUOTE AUTHOR: Delita Heiral
QUOTE:
"
html_removedTis my meager lot in this life
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Perfectly captured his sense of hoplessness and his struggles. It set the tone for both him and Ramza, both their relationship and their difference standings in the world.

Keiron_Barker
14th Sep 2012, 20:05
GAME: Final Fantasy XIII

QUOTE AUTHOR: Hope Estheim

QUOTE:
"But at the end of the day, the lie isn&rsquo;t what matters, it&rsquo;s what you do after you tell it. If you work hard enough, you can make it true."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Although its stated in FF-13 it also applies to real life and that if people do something wrong then they can potentially fix things by working hard to do so. It can also be applied to peoples "Hope" and dreams.

jayjizzle
14th Sep 2012, 20:08
Game: Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories

Quote Author: Vexen

Quote: "He belongs neither to the light nor the dark but walks the twilight inbetween."

Dragrider
14th Sep 2012, 20:14
3 of them

Neku Sakuraba: I'm not taking off my pants in the middle of the street! Shiki, DON'T!

Joshua Kiryu: Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible.

Sho Minamimoto: SO ZETTTA SLOWW!!!

LightningPUNCH
14th Sep 2012, 20:18
Game: Dissidia [Duodecim] Final Fantasy 012
QUOTE AUTHOR: Laguna
QUOTE:
"
You'r Getting the Cuchi-cuchi treatment!
"
Why Its Memorable:Its very childish and hilarious too!

member_10674241
14th Sep 2012, 20:19
GAME: Final Fantasy V
QUOTE AUTHOR: Gilgamesh
QUOTE:
"
"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!"
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Because sex has no holding on the tide of battle, and its always morphing time~

member_10025240
14th Sep 2012, 20:30
GAME: Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 3D
QUOTE AUTHOR: Lea/Axel
QUOTE:
"Got it memorized?"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This is not only Lea/Axel's catch phrase but one of the most memorable quotes in the Kingdom Hearts series. As Lea explained to Isa in Birth by Sleep, "I want everyone I meet to remember me. Inside people's memories, I can live forever." It's a phrase that was passed onto Roxas and Xion as well.

GAME: Kingdom Hearts II

QUOTE AUTHOR: Roxas

QUOTE: "Sora. You're lucky. Looks like my summer vacation is...over."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This quote really stuck with me for some reason. Roxas has realized what his fate is and his first thought is vacation, from being a Keyblade Wielder, former member of Organization XIII, and the Nobody of Sora has now come to an end. For those six days he got to be his own person and have friends but now it all ends. Roxas has such a sad story which is why I'm glad he got a happy ending in Kingdom Hearts II.

member_10773776
14th Sep 2012, 20:37
GAME: Final Fantasy 7

QUOTE AUTHOR: Barret

QUOTE:

"

Well to me it looks like a golden shiney wire of hope.

"

WHY IT IS MEMORABLE: It is an odd line, but one of the few times that shows Barret really does try to see the good in a situation, as bizzar as it is at this point.

member_10687282
14th Sep 2012, 20:46

QUOTE:

"

My friends are my power, and I'm theirs'!

"

WHY IT'S MEMORABLE: When Sora shouts these words, they tell the culmination of his journey and the strength he has found throughout it. From starting off as a naive boy eager to explore with Riku and Kairi, Sora has lost his home, lost his friends, and lost his strength to fight the darkness. But now he realizes that he doesn't need his Keyblade, only the power he gets from the friends he's made while sealing the Keyholes. It's the power of his heart and those connected to it that gives him what he needs to find Kairi, find the King, and to conquer the darkness.

aitanabe
14th Sep 2012, 20:57
GAME: Final Fantasy XII

QUOTE AUTHOR: Balthier

QUOTE: "What is the going rate for rescuing princesses these days? Food would be a good start. The good stuff, mind you."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This is arguably Balthier's best line in the game. His excellent sarcastic quips set himself apart from all the other characters.

army_of_renzokuken
14th Sep 2012, 21:26
Game: Final Fantasy Dissidia [012] Duodecim

Quote Author: Lightning

Quote: "I make my own fate."

Why it's memorable: Because it shows that everyone has his/her own story and that he/she will shape it themselves. It is also true in reality as we go through life making descisions of our own. I like to say this when someone always tells me that I can't make it. Telling them that they are not the ones who control my life and destiny

James_Leonhart
14th Sep 2012, 22:16
GAME: FINAL FANTASY VIII
QUOTE AUTHOR: Squall Leonhart
QUOTE:
"

Friend or foe, it depends on the circumstances. That's how we're raised, it's nothing special.

"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Squall Leonhart is my favourite character from SQUARE ENIX´s universe, because his personality is something I can identify with my own. He relies more in his knowledge and reason, more than in brute force. He is the kind of person that thinks before act, even before speak or talk to someone (though his gunblade speaks for him when it comes to Seifer). This quote its memorable, because in life, sometimes, even the best of your friends might be against you, not necesarily in a war, but it happens to stand in our way, or people that disagree with our goals and actions. And like in the phrase, we are raised that way, to confront each other, depending on the circumstances of our lives. It´s to win or win. You don´t need to hate someone to be his foe. This happens with nations as well, and as an "International Relations" student, I am aware of that.

Thanks in advance for your help and I can't wait to see what memorable dialogue has stuck with you most!

NeoLeoSR
14th Sep 2012, 22:22
GAME: Final Fantasis Vll Crisis Core
QUOTE AUTHOR: Zack
QUOTE:

Abrasa tus sueños y pase lo que pase... defiende tu honor!

MOVIE: Final Fantasis Vll Advent Children

Sefirot: Debes saver... que yo nunca me volvere un recuerdo...

YaMaT0
14th Sep 2012, 22:30
Game: Final Fantasy type 0

Quote Author: ACE

Quote: "So it's over, right...."

MrDark
15th Sep 2012, 04:15
Zidane (FINAL FANTASY IX) You don't need a reason to help people.

member_10145683
15th Sep 2012, 06:19
GAME: Final Fantasy VII

QUOTE AUTHOR: Barret Wallace

QUOTE:

"There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on"

Ety
15th Sep 2012, 07:09
GAME: Final Fantasy XII
QUOTE AUTHOR: Reddas
QUOTE:
"
The past can bind a man as surely as irons
"
WHY IT'S MEMORABLE: In this scene, the characters just realized they all missed someone in their lives and Reddas just gives this a perfect conclusion. Not only applicable to the game's story but also in real life: when we go through a difficult period of our existence, we can't just forget it once and for all, there's always someone or something reminding us of it; and it builds us up to move forward as much as it can destroy us.

member_10245377
15th Sep 2012, 07:21

Quote Author: Squall Leonhart

Quote:

"

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

"

Why It's memorable: This is a quote that doesn't just apply in video games, but in reality as well.

This quote has been the staple of what I belive in the world.

amirh
15th Sep 2012, 08:31
cloud:Are sins...ever forgiven?

vincent:...I've never tried.

cloud:you mean?..."never tried"...

the reason I think it's my favourite quote: in my opinion it is talking about the hardest work of humans when they are guilty even a little bit forgiving themselves.another reason is you can never know if the work you want to do will fail or succeed unless you try and if something is never tried by someone it doesn't mean it's impossible.

member_10748435
15th Sep 2012, 08:59
QUOTE:
"
I've been having these weird thoughts lately... Like, is any of this for real, or not?
"
WHY IT'S MEMORABLE: I think it applies to everyone in some stage of their life; we question reality, the validity of our thoughts and if we exist or are just a flower to be buried under the snow. Everyone goes through some stage where they have weird thoughts that may or may not eventually change the rest of their lives. Sora's thoughts happened to put him on an epic journey and I'd like to believe mine will do the same.

Light7
15th Sep 2012, 09:04
GAME: Final Fantasy XIII-2

QUOTE AUTHOR: Lightning

QUOTE: " When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past. As we gaze upon events that cannot be changed, our hearts grow bitter with regret. "

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: It's memorable because that quote from lightning it makes me think of how we're going to be like in the future, how hard we're trying to suceed our dreams but sometimes we must go back to the past do remember what we've done wrong to never do those mistakes again.

Miguifer
15th Sep 2012, 12:32
Game: FInal fantasy IV

Auhor: Kain highwind

Quote: Cecil, Rosa. I have no right to bear witness to your joy, not like this. I will temper myself here, on Mount ordeals. And when, when I've become an even finer dragoon than my father, perhaps then I can return. Until that day comes, I can but wish you well

Why memorable: I think that everyone think the same for someone, but no one do it

member_10175331
15th Sep 2012, 13:50
GAME: Final Fantasy VI
QUOTE AUTHOR: Kefka Palazzo
QUOTE:
"
This is ridiculous! You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Although I've always suspected this line was a Woolseyism that was not present in the original script, it's still Kefka's best line that wasn't lost in translation.

member_10060394
15th Sep 2012, 15:26
QUOTE AUTHOR: Yuna
QUOTE:
"
The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: The final line of the game, and how Yuna feels about Tidus.

----

QUOTE AUTHOR: Lightning
QUOTE:
"
We live to make the impossible, possible. That is our focus.
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Amidst all that was going on, and how terrible it looked for the L'cie, Lightning still manages to pump out a meaningful final speech.

----

QUOTE AUTHOR: Vanille
QUOTE:
"
We held the light of hope in our hearts, and achieved the impossible. Now we live on... To greet a new dawn.
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Vanille pretty much stating that they had finally performed a miracle, and that they would continue to watch over the world till the end of time.

----

GAME: Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII -
QUOTE AUTHOR: Zack Fair
QUOTE:
"
Hey, would you say I became a hero?
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Not only is it the very last line of the game, but it's the question he'd been asking the entire game.

tidusforeverx2
15th Sep 2012, 16:06
QUOTE AUTHOR: Tidus
QUOTE:
"
Listen to my story, this may be our last chance.
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: This opening line dictates everything in life. We are all living our own stories and it could end at any given moment. When we become attached to the world by the telling of our lives those experiences make life meaningful to a select few and they carry those stories and integrate them into the next telling.

I've even had this quote engraved onto my laptop.

felipeneto71
15th Sep 2012, 21:23
'Well, It's Clear the better game was Final Fantasy VII so, my list is:

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy Tatics

Final Fantasy VII - ,Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge Of Cerberus

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy IV

squallcopy
16th Sep 2012, 04:00

Autor: Squall Leonhart

Quotes:

"Are you done yet...? I don't want to talk about it. What am I supposed to say about other people's problems?"

"As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

"Rinoa... Even if you end up as the world's enemy... I'll... I'll be your Knight."

"I don't want to carry someone else's burden."

"To tell you the truth... I worry too much about what others think of me."

"I hate having nothing to do. It gets me thinking too much."

"Someday you're bound to lose everything. Everybody around will be gone. Then what are you left with? Nothing. Nobody... It's so miserable. And inevitable. It's so hard to recover from something like that. I never want to deal with that again. I can't. Even if it means being alone."

"I don't need you to understand me."

"Just another stupid story by a boring adult."

Why its memorable:

read it...

S2Dreza
16th Sep 2012, 15:06
GAME: Valkyrie Profile
QUOTE AUTHOR: Lenneth Valkyrie
QUOTE:
"
"You have served me well my Einherjar."
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Valhalla is a place that you will never forget. Specially in VP and FFXIII-2

Popcicle
17th Sep 2012, 12:23
"You have served me well my Einherjar."

I love that quote!

Sonicfayt
17th Sep 2012, 14:34
Game: The World Ends With You

Quote Author: Sho Minamimoto a.k.a. Pi-Face (lol)

Quote:

"

So zetta slow.

"

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: One of the best antagonists in gaming history (to me), was a real challenge during fights and had top-notch math quotes. Other than that, he always went over the limit in anything he was doing to reach his goal.

Dispossessed
17th Sep 2012, 14:49
"Memories by day become dreams by night."

-Final Fantasy IX

"You scream to emphasize your own empty existence"

-Final Fantasy VIII

S2Dreza
18th Sep 2012, 14:29
Robert Peeler said: I love that quote!

Same here, Robert.

;)

Just like this one: I am Freya! Recall the name on your journey through Hell.

new_tradition
18th Sep 2012, 18:39
Whoa, everybody already said a lot of my favourite quotes, lol. But I still got a couple. Here's one I actually know by heart...

---

Game: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Quote Author: Terra (to Riku)

Quote: "In your hand, take this key. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking, it's wielder you shall one day be. And you will find me, friend. No ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below or above. So long as you champion, the ones you love."

Why it's Memorable: There are actually a lot of reasons why I love this quote. First off, this is the scene where we see Riku gain his ability to wield a keyblade, and we see a Terra perform perhaps his only true act as a Keyblade Master by bestowing the ability. I love the irony that the characters that struggle with the darkness the most are actually connected early on to boot. Then of course there's the actual speech itself. Terra ad-libs half the speech, tailoring it to what he knows about Riku, and what he himself feels. But the core message in the speech is what I believe to be what the Kingdom Hearts series has always been about: friendship. To fight for your friends, to protect them, to be with them, to do everything you can to be together forever...It's such pure and simple concept, and ends up being the driving force for many things that happen throughout the series.

shawnkevin
23rd Sep 2012, 19:53
GAME: FINAL FANTASY IX

QUOTE AUTHOR: Freya Crescent

QUOTE:

"

To be forgotten is far worse than death.

"

WHY IT[']S MEMORABLE: I think back on renknown people who's memory has outlasted their life by an exponent of their living years. Take Cerdic of Wessex for example, he died back in 300 A.D. and his memberance lives on today! I mean the guy carried a friggen harpoon to his dinner table for crying out loud!

vitornavarrete
23rd Sep 2012, 20:18
Well, someone already posted it, but this is just to prove how epic this quote is.

GAME: Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep
QUOTE AUTHOR: Master Xehanort
QUOTE:
"
Master Eraqus, you see, is so afraid of darkness, that he too, has succumbed&mdash;not to darkness, but to light. It shines so bright, he forgets that light begets darkness.
"
WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Master Xehanort, while trying to justify his actions and why Terra should do the same, makes simple and plain the theme of Kingdom Hearts. Like Yen Sid said "After all, light begets darkness, and darkness is drawn to light." But Xehanort makes clear that falling to light isn't good either. Light and Darkness should walk hand to hand and that's why Riku is so epic.

member_10628951
26th Sep 2012, 20:30
I cannot choose one its almost impossible ;p. If I may I like to propose two if I may:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

QUOTE AUTHOR: Ansem the Wise

QUOTE: "I would like to believe maybe he can set things right, a boy like him who touches so many hearts."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: When Ansem said this it hit me hard. At the end of the game when all goes wrong for the three heroes it gives you hope that Sora can save everyone and do it in the most cheerful manner. Ansems whole speech at the end had me in tears and actually very cheerful and happy. Only Kingdom Hearts can pull that kind of emotion out of its fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

QUOTE AUTHOR: Noctis Lucis Caelum

QUOTE: "Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: I read this for the first time about a year and a half ago in a forum (I think neogaf). I found it very cynical and very true at the same time. Noctis is has a very calm and collective nature about him. So when he speaks it sounds like its an absolute. He speaks in absolutes. And plus it sounds very cool :D.

member_10311806
4th Oct 2012, 23:19
GAME:The World Ends With You

QUOTE AUTHOR: Sho Minamimoto

QUOTE:"3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170
67982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810
97566593344612847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432664821339360726024914127372458700660631558
8174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609"

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Never has a game racked my brain this hard before.

genoiscool
6th Oct 2012, 17:46
Game: Super Mario Rpg

Quoteer: Geno

Quote: " I serve a higher authority...."

Why it's notable: Cause it was stated by Geno and that was his most epic line in this game.

Grimoire
15th Nov 2012, 05:51
Tell us your favorite quotes! na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29209477/Tell_us_your_favorite_quotes)!

Grimoire
25th Dec 2012, 12:37
GAME: DISSIDIA [duodecim] 012 FINAL FANTASY

QUOTE AUTHOR: Warrior of Light

QUOTE: " A true knight is defined by that which he protects. "

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Any obstacles may be overcome if you follow your heart, treasure your bonds and stay true to your beliefs.

member_10247755
25th Dec 2012, 14:16

QUOTE AUTHOR: Tidus

QUOTE: "This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here."

WHY ITS MEMORABLE: Succeed or fail, we are all responsible for our own destiny.

Grimoire
25th May 2013, 13:42
Nine months later: any updates, if I may ask?

SpaceWolf87
25th May 2013, 15:19
Game: Final Fantasy 7

Quote Author: Barret Wallace

Quote: You can't give up now! There ain't no gettin' off of this train we on!

Quote Meaning: Don't give up on the Journey.

Atma-Weapon
26th May 2013, 01:17
Game: Valkyrie Profile 2

Quote Author: Lezard Valeth

Quote: "I will not deny you tried, but crude effort is no match for true ability."

Why it's memorable: I've always loved Lezard's character, and this quote fits his persona perfectly. It always made me laugh when I heard this at the end of a battle.

Fastbreak111
27th May 2013, 13:07
Game: Final Fantasy X

Quote Author: Seymour

Quote: "Pitiful Mortal! Your Hope ends here, and your meaningless existence with it!"

Why it's memorable: You've almost made it to Zanarkand, the end of the pilgrimage is in site, you enter a cut scene and who should show up? Seymour, no matter you've killed him twice already, but this time hes back with a vengeance. After a small dialouge he goes into the giant monster machine and kills the hell outta you multiple times unless you've done some serious work on your characters sphere grids. He killed me about 20 times and after each death I ran back down Gagazet to train my people more until I finally beat him. I heard him say it so many times that quote is burned into my memory.