PDA

View Full Version : Old FF7 purchasers get Steam keys?

Montavious
22nd Jun 2015, 03:39
I bought this as soon as it was released on Square Enix's website. Do us old purchasers get a Steam key? Or is there a way now to download the game again?

vinzogonzo
28th Jun 2015, 23:36
yeah.
are you trying to just download your purchase? i had the same problem recently.
you need to go to here (http://store.square-enix.com) (squeenix store), select language, log in, go to orders, and click download. you'll get a launcher that downloads the game, and just go from there :) make sure you copy the serial key by the link as you'll need it.
if you need any help with anything just message back.

AS TO STEAM. from what i know, it's not possible to get the steam version for the non-steam version.

Montavious
30th Jun 2015, 03:52
I go there, and see my info. I see that FF7 is on my account, but there is no download button.

Baem0815
16th Dec 2015, 13:03
I bought the downloadable version of FF7 in Dec 2012 and wanted to redownload it, simply because its registered to my account and i spend money for this game.....BUT I simply can't and have to buy the STEAM Version?! What the Hell? Is there no Free Steam CD-Key if you bought the game in 2012? :( :( :( :(

Baemster
17th Dec 2015, 12:39
Thank you very much for your informations ;) helped a lot!

deathdragonz1
16th Sep 2016, 20:35
I bought FF VII before Square was paired up with Steam, and i would like to add it to my steam library, but the product code i received from square when i purchased the game won't work on steam.

deathdragonz1
16th Sep 2016, 20:37
Also the original download link to the game doesn't work anymore either.