PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth On Becoming F2P

KysyClark
10th Aug 2014, 06:47
Hello everyone just before i start this talk i want to say this is my opinion if you don't like it or disagree that's ok because it's all about opinion ok so let's get to the point i have been thinking a lot about Nosgoth going F2P and i just can't stand it and it really makes me wonder what will happen after it becomes F2P , i imagine there would be more quitters and more cheaters (any kind of cheats) and really annoying players and what not , i just .. don't want to see cheaters , quitters , and mostly i don't want to see laggers because they will probably just ruin the game for most of the people and they might even get disconnected ! , i don't want to talk about this a lot and in detail but that's how i feel about the game going F2P rememeber it's just my opinion i might be overthinking it or just wrong so feel free to say what you have in mind and if you agree or not

OnlyLogic
10th Aug 2014, 07:20
Seriously, bro... Learn some punctuation. It'd make the whole text much easier to read.

As for cheaters and quitters, there are just as many in paid games than in free-to-play games and Square-Enix will be sure to monitor the toxicity of the community. You've nothing to worry about. Technically, the game is already free to play so what you get from the community will be very similar to release.

KysyClark
10th Aug 2014, 07:27
Seriously, bro... Learn some punctuation. It'd make the whole text much easier to read.

As for cheaters and quitters, there are just as many in paid games than in free-to-play games and Square-Enix will be sure to monitor the toxicity of the community. You've nothing to worry about. Technically, the game is already free to play so what you get from the community will be very similar to release.

My bad as you can see English isn't my first language , let's hope you are right or i am going to be so sad because this game is showing so much potential.

LotusBlades
10th Aug 2014, 07:35
I have Left4Dead2 and its not free to play, and yet there is a lot of:
- 7-12 years kids who talk in microphone and ruin games.
- rages / leavers / trolls.
- flamers which harrasing you via voice chat.
- Bug users, who know exact location to ruin your game by using some stupid bugs.

Right now Nosgoth have all the same problems + cheaters + bad matchmaking + bad servers + lots of errors and bugs. This will not change, i havent yet seen any game which has no of such people or problems and i have seen A LOT of them.

KysyClark
10th Aug 2014, 07:48
I have Left4Dead2 and its not free to play, and yet there is a lot of:
- 7-12 years kids who talk in microphone and ruin games.
- rages / leavers / trolls.
- flamers which harrasing you via voice chat.
- Bug users, who know exact location to ruin your game by using some stupid bugs.

Right now Nosgoth have all the same problems + cheaters + bad matchmaking + bad servers + lots of errors and bugs. This will not change, i havent yet seen any game which has no of such people or problems and i have seen A LOT of them.

I understand that every game has 12 year old kids and cheaters and leavers and what not but for a game like Nosgoth which needs a LOT of teamwork and sticking together as a team something like that would hurt the team and even hurt the whole game if the enemy team is kind enough to feel the struggle , i would suggest that Square-Enix takes this VERY seriously and fixes bugs and bans and warns players who cheat and rage and troll , just like other competitive games i do not ask more just be strict enough to stop those kind of players who ruin a gamer's day.

Pisthetaerus
10th Aug 2014, 07:58

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Depending on how popular the game is, f2p games have a lot more cheaters since all they have to do is make a new account if they get banned.

KysyClark
10th Aug 2014, 08:03
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Depending on how popular the game is, f2p games have a lot more cheaters since all they have to do is make a new account if they get banned.

Exactly , just like what's happening in pretty much all F2Ps (especially TF2) but i can only hope they will do something about it when something like that happens ...

OnlyLogic
10th Aug 2014, 10:53
This is why we need community. Once designated servers are up, I'll probably run PuGs like they do for Tribes: Ascend (playapug.com)