PDA

View Full Version : So 47 isn't a hitman for hire anymore?

20th Jun 2015, 01:18
The trailers show really good looking gameplay and cgi where 47 is working for the agency. They stated that all the targets are connected to a Evil corporation. The trailer looks great but the problem is that in the past 47 killed for money and did it for various clients. But both the cgi and gameplay trailer shows him killing people because their evil and not for money, for the agencies agenda and not for various different clients.

Acid_Burn
20th Jun 2015, 09:55
He killed for money and usually his clients payed him to kill bad people.
But we'll see what story IO prepared for the HITMAN after the release. :)

IamRahx
20th Jun 2015, 12:05
Hmm?
I am pretty sure he always worked for the ICA. Sure the contracts were from (sometimes) different people, but it was all handled through the ICA. Only during the period between blood money and Absolution did he do some 'freelancing'. For the rest can't think on a time where he worked outside of the ICA and just for hire.
Plus we only know that the Kwhfhwfhski guy (no idea how to write it) who was shown in the gameplay trailer was connected to IAGO.
We know nothing about tHe other guys that were shown in the debut trailer (guy who kills women and takes pictures/Banker guy/lab guy). So maybe they're all working for IAGO, maybe not.

Acid_Burn
20th Jun 2015, 12:20
My main thought is that 47 never harmed good people. Everyone had their own dirty secrets. And do not judge the game's story by only 2 trailers! :)
Also you know that Diana is back. ;)

MasterTaffer
21st Jun 2015, 10:15
I've always interpreted 47 as being morally indifferent. He takes whatever contracts come his way. It's just the overwhelming amount of contracts he receives are for morally bad people, likely because more people want bad people out of the world.

Of the four contracts in the trailer, who do we have?

Viktor Novikov: Moneyman behind IAGO spy ring.
Strandberg: Involved in Moroccan bank scandal. Fled custody and is hiding in an embassy.
Lab worker: Appears to be working in a lab that produces chemical or biological weapons
Lady killer: Young man with an apparent affluent background who murders young women and takes pictures.

Now, let's think of potential reasons why someone would contract these men dead.

Viktor Novikov: This one is simple: IAGO. We know that the ICA takes contracts from members of state and government officials. We also know that IAGO is about to release a NOC list, which will compromise covert operatives for a major European country. That country probably hired the Agency to take Novikov out.

Strandberg: Whatever this guy did in this Moroccan bank scandal, it's angered people enough that they have gathered outside the embassy where he's sought asylum. A white collar criminal escaping punishment he's due would certainly anger someone enough to commission his assassination. Also a possible IAGO member destabalizing Morocco's banking system from within?

Lab Worker: Whatever this guy is working on in this lab is bad news. 47 puts a single drop into the guy's wine glass, and it kills him swiftly. I'm tempted to say it's biological in some way, given the nosebleed. Biological weapon for IAGO?

Lady killer: This guy I can't find any connection to IAGO. He appears to be a rich playboy who enjoys killing women and taking pictures as mementos. I can't help but thing he was arrested and charged for one or more of these murders and was found not guilty for any number of reasons (perhaps he hired Saul Goodman). Perhaps one of the families commissioned the Agency to take him out as revenge. Wouldn't be the first time in this series something like that happened (see Swing King).

Regardless of IAGO affiliation, I could picture all of these guys making someone angry enough to commission their demise from the Agency. It's not necessarily just that they're bad, but they're bad, unassailable, and prominant enough to make some wealthy enemies.

21st Jun 2015, 18:47
I know the gameplays is going to be good but I don't like how they keep changing the story to soften the subject matter.

Regardless of IAGO affiliation, I could picture all of these guys making someone angry enough to commission their demise from the Agency. It's not necessarily just that they're bad, but they're bad, unassailable, and prominant enough to make some wealthy enemies.In an interview they said that the targets are all connected to an evil corporation. The Good vs Evil idea contradicts the Cold Blooded Murder and hire gun idea. If you justify the killing its no longer murder. If your fighting for a single agenda than it not a hit for hire but rather more like assassins creed and other vigilante stories.
That was the problem with absolution. What makes IAGO bad and the ICA good? 47 wasn't acting as a hire gun in absolution and for some reason and he felt obligated to kill Diana out loyalty to the agency as opposes to killing for money.

My main thought is that 47 never harmed good people. Everyone had their own dirty secrets. And do not judge the game's story by only 2 trailers! :)
Also you know that Diana is back. ;)Thats my main criticism of the series as a whole. The fact that he only kills these so called "bad" people is just contrived on the writers part. In bloodmoney 47 kills people just because they seen his face and 47 himself says that "He can kill anyone". So its not even left up for interpretation weather or not 47 is indifferent. Its even worst that their fighting against one evil corporation instead different clients like they did in the past because that narrows the scope of the possible missions.

Hmm?
I am pretty sure he always worked for the ICA. Sure the contracts were from (sometimes) different people, but it was all handled through the ICA. Only during the period between blood money and Absolution did he do some 'freelancing'. For the rest can't think on a time where he worked outside of the ICA and just for hire.
Plus we only know that the Kwhfhwfhski guy (no idea how to write it) who was shown in the gameplay trailer was connected to IAGO.
We know nothing about tHe other guys that were shown in the debut trailer (guy who kills women and takes pictures/Banker guy/lab guy). So maybe they're all working for IAGO, maybe not.In the original games the agency acted mostly like a middle man because you would always hear diana talk about the client and what the client wanted.

MasterTaffer
21st Jun 2015, 22:50
In an interview they said that the targets are all connected to an evil corporation. The Good vs Evil idea contradicts the Cold Blooded Murder and hire gun idea. If you justify the killing its no longer murder. If your fighting for a single agenda than it not a hit for hire but rather more like assassins creed and other vigilante stories.
That was the problem with absolution. What makes IAGO bad and the ICA good? 47 wasn't acting as a hire gun in absolution and for some reason and he felt obligated to kill Diana out loyalty to the agency as opposes to killing for money.

Firstly, IAGO is a spy ring; not a corporation. There's a distinction.

Secondly, there's nothing establishing yet that the ICA is anything short of a contractor in all of this. Remember, the Agency does not decide to just set out and kill someone. It's a mercenary organization, contracting out assassins for money. They've always been an inherently neutral body, and Agent 47 is equally neutral. He's more of a human weapon than anything else. The client picks who dies, and 47 executes.

The fact most of their targets are perceived bad people is just inherent with the business. Bad people tend to have a higher demand to be killed than good people. They tend to wrong others more, and people with money certainly would want them removed. That's not to say 47 clients are noble. In most cases they aren't. Ort-Meyer commissioned the death of his four compatriots in Codename 47 and Sergei commissioned the Agency to tie up loose ends in his criminal empire in Silent Assassin.

There's just a far higher demand to have bad people killed than good people.

Now IAGO is established to be a spy ring in the gameplay trailer that specializes in unseating government, exposing covert operatives, etcetera. The Agency in the past games is established to have major political figures as clients. If these political figures fear IAGO, they would certainly pay the Agency money to have IAGO's operatives taken out. The Agency, as always, is a neutral party and simply working for monetary gain.

Buscar88
22nd Jun 2015, 09:14
The main difference to Blood Money is, that all targets seem to be connected in some way. Thats why there is no "hitman for hire" atmosphere. But a story, where targets have nothing in common, is difficult to tell. Blood Money used flashbacks to create the Mythos 47 and I think this is one of the few possibilities to make a plot like that interesting.

I'm very excited about the story of Hitman. You have diffent targets who have firstly nothing in common, a lot of questsions show up and with every mission you get some of the answers. The big final leads you to the solving of everything. It would be just like in modern tv series.
But maybe IO give us some side missions with targets who are not involved in the main storyline.

25th Jun 2015, 15:58
Remember, the Agency does not decide to just set out and kill someone. It's a mercenary organization, contracting out assassins for money. They've always been an inherently neutral body, and Agent 47 is equally neutral. He's more of a human weapon than anything else. The client picks who dies, and 47 executes.

Now IAGO is established to be a spy ring in the gameplay trailer that specializes in unseating government, exposing covert operatives, etcetera. The Agency in the past games is established to have major political figures as clients. If these political figures fear IAGO, they would certainly pay the Agency money to have IAGO's operatives taken out. The Agency, as always, is a neutral party and simply working for monetary gain

That's the way its supposed to be and that's the way it was before absolution. In absolution they weren't neutral, they were fighting against cloning and human experiments on children. They were portrayed as good guys fighting bad guys.

The fact most of their targets are perceived bad people is just inherent with the business. Bad people tend to have a higher demand to be killed than good people. They tend to wrong others more, and people with money certainly would want them removed. That's not to say 47 clients are noble. In most cases they aren't. Ort-Meyer commissioned the death of his four compatriots in Codename 47 and Sergei commissioned the Agency to tie up loose ends in his criminal empire in Silent Assassin.

There's just a far higher demand to have bad people killed than good people.
That not ture people get killed for a variety of different reasons. It has nothing to do with being "wronged" because chances are if their using a contract killer they were the one that was in the wrong. But its way more complicated than that because each scenario is different and unique.

Greig91
26th Jun 2015, 00:28
On the topic of 47's morals when on a job, there have been a few people killed that weren't bad guys. Where what 47 was doing was 100% wrong by any standard.

One example is the Blood Money mission "A New Life". In that mission the ICA has been contracted by a Cuban crime syndicate to assassinate a snitch in FBI witness protection. Granted, the guy was a scum bag (or ex-scum bag at least). But still lol.. You were essentially helping a couple of drug lords stay in business.

I also remember a cutscene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtXjRWQy-U) in Blood Money where he shoots some random postman just to be safe (he's being hunted by a rival agency and ICA is compromised). That was pretty cold.

So he definitely isn't above killing good, or at least potentially good, people.