PDA

View Full Version : SENTINEL Protip: Cannot drop enemies into water.

MilesWiseacre
10th Aug 2014, 04:11
So today, I tried three times to drop vampire hunters in to the drink on the port level. Every time, I heard a clap of thunder and the hunter left my hands. Anybody else notice this? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? While it's good to not let the Sentinel be overpowered (especially in kidnapping swarms) but the counter to that tactic is simply staying away from the water. I can't even pass over the water to get higher and away from the vampire hunting team, because as soon as I go over water the thunder clap happens. If Sentinels cannot fly above water with hunters in tow, should Reavers still be able to suicidally leap in to the water if they miss a target? Is there any other interesting bits like this for any of the other classes as well?

Didn't want to just announce that the Sentinel can't drop hunters in to water without trying to start a discussion.

Elpheleth
10th Aug 2014, 06:47
Yea its nothing new, always has been like this. Yet I think something needs to be done to that area, its too good to camp :S

Razaiim
10th Aug 2014, 12:48
Live humans can't go in the water, end of story. The ragdoll from a dead human can if they are hit by something with knockdown which is amusing when it happens. Water mechanics seem fine now imo

Serenum
10th Aug 2014, 16:51
To be honest, I think this is something that needs to be changed. It's too easy for humans to camp on the small dock that ends with a house and be secured from attacks coming from 3 directions.
A Sentinel should be able to kill a human by dropping him into water, just as a Scout is able to kill a Sentinel when he knocks it down with the War Bow when the Sentinel is flying above water.
And the counter on both sides is fairly simple, stay away from the water. Or just don't get picked up by a Sentinel, it's not like Abduct/Kidnap are hard to dodge.

Morgiahs
10th Aug 2014, 17:11
protip: using abduct or kidnap and slamming into the fencing around the area can get the poor victim glitched and stuck in the fencing. They can still aim and shoot but cannot move making them easy picking for a reaver's pounce or melee attacks.

Aggggh
10th Aug 2014, 17:17
protip: using abduct or kidnap and slamming into the fencing around the area can get the poor victim glitched and stuck in the fencing. They can still aim and shoot but cannot move making them easy picking for a reaver's pounce or melee attacks.

Except sometimes when you pounce someone like that you'll get stuck in them and not deal any damage and get shot to pieces when you disengage the pounce :/

Woehean
13th Aug 2014, 17:36
Well, (usually) Vampire lore suggest that vamps cannot cross running water.... (But seriously it annoys the crap out of me too)

AreZee
13th Aug 2014, 17:59
Well, (usually) Vampire lore suggest that vamps cannot cross running water.... (But seriously it annoys the crap out of me too)

while this might be true to some vampire lore it isn't true at all for the LoK series (although water kills vampires in LoK on touch except the Rahabim and Raziel after he consumes the soul of Rahab).

OnlyLogic
14th Aug 2014, 02:09
How about this.... Don't play sentinel on docks! And I won't play scout on catacomb-like maps.