PDA

View Full Version : They shouldn't be rebooting the series

18th Jun 2015, 21:03
The devs are doing the opposite of what they should be doing witch is making the a better hitman game instead of trying to make it into something else. They went soft on 47 because 47 Absolution was the opposite of 47 in the original games.

Their doing the same thing that they did with tomb raider. Instead of calling it Hitman 6 their calling Hitman witch is the name of a game that they already made. Thats almost as dumb as 'xbox one'. In Tomb raider instead of making the tomb raider features better and adding to it, they trough all of that out completely and replaced it with generic cover shooting gameplay.

Everything prior to absolution don't need any changing. However absolution should blotted out completely because they messed up too many things. They could easily tell new with out rebooting the series, making the charater nice when he suposed to be not nice.

acebaldwin
18th Jun 2015, 21:17
This is not a reboot. I would advise you to watch and listen to the numerous interviews that have been released since E3 has begun.

Reading this thread would definitely be a step in the right direction in knowing more about the game :http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156690

semajmarc87
19th Jun 2015, 04:04
This is not a reboot. I would advise you to watch and listen to the numerous interviews that have been released since E3 has begun.

Reading this thread would definitely be a step in the right direction in knowing more about the game :http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156690

I read the part of the article where they claimed it's not a reboot. However, what they described and what they're doing is the exact definition of a reboot.

bardachenko
19th Jun 2015, 14:53
I hope it's not a reboot. I want new game starts from the end of Absolution, when Birdie talks to Faulkner. I think IOI left that open ending to continue in the next game, like in Contracts, that is linked with Blood Money. Maybe Birdie could tell 47's history to the policeman (and this could be the reason of the younger face) and in the meanwhile the protagonist looks for the two enemies to kill them, because they know too much about him.

Topper05
19th Jun 2015, 20:13
I hope it's not a reboot. I want new game starts from the end of Absolution, when Birdie talks to Faulkner. I think IOI left that open ending to continue in the next game, like in Contracts, that is linked with Blood Money. Maybe Birdie could tell 47's history to the policeman (and this could be the reason of the younger face) and in the meanwhile the protagonist looks for the two enemies to kill them, because they know too much about him.

Personally, I never want to hear the name Birdie again. I feel like as a character, he was a joke (along with all of the other "villians"/characters in Absolution). IMHO it wouldn't make sense to continue the Absolution storyline if the storyline in it absolutely sucked. Let's just pretend it didn't happen and go back to what the series truly is and should be about.

That said, I wouldn't negatively view the new game as a re-boot. It seems (and I hope it turns out) that IO has actually listened to the feedback on Absolution and are giving us the Hitman game we as gamers want. And I have to give IO credit on that - many other game developers treat fan feedback as noise and double down on their mistakes.

Quajek
22nd Jun 2015, 18:01
It isn't a reboot. It takes place after the events of Absolution. 47 has returned to his life and his profession, doing what he does best: Travelling to exotic locations, meeting unique and interesting people, and murdering them.

MasterTaffer
22nd Jun 2015, 18:52
It isn't a reboot. It takes place after the events of Absolution. 47 has returned to his life and his profession, doing what he does best: Travelling to exotic locations, meeting unique and interesting people, and murdering them.

Put that as a tagline on the back of the box.

Valenka
22nd Jun 2015, 21:58
Put that as a tagline on the back of the box.

I second that idea.

Striike
22nd Jun 2015, 22:53
Don't think of this as a reboot, although it can be considered a reboot of Absolution. Instead, consider it an apology from IOI for Absolution. I prefer to think of it as, "ok, we know we screwed up with Absolution, so can we try that again?"

Valenka
22nd Jun 2015, 23:08
Don't think of this as a reboot, although it can be considered a reboot of Absolution. Instead, consider it an apology from IOI for Absolution. I prefer to think of it as, "ok, we know we screwed up with Absolution, so can we try that again?"

Most likely. :lol:

25th Jun 2015, 16:03

Absolution was definitely a reboot even though they said it wasn't. Because Diana was a old lady and 47 wasn't emotional.

Greig91
26th Jun 2015, 00:45
It definitely is a reboot, IOI are just avoiding calling it that in case they piss anyone off.

It's set after Absolution, yet 47 is younger and "in his prime". He also has his bar code back, even though he cut it off in Absolution. They're pulling a Splinter Cell: Blacklist. They're trying to retcon as little as possible so as to not piss off the old fans, whilst at the same time they're trying to create a new starting point for the series (hence the title and 47's younger appearance) in order to draw in new fans.

Although as I said they have already retconned the crap out of Absolution. Even Diana is back working for ICA again which makes no sense whatsoever based on how Absolution ended. She had faked her own death in order to keep herself and Victoria off ICA's radar forever.

But whatever, people didn't like Absolution. For what it's worth I didn't mind Absolution's story, it was the gameplay I minded. This game looks to be the opposite of that so far.

Travis_IO
29th Jun 2015, 09:46
We don't see it as a reboot, which is why we're not calling it one. It's been mentioned before, but this is worth reading if you're curious about what we've said about the game so far: https://hitman.com/news/announcing-hitman

A reboot would be retelling the story of Agent 47 from the beginning. We're simply not doing that. We're keeping everything that's already happened intact and going forward from there with a focus on making the best possible Hitman game.

spotter05
29th Jun 2015, 11:05
Don't get me wrong i dont think this is a reboot and i can even swallow a sloppy name.
But barcode thing? Again? God i thought we were done with it in Absolution. It might have been a somewhat cool idea in the beginning of the series to have such a recognizable feature. But after so many years you guys still think that a bold guy with an odd barcode could roam the world without drawing attention?

Fran5000player
1st Jul 2015, 08:29
Don't get me wrong i dont think this is a reboot and i can even swallow a sloppy name.
But barcode thing? Again? God i thought we were done with it in Absolution. It might have been a somewhat cool idea in the beginning of the series to have such a recognizable feature. But after so many years you guys still think that a bold guy with an odd barcode could roam the world without drawing attention?
spotter05: What the hell are you talking about?! "Done with the barcode"?! Have you ever played a Hitman game besides Absolution? There is no Hitman without the barcode. Is like losing his suit or the silverballers. Don't be ridiculous man. Damn, sometimes I think some people are here just to troll.

spotter05
1st Jul 2015, 11:20
spotter05: What the hell are you talking about?! "Done with the barcode"?! Have you ever played a Hitman game besides Absolution? There is no Hitman without the barcode. Is like losing his suit or the silverballers. Don't be ridiculous man. Damn, sometimes I think some people are here just to troll.
Your lack of decorum, your primitive manners and the way you aggressively addressed other forum member belie either your lack of self-confidence or insufficient age. Sadly, you had utterly misread my post:
1. You haven't even bothered to connect the dots, i.e. if this game is supposed to happen after Absolution then why the barcode is back? The devs may have a sound explanation but they haven't provided one so my question have been 100% legit.
2. The fact you mentioned the Silverballers and the Suit only belies a desperate need to camouflage your flaming attack against my question. I never mentioned them and i don't see them as a problem whatsoever. You only used them as a cheap shot to conceal your disrespectful behavior and primitive language.

Instead of trying to provide a plausible answer to my question you approached it in a flaming fashion. I won't allow myself to call you names like you did and i certainly won't respond to your further flaming. There is a thing called decorum and we're all supposed to show some maturity and good manners by adhering to it. Sadly, you are yet to learn about it.

acebaldwin
1st Jul 2015, 22:54
Being condescending right now isn't your best bet on being actually heard, answered and respected around here either. Getting off your high horse while maintening composure when in the face of criticism would go a long way too.

Now that it's been said, I personally agree a bit with you that the regular old barcode is much too apparent and would be noticed by anyone and everyone as something that draws attention to oneself when a murder takes place. Though it is iconic to the character we've been playing for years and it shouldn't be erased completely, what I would suggest is doing something similar to what's been done in the new movie:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/hitman-agent-57-movie-barcode-1280x703.jpg

This, I litterally love. It keeps the iconic feature of Agent 47 that we all love, while also not drawing as much attention compared to how it would in all black like we've learned to be accustomed to with the present tattoo.

Buscar88
2nd Jul 2015, 09:28
Barcodes are so 2000...why don't we get a modern 47 with a QR-Code on his occiput? :rolleyes:

No seriously, of course the barcode is a lack in logic but we have to get over it. I mean this is what Hitman is about, its the only identity of 47. That makes it unique and individual.

47 without Barcode is like Terminator without red eyes, John Wayne without his cowboy hat and colt, Gordon Freeman without glasses or Chuck Norris without his beard.
Some things should never change.

They tried to cut of his barcode in Absolution. Ironically, its the only part which doens't deserve to be called a Hitman game. Lets just forget that issue.

spotter05
2nd Jul 2015, 09:38
@acebaldwin
For the record, there's a clear line between criticism and calling out names or ridiculing someone. I would appreciate if you don't mix those up, thank you.

In fact it's not even about whether we agree on something or not. It's much more benign and simple: how come the barcode is back?
But i guess i should just leave it and move on. There's hardly a logical story-wise explanation so theres's no point making fuss anymore. I'll buy the game with or without the code anyway. As for the picture i tend to agree with you.

Barcodes are so 2000...why don't we get a modern 47 with a QR-Code on his occiput? :rolleyes:

You made my day:thumb::vlol::vlol:

deidaraakatski
4th Jul 2015, 07:06
@acebaldwin
For the record, there's a clear line between criticism and calling out names or ridiculing someone. I would appreciate if you don't mix those up, thank you.

In fact it's not even about whether we agree on something or not. It's much more benign and simple: how come the barcode is back?
But i guess i should just leave it and move on. There's hardly a logical story-wise explanation so theres's no point making fuss anymore. I'll buy the game with or without the code anyway. As for the picture i tend to agree with you.

You made my day:thumb::vlol::vlol:

In my opinion, there is no need for a logical explanation. As said in one of the interviews 47 is timeless. Let's just pretend that he didn't remove the barcode in Absolution, yes?

spotter05
4th Jul 2015, 11:37
Let's just pretend that he didn't remove the barcode in Absolution, yes?
Apparently that's the only option we have, so...yeah.

HolographicLotus
4th Jul 2015, 13:38
It's a reboot.

How else can you explain 47 looking younger?

It's not like the story matters much in these games anyways, it's solely based on individual contracts.

If you disagree, lemme ask you this.... if they make another Hitman game in 2018.... are they gonna call it Hitman 2?