PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - June 18th, 2015

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 13:43
Hit Detection

Increased server-side tolerance for hit detection on human weapons and vampire melee attacks. In-game cheat detection was generating some false positives that caused hits to fail in certain scenarios.

This should help some of the reported issues with hit detection, but we will need to continue monitoring the situation. If you continue to see persistent issues with hit detection, please note specifics (type of attack in particular) in a bug forum thread.

Flashpoint

Flashpoint will be available for a limited-time game event, with a few improvements made to the mode. We have implemented a few changes to spawning, and the scoring system and UI have been tweaked. Please share your feedback with us after trying the mode out.

It will be available as a public playlist from June 18th (today) through June 21st (Sunday), during this timing window each day:

2pm – 7pm EST / 7pm – 12am BST

To check local timings, please use this page (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=14&h=14&sts=23909700&sln=19-24&a=show).
During times when the event is NOT live, you'll get a popup saying the playlist is disabled.

Optimization

Significantly reduced memory overhead in gameplay maps related to character skins and Scaleform UI. This may also improve performance for some users.
Fixed a bug preventing precomputed visibility from working in The Crucible. This should result in a noticeable performance improvement.

Private Match

Private Match games will no longer consume "Charge" on Uncanny, Arcane, Mysterious, or Unique items.

Exalted Iron Guard

The Exalted Iron Guard Hunter skin is now available inside the Exalted Treasure of the Kings.

Team Preview

We've added a new screen at the start of a round, showing off your team line-up

Bugs

Fixed the Crosshair sometimes appearing off-center
Fixed an issue with Steam Achievement tracking introduced in the last patch
Fixed various spawning issues including humans sometimes spawning on rooftops
Fixed an issue causing some users to get stuck in a "Syncing Profile..." loop when joining a game
Fixed an issue that rarely caused some of your inventory to appear missing
Fixed an issue with the last shot in a Scout's clip not causing full draw damage
Fixed a broken grapple point in Freeport

eXmoRtiZ
18th Jun 2015, 13:47
Sounds nice.

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2015, 13:49
You mentioned in the other thread that the issue where capturing starts before the match timer does was being looked at, but it's not in today's list. Did that get pushed back?

Also, have you posted any screenshots of the Exhaulted Iron Guard yet? I saw some recently, but I might be thinking of the Scout.

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 13:59
It's not outlined specifically, but in the Flashpoint section I mention that there were changes to spawning, it does include that one. I believe the spawning issues were all cleared up, but there's a chance you might run into one here or there, so that's something we'll keep an eye on with this test. And yep, shot of the Hunter skin coming up... :)

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2015, 14:01
It's not outlined specifically, but in the Flashpoint section I mention that there were changes to spawning, it does include that one. I believe the spawning issues were all cleared up, but there's a chance you might run into one here or there, so that's something we'll keep an eye on with this test. And yep, shot of the Hunter skin coming up... :)

That was separate from the spawning issues. It was the capturing one relating to whether the timer had started or not.

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 14:03
[scratch that, we've managed to get it in the update]

BlitzingLlama
18th Jun 2015, 14:07
Any idea when the servers will be back up?

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 14:12
That was separate from the spawning issues. It was the capturing one relating to whether the timer had started or not.

Do you mean capturing at the start of a round, before the match started? If so, yes, that's covered on the spawning issues as well. If something else, let me know and I'll check.

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 14:13
Any idea when the servers will be back up?

We should actually be back up really soon, will post a reply once we're up again. Won't be long.

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2015, 14:26
Do you mean capturing at the start of a round, before the match started? If so, yes, that's covered on the spawning issues as well. If something else, let me know and I'll check.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just didn't think it had anything to do with the spawning. I suppose simply not spawning next to a capture point would fix it indirectly, but adding explicit checks to the timers would have be the more reliable fix. Anyway, that's the bug I was referring to.

BZiGER
18th Jun 2015, 14:38
Cool for a update.
When can we expect 1 new map or more?? Is there a hope for that?

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2015, 14:44
Cool for a update.
When can we expect 1 new map or more?? Is there a hope for that?

I think we'll hear the name of the map before we get a date, but it would be nice to know that one is in the works. The last I heard (in the twitch feed) was that it's not the Dumahim territory. I'd like to know if the Rahabim has left the talking stage yet too. Is there at least a feature list or design doc or something. I don't need to see those things, but like the map, it would be nice just to know they exist.

Zarxiel93
18th Jun 2015, 14:51
Very good :)
But why Flashpoint cannot be accessible any time? :S

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 15:01
I have updated the patch notes above (again), as the Hunter skin has made it into the Exalted chests. Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/02aZu9il.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/02aZu9i.jpg)

Cessy000
18th Jun 2015, 15:01
i wanne play.... how long we have to wait ?!!??!?! ( sitting here, totally bored... ) sniff

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 15:17
We're back online!

http://i.imgur.com/RXMKXit.gif

eXmoRtiZ
18th Jun 2015, 15:33
\o/

ApollosBow
18th Jun 2015, 16:03
Any word on when Exalted skins will make it into the store?....ill have my finger on the clicker like most when they do, assuming they wont be more than 2400rs.

Sanguise23
18th Jun 2015, 16:30
What about the new animated immortal banner?

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 16:35
What about the new animated immortal banner?

We didn't get that one in in time, so it'll be early next week. It'll get awarded automatically to everyone that had an Immortal pack then. I'll keep you guys posted once it's in :)

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 18:02
There has been a delay on our Flashpoint event starting, sorry for the inconvenience, folks! It'll be at least an hour later, for now.

While the mode is offline, you'll get a popup indicating it's not available when you click on it. It'll be at least an hour before we can get it online (this won't affect the other days, just this initial start).

PencileyePirate
18th Jun 2015, 19:56
I'm really happy with this patch, it's one of the best in recent memory ... appreciate the performance and bug fixes!

Shikei001
18th Jun 2015, 21:04
I think it is new that I can see my own name in my screen xDDDD (over my head a bit to the left)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6187166007103440854/133C853566643B79583E834D9ED0D2AD41847871/

Saikocat
19th Jun 2015, 10:22
Are you getting that in every match?

Shikei001
19th Jun 2015, 10:30
Are you getting that in every match?

Nope, so far I noticed it in 2 or 3 different matches, but my name vanished both times after my first death I think....

On another note, this patch is rly rly good I think my fps went up bei 10 and even seem more stable, the whole game feels more smooth too (meele with vamps especially).

Thank you very much Psyonix, very good work here ;3

lucinvampire
19th Jun 2015, 12:09
I just want to say how I love the dramatic spawn line up in FP. It's very cool indeed! :D

The bug fixes seem good :)

Sadly though still didn't see any improvement on the FPS in game, it's still remained at the same as the last patch which is a shame. It is however much better in the UI/Lobby.

Vampmaster
19th Jun 2015, 12:16
I just want to say how I love the dramatic spawn line up in FP. It's very cool indeed! :D

The bug fixes seem good :)

Sadly though still didn't see any improvement on the FPS in game, it's still remained at the same as the last patch which is a shame. It is however much better in the UI/Lobby.

Don't forget the bug where you can't accept my invites without me being in a lobby. I think you've had that one from the start.

Da_Wolv
19th Jun 2015, 13:45
The hitreg...
omg
its like .. working now.

Good job!

Louves
19th Jun 2015, 13:52
This is the best patch in months, the game is actually fun again :)

Grisamentum
19th Jun 2015, 17:56
Fixed an issue causing some users to get stuck in a "Syncing Profile..." loop when joining a game

Can you fix this one again pls?
:/

RainaAudron
19th Jun 2015, 22:33
Flashpoint spawns points seem better now, good change. However, the stuttering caused by the build up of the fire noise has still not been fixed after so many months...

Fatereaver
20th Jun 2015, 08:38
Somehow the game gets more buggy and broken for me with each new patch. Now I can't play pretty much due to crashes and even a blue screen incident when using the in game web browser to watch a youtube video while waiting for a match to start... :S The game has just decided I am not worthy of entry to the wonderful land of Nosgoth. :/

kLauE187
21st Jun 2015, 01:01
The hitreg...
omg
its like .. working now.

Good job!

i still have hitreg problems, especially as prophet. always the same when it happens. i hit someone, hear the sound healthbar etc. but bullets dont get registered and people on the other side cant even see me shooting. its getting worse if i play on us-server with like 100 ping, but i think in this case its due to nosgoth not using interpolation. but even in a privat lobby with around 40ms i had few situations where i couldnt hit 10+ shots even if i didnt hold mouse1 to shoot.

Saikocat
22nd Jun 2015, 09:59
Somehow the game gets more buggy and broken for me with each new patch. Now I can't play pretty much due to crashes and even a blue screen incident when using the in game web browser to watch a youtube video while waiting for a match to start... :S The game has just decided I am not worthy of entry to the wonderful land of Nosgoth. :/

Have you been in touch with support yet?
I'd recommend doing that so they can escalate the issue, and get some log files from you.

And just to check, have you done a clean install of the game yet? By "removing local content" through Steam and then downloading and installing the game again.

The log files they'd need you to gather up are:

Launch.log - which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs
ph.log - which can be found in \nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs\Phosphorous\ (actual file path depends on where you install your games)

For crashing issues the launch.log file should be enough though.

Fatereaver
23rd Jun 2015, 14:35
Trying to reinstall the game now. If it crashes after that I will contact support with the files.