PDA

View Full Version : Please give us back melee options.

Stiler
18th Jun 2015, 01:24
One thing that always stuck out to me when playing HR was the lack of melee options. You either went pure-stealth, and got a takedown (Where you used melee) or you used ranged. It felt really strange to not have actual melee weapons/combat outside of the takedowns.

Please give us back some melee weapon types to use and implants for more melee focused combat.

vallux
18th Jun 2015, 06:58
Nooot gonna happen me thinks. The E3 gameplay showed takedowns happening 'in cutscenes' as was the case in HR.

besyuziki
18th Jun 2015, 13:38
Not likely. They sure love their armblades and auto takedowns. On the bright side the energy system looks different this time, and takedowns won't cripple the entire augmentation system.

Ruboso
19th Jun 2015, 04:56
Apparently it's very hard to add a quick swing animation of his arm-blade, even though countless smaller studios add such things into their pure action fps games.

vallux
19th Jun 2015, 06:53
Apparently it's very hard to add a quick swing animation of his arm-blade, even though countless smaller studios add such things into their pure action fps games.

It probably wouldn't even be that hard. I mean what do I know about game development, but still. The takedowns were in Human Revolution, this game is building on what they did in that. They're not going to make a 180 and have first person melee weapons, instead opting to make the takedowns better (work from cover etc).

3dot14hole
19th Jun 2015, 22:03
One thing that always stuck out to me when playing HR was the lack of melee options. You either went pure-stealth, and got a takedown (Where you used melee) or you used ranged. It felt really strange to not have actual melee weapons/combat outside of the takedowns.

Please give us back some melee weapon types to use and implants for more melee focused combat.

As you said the combat is ranged, nothing for close quarters. There's no point in having the Stun fist because of emp ammo in the gun, or the Blade launcher.

There is potential for really good combat, the cybernetic arm blade could be held vertically to block against attacks, whilst the opposite arm's blade can be used to strike. This should be be an option if you have been spotted, I just wonder if people dcan be taken down from the front because it would be too easy.

I really want this as well. They have taken alot from Dishonoured, I'm surprised the combat wasn't one of those things.