PDA

View Full Version : About that PS4 exclusive content...

Mahlowe
17th Jun 2015, 02:08
I'm tired of companies viewing consumers as giant dollar signs rather than gamers. I get that they're a business & they go towards whatever deal brings in the most money, but it just rubs me the wrong way since the franchise started on PC & that all types of gamers, both console & PC, have been loyal to these games for years, some even over a decade, yet they restrict everyone from enjoying the game in its full glory. All I hope is that those of us on PC & Xbox will get the content eventually, but due to contracts & all that fun stuff we most likely won't.

Topper05
17th Jun 2015, 22:32
I agree. As a long time Hitman fan it sucks to feel excluded because of my choice of console.

I do wonder if the Ps4 is getting entire levels or just different contracts on existing levels.

13oundary
18th Jun 2015, 09:45
+1, I've always played hitman on PC... since the first game too... exclusives just frustrate me...

dravenla
21st Jun 2015, 16:26
I agree. As a long time Hitman fan it sucks to feel excluded because of my choice of console.

I do wonder if the Ps4 is getting entire levels or just different contracts on existing levels.

Ps4 is probably just getting 6 different hits on already made levels. There is no way they can make 6 new levels.

Also MS does this crap all the time, its about time Sony starts doing it too.

Warlegend
21st Jun 2015, 16:43
What bothers me a bit more is that I can't play the Beta as I'd like to stick with the Xbox One Version of the game first, while PC maybe follows later :/

Mayhzon
30th Jun 2015, 14:59
Ps4 is probably just getting 6 different hits on already made levels. There is no way they can make 6 new levels.

Also MS does this crap all the time, its about time Sony starts doing it too.
I disagree. It's not about time that Sony starts doing it, it's about time that both companies drop it. Of course they won't because consoles are inferior hardware and exclusives are the only way to keep them going...

Malacath
9th Jul 2015, 19:55
I really hate exclusivity deals.

I am sick of death of greedy publishers taking money off the console manufacturers for exclusive content

I own both consoles but I don't like being dictated to on what console to buy for.

If I wanted to buy the game on xbox one I wouldn't get the full game

So I am being forced to buy the game on ps4.

Seriously I've always loved the Hitman series but now i'm wondering whether to bother.

You should put your customers first for a change and stop these stupid deals.

Riggleby
12th Jul 2015, 07:04
I would be extremely surprised if the PS4 content is not a timed exclusive and never appears elsewhere after a year. Unlike Microsoft, Sony seem to only shell out money for time exclusivity and allow for everyone else to get that content further on down the track.

Because of the release model that Hitman is undertaking, that time will start counting down from the digital release. So if you're going to wait for the physical release, you won't be waiting long.

Valenka
13th Jul 2015, 01:14
Well, if Absolution was anything to go by, the "exclusive" content will be available for all down the road.