PDA

View Full Version : My concerns for Hitman "HITMAN 6"

stuntryder788
16th Jun 2015, 21:51
I think the trailers are awesome and I cant wait for December.
The only issue I have is on the PlayStation store it says that it has Micro transactions so I don't want this awesome game to turn into
Mortal Kombat x where I buy 50% of the game and need to buy the other 50% to have the full game. :(
I'm just making my thoughts known.
please as a developer that has enriched our childhood with many hours of fun don't go down this path

thanks for reading
STUNTRYDER788 :wave:

semajmarc87
16th Jun 2015, 23:31
The only things that concern me about Hitman 6 so far are:

- Agent 47 looking like a skinny 20 year-old.

- I'm worried that you may need to be connected to the internet in order to play the game.

- I don't like that the game is simply called "Hitman." It makes it confusing when referring to that specific game and it makes it seem like a reboot even though they're claiming that it isn't. Call it Hitman: Professional or something like that or even just Hitman 6 would be an improvement.

- I think they said it will only be released as a digital download first. I only buy physical copies of games, so if they're expecting me to buy a digital copy they better guess again.

stuntryder788
16th Jun 2015, 23:47
I agree.

1. Agent 47 looking like a 20 year old is not necessary a bad thing, IOI said that its agent 47 at his peak , but what if his peak was when he was 20 years old.
plus he still looks bad ass :)

2.I'm worried too about needing to be connected to the internet/PlayStation plus.

3.I don't mind the name it is a bit confusing but we will get use to it.

4.I only buy physical copies too, because Microsoft screwed me over with a digital download a couple of years ago

thanks for the reply

EpicSides
17th Jun 2015, 00:55
The only issue I have is on the PlayStation store it says that it has Micro transactions so I don't want this awesome game to turn into Mortal Kombat x where I buy 50% of the game and need to buy the other 50% to have the full game.:( I'm just making my thoughts known.
please as a developer that has enriched our childhood with many hours of fun don't go down this path

I think it will be more like "add as many other levels as we want ant not being limited by the original storyline"
---> More missions
---> Expecting HD remaster of old levels
----> "Contracts" custom levels?

Plus this:

“We are building a live, expanding and evolving world of assassination where we continuously develop the game, listening closely to the players as we release new locations, missions and hits as soon as they are ready - where $60 and not a dollar more gets you full access to the experience.”

The only things that concern me about Hitman 6 so far are:

- Agent 47 looking like a skinny 20 year-old.

---> We will play Agent 47 in his early ages, over the top, what's the problem?
I'm caring more about how the gameplay will be than his face personally.

- I'm worried that you may need to be connected to the internet in order to play the game.
--> Ok THAT SUCKS.

- I don't like that the game is simply called "Hitman." It makes it confusing when referring to that specific game and it makes it seem like a reboot even though they're claiming that it isn't.
---> Not a problem for me since it breaks the codes from Absolution, i'm feelin it like a real step forward to the Hitman game. I also liked the game cover :thumb:

"The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games."

- I think they said it will only be released as a digital download first. I only buy physical copies of games, so if they're expecting me to buy a digital copy they better guess again.
---> Apparently they are doing this at the beginning so they will be allowed to "try new things". But then it will be released on physical copies (i will wait this).

Can't wait to see more anyway!!

semajmarc87
17th Jun 2015, 01:19
"The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games."

I find that explanation by them to be hilarious. They say it's not a reboot, but what they described and what they're doing IS THE EXACT DEFINITION OF A REBOOT. That's like catching a burglar in your home and he says "hey I'm not robbing you, I'm just unlawfully taking your property by force."

stuntryder788
17th Jun 2015, 01:52
LOL
I just don't want to buy a game to have to buy all the new mission for the next 2-3+years, but I love the hitman games so it would be buy or miss out

EpicSides
17th Jun 2015, 02:18
I find that explanation by them to be hilarious. They say it's not a reboot, but what they described and what they're doing IS THE EXACT DEFINITION OF A REBOOT. That's like catching a burglar in your home and he says "hey I'm not robbing you, I'm just unlawfully taking your property by force."

I see what you mean. We could've called it a reboot if everything has changed but it's not since they "deleted everything Absolution made awful" and "put the good old gameplay back with improved mechanics".

Not a reboot, but almost, see?

IamRahx
17th Jun 2015, 09:24
Well my questions/concerns:
First off this Digital lead stuff is kind of ridiculous. You would think buying something digital would be cheaper/more beneficial than retail. Because of obvious reasons. So pushing like digital is the next best thing and have no benefits is crazy to me.
My case is digital only seems less like making things easier but making ways for DRM and Microtransactions. I buy retail because on release day I get each game for about 40-45euro not 60 on digital. How crazy is that!
And before PR explains that digital has benefits, once I install a physical game and link it to steam I have a digital product. You want to push digital, push for lower prices.

47's face... In some shots his silhoet is perfect, so I would prefer his face to have that same prime factor. Prime is not 20s, but 30's-early 40s. In some shots 47 looks like a young greenhorn with big dreams. To me 47's prime appearance were the older games. A man with some wrinkles and face that shows age knows what he's doing and is in his prime. So I too vote for a small change. But I do congradulate the team for being able to make a younger looking 47, that actually looks like 47 (see closeup).

PS exclusive content is also very irritating, but money talks. Hopefully other plats will get it later.

The rest they have me at checkmate. Its nothing more than 'It's not the way I want it'. I don't like episodic games, I would rather they take an extra year making it. But then I can just wait for all episodes to come out. Even though by then the older missions are no longer fresh. I would have liked the 'special hits' to be part of Contracts mode and not the main game (keep main game and online separate), but this makes sense with the episodic nature?
I don't know, waiting for more info.

IamRahx
17th Jun 2015, 09:35
edit:

Just checked the steam page and the price is 50euros....... So my rant about having digital with same 60euro price has been altered.

-While not beating retail prices its a step in the right direction. Do I hear 45 until day 1? From that point you will make digital as interesting as retail. Then again, i have no financial background and other countries might not sell it as cheap as where I am. So while I still think that way about digital pricing, I willingly retract my little rant for hitman pricing.

-Just remember, some people would rather install a game from a disc than wait 24 hours downloading a 30+GB game digitally. Just saying.

Buscar88
17th Jun 2015, 09:53
Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection. Remember the release of GTA V for PC? Yeah...

I dont see any reason, why they want to sell it (only) that way.

Acid_Burn
17th Jun 2015, 22:23
Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection.

There's such thing as a pre-load where you can download the game a week prior to the release and start playing the very moment it's released. It works perfectly for PS4, Xbox One and Steam so this won't be a problem. HITMAN is a single player game that won't require internet connection for playing story mode.

semajmarc87
17th Jun 2015, 22:42
There's such thing as a pre-load where you can download the game a week prior to the release and start playing the very moment it's released. It works perfectly for PS4, Xbox One and Steam so this won't be a problem. HITMAN is a single player game that won't require internet connection for playing story mode.

Thank you for clearing that up. :) I think there is still confusion about what they've been saying about gradually releasing missions and then never being able to play them again. I don't really understand that part, but I'm sure we'll get more details as the days go by.

Acid_Burn
17th Jun 2015, 22:47
You'll definitely need an internet connection for downloading the game and all future levels IO will release after. But you'll be able to play the game without internet after.
As for some targets that will be in the game for a limited time - this is just like online public events. It won't affect the story. You'll be able to hear more from the team about this very soon!

semajmarc87
17th Jun 2015, 22:48
I also liked the game cover :thumb:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Qg5hw5n6L._AA160_.jpg

Is this the one you're talking about? I'm pretty sure that this is just a placeholder and isn't the actual game cover they're going to use (at least I hope not).

semajmarc87
17th Jun 2015, 22:50
You'll definitely need an internet connection for downloading the game and all future levels IO will release after. But you'll be able to play the game without internet after.
As for some targets that will be in the game for a limited time - this is just like online public events. It won't affect the story. You'll be able to hear more from the team about this very soon!

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. :) Also just to clarify, Hitman 6 will be eventually be getting a physical release, right? I'm pretty sure you guys said "yes" but I just want to make sure.

AdrianShephard
18th Jun 2015, 02:46
I agree.

1. Agent 47 looking like a 20 year old is not necessary a bad thing, IOI said that its agent 47 at his peak , but what if his peak was when he was 20 years old.

47 at his peak is during his late 30's/early 40's. He was born in 1964, and escaped the asylum in 2000; thus he was 36 when he took his first contract. The H6 face model portrays him as a much younger man, possibly late 20's/very early 30's maximum.

Acid_Burn
18th Jun 2015, 06:57
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. :) Also just to clarify, Hitman 6 will be eventually be getting a physical release, right? I'm pretty sure you guys said "yes" but I just want to make sure.

Yes! Physical release is coming in 2016!

EpicSides
18th Jun 2015, 07:41
Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection. Remember the release of GTA V for PC? Yeah...

I dont see any reason, why they want to sell it (only) that way.

They said they want to "try new things", so i guess by selling a digital copy cut in pieces they can change few things if feedbacks are bad, they can regularly update the game until getting a great piece and then sell it on physical copies.

Krockus
18th Jun 2015, 08:16
You have made a trash "Absolution".
Hitman is Hitman, it is not splinter cell or something.
DO NOT **** UP THIS TIME.

Buscar88
18th Jun 2015, 09:18
They said they want to "try new things", so i guess by selling a digital copy cut in pieces they can change few things if feedbacks are bad, they can regularly update the game until getting a great piece and then sell it on physical copies.

Yeah, when I got one of the developers in one of the interviews right, they want to analyse how the players play the game and what thier feedback is. According to this data, they want to optimize future episodes and espacially the big final.
Probably they will add and cut some features with each episode or raise the appearance of specific gameplay mechanics.

If IO handles it that way and if the content size is big enough on Dec 8, I'm totally fine with it.

Topper05
18th Jun 2015, 18:25
Yes! Physical release is coming in 2016!

If I may ask, why are you not releasing a physical version until 2016? It seems odd, wouldn't you get far better sales with the disc from the start?

Personally, as a game collector, i'll definitely be wanting the console disk.

stuntryder788
18th Jun 2015, 19:19
will future levels cost or is it included with the game / preorder ?

stuntryder788
18th Jun 2015, 19:37
Or will it be like DLC

Acid_Burn
18th Jun 2015, 22:24
@Topper05, because IO will be doing more content - levels, contracts after the main release and they all will be free to download (@stuntryder788)!

semajmarc87
19th Jun 2015, 04:09
Does anybody know if Vivienne Mckee will be doing the voice of Diana in Hitman 6?

stuntryder788
19th Jun 2015, 18:21
If I bought a physical copy will it be free to download with that?

p.s thanks for answering my questions even them very similar to my last question. :)

IamRahx
19th Jun 2015, 20:24
@stuntryder
In almost all cases, once you buy a physical copy of a game, you must link it to steam. (enter the product code from the back and redeem game). So in most cases, buying a physical game is buying a digital game in physical form. If that makes sense. So yes, you will have a free digital copy on your steam acount after you redeem it.

-I pondered why IO would do a digital only release. But I either brainwashed myself or actually can understand their point of view.
With the game only digital, they can continue to build Hitman and fix anything that needs fixing. People will receive the updates with its episodic nature. So we can either wait a full year for them to finish a game and hope people like it, or they can allow the community to help shape and better the game.
While I get it, it still has its problems. To many it will seem like early access, where you help fix/better a game until the final build... but then when the game is 'finished' you've already played it. (ie When the physical copy come out it will be an old game). Then there's pricing, I still stongly believe digital only games should cost less than physical....

Johnny2000
26th Jun 2015, 18:55
Does anybody know if Vivienne Mckee will be doing the voice of Diana in Hitman 6?
Yes please! I would pay €10 extra just to have her voice as Diana.

HolographicLotus
4th Jul 2015, 13:57
The Hitman games were never in chronological order, except maybe Hitman 2. Blood Money might as well been it's own separate branch off in the story along with Absolution, it doesn't really matter what order you put them in. The story is more individual than having to rely on sequels... every game is it's own story.

So the new Hitman is a reboot going back to 47's first wave of traveling the world.

Rubber_Ducky
4th Jul 2015, 18:59

The trouble with this is the people waiting on the physical disc release won't get a say or be able to give feedback until they have the game on disc. And the vast majority of games sales come from physical disc sales. And the story will also be spoilt and leaked by the time you get your hands on a disc copy too. It is alienating a large part of the fanbase.

Rubber_Ducky
4th Jul 2015, 19:00
The Hitman games were never in chronological order, except maybe Hitman 2. Blood Money might as well been it's own separate branch off in the story along with Absolution, it doesn't really matter what order you put them in. The story is more individual than having to rely on sequels... every game is it's own story.

So the new Hitman is a reboot going back to 47's first wave of traveling the world.

Io have said it isn't a reboot. It is set after Absolution. They have said it many times now. People still don't seem to know or get it yet. lol

HolographicLotus
4th Jul 2015, 19:03
Io have said it isn't a reboot. It is set after Absolution. They have said it many times now. People still don't seem to know or get it yet. lol

Then they better have a really good reason why 47 is younger than in Absolution.

Rubber_Ducky
5th Jul 2015, 01:35
Then they better have a really good reason why 47 is younger than in Absolution.

Nope, they don't. They said because Agent 47 never had an age and is timeless they could make him look however they want.

The chap who is playing Hitman in the new Movie is young. So...

HolographicLotus
5th Jul 2015, 14:35
At this point it probably doesn't matter whether or not it's a reboot or a sequel. They made him younger because why not?
Maybe it's important to see each Hitman game as it's own unique game.

semajmarc87
5th Jul 2015, 16:34
At this point it probably doesn't matter whether or not it's a reboot or a sequel. They made him younger because why not?
Maybe it's important to see each Hitman game as it's own unique game.

Your "great defense" of Agent 47 looking like a skinny 20 year-old is "because why not?" Why didn't someone say that earlier? Now I'm sure everyone's changed their mind. :rolleyes:

semajmarc87
5th Jul 2015, 16:44
So I saw the leaked Hitman 6 alpha gameplay and here are some problems I have:

- Instinct is back. For crying out loud, can we please just pretend that Absolution and this terrible feature that spawned from it never existed? Please don't bring back instinct!

- People complained about Agent 47 magically pulling weapons out of his butt in Absolution. Well, here in Hitman 6 we have Agent 47 pulling a giant crowbar out of his butt to break open a door. Come on guys. Really?

- And (as we already know) Agent 47 looked like a skinny 20 year-old in the video. But we already knew that so hopefully the devs will make him look like he's supposed to look.

Note: I know the devs are working hard and there were definitely some promising things from the video but hopefully they address these issues I mentioned.

Irate_Iguana
5th Jul 2015, 17:23
- Instinct is back. For crying out loud, can we please just pretend that Absolution and this terrible feature that spawned from it never existed? Please don't bring back instinct!

Why do you hate Eagle Vision, Survival Instincts, Detective Mode, Focus, Dark Vision, Instinct? Don't you want to be held by the hand? Don't you want a built-in walkthrough? You aren't some kind of sicko that wants to explore on his own, are you?

LennartStek
5th Jul 2015, 21:47
I want to agree that he looks like a 20 year old boy. Especially with his eyes. This does concern me and does put me as a true fan from the beginning down. There was nothing wrong with his Absolution look. Also he will have the same voice, don't forget that guys, does it really fit with a 20 year old boy look? Also, isn't it after absolution or was it just a rumor?

Buscar88
6th Jul 2015, 08:02
47s face looks much better (mature) in the leaked alpha footage than the gameplay-trailer version.

In fact everything looks (and sounds) just fine: leveldesign, sound, music (!!), mimimap and normal map, inventory, briefing with diana..IO is doing a great job so far. Its like they combined everything positive of Blood Money and Absolution.

Interesting: Within the briefing with Diana she mentioned an older Character of Hitman (Delgado) and also says who is the client (MI6). IO should really publish this briefing (the sound file is enough). Very atmospheric and great music, I was completly camptivated. Good old times.

ShadowLine
6th Jul 2015, 08:23
I agree.

2.I'm worried too about needing to be connected to the internet/PlayStation plus.

3.I don't mind the name it is a bit confusing but we will get use to it.

4.I only buy physical copies too, because Microsoft screwed me over with a digital download a couple of years ago

thanks for the reply

Agent 47 is a Clone there is no younger version off him and ife he will look like that in the end game then this will be the first Hitman i dont buy ...

AngryMoustache
6th Jul 2015, 08:23
Whats this about a closed alpha? I had the survey and answered it all and I didn't get any message about how to download that alpha :/

Buscar88
6th Jul 2015, 08:36
Whats this about a closed alpha? I had the survey and answered it all and I didn't get any message about how to download that alpha :/

I don't know what is required to get access to the closed alpha. But I know that you can download it via Steam and PSN. I think you will receive an activation code via email, if you are one of the lucky guys who can play it.

Rubber_Ducky
6th Jul 2015, 15:01
It seems a lot of people are having problems downloading the alpha. Imagine if this happens at launch!

Howeverrrr.....i have videos of an entire level being played. The map is big. The animations are from Absolution. The graphics don't look much better than Absolution. Not much of a leap. It was like Absolution, but on a bigger scale. I did post a video and some screenshots on here, but they were pulled.