PDA

View Full Version : What's the purpose of gold now?

PencileyePirate
15th Jun 2015, 17:35
Now that mysterious item recharges are done in the forge I have nothing to spend my 200k gold on.

Da_Wolv
15th Jun 2015, 17:45
Amen.

GenFeelGood
15th Jun 2015, 18:19
All they gotta do is make crafting components purchasable with gold (from the store) and all will be well.

PencileyePirate
15th Jun 2015, 18:27
All they gotta do is make crafting components purchasable with gold (from the store) and all will be well.

I definitely like this idea, so long as all materials are for sale (blood should not be just a drop.)

GenFeelGood
15th Jun 2015, 18:50
The tab is in the store so it has to be coming very soon; and it has to purchasable with gold, otherwise you can't really say this isn't Pay To Win anymore. Blood being the rare component (in this game) is a bit silly; but after 20+ games since this started I have received 5 blood vials in total of 3 drops, 3 + 1 +1.

GenocidePete
15th Jun 2015, 19:54
The tab is in the store so it has to be coming very soon; and it has to purchasable with gold, otherwise you can't really say this isn't Pay To Win anymore. Blood being the rare component (in this game) is a bit silly; but after 20+ games since this started I have received 5 blood vials in total of 3 drops, 3 + 1 +1.
Collecting these items isn't as bad as it initially appears: I already have 25 blood, for example. You were probably just unlucky.

The Nosgoth team should learn from Hearthstone's example and make it so that just about everything can be acquired via gold with enough time. The "just about" qualifier precludes things like the evolved skins, because certain status symbols should have to be earned rather than purchased.

GenFeelGood
15th Jun 2015, 19:59
Collecting these items isn't as bad as it initially appears: I already have 25 blood, for example. You were probably just unlucky.

Is that 25 vials including the ones we received from the devs?

GenocidePete
15th Jun 2015, 20:51
Is that 25 vials including the ones we received from the devs?
I was unaware of anything received by the devs. I have 18 quicksilver as well. Was that also a handout?

GenFeelGood
15th Jun 2015, 21:59
They released a number of them to players based on their level.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156472

ApollosBow
15th Jun 2015, 23:59
They released a number of them to players based on their level.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156472

Yup, thats just a bandage over a deep gash though....but it didnt last me to long...created some items for my two mains, did a couple rerolls to get decent stats that didnt suck....0 vials left, and im a 50 so i got the max amount plus two or 3 from games and chests....0 left

GenFeelGood
16th Jun 2015, 00:59
Yup, thats just a bandage over a deep gash though....but it didnt last me to long...created some items for my two mains, did a couple rerolls to get decent stats that didnt suck....0 vials left, and im a 50 so i got the max amount plus two or 3 from games and chests....0 left

I also received the max from it, along with 5 from in the game; and I spent them all on my Vanguard, to help maximize him as I finally finish leveling him out.

Gugulug5000
16th Jun 2015, 09:13
I got a lot of blood vials (i can't remember the exact number) in a single chest for daily rewards with some of everything of all the rest of the components as well, so maybe daily rewards is the easiest way to get them.

Regarding the gold, a few of us were suggesting a while back 'gold sink skins' or banners and Cat said she'd pass the word on. It would be cool to see some awesome skins that are purchasable with gold (granted it would probably be something like 10K gold each).

lucinvampire
16th Jun 2015, 10:25
The tab is in the store so it has to be coming very soon

As mentioned by Cat:

Crafting materials are obtained by playing matches, salvaging equipment, and will be added in the store in a future patch. There is currently a new Crafting section listed in the store, but until these are added, this section will be empty.

Mentioned in the patch notes (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156397) thread.

Hopefully it wont take too long to appear there and I too am hoping this will mean they will be purchasable from gold!

Ygdrasel
16th Jun 2015, 19:06
I definitely like this idea, so long as all materials are for sale (blood should not be just a drop.)

Having blood on sale would suggest some treacherous humans collecting it to offer to the vampires...I like it. Can't wait for this stuff to pop up in the store though. Fairly solid gold sink for starters.