PDA

View Full Version : MISC. 3 comments from a noob

Silver_Hammer
15th Jun 2015, 03:35
OK I just started playing and the game is great, A few things however.

1. I understand what the forge is meant to do, but how do I use it? No tutorial or even help on how to use. The ingredients are far to expensive for trial and error. If anyone says. "you place an item then hit forge" thanks ahead of time. I can guess at it but I will have 1 try then I will be out of ingredients.

2. You want me to invite friends, then why make it so hard to do. I don't use Facebook or Twitter, and use web mail so I can not invite anyone? To much effort to help you. You want my help getting more to play make it easy. Game is linked to my Steam account and there is no easy way to invite my friends list that I can see. If there is, it is not easy.

3. Wow free game to try/test but how much money do you want. I have so many chests that are useless, unless I pay $20 to open 10. Then the weapons are rentals. Being to greedy kills games, look at Call of Duty for PC. Fist you pay $60 for the game the another $60 for all the maps (if you buy them all at once). Not to forget the season pass. That is why you can never play any of the game types. I was not to long ago the bonus maps were free. Yes I think Nvidea purchased the maps for all online players. When it costs money to get better at a game you lose fun value. It sucks to be a noob, but even more when you get destroyed because the 8 year old your playing against has purchased all the weapons.

I like this game but once it goes live for all I doubt it will remain fair and competitive. That free MMO starwars game was great. You can spend money if you want or just play longer for free. You do all the same things pay players can, just takes longer.

Keep up the good work, love the game

Bazielim
15th Jun 2015, 12:09
OK I just started playing and the game is great, A few things however.

1. I understand what the forge is meant to do, but how do I use it? No tutorial or even help on how to use. The ingredients are far to expensive for trial and error. If anyone says. "you place an item then hit forge" thanks ahead of time. I can guess at it but I will have 1 try then I will be out of ingredients.

2. You want me to invite friends, then why make it so hard to do. I don't use Facebook or Twitter, and use web mail so I can not invite anyone? To much effort to help you. You want my help getting more to play make it easy. Game is linked to my Steam account and there is no easy way to invite my friends list that I can see. If there is, it is not easy.

3. Wow free game to try/test but how much money do you want. I have so many chests that are useless, unless I pay $20 to open 10. Then the weapons are rentals. Being to greedy kills games, look at Call of Duty for PC. Fist you pay $60 for the game the another $60 for all the maps (if you buy them all at once). Not to forget the season pass. That is why you can never play any of the game types. I was not to long ago the bonus maps were free. Yes I think Nvidea purchased the maps for all online players. When it costs money to get better at a game you lose fun value. It sucks to be a noob, but even more when you get destroyed because the 8 year old your playing against has purchased all the weapons.

I like this game but once it goes live for all I doubt it will remain fair and competitive. That free MMO starwars game was great. You can spend money if you want or just play longer for free. You do all the same things pay players can, just takes longer.

Keep up the good work, love the game

1) The forge is fairly new - one of the frequent complaints at the moment is cost and rarity of items. Essentially you can add, recharge or break down extra properties with the appropriate amount of gold (the in-game awarded currency) or the other materials (which you gain for completing matches etc). Erm basically it is get the amount and click, but the properties are fairly random, so choose wisely. Tbh I think it's better to earn some of those type of weapons through drops at the end of a match and muck around with forging later when you have more to play with.

2) You should be able to easily invite anyone from your steam friends list, providing they have the game. Press Shift and Tab will open the steam overlay>, hit 'View Friends list' hit the drop down arrow and select 'invite to game'. There's even an 'invite to party' (with a plus icon) on the main menu of the game.

If you're talking about friend referrals - then the link here should explain: http://www.nosgoth.com/friend_referral basically the links on those are for you to receive your code . You should just be able to put in your webmail address to get the code posted there. Once you have it you can pretty much copy-paste it anywhere - including websites, comments sections, signatures and steam chat - where others can join and play from.

3) Nosgoth is not pay-to-win - it's about as far from that system as you can get. Ignore the chests - you don't need them: all they give is minor stats boosts with a random balanced effect (one +, one -; so you might have increased speed at the loss of power for example) - they're not better just a different option, like so much of this game.

Virtually all of the useful stuff in the game can be gained through the gold awarded in game, experience, daily rewards and random drops at the end of matches. The best tip if you want to get other weapons for example is to hire for a short period using gold, see which suits you best and then hire for longer until you can get each permanently - and even then it has the same sort of trade off as the stats; not better or worse really just different (and usually around the speed/power trade). Classes are awarded every 5 xp levels but again they're just a different way that is not inherently better or worse.

You'd be surprised, but later on some of the best play is still using the vanilla classes and weapon/abilities.