PDA

View Full Version : How to make people play FP and CTB

AntiqueGod
12th Jun 2015, 18:16
Hello!
So i got pretty simply idea how to force people play both mods and DM also.
Its pretty simply, just read it. I think this is going to help devs a lot.
If you are playing DM you will be able to get only blood vials from drops
If you are playing FP you will be able to get only relic shards and quick silver
If you are plyaing CTB you will be able to get only desert and dark materials
So this way you, if someone wants to forge something he must start playing FP or CTB to get materials. Also everyone needs materials for recharging their MI weapons.
If devs are going to make this, they need to put icons below modes, so people will know what kind of stuff they can get for crafting.

P.S Sorry for my bad english skills

GenFeelGood
12th Jun 2015, 18:54
ATM blood is what everyone is after, so this would actually make people play TD even more than FP or CTB. I do wish there was something like this, "We Don't Play For Fun Or For Victory. In This Place, We Play For Blood!"

senjuj
12th Jun 2015, 19:40
no way. CTB and FP should be removed. one american and european server to retain. on saved money to hire additional programmer. :D

KaininitePriestess
12th Jun 2015, 20:06
no way. CTB and FP should be removed. one american and european server to retain. on saved money to hire additional programmer. :D

I doubt you'll find that a very popular option.

Nordikc
12th Jun 2015, 21:19
CTB is the best game mode. It should have the blood. That way I can play more CTB.

Da_Wolv
13th Jun 2015, 13:14
Hello!
So i got pretty simply idea how to force people play both mods and DM also.
Its pretty simply, just read it. I think this is going to help devs a lot.

1st fault with this post: DON'T FORCE PLAYERS TO DO ANYTHING!

If you are playing DM you will be able to get only blood vials from drops
If you are playing FP you will be able to get only relic shards and quick silver
If you are plyaing CTB you will be able to get only desert and dark materials

.... No!

So this way you, if someone wants to forge something he must start playing FP or CTB to get materials. Also everyone needs materials for recharging their MI weapons.
If devs are going to make this, they need to put icons below modes, so people will know what kind of stuff they can get for crafting.

If the devs want us to play these modes, they need to:
1) Fix the damn bugs
2) Balance/fix the damn spawns
3) Reevaluate the game dynamics

Ysanoire
13th Jun 2015, 13:55
No, that wouldn't be a good way. People resent griding, being forced to play a mode for materials would just make them hate it.

Da_Wolv
13th Jun 2015, 14:03
No, that wouldn't be a good way. People resent griding, being forced to play a mode for materials would just make them hate it.

Exactly, even more people will quit than already have.

ApollosBow
13th Jun 2015, 15:46
I know this sounds weird but put the Capture the body mode in the center and TD on the right. Could lead to more people playing it because it will look like the more popular mode.

Something needs to be done because it takes me about 10-15min to find a game compared to the 1-2min to find a deathmatch, I really enjoy objective type mode, deathmatch is soooo boring and stale, don't know how people consistently play it over the more strategic modes.

Perhaps Change Team Deathmatch to make it a little more complex, Brainstorming below:

-Faster respawns for the losing team (1 second faster for every 2 kills behind, with maximum of 3s faster respawn)
-Introduce Rivals (Get killed by the same player 5 times and manage to kill him you get 200xp)

OR

Make Capture the Body more desirable

People have said this before and I think its been dismissed but if the devs could implement a patriarch to come forth once 1, 2 or 3 bodies have been sacrificed then everyone would want to play it. Just make the patriarch Turel and reskin a Tyrant, make him small bit bigger and give him like 2000 health, give him Charge (with the damage of charge and length of marathon) Throw & IP, maybe 5% melee and move speed also. Give it to a random player, 1 life of course.....could work very well.