PDA

View Full Version : PS4 HD Remaster Abandoned?

Derceto75
12th Jun 2015, 02:44
So, is SE trying to just duck it's head and hope people will just ignore that this game has been virtually broken since launch? Has it taken over a month to try and fix this thing so far? Or is SE just going to not care and leave one of it's most highly praised titles in a state of shame?

I'm still shocked how this thing made it out the door, much less the abundant evidence attesting to the lack of any care whatsoever in it's quality upon release. I would be incredibly embarassed to have released this in the state it's in.

Final Fantasy XIV was one thing. Entirely different thing. I figured SE would have learned to treat it's flagship franchise with much more care after that embarassing debacle. I suppose not.

In any case, I'm done with SE until I see any signs of long-term change in terms of QA. I will most definitely be doing my part to warn people of SE's quality standards these days. I know SE is not Squaresoft, but I sure wish it still was.

Seezer
12th Jun 2015, 14:53
I wholly agree. It's embarrassing.

I purchased the PS4 version full of hope and now I am not even bothering to remove the seal. The bug is that bad.

Will not purchase any more HD remasters from SE that's for sure. Even FF7 remaster have been mistreated, with the original "This guy are sick" translation from the 90s still there.

HBoss52
13th Jun 2015, 20:37
Unfortunately that's how it looks, the only official thing I can find is that they know it's a problem. Absolutely nothing on whether it will/will not be fixed. I'm stuck with what I have now, opened it and exchange is the only option I have. I did get a response, though I'm not sure how to interpret it.

We apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you have been experiencing. Unfortunately we have no ETA on a possible resolution but if there are any updates on the game, it will be posted on our main SQUARE ENIX website at na.square-enix.com. If you would like to pursue a refund, you would have to contact the original retailer at where you purchased the game from.

I replied to this with a concern about how the general consensus from the communities (including their own) is that there is little to no hope of this ever getting fixed. I'm almost sure that will help in anyway but this sad old person really just wanted to voice an opinion.

I wholly agree. It's embarrassing.

Will not purchase any more HD remasters from SE that's for sure. Even FF7 remaster have been mistreated, with the original "This guy are sick" translation from the 90s still there.

I'm part of the camp that kind of likes little quirks like that, though I understand completely that it should have been fixed somewhere after the what...10th rerelease? (at least that's what it feels like.)

EDIT: I'd like to add, it's still a bit early to say abandoned, but it's on it's way there. Currently I'd say they are showing little to no interest in fixing it, and if they are actually fixing it they should tell us so we stop complaining and have a bit of hope for future games/rereleases.

EDIT2: Well, I'm surprised to hear (read late last night) that they have patched Final Fantasy Type-0's camera controls and blur, which personally made me sick as hell while trying to play. So there may be hope yet for a patch for these issues. I wish that there were more communications about progress and plans for these type of things though.

mshall2
20th Jun 2015, 00:31
Well, I'm surprised to hear (read late last night) that they have patched Final Fantasy Type-0's camera controls and blur, which personally made me sick as hell while trying to play. So there may be hope yet for a patch for these issues. I wish that there were more communications about progress and plans for these type of things though.

This has also given me hope for a patch. I was going to buy the ps4 version until I heard about this issue and I think there are a lot of people who are making the same decision I did about buying it. For us that already own the ps3 version it becomes extra hard to justify the purchase of the ps4 one when it has issues. If they do patch it, then I am sure I will buy it.

HBoss52
20th Jun 2015, 01:34
This has also given me hope for a patch. I was going to buy the ps4 version until I heard about this issue and I think there are a lot of people who are making the same decision I did about buying it. For us that already own the ps3 version it becomes extra hard to justify the purchase of the ps4 one when it has issues. If they do patch it, then I am sure I will buy it.

Well, I bought it without knowledge of the bug, thought that there couldn't possibly be an issue with something that's been on two previous consoles with no major issues. I was wrong, and am stuck with it. Fortunately I got a limited edition and have the art calendar so it's not a total loss. I'm also in the minority and actually enjoy X-II quite a bit so all in all, I've not got a terrible deal, just really crappy that 1/2 my product isn't functional to me.

Koop87
17th Jul 2015, 21:14
Hi,

I posted this on another thread already but I'll post it here too. I emailed SE about the issue and actually got a response back:

"Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Final fantasy X/X-2.

Currently, we are investigating cases where the music is not looping correctly and the randomness of the encounters is not conducive to gameplay. We would like to thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us and thank you for your patience while we look in to this.

At this time, we do not have a timescale for when a fix may become available.

We do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused for you.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team"

Hopefully that means they actually are working on it.