PDA

View Full Version : What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

HeartOfLion
8th Jun 2015, 20:23
What kind of extras should Square add in a (hypothetical) PS3/PS4/whatever Zodiac HD edition?

Leon_Beoulve
8th Jun 2015, 23:21
Woo hoo! First vote!

HeartOfLion
9th Jun 2015, 15:52
It's not fair!:(
I want to know what is your perfect extra!
I'm curious, so spill the beans!

Leon_Beoulve
10th Jun 2015, 07:17
Yeah, I suppose I should have put that in the first response, huh? Oops. Honestly, I think I'd like to see Revenant Wings bundled with it. I don't know how that would work but it should be doable, I expect.

mshall2
13th Jun 2015, 15:16
Personally I would like an art book and additional gaming content. I especially would be interested in them making the additional gaming content and potentially changes being in the form of the originally desired, but unrealized ones of the Zodiac Job team. I know there was many changes they wanted to implement, but they were unable to make due to not having enough time and manpower. I think it would be awesome if they were given enough time to go back and make those changes so that the game more aligned with their vision.

Also more marks would be great and even an extra bonus dungeon. Honestly I understand if they don't add some of those things. Other possibly good additions would be a remastered soundtrack IF they give the option to switch back and forth between it in the original. Personally I preferred the original FFX soundtrack over FFX HD's.

Yet, even if they do not give us anything, but the remastered game I would be happy!

I would have voted in your poll, but it would not let me for some reason.

HeartOfLion
13th Jun 2015, 18:25
If changes are such that the game is more akin to Matsuno's vision, count me in.

Personally, I found remastered soundtracks from PS1/PS2 era pointless, just a way to spill more money.

I can understand if they recreate a score, originally made with synthesizers, in an orchestral form: it's something "new", in a way.

But a score that has many orchestral pieces?

By the way, I'm all for the real Fran in a blister, but if she's unavailable, Jote or Mjrn are ok for me.

You couldn't vote? It's strange, I didn't put a time limit for the users to vote.

Have you contacted support?

mshall2
14th Jun 2015, 02:46
HeartOfLion: I think I know what the issue is. I rarely post in the forums so I have a fairly low post count and I looked it up and apparently all forum user must reach a certain post count before they can vote in polls.

Yeah I think that would be awesome if they made changes to help align it more with Matsuno's vision. That would definitely be my top choice for additions in the remastered game.

In regards to the soundtrack I think it would be a nice touch (assuming they also give us the option to use the original as well), but its also not something I think is worth getting super excited over. I also for the most part agree with what your saying about the soundtrack. There is just a limited amount of improvement possible on it because the original already had both good sound quality and compositions. The other reason its not necessarily something I'd personally get super excited over is because in my opinion their other remastered soundtracks have often included some poor choices in the remastering, such as in a few of ffx hd's songs and in almost all of ff iv's ds remastered soundtrack.

However, I will say I actually really liked the orchestric VIII cd and the live orchestra version of vii's songs. So I actually do like them orchestrating ps1 era stuff thought I also see where your coming from about it. Yet, I definitely do feel the largest returns from orchestrating compositions comes from the Pre-Playstation ff songs.

I am definitely excited for E3. Hopefully in a few days we will get the announcement we are hoping for and find out about any possible additions or bonuses they are including with it.

Leon_Beoulve
15th Jun 2015, 00:23
"I am definitely excited for E3"

Every party needs a pooper, and since no one else has said it, I will: E3 will have nothing about Zodiac HD.

HeartOfLion
15th Jun 2015, 13:49
However, I will say I actually really liked the orchestric VIII cd and the live orchestra version of vii's songs.

I think you are referring to the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec CD.
I like it so much.
Its only flaws are the few songs and the fact that only half of the songs in the tracklist are actually redone in a an orchestral form, all the others are already present in the original OST.
It’s a little off topic but, if you have the chance, hear the Dragon Quest VIII orchestral soundtrack, it’s so much better in comparison to the original Japanese one (luckily, EU and NA game versions have the orchestral OST) .
By the way, I contacted support.
If other users have the same issue and if support can’t fix the problem, I’ll create another thread with the same poll, to let vote all FF XII fans willing to do it.
I apologize in advance for this.

E3 will have nothing about Zodiac HD.

Leon_Beoulve, you were right, upper echelons don't read posts.

Leon_Beoulve
18th Jun 2015, 03:22
I don't really follow gaming news but I heard E3 happened recently. I don't suppose there was any news of Zodiac HD?

mshall2
19th Jun 2015, 02:09
Leon_Beoulve, Yes, you were indeed right there was no announcement related to it. However, Square Enix did have a lot of good announcements and a good show. Maybe at their next conference.

HeartOfLion, Yes, I was referring to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. It is one of my favorite FF music cds. It is unfortunate that there were some non orchestrate tracks on it. I doubt Liberi Fatali would have sounded any better if orchestrated, but some of the others would have likely experience improvement if orchestrated.

I will try to check out the Dragon Quest VIII orchestral soundtrack at some point since you recommend it. Ho I've never actually played any Dragon Quests and haven't ever had much interest in playing them. I do plan on giving one of the better ones in the series a shot one day to be fair to series. It would be cool to hear some new music I have never heard before maybe I'll find some new music gems in the soundtrack. Are there any specific tracks that you would recommend?

I appreciate you contacting support about it.

HeartOfLion
19th Jun 2015, 20:39
I don't really follow gaming news but I heard E3 happened recently. I don't suppose there was any news of Zodiac HD?

Yes, there was no FF XII announcement, because they are now with their hands full with FF VII remake.
Honestly, I pity them, because no matter what they will do, there will ever be fan(atic)s who will foam at their mouths for whatever is against their idea of immutable canon: they will criticize voice actors (and acting in general) and every little change made for whatever reason.
This also could mean that SE won’t spend time to add something new to XII; I bet they will simply take the Zodiac version and upscale it.

HeartOfLion, Yes, I was referring to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. It is one of my favorite FF music cds.

They had better to add more tracks, a two discs edition should have been mandatory.
I’ll tell you the truth, I only played Dragon Quest VIII, but I liked both the story and the voice acting.
If you are a Dragon Ball fan, you’ll surely appreciate the character design!
The two discs CD is a must, the author is very talented, even if "a bit" controversial.
Let me hear it again, so that I can tell you the titles of the tracks I enjoyed the most.

Do you want to laugh?
More than a week after my help request to support, no solution was offered, but they sent me a survey to ask me if I was satisfied by their efforts in helping me!

mshall2
20th Jun 2015, 00:22
Yes, there was no FF XII announcement, because they are now with their hands full with FF VII remake.
Honestly, I pity them, because no matter what they will do, there will ever be fan(atic)s who will foam at their mouths for whatever is against their idea of immutable canon: they will criticize voice actors (and acting in general) and every little change made for whatever reason.

I completely agree. I am fairly happy that they are doing the remake because I am really interested in how it will turn out and because it will end the demands for a remake. Hopefully it will turn out well.

I definitely agree that the FF VII remake is probably negatively affecting Square Enix's ability to remaster FF XII. However, seeing how they outsource almost all of the work on most of their other remasters theoretically it could have a smaller impact than we think. This is assuming they are seriously considering/planning to remaster it and that all of their big projects are not causing there to be cash flow issues preventing them from beginning it. I still have a small bit of hope that maybe they have actually have already started it and just not announced it to avoid the long length of time between announcement and release (the FF X/X-2 announcement to release timespan was ridiculously long for a remaster). I also agree with you and think a remaster would likely just be an upscaled Zodiac version of FF XII with maybe one or two minor changes or additions.

I have heard that DQ VIII is one of the better ones and it will probably be the one I try first. I will definitely give the soundtrack a listen to at some point.

That is pretty funny that they would send you a satisfaction survey after not helping. Maybe they automatically send it to everyone who contacts support.

HeartOfLion
21st Jun 2015, 19:36
Mah, if it turns out like the outsourced PS3 FF X, who got upscaling only for main characters and not NPCs and background, or like PS4 FF X, who had its RNG broken, I suspect it won’t turn out very well…

FF VII -for me- IS a big cash cow, so expect every form of useless DLC (from something like Lightning’s outfits, to the abomination of offering a stats boost in exchange of real money, not gil), but also expect entire chapters to be added as DLC Ă* la FF XIII-2.

The only guarantee for a job well done is the ravaging fanbase that will maul them should they do something, at the very least technically, subpar.

FF XII, on the other hand, could not have the same luck, since SE felt ashamed for creating it and decide to atone for its sins by giving us XIII trilogy and hell on earth.

HeartOfLion
24th Jun 2015, 10:47
mshall2, I finally found the time to hear Dragon Quest VIII CD and honestly I couldn’t find a single track I don’t like.

If I have to choose, my favorites are Overture, Marching through the fields, Chatting, Mysterious tower, War cry, Heavenly flight.

The CD is still available on various sites if you, like me, are a collector and prefer a physical copy rather than a digital one.

I suspect that giving another site’s address is vaguely against the rules, so PM me.

mshall2
1st Jul 2015, 02:34
@HeartOfLion Thanks for re-listening to the soundtrack for me and giving me your recommendations. I went ahead and listen to some of the tracks and they sounded pretty good. I might consider getting the soundtrack.

Yes, I am like you and prefer to have physical copies of soundtracks and most forms of media in general. I will probably send you a PM about it later on.

Also despite the flaws in the FF X remasters I would still have reasonable hopes for a good remaster of FF XII if they decide to outsource it. Of course I would prefer it if its done in house since that would most likely give us the best chance of having new content added into the game or more than just visual changes made. I think overall it would have more potential if at least some work was done in house. I actually was pleased with the FF X remaster on the PS3 thought I do wish they had went ahead and made some of the additional graphical improvements they made on the PS4 version. I actually was thinking about getting the PS4 version, but the RNG error is a really big issue that I can't believe is in that edition. That alone is enough to make many people like me choose to not get the PS4 version. I am still hoping that they will choose to patch the game to remove the error even though I realize it is somewhat unlikely. The recent patch they made for Type-0 makes me believe its possible they may eventually patch it.

Also I agree with you about the remake. I expect that no matter how good the remake is for VII there will be overzealous fans that harshly criticize it.

HeartOfLion
1st Jul 2015, 14:41
If you like orchestral OSTs, I’d suggest you to buy/hear, aside from Uematsu’s music, Vagrant Story, Okami, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus OSTs and also, among the less known games, Phantasy Star Universe complete OST (also known as For brighter day CD box).
I also found very interesting the many concerts Uematsu held in various parts of the world.
Maybe I should create a thread to discuss music in and out of gaming world…

Regarding the outsourcing, I expect the external team to do only what it had been told to, so nothing new unless approved by the mother company, that is, only a technical work, nothing more.
But Square’s story shows how they couldn’t handle not only foreign market, but marketing in general as well: as a non English mother tongue speaker, I can’t forget that they never contractually obliged importers to translate FF VII, Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story and also that they never officially imported the pocket station, that was integral to reach 100% completion in FF VIII.
Or how can I forget the official FF IX guide, that never gave hints, but instead forced the reader to go to Square’s site to find the answers?
Many in my country considered it Square’s lowest point, almost a fraud.
And, by the way, have you ever seen a company that doesn’t patch when needed, but only after many people ask for it?

FF VII will be a bloodbath unless they will be so smart (something I doubt) to give options to customize the gaming experience so that the various kind of players can all be happy, like adding an option to switch on the fly from turn based to real time combat.

Leon_Beoulve
1st Jul 2015, 20:17
Dood, the Brady guide for Final Fantasy IX! I had suppressed the memory of that thing! That is literally the only book of any type I've ever bought that I intentionally tore to shreds. What %)($!^@ moron decided it was a good idea to release a strategy guide (one that cost actual, real world currency) that just told you to look it up on the internet!? %)($ you, Brady! %)($ you!

HeartOfLion
1st Jul 2015, 20:53
Even if I don’t like Bradygames guides and consider them vastly inferior to Piggyback ones, I must admit that this time (and this time only) it wasn’t their fault, but a decision from Square itself.
All official IX guides were made that way, but they required the same amount of money of a full guide.
This is THE scandal. :mad:
Mine was half burned at the stake, half used for pigs.

mshall2
7th Jul 2015, 02:02
Haha yes, the Final Fantasy IX guide was a complete disaster. Literally the most useless guide ever. I mean I guess its kind of nice that there was an official online guide that you could use (even thought online free faqs are easily available and generally really good), but it completely defeated the purpose of a physical guide that cost money. The notion of having a physical guide that requires referencing an online guide is unbelievably idiotic. On a side note the online portions of the guide can still be accessed through online archives though so they have not been lost.

@HeartOfLion Also your definitely right. The Piggyback guides tend to be much better than the Bradygames guides. Especially when you look at the Final Fantasy XII guide. The Piggyback guide for XII is definitely one of the most beautiful guides of all time. If you have never seen it, then you should definitely check it out. I believe it was only released in Europe and thus never officially was released in the US.

On that note and as a way to realign this thread with its original purpose, another potentially good addition to a FF XII Zodiac Job Remaster would be to include a very nice guide with it. I was thinking of an updated version of the already superb Piggyback FF XII guide. At the very least it would be nice if another guide as nice as that one gets released with the remaster.

@HeartOfLion I actually have heard most of the other soundtracks you mentioned. I have the Vagrant Story soundtrack and have played through Okami and most of Ico and thus have heard a lot of their soundtracks as well.

Leon_Beoulve
7th Jul 2015, 03:13
Speaking of Vagrant Story, how about packaging it with XII too? Put out an Ivalive Alliance compendium, perhaps?

mshall2
8th Jul 2015, 00:01
Speaking of Vagrant Story, how about packaging it with XII too? Put out an Ivalive Alliance compendium, perhaps?

This would be awesome! I also think its a possibility given the games included in the Kingdom Heart remasters. I think they might would also consider including a version of some of the tactic games with it, which they would have three to choose from. If they did do a compendium and included a remastered version of Tactics, War of the Lions I think it would be a big crowd pleaser with a lot of sales or if they did XII, Vagrant Story, and Tactics, War of the Lions....just wow! Another interesting thing that would be interesting is if Square Enix considered doing a Tactics compilation.

Leon_Beoulve suggestion for the remaster would almost certainly be my most desired extra!

HeartOfLion
8th Jul 2015, 19:56
@HeartOfLion Also your definitely right. The Piggyback guides tend to be much better than the Bradygames guides. Especially when you look at the Final Fantasy XII guide. The Piggyback guide for XII is definitely one of the most beautiful guides of all time. If you have never seen it, then you should definitely check it out. I believe it was only released in Europe and thus never officially was released in the US.

I know.

I own it.

My prrrrecioussss.

The limited edition in faux leather was given to me for my birthday, back in 2006, along with the game.
It’s a Piggyback exclusive, only available in EU, since Piggyback holds the rights for the entire continent.
The guide is available in the five main European languages (mine is in Italian).
Although a real masterpiece, is essential to fully enjoy and complete the game.
Take the Zodiac Spear, for example, you’ll never EVER be able to obtain it if you don’t know what treasure chests do NOT open and you’ll never get this information from any NPC.
Paraphrasing Front Mission 3 intro, Square never learns.
Mark my words: if the game reaches western shores, Piggyback won’t lose the chance to do a new guide!
But since I feel they will sell it separately, I would be satisfied with a big, one hundred page art book printed on luxury paper.

Leon_Beoulve, yours is a wonderful idea but let me tell you one thing, before accusations of blasphemy hit me: instead of a VII remake, I would have liked more a Vagrant Story sequel! :eek:
With Matsuno at the helm!

Excuse me but now I have to flee, I see lit up torches and pitchforks…

xFernando
20th Jul 2015, 17:54
The best extra is launch a version for PC in 1080p, it could also be provided by steam as many other versions of the series. If possible with subtitles in Portuguese in Brazil. Final Fantasy XII is epic, should not die in the PS2 platform. :)

Peepzzz
21st Jul 2015, 11:24
They should change/invert the camera control

HeartOfLion
21st Jul 2015, 12:31
Well, technically this thread is about extras BEYOND the game itself.
While I agree about a PC/Mac version, if it will be created, it will surely be a Steam version.
Since I loathe their policy of forced game activation and all subsequent crap, and since Square had recently made only Steam conversions of their games, all my preferences go towards a console version.
By the way, if they have added Portuguese to FF XIII, I see no reason why they shouldn’t add it to the XII HD version.
That said, to stick to this thread’s subject, tell me your preferred external extra!

Sh1nRa358
2nd Aug 2015, 19:52
Please have the following in this!:

-Each character can have 2 jobs. You can have a switch command to switch jobs in battle. It will take up a turn to do this. So many weapons go un-used in this game and this is the only way to utilize all of them. You will be able to set up your gear twice per character per class in the menu. However, if you want the same item included in both jobs, you will need 2 items (it taking up a turn and it not allowing equipment sharing are nerfs to make the character not over powered)

-International based version with the US version's version of Yiazmat. You can still allow debuffs if ya want though.

-Faster chest respawns.

-Some other way of getting the Genji Helmets and Duranjo without being so annoying.

-Keep the ps2's processing effects but just make them look appropriate for the uprezzing. Do not delete effects. Make it optional to turn off or on at least.

-INCLUDE CONTROLLER RUMBLE! No rumble no buy. I do not like that you are removing rumble from all of the steam games of FF. Kills the emersion.

-Make last boss stronger in all forms.

-Incorporate the Judge tower battles in-game instead of as a side game.

HeartOfLion
4th Aug 2015, 13:12
Add (even if OT, but since no one seems to care, let me join):

better voice quality (not the acting, that is perfect -save for Larsa- but the sound itself),

a new game + mode with the chance to maintain at least the new uber-rare invisible weapons,

the chance to choose the standard or the new license boards,

the chance to change jobs, even forcing the player to have different jobs for every team member,

the chance to have all the team on the battlefield during summoning, instead of only the summoner,

miniquest to choose Ashe’s new husband,

AAANNND (drum roll!) repainted Vaan’s abs!

Leon_Beoulve
16th Aug 2015, 03:42
Screw it, I'm bored, so I'm gonna add a few things. How about some new characters? Put Ramza Lugria in it. Maybe Ashley Riot too. If Balthier can cameo in War of the Lions, why not have some new blood join Ashe and co.

HeartOfLion
19th Aug 2015, 16:28
Screw it, I'm bored, so I'm gonna add a few things. How about some new characters? Put Ramza Lugria in it. Maybe Ashley Riot too. If Balthier can cameo in War of the Lions, why not have some new blood join Ashe and co.

I agree, but why Ashley Riot is in and Callo Merlose is not?

They didn’t gave her much screen time, but I have the distinct feeling that she would have been a heavy hitter as good as Tifa, if only she weren’t an NPC.

Plus she was so sexy with her armored stainless steel heels!

But if I have to remain within XII border, I’d like to have a playable moogle (my choice is Nono, can you imagine an attack from a so diminutive being with machinery out of nowhere?) or Migelo or even a chocobo.

Leon_Beoulve
20th Aug 2015, 13:40
I agree, but why Ashley Riot is in and Callo Merlose is not?

They didn’t gave her much screen time, but I have the distinct feeling that she would have been a heavy hitter as good as Tifa, if only she weren’t an NPC.

Plus she was so sexy with her armored stainless steel heels!

But if I have to remain within XII border, I’d like to have a playable moogle (my choice is Nono, can you imagine an attack from a so diminutive being with machinery out of nowhere?) or Migelo or even a chocobo.

Hmm, acceptable. If we're gonna have this many characters to choose from though, we may need to raise the party cap. What do you think of having six people on the field?

HeartOfLion
20th Aug 2015, 14:56
Hmm, acceptable. If we're gonna have this many characters to choose from though, we may need to raise the party cap. What do you think of having six people on the field?

It could be a little daunting task to micromanage all of them.

I generally let the gambits manage the party members save for the leader, who is under my direct control.

I’ve learned that in the toughest battles you often have to manually input commands to the other party members, since battle conditions change greatly and quickly as soon as the boss’ HP are depleted.

So I’d say that 4 is the perfect number for the boss battles, while in the open, against hordes upon hordes of lesser enemies, big brawls with all the muscles and the firepower I can put on the field would be too fun.

All these ideas make me want to go crack some skull again, I think it’s the perfect way to enjoy my birthday!

mshall2
21st Aug 2015, 01:35
I agree with HeartOfLion. I feel like it could be difficult to micromanage everyone. I think 4 characters would be managable, but I still think I would prefer it to remain 3 characters.

I also think it would potentially mess up the balancing of the game and would require more rebalancing than I would like. Thus, I would prefer if characters from the Ivalice Alliance were added in as NPC's as cameo appearances and not as playable controllable characters.

Leon_Beoulve
21st Aug 2015, 08:40
I agree with HeartOfLion. I feel like it could be difficult to micromanage everyone. I think 4 characters would be managable, but I still think I would prefer it to remain 3 characters.

I also think it would potentially mess up the balancing of the game and would require more rebalancing than I would like. Thus, I would prefer if characters from the Ivalice Alliance were added in as NPC's as cameo appearances and not as playable controllable characters.

I see your (and by extension, HoL's) point.... but I've been waiting for nearly twenty years for a true Tactics sequel. I need to play as Ramza for another game and Elder Scrolls Online really isn't cutting it, so he gets to be in XII HD Ultra.

HeartOfLion
21st Aug 2015, 13:20

In all honesty, I don’t think these extra characters would break the game, maybe the story, since XII is not that bumbling mess that XIII-2 is.

If I have to see (and play, there’s no reason for me to have them as NPCs cameos) characters from different Ivalice’s eras, I need some Matsuno-like explanation for their presence that does not revolve around time travel or different realities, but judging from the current level of writing, this spells disaster all over.

Even if I’d love to see characters from Vagrant Story & Tactics Ogre in XII, I could be satisfied even with characters that, in some way, are connected with them, like distant ancestors or descendants.

Leon_Beoulve
27th Aug 2015, 00:13
In all honesty, I don’t think these extra characters would break the game, maybe the story, since XII is not that bumbling mess that XIII-2 is.

If I have to see (and play, there’s no reason for me to have them as NPCs cameos) characters from different Ivalice’s eras, I need some Matsuno-like explanation for their presence that does not revolve around time travel or different realities, but judging from the current level of writing, this spells disaster all over.

Even if I’d love to see characters from Vagrant Story & Tactics Ogre in XII, I could be satisfied even with characters that, in some way, are connected with them, like distant ancestors or descendants.

I'm not sure where the storylines of Vagrant Story or Tactics Ogre fit into the timeline, so I can't really say anything about them, but as for Tactics characters, I think the way they worked Balthier into War of the Lions was okay. Hell, maybe getting them could be a sidequest line like the bonus characters were in Tactics.

HeartOfLion
28th Aug 2015, 17:29
Leon_Beoulve, yours is a great idea.

And since it occurred to me to remember that originally Matsuno only took some elements from Vagrant Story as an inspiration, not to link the two games together, so… why not?

XII will be Ultra for me only when they implement some much needed changes that will go beyond a simple Zodiac remaster and your idea is a good start in the right direction.

Hi mshall2, how are you?
Long time no see!
Still interested in those links to the OST CDs?

mshall2
31st Aug 2015, 05:33
Leon_Beoulve mentioning the timeline got me curious about it. So I looked it up on the FF wiki. Its supposedly FF XII, FF XII Revenant Wings, FFT A2 Grimiore of the Rift (main story), FFT, Vagrant Story, FFT Advance, FFT A2 Grimiore of the Rift (prologue & Epilogue). Leon_Beoulve you mentioned Tactics Ogre in regards to the Ivalice timeline. I'd always been under the impression the Tactic Ogre series was at least not confirmed to be in the same universe, but have never played it or really looked into it enough to confirm. Does the game reference or hint at being part of the Ivalice Alliance? Maybe I will get around to playing Tactics Ogre one day. Is Tactic Ogre's story the same quality as FFT? I have always heard that series was one of the best in the SRPG genre.

Anyway, speaking of timelines, and extra I would like is if they gave us an art book and they spent a section in it discussing Ivalice's history, the timeline, and gave us more information about it in general. I think it would be interesting to know more about how the games relate.

Hi HeartOfLion, I am doing well, but have been busy finishing up work and getting adjusted to graduate school. As you can tell I have not been on very much lately. I hope you are also doing well.
Yes, I am still interested. If you want, you can PM me them. By the way I usually get my soundtrack cds off of eBay and Amazon or if its particularly hard to find YesAsia or Cd-Japan.

Leon_Beoulve
31st Aug 2015, 13:38
@mshall2
I haven't really played Tactics Ogre either. I only mentioned it because HeartofLion did. I actually downloaded it for the Vita last year, but couldn't get into it.

HeartOfLion
1st Sep 2015, 17:19
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was abroad because my cousin requested my presence at his wedding .
Mshall2, you are right, I forgot that Tactics Ogre is not part of the Ivalice Alliance, I was confused by the fact that it shares with Vagrant and XII the same mastermind behind them, the one and only Matsuno.
I played it many years ago and enjoyed it, but after so many years, minute details are slightly difficult to retrace…
To have an idea of what Matsuno accomplished in overhauling the game (and since I’m too lazy to make a list) take a look at this page:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums/topic/7786365/1/
As always with Matsuno at the helm, the game is filled with political stuff, but also great skull-cracking battles.
Tactics Ogre was released before FFT. Since the games share some of the core designers, it’s wise to say that they were at the very least influenced by their older work when they conceived FFT.
I totally agree (see poll above) with the art book idea: I bought the Ultimania Omega book, inside there’s a very small art section and even with such a few excerpts I was speechless.
I can’t imagine what will be of my poor heart should I face such a massive amount of original art.
Add a massive data section and this will be my last post.

mshall2
8th Sep 2015, 04:36
@HeartOfLion No worries about the delay. I have a tendency to go awhile between post myself and your usually much quicker about responding than me. Anyway.... Thanks for the link. I read through it and it does a really good job explaining all of the changes. It sounds like that I would enjoy Tactics Ogre since I also enjoyed FFT. I am not certain when I would have time to play it, but hopefully I will at some point.

I've never gotten any of the Ultimanias, but from the screenshots I've seen of them they look really cool. I definitively agree about the concept art. All of XII's art that I've seen has been really beautiful. I am a big fan of the the FF series's art in general and was very happy to see that XII had good concept art, despite Amano not doing the majority of it (please correct me if I am wrong).

HeartOfLion
9th Sep 2015, 13:14
If my memory serves me correctly, the main artists on XII were Yo****aka Amano, Isamu Kamikokuryo and Hideo Minaba, the last two also as art directors.
Isamu Kamikokuryo himself stated that, though the development of Final Fantasy XII took a long time, because of the development length he could paint the art for the game in fine detail, and it is because he took so long to make the art for the game that the final game achieved its much praised look.

@mshall2
I haven't really played Tactics Ogre either. I only mentioned it because HeartofLion did. I actually downloaded it for the Vita last year, but couldn't get into it.

Leon_Beoulve, don’t worry if you didn’t like Tactics Ogre, we all have our likes and dislikes.
If I may, I suggest that you play Front Mission 3, very strategic, very political, full of plot twists and with two (!) different storylines.
And with robots.

Leon_Beoulve
11th Sep 2015, 02:54
Leon_Beoulve, don’t worry if you didn’t like Tactics Ogre, we all have our likes and dislikes.
If I may, I suggest that you play Front Mission 3, very strategic, very political, full of plot twists and with two (!) different storylines.
And with robots.

I think the biggest problem I had with it (aside from having too many other games demanding my attention) was that it reminded me of Tactics just enough to make me want to go back and play Tactics. I've always had the same problem with Final Fantasy V.

HeartOfLion
18th Sep 2015, 20:11
Same problem here, but with different games.
Anyway, since this thread is about external bonuses, have you seen the new Fran?
I was talking with mshall2 through PM about prices, why don’t you join us?

Leon_Beoulve
26th Sep 2015, 06:51
New Fran?

HeartOfLion
26th Sep 2015, 15:58
The new Play Arts Kai Fran figure, 31 centimeters (or 12 inches if you prefer) of goodness and bliss!

HeartOfLion
20th Oct 2015, 15:14
It seems that not even Fran’s gracefulness is enough to revive my thread or people’s imagination over XII desired extras is lower than expected (or is it a matter of shyness bigger than expected?)

Leon_Beoulve
7th Jun 2016, 04:50
IT'S FINALLY COMING!

redwolf6767
7th Jun 2016, 05:02
I know! I am super excited! I am looking forward to any more information they might announce about it at E3.

redwolf6767
7th Jun 2016, 05:38
Its also almost certain they will release a special edition of the game. It'll be really interesting to see what they decide to include in it.

Hopefully we'll get to see sooner, rather than later what things on our wishlist make it into the remaster and into its likely to be released collector's edition version.

mshall2
7th Jun 2016, 05:45
AAANNND (drum roll!) repainted Vaan’s abs!

Yes, maybe this essential feature that we previously discussed will get highlighted at E3. haha

HeartOfLion
7th Jun 2016, 19:32
(Almost) good news…

Trailer and ads tell us only that it’s an HD version with the same game features of the original PS2 Zodiac version (bonus dvd excluded).

The fact that it will be available in 2017 can be interpreted in two ways: either they are taking their time to implement new features, since with simply the old ones they could sell the game right now, or they don’t bother of any change and simply want to avoid to have two heavyweights (XII and XV) stealing each other’s room and gains.

Esmeralda178
1st Jul 2016, 03:05
I want to be able to switch Vaan in town and play another character. Probably wont happens, but i really wish they would add this feature. It is a very bad design choice to only be able to control vaan in town...

HeartOfLion
28th Jul 2016, 20:27
Well, other than all the things I already wrote about, I’d like to not being job locked and to add armor on the guys and gals.

Oh, and I want Nono on the team too!

…Subliminal message: repaint Vaan's abs…

rainesohma
5th Aug 2016, 19:06
I don't want any extras except a Vita version, make it happen Square

LANutti
1st May 2017, 13:01
Hello, good folks.
I don't know if this thread is being monitored by someone connected to the development of the game, but I figured it was worth posting my suggestions for improving the gameplay experience of Final Fantasy XII either way. They are not major changes in any way, just some gameplay, interface and mechanics adjustments. I understand that the game is now just two months away from release, but most of my proposed changes would only require some programming work and I do think they would make the game noticeably better.

Hard Mode
Experienced players will surely appreciate this. Could be as easy as multiplying the enemies' stats, but enemy-specified (or at least boss-specific) changes would also be welcome. Difficulty level could be changed in the Config menu at any time or selected at the beginning of the game, after which it is locked. Several difficulty levels could be added for even greater challenge. An Easy Mode could of course also be included.

Enemy stats and items viewable in the bestiary
Could become available after an enemy is defeated the number of times that is required to unlock the additional part of that enemy's Bestiary entry. For enemies that do not have additional page(s), such as bosses, marks, etc., the stats could become available after the first time that the enemy/boss/mark/rare game is defeated. It would also be most helpful if enemy stats and items could be viewed in battle, perhaps by pressing Square or Select when you're targeting an enemy (provided that the info has been unlocked).

Requirements for Bazaar goods viewable in-game
Perhaps by way of finding an item, defeating a certain type of enemy a number of times (thus unlocking the specific Aletap Rumor) or by advancing to a certain point in the game. After the requirements has been met, the Bazaar item should be viewable in the Bazaar menu itself. The Bazaar glitch, which resets the counter of the items used for a certain Bazaar good to zero, even if the Bazaar good in question did not require all of the items of that kind that the player has turned in, should also be removed.

An easier way to get the dagger Danjuro
As has been mentioned before, the dagger Danjuro, which drops from the Larva Eater, is almost impossible to get in the game. It's not likely that more than a handful of players has ever gotten it. Could be made a Bazaar good or found in a regular chest in one of the end-game dungeons.

Some clues to how rare games are found

Option to skip longer animations in battle

A system function that stops characters with Steal Gambit(s) from attempting to steal from an enemy that has already been stolen from

Better stats for Fran (either higher Strength or Magic)

appsmartvn
25th Jul 2017, 05:21
I will: E3 will have nothing about Zodiac HD

HeartOfLion
12th Aug 2017, 17:25
I'd have liked also an easier way to get Seitengrat and all the Zodiac-exclusive weapons.

But one of my most fervent wish did not come true: the Original Fran as an extra...

Davidfrye
26th Sep 2017, 10:29
I would also like to able to switch Vaan in town and play another character.