PDA

View Full Version : What I must NOT see in Mankind Divided

Troicheil
7th Jun 2015, 14:51
I loved Human Revolution. Right up to the boss fight where the boss turned off my augmentations due to the upgrade that had a kill switch in it. This was the most underhanded thing I that had been done to me in a video game since that Nintendo game that actually read the controller you were using (I have gone blank on the game title). I sold Human Revolution the same day. A game should be hard to beat and have nuances of play but to allow the player to make such a devastating decision with no inkling as to the ramifications until many hours later is just too much.

I am looking forward to Mankind Divided but would like some promise that I won't be stabbed in the back by the game.

xaduha3
7th Jun 2015, 17:08
That was an obvious mouse trap, what were you expecting? I hope they won't do that again, but not for the same reason as yours. I want my games to backstab me a bit more... deftly.

BTW there's this

4v1X5F0d58I

I don't know if it was possible to do with that "kill-switch" though

APostLife
8th Jun 2015, 00:01
I expect twists to happen in MD, but I thought the killswitch one in HR was poorly executed in some ways. Like you said, the player cannot really find out more about this until it actually happens.

Siddhartha_
14th Jun 2015, 12:49
Pritchard made it abundantly clear that getting the upgrade was a risky choice, I thought it was a pretty clear indication of a trap anyway.

zwanzig_zwoelf
16th Jun 2015, 20:02
Brother, I believe you need to relax hahaha, really, are you questioning the intentions of our Eidos masters?

Honestly, if carefully crafted emotional experience is too hard for you, I understand that, I broke the disk in half after beating the game 7 times and not finding a clue about Pritchard's gayness. I was hoping for some hardcore love scenes featuring dawn, orange juice on apple trees and hot baths together, but I found NOTHING! Eidos Montreal, my masters, stop being so cruel to me, please.

Salfurium
16th Jun 2015, 21:39
There was a lot of info regarding the new biochip in the TYM labs. If a player rushed through not reading anything (or listening to the scientists) they would have missed it, but I think that wasn't too bad.
I never got the replacement chip, even in my first play through. I somehow felt uncomfortable doing it.

Tverdyj
22nd Jun 2015, 14:56
I enjoyed the no-augs battle. At that point it was the only thing that could make Namir a challenge for me and my trusty assault minigun I picked up @ Picus an lugged everywhere with me just to mow down bosses in an otherwise stealthy, non-violent playthrough.

Torkegamer
22nd Jun 2015, 23:23
My personal gripe with HR was that a kill would give XP depending on certain factors. I would move that all kills/stuns give the same amount of XP no matter what, because if you want to do a guns blazing run you are only getting 10 xp per kill, but if you do a stun and stealth run you are getting significantly more due to bonuses. For a game that encourages your way to play, it should be careful not to give a level progression disadvantage.

kiadaw-Spidey
27th Jun 2015, 17:58
Not force to lethal only options. This supposedly addressed in an interview. Complete non lethal is possible in Mankind divided.

Tverdyj
29th Jun 2015, 17:56
Not force to lethal only options. This supposedly addressed in an interview. Complete non lethal is possible in Mankind divided.
Now the only thing left to find out is "will this mean the baddie'ss knocked out instead of stabbed, to be killed somewhere offscreen in a conversation", or "it's possible to finish the game with all kill-worthy characters alive and their behaviour in-game being changed by what you do".