PDA

View Full Version : Can someone/ a dev explain to me?

DarkShaolin
31st May 2015, 21:05
What exactly is the point of uncommon/mysterious/exotic weapons??

They all have negatives that usually outweigh the positives. When the negatives outweigh the positives, we are more inclined to just use the basic version of each weapon. Not to mention rechargeable negative properties. Who designs this?

What is the point of a weapon being exotic or mysterious if the properties are just as **** no matter how rare. I would love for a developer to explain this to me in a way that might make some sort of sense.

The only perk I can see is the visual effects. Those are cool, but the rest is useless and negatively affects the weapons.

GenFeelGood
31st May 2015, 22:17
I disagree, the buffs/debuffs are pretty balanced; and are designed to offer further loadout customization, making it better fit your play style. I don't mind smaller health and slower sprint if it means my clip is bigger and my reload is a little faster; but there are others who prefer the opposite. Neither preference is better or worse, it's just different.

BleakPhantasm
4th Jun 2015, 09:54
I have several weapons/abilities where the positive buffs are hugely advantageous, and the negatives are inconsequential. For example an Abyssal Bolt with reduced cooldowns and increased wallclimb at the cost of shorter dodges and lower damage when at low health. This is utterly perfect for me.

So clearly your problem is that you have not yet obtained an item like that, where the positives are great and the negatives don't matter.

SilentVirtue
4th Jun 2015, 10:32
I have several weapons/abilities where the positive buffs are hugely advantageous, and the negatives are inconsequential. For example an Abyssal Bolt with reduced cooldowns and increased wallclimb at the cost of shorter dodges and lower damage when at low health. This is utterly perfect for me.

So clearly your problem is that you have not yet obtained an item like that, where the positives are great and the negatives don't matter.

you understand that wall climb is literally the 2nd worst perk in the game, espically for the summoner, the only reason to use it is the escape by climbing walls, you do that vs a good player and it will still cost you your life, bola, or knives will catch you no problem.

And that CDR on a summoner is pointless aswell, run the numbers, you get 2 seconds off your minions, meaning that you get a 22 sec cool down (when equating for rounding) that's never going to help you as using summons is one of the last things you should be doing in a fight. and will always be up when you need them provided your not just spamming them in a fight to insta die.

Dodges keep you alive, and couple it with increased attack speed and you can actually get increased movment by proxy, so you get 3+ stats rather than 2.

Losing dmg when you are low on HP isn't good either, you don't want to lose dps when in a dps race, and with less dodges available to you, you will struggle as playing evasively until support comes, getting you to that critical point much faster.

Run the numbers yourself if you don't believe me, but encase you were wondering I play summoner at the top level of play in esl, i'd love for someone to come up with mathematical reasoning for losing dmg at low hp is worth it, but the numbers currently tell me its not a good idea :D

BleakPhantasm
5th Jun 2015, 16:54
We are not here to discuss how wrong I am to like the things I like, we are here to address a players question. I was trying to get across that everyone has preferences about what stats they would like buffed and if you have not yet found an item that does that, you will in time. Faster regen for Tyrants, lower reload for Hunters, whatever.

Frankly I don't care if you disagree with me about what stats are useful and I don't care that you play at a top level in ESL. If you have advice for players in need great, fire away. But do so without without picking apart my advice first.

SilentVirtue
6th Jun 2015, 09:09
We are not here to discuss how wrong I am to like the things I like, we are here to address a players question. I was trying to get across that everyone has preferences about what stats they would like buffed and if you have not yet found an item that does that, you will in time. Faster regen for Tyrants, lower reload for Hunters, whatever.

Frankly I don't care if you disagree with me about what stats are useful and I don't care that you play at a top level in ESL. If you have advice for players in need great, fire away. But do so without without picking apart my advice first.

Don't take offense when someone disagrees with you on a public forum designed for discussion.

The OP is obviously new and looking for advice in regards to myst weapons and you spouting a load rubbish about how good wall climb and CDR on summoner is isn't gonna help him in the long run.

The post wasn't directed at you specifically and was not meant to flame you as a person, it was to point out that the numbers AND in game experience disagree with you, better to give no advice than bad advice.