PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] Red binders and the whodunit

Beramaor
31st May 2015, 17:24
So reading the interesting theories of Max's time loops and Rachel also having those powers, I've been trying to understand what the red binders have to do with this. Since the start we've been lulled into thinking there is some evil person who collects info on the girls, and that the meaning of the game might be to identify this perpetrator. (Who I always thought would be mr. Jefferson).

BUT, since end of ep.3, I've started to think the whole whodunit is just fooling us. The red binders might as well belong to Max, who collects info on people dead/disappeared with the aim of saving them through rewinding time...
Anyone against it?

Alvare
31st May 2015, 22:07
Maybe. Or they're collected by Rachel.
I can imagine in ep4, the camera pans through that space again,
showing Rachel sitting in a chair facing the other way watching the screens filled with cameras over the school.
Lol we can imagine anyone and anything right now. I hope everything gets answered.

Tataboj
1st Jun 2015, 16:52
My previous post didn't save, so again...

And what if it is Nathan who collects binders of drugged victims? We can see some pills and a drink on the desk. And binders are named Rachel, Kate and also Lynn and Kelly. I don't remember these things, I just watched a video. :) Anyway, if we talk to Kate (in my world - R. I. P. Kate) on the roof and tell her that her sisters care about her, she will tell us her youngest sister's name is Lynn. So maybe it is someone from the Vortex club who collects evidence about their victims, or perhaps even future victims. Lynn and Kelly might be selected people Vortex (or anyone else) will take care of next...

Wambo_is_Strange
1st Jun 2015, 17:01
I don't think the Lynn on this binder is Kate's sister.
According to the game Lynn Marsh is only 10 years old, how would she be involved in something like this?
It's more likely that the names are just some random girls.

sharp461
3rd Jun 2015, 03:24
My previous post didn't save, so again...

And what if it is Nathan who collects binders of drugged victims? We can see some pills and a drink on the desk. And binders are named Rachel, Kate and also Lynn and Kelly. I don't remember these things, I just watched a video. :) Anyway, if we talk to Kate (in my world - R. I. P. Kate) on the roof and tell her that her sisters care about her, she will tell us her youngest sister's name is Lynn. So maybe it is someone from the Vortex club who collects evidence about their victims, or perhaps even future victims. Lynn and Kelly might be selected people Vortex (or anyone else) will take care of next...

Nathan being the one collecting the binders sounds interesting, considering the fact how much he seems to love his camera. In a youtube video I saw they show how during the first episode ending montage with the snow, everyone is looking at how strange it is to see snow, but Nathan on the other hand is just ignoring it and instead fiddles with his camera. In fact he was the only one (besides Kate, but she was crying) that never looked up to examine the snow (unless he was going to take a picture, but they don't show us that).

The only problem with this theory though is that during the montage we see both Nathan outside with his camera and snow AND we see the room with the binders. This happens in episode 2 as well with Nathan entering Victoria's room while we also see the room with the binders. If we are to assume the montage is showing us everyone at the same time, then Nathan is always somewhere else when we see the binders.