PDA

View Full Version : Self Destructive Max, And Vortex Cult (Spoilers)

AnimeSuperFan
25th May 2015, 03:19
A few ideas I've been mulling over.

1. I was wondering why Max is hanging out with Victoria, and the rest of the Vortex club. Even she looks surprised to be there, with Nathan Prescott too, but I think I have a theory. I'm thinking that Max knew about Chloe's accident, and maybe she feels guilty, and that's why she bonded with the Vortex club. Of course we don't know if that's true or not, but it could be. I mean, before Max was a quiet girl who couldn't stand Victoria at all. Than when she 'wakes' up, she's surrounded by the vortex club. Victoria even seems worried that she upset her.

2. Next, I'm starting to think that the 'Vortex Club' really is a cult. There's way too many coincidences in that name. Also if you look up the word 'spiritual vortex', you see that there is a lot going on there. Also the tornado could be considered a vortex, also the ants beside 'Two Whales' dinner form a vortex.

3. Squirrels. I'm still convinced that Samuel is the one people should be looking at. Has anyone noticed in all three episodes, you can take pictures of squirrels? The same can be said for Chloe, but I'm wondering if this is more than just a coincidence.

I don't know. I'm stuck on Samuel. I think he's suspicious. I don't mind if I'm wrong, but it's fun trying to figure this stuff out.

WazzuMan
26th May 2015, 09:58
1. At the end of the episode, William seemed genuinely surprised to see Max at all and judging by his comment about Seattle had no idea she returned to Arcadia. So consider, what kind of person Max would grow up to be if she had no been marked by the grief and guilt following William's death and subsequent abandonment of her best friend in her time of need. Perhaps she wouldn't nearly as closed off as the Max we know and eventually gave in to her wilder side we've caught glimpses of when she's with Chloe. Victoria definitely was suggesting that she and Max do drugs and rather casually as well.

This should concern some people, especially fans of Kate. She is only saved if Max proves a worthy friend but if she is part of the Vortex Club and doing drugs it is possible Max is one of her bullies.

2. The name is certainly no accident, at least from a writer's perspective.

3. I wouldn't read too much into the squirrel thing. Allysa has been in need of saving with Max's rewind three times now but I don't think she's an evil mastermind. Or maybe that's what the squirrels want me to think? I'm not still not sold on Samuel as a real suspect, at least not THE suspect. He's a little too much part of the background, I think he's just a kleptomaniac. Anyway, I am 100% sure that we will see our little photogenic friend outside the girls' dormitories again in episodes 4 and 5, just as I'm sure Allysa will need saving and Max will take another selfie.

frag971
26th May 2015, 17:59
This should concern some people, especially fans of Kate. She is only saved if Max proves a worthy friend but if she is part of the Vortex Club and doing drugs it is possible Max is one of her bullies.That would mess with so many feels, imagine the player (snatching the alternate-Max) finding out how Max bullied her and the reprecussions of our-Max dealing with it.
http://magazine.uc.edu/famousalumni/movies/WallStreet/_jcr_content/MainContent/image/image.img.jpg/1387819254603.jpg

Tataboj
26th May 2015, 18:26
That would mess with so many feels, imagine the player (snatching the alternate-Max) finding out how Max bullied her and the reprecussions of our-Max dealing with it.
http://magazine.uc.edu/famousalumni/movies/WallStreet/_jcr_content/MainContent/image/image.img.jpg/1387819254603.jpg

Well, than it would make sense returning to the original timeline. :)