PDA

View Full Version : I do NOT ship Chloe and Max

Chloe_Price
24th May 2015, 00:21
I do NOT ship Chloe and Max, and my biggest disappointment in this game is that it is pretty much forcing us into that. It would be nice if it gave us the option of Chloe or Warren, but Max gushes over Chloe and repeatedly makes comments that she doesn't want to address the fact that Warren likes her. I want her to get together with Warren, but even though I make choices to try to go in that direction, Max will make comments like, "I hope he realizes we're just going as friends." After 3 episodes of people telling Max about how Warren has a thing for her, she STILL asks "I wonder why he keeps this picture of us together in his locker," which to me was the very unrealistic and not giving Max/the player enough credit.

As far as Chloe, I enjoy her as a character, but not as a person, if that makes sense. She's a fun character who adds a nice facet to the game, but not a very good person. And the reason I DO NOT want her and Max together is because theirs seems to be a very unhealthy relationship. Chloe is controlling and emotionally abusive towards Max.

I know it's just a game, but it's disappointing to me because I overall really enjoy the game, but I feel like it really lost a great opportunity by not really allowing the player any kind of real choice in this matter. Despite giving the appearance otherwise, it very much pushes for you to go with Chloe. With each episode I keep hoping we might actually have a chance to get Max to develop feelings for Warren, but imagine my dismay when we never even got to see him in episode 3.

AnimeSuperFan
24th May 2015, 03:20
I do NOT ship Chloe and Max, and my biggest disappointment in this game is that it is pretty much forcing us into that. It would be nice if it gave us the option of Chloe or Warren, but Max gushes over Chloe and repeatedly makes comments that she doesn't want to address the fact that Warren likes her. I want her to get together with Warren, but even though I make choices to try to go in that direction, Max will make comments like, "I hope he realizes we're just going as friends." After 3 episodes of people telling Max about how Warren has a thing for her, she STILL asks "I wonder why he keeps this picture of us together in his locker," which to me was the very unrealistic and not giving Max/the player enough credit.

As far as Chloe, I enjoy her as a character, but not as a person, if that makes sense. She's a fun character who adds a nice facet to the game, but not a very good person. And the reason I DO NOT want her and Max together is because theirs seems to be a very unhealthy relationship. Chloe is controlling and emotionally abusive towards Max.

I know it's just a game, but it's disappointing to me because I overall really enjoy the game, but I feel like it really lost a great opportunity by not really allowing the player any kind of real choice in this matter. Despite giving the appearance otherwise, it very much pushes for you to go with Chloe. With each episode I keep hoping we might actually have a chance to get Max to develop feelings for Warren, but imagine my dismay when we never even got to see him in episode 3.

I get what you're saying, but I have to tell you, this isn't a dating simulator. Relationships are big in this game, sure, but at the same time, the main goal is trying to figure out where 'Rachel Amber' is, the time reversal thing, and what the heck is happening in 'Arcadia Bay'.

And it's kind of funny that your user name is 'Chloe Price'.

Donnti
24th May 2015, 05:22
i ship them, i just don't think they would work in a relationship together.
i feel like they have nothing in common besides the fact they grew up together, Now anyway.
i also feel like if they dated it would literally last a month. Chloe would do something stupid and impulsive that would really hurt Max's feelings and things would be ruined between them! thats what i think anyway.
i mean its kinda cute having these undertones but i don't think they should be taken much further than they have.
i originally thought that Max and Warren have way, way more in common but after seeing that he dated Stella in the 'alternate reality' (if you know what i mean) and not dating brooke it really made me think is he just after Max because shes cute? i personally think Brooke is cuter than Stella but Stella def has a more pretty girl look kind of like Max has the cute hipster look.

Alvare
24th May 2015, 08:45
Aw they're BFF pirates, remember? They share awesome memories.
I think Max is still interested in Warren. She actually checks out his personal file in the principle's office and say's; "I just have to make sure you don't have a criminal background Warren."

Baeraad
26th May 2015, 06:15
I feel the same way, for what it's worth. Especially this:

As far as Chloe, I enjoy her as a character, but not as a person, if that makes sense.

This is very much one of those stories where you find yourself liking all the characters and wanting good things for them, but you still want to give some of them a good solid kick in the ass. Chloe... is especially kickable. :p

Still, I don't think that the last word has been said on the subject yet. The impression I get is that Max is oblivious to Warren's feelings because he's too much like herself, and she doesn't really like herself - she wants to reinvent herself into someone cooler, and Chloe is everything she wants to be. It's possible that the story will end with Max deciding that actually, being a rule-breaking badass isn't as much fun as she thought, and that the person who's supportive and easy-going is the one she wants to be with. Or that the story might end that way, depending on player choices - I have this personal theory that the game is keeping count on how many times you enable Chloe's brattiness versus how many times you give Warren the time of day.

I might be wrong, though. But for what it's worth...

... what's the big thing that freaks Max out in the alternate reality?

"Warren is showing interest in some girl who isn't me? WHAT HELLISH PLACE OF MADNESS IS THIS?!"

So I'm not sure she's quite as unaffected by him as she thinks she is... ;)

MxMoondoggie
26th May 2015, 10:11
I don't think it really pushes you into anything you get a lot of choice to favor Warren or Chloe or even others like Kate when Chloe doesn't want you to answer when Kate calls you. As far as if there will be any kind of romance i think in the last episode there will probably be some sort of date scene based on which one you favor when interacting with them. You got the choice to say what you think of Warren and guys and a choice to kiss Chloe so i think these choices will add up in the end. Max just seems the type to just not have much confidence in herself so even when she's close to somebody she can't notice they like her as more than a friend i think this is true for both Warren and Chloe. Warren likes her now they have a lot in common and Chloe i feel like probably wanted more than friendship when they were growing up together but has never been mature enough to deal with that or is scared to lose a friend if Max freaked out. She's not really the most self confident person either despite her bravado Chloe is incredibly insecure.

WazzuMan
26th May 2015, 10:13
Chloe has her flaws but so does every human being in history and she's a little more honest about her shortcomings, at least with Max. I like Warren, I see a little bit of myself in him the way he crushes on Max. Maybe it's that or it could just be because I'm a guy but I have no interest in seeing Max hook up with him. Chloe, on the other hand, is fun, unpredictable, she brings out Max's wilder, carefree side and knows her better than anyone else. I don't know if they can be more than friends but the question intrigues me and I'm curious to see what happens.

ashbumbash
26th May 2015, 22:07
what does i ship max and chloe mean? is ship a new phrase?. or maybe an american thing?. sorry im english and have not heard this before. i like it though, im going to start saying it to people. and shaka brah of corse

MxMoondoggie
26th May 2015, 22:22
I'm English and i know what "ship" means. Did you only just discover the Internet? It's more of a fan circle thing than something from any particular country.

ashbumbash
26th May 2015, 22:38
yeah ive never heard of it. im not very social usualy, maybe thats why.
i definitely ship max and chloe though ;)
so what does shaka brah mean?

meimeiriver
18th Jun 2015, 13:53
I'm English and i know what "ship" means. Did you only just discover the Internet? It's more of a fan circle thing than something from any particular country.

Heck, I'm Dutch and I know what 'ship' means. :p And I can't tell you for sure who else does, but I *can* say, with certainty, that those familiar with the term 'fanfic' will know what 'ship' means too. :)

And on that note, I'm digging the whole Max/Chloe ship! :)

Driber
21st Jun 2015, 10:18
Heck, I'm Dutch and I know what 'ship' means. :p

Did you know it from birth, or did you have to learn what it means, just like ashbumbash and everyone else had to? :p

Puffts
26th Jun 2015, 01:53
I'm 28 and just learned what it means. Probably too old for all dat interwebs lingo.

Alvare
27th Jun 2015, 23:50
Did you know it from birth, or did you have to learn what it means, just like ashbumbash and everyone else had to? :p
What difference does it make...?
Or should we labeled for something for not knowing it from birth?

Everyone knows what a ship is.

"A ship is a large buoyant watercraft. Ships are generally distinguished from boats based on size, shape and cargo or passenger capacity. Ships are used on lakes, seas, and rivers for a variety of activities, such as the transport of people or goods, fishing, entertainment, public safety, and warfare. Historically, a "ship" was a sailing vessel with at least three square-rigged masts and a full bowsprit."

Lol I'm too obvious as a troll.

Driber
28th Jun 2015, 07:22
What difference does it make...? It doesn't, which was my point :)

Lol I'm too obvious as a troll.

:D