PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Episode, Bugs I encountered, Tornado - Two Realities intermixing?

Falkonic
23rd May 2015, 14:10
Lots of stuff going on in here after playing Episode 3.

At first I have to give a GIANT Kudos to whoever did the the opening scenery. The very dark interior feels like in a Horror movie and although you always have the feeling something lurks in the shadows nothing bad happens. This gives the game a touch of reality. The water physics in the Bathroom are amazing it looks sooo real goosh. Then you go outside and you have this dark but cosy atmosphere and those stunning butterflies all over the place. I've never seen surreal elements blend in better with reality.

Oh and SQUARE don't you dare killing off Chloe, I see how you are setting her up to be killed. DON'T you DARE making her the, no matter how often you rewind there are things in Life you can't change, example. I think there should be a 100% Chaos Theory way of saving her: where all the birds you saved fly in a swarm and pick on each other letting one bird fly off, it lands on a sunflower, the sunflower loses it's seeds growing more sunflowers, the dog of the weird guy in the camper strains at night going a long the sunflowers and one of their seeds gets stuck in his fur, The dog runs off with it, the girl you saved from getting splashed at the bus stop comes home 10 minutes earlier since she did not have to change her clothes this morning, meets the dog on her way home, strokes him, the little seed flies into her handbag- the wind blows heavily when she passes Warren's house and the seed makes it way to his room and lands in a plant pot where it grows into a sunflower. Warren who you helped with his exam comes home swinging his hands since he feels so good, with the swinging of his hands he hits one of the birds you saved earlier on, he feels guilty for it and takes the bird with it's broken wing home. He nurtures it and before the bird is set free it takes the sunflower. The bird slowly learns to fly again, while more and more sunflowers grow in the plant pot. Before the bird flies off it searches for worms in the plant pot. But since there are sunflowers in the pot it takes the bird longer to find the worm before it departes. When there is the Tornado coming there is one little bird left and instead of letting Chloe go into the Tornado to fix the Time Chaos. The Bird sacrifices itself instead of Chloe since it has to thank Max for his life. The time void closes since the Bird existed in both realities now that the bird has died reality 1 is on track again since in reality one the bird died flying against the window.

It is not the happy good all are alive ending but you see how Chloe becomes her old self again. Since she is whole again and she saw how much her father loved her etc. . She decides to move on with her life and change the future.

I mean something of this kind would be pretty nice ;)

I encountered 2 Bugs while playing; when I left my xbox running for 1 hour (not playing) at the lying in Bed sequence the game froze for about 12 seconds and then continued.
It is weird that at the ending sequence I could not just hide the key but needed to rewind all the way and talk to her dad first.
There was another bug in the camping car. I went to the opening next to the left corner first. It said i needed something to open it. Then i went to the second again it said i needed to open it. As I got the knife I opened the second first and could no longer select the first one to pull it open. I could not even look at it anymore.

Thank you for this amazing EPISODE Square. I think it is now fair to say that SQUARE ENIX is the best Virtual Story Teller out there. Keep making games of this kind but let your creativity flow and don't only reduce yourself to the time thing only. It is a wonderful mechanic which I love but for one series of games, don't overuse it.

sharp461
23rd May 2015, 16:38
Lots of stuff going on in here after playing Episode 3.

There was another bug in the camping car. I went to the opening next to the left corner first. It said i needed something to open it. Then i went to the second again it said i needed to open it. As I got the knife I opened the second first and could no longer select the first one to pull it open. I could not even look at it anymore.

This was not a bug.
if you used the knife on the other vent first the knife would break in the process and there would be nothing behind the vent, making you have to rewind and do the other vent.

Nox_Dogma
25th May 2015, 12:55
Thank you for this amazing EPISODE Square. I think it is now fair to say that SQUARE ENIX is the best Virtual Story Teller out there.

NO, thats not fair because SE is the publisher
Thank goes to Dontnod for the Story