PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 - Various bugs (PC)

noise_lemon
23rd May 2015, 13:26
During my playthroughs of the first two episodes, I didn't really encounter any bugs or glitches (except for a small audio bug in episode 1, which I think was fixed pretty quickly). However, I've found several weird bugs in episode 3 so far.

First off, in a couple of different scenes, when I was exploring all of the choices and then rewinding to see how events would play out, if I pressed space to skip dialogue too soon after talking to a character, I would be exited out of the cutscene mode and into the playing/walking around mode. The characters I was talking to would freeze in place in whatever position they were in when they were talking, and I couldn't interact with anything else or leave the room, although I could talk to the characters again and they'd say whatever they'd normally say after when the conversation would have ended. I think this happened twice (that I can remember), which was in the Chloe kissing scenario and the scene where Max confronts David about his secret files etc., but I think I escaped both times by restarting from the previous checkpoint (which, thankfully, wasn't too far back :P).

Next, for some reason in the scene where Max tries to break into David's laptop using all the different passwords, I wasn't able to rewind at all (I think Klope3 talked about a similar issue in this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155891), although once more I was saved by the restart from checkpoint option. I have no idea whether this would have happened again or not since the second time I tried, I guessed the right password first time!

The last bug I found was that the photo you have to try and focus on started out clear and never blurred, which made it quite difficult to find the point where the game thought the picture was fully focused. I had to kinda guess/fumble around for a while, using the sound a little bit to make sure I was going in the right direction, but I managed to get there in the end.

All that being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed episode 3 and I can't wait to see what happens next, and most of these bugs didn't really detract from the overall experience much, even if they were a little frustrating at times.