PDA

View Full Version : Capture The Body - EVERY WEEKEND!

Saikocat
22nd May 2015, 16:49
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/capture-the-body-every-weekend

Happy Friday, everyone! We've got some quick news for you today on our new game mode, "Capture The Body". Following the popularity of our recent tests of this new mode, we'll be making it available to play EVERY WEEKEND for now, at specific times!

The sessions will use the same timing as before, so if you'd like to join the fun, just launch Nosgoth at the below times and you'll see the "Capture the Body" game mode available in the "PLAY" section.

CAPTURE THE BODY
Days: every Friday, Saturday AND Sunday!
Times: 2pm – 7pm EST
7pm – 12am BST

For timings in other regions, check this handy converter page (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=14,5,8,12&h=5&sts=23871120&sln=14-19&a=show).

As with our previous tests, anyone that completes 3 matches will receive this exclusive banner, marking your participation in the mode's alpha tests.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/415/blog/drag-the-body-360x84.png

Ygdrasel
22nd May 2015, 16:52
I loved that mode during the first batch of tests so I want to be excited. But when even Deathmatch, the most played mode, takes a half-hour or more (average wait: 1 minute) to just ENTER a lobby, and sometimes just as long to fill a lobby, I can't even care.

Looking forward to it if it works though. :)

Screwby-Dew
22nd May 2015, 18:33
Any changes made to this game mode ?

Edit : Nothing changed, again...

I'm wondering, why are we even giving feedback on that game mode if you don't tweak it ?
You changed the humans/vampires spawns adding a few seconds last time and that's it. Still nothing new, what is the point of doing so many "tests" if we are not testing new things ?

Da_Wolv
22nd May 2015, 22:37
I agree with Screw.
I can't even bring myself to play TDM at the moment thanks to the framerate, so why would I play an inferior mode I already know is horribly balanced like last time?

ApollosBow
22nd May 2015, 23:57
Its a great game mode but I think the person moving the body should move slightly faster (not full drag body speed, just more than current speed)...also it should be called Sacrifice

*And the body should not respawn in the same spot if the vamps failed that spawn already, it leads to most of the game being played on the same route on the map.

XJadeDragoonX
25th May 2015, 01:00
Is there any specific reason why its only active during certain hours? I havent been able to participate once since the original CTB Alpha because i work every friday, saturday, and sunday just about all day. Luckily i was on vacation during the first alpha. But im all out of vacation hours. So if this is the trend that the tests are gonna go, ill literally NEVER be able to play the gametype until it is fully released.

Why not just run constantly from a certain time on friday to a certain time on monday? Can i get some type of reason for the times?

Saikocat
26th May 2015, 10:10
The timings could change, at the moment they're at specific (peak) times to ensure we can do some focused tests and get everyone together in the mode at the same times.

Any changes made to this game mode ?

Edit : Nothing changed, again...

I'm wondering, why are we even giving feedback on that game mode if you don't tweak it ?
You changed the humans/vampires spawns adding a few seconds last time and that's it. Still nothing new, what is the point of doing so many "tests" if we are not testing new things ?

At the moment we're gathering feedback and working on updating it, and getting more people into the test. The feedback is definitely heard and really useful!

Screwby-Dew
26th May 2015, 10:18
At the moment we're gathering feedback and working on updating it, and getting more people into the test. The feedback is definitely heard and really useful!

Alright, thank you for letting us know, I do appreciate it :)

Vampmaster
26th May 2015, 11:24
Speaking of feedback, it really is alchemists vs tyrants in this mode. Enabling friendly fire might help this, but it might make the game less enjoyable overall. I don't know what people would thing of having friendly fire only on standard attacks. I can't think of another alternative, but there needs to be something to make the other classes more worthwhile.

XJadeDragoonX
26th May 2015, 12:14
Speaking of feedback, it really is alchemists vs tyrants in this mode. Enabling friendly fire might help this, but it might make the game less enjoyable overall. I don't know what people would thing of having friendly fire only on standard attacks. I can't think of another alternative, but there needs to be something to make the other classes more worthwhile.

A lot of people do use tyrant and alch, but honestly, all the classes are worth using. At least when i got the chance to play. Hunter Grenades were insane to use. Deceiver was perfect for getting in with infect. Sentinel was great if you use kidnap instead of abduct to take someone far away from the action.

lucinvampire
26th May 2015, 13:51
I've found this mode still very one side, you either win by loads or loose by loads (I’m not sure if it’s just the matches I’ve been in though or if it’s across the board).

Apart from maybe skill/teamwork matchmaking issues I can’t think of why, the spawns timings seem better than the first round of this, but spawning in the middle of a fight isn’t that good (think that's a general issue atm though).

I’m not quite sure what can be done to balance it apart from maybe some matchmaking changes, timings, drag speed being tweaked, but I still think it all comes down to matchmaking.

I find it as a mode it’s a very emotional…it makes me hulk out big time RRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.