PDA

View Full Version : Current Playlists/Modes - News

Saikocat
22nd May 2015, 14:28
Hi everyone,

http://www.nosgoth.com/game_updates

As you may have noticed, we turned off the Flashpoint game mode temporarily while we're working on game modes and events. For now, the game mode you'll be able to access there permanently will be Team Deathmatch, with another option for special events and new game modes. We'll be running these more frequently through that playlist option, so keep an eye out for news of our next mode test and our next event!

Please note Flashpoint is still available to play through Private Matches.

Vampmaster
22nd May 2015, 15:12
Is this just temporary? The bugs with capturing during the countdown at the start of the match and the respawn issues that might be fixed now are likely what were putting people off playing. It's still a fun mode even if it takes ages to find a match. Once it's working properly, all it will need is some better promotion like mode specific rewards or something.

Please don't delete it.

BTW, it also had a bug where he 'just died' popup appeared if you pressed the spawn button (X on the gamepad for me) during the countdown. I think all modes had that problem though.

Ghuldarkar
22nd May 2015, 15:33
There is a "big" pool of players who prefer flashpoint on EU servers. There is no reason to remove flashpoint from the public option unless it's for a short while for an update, so please bring it back ASAP, or you will lose more players, because we don't want to play sodding Team Deathmatch.

PS: you should also consider that the Flashpoint crowd is much more into experimental game modes, unlike the deathmatch loyalists who barely try flashpoint and capture the body modes, often only because there was a banner in it for them. Don't turn us away.

Saikocat
22nd May 2015, 16:03
It is temporary, so doesn't mean Flashpoint is cancelled or being deleted, but it's necessary temporarily while we run these tests and events.

For this weekend, we're looking to run another Capture The Body test, so that'll run in its place over this weekend, and we'll update everyone on the next event/mode as soon as we can :)

lucinvampire
25th May 2015, 14:46
I understand disabling it temporarily for events but will this mean it's offline when the events aren't happening? If so that makes me :mad: FP is the only enjoyable mode imo, I don't think I'll be playing much at all without it online.

lastnewbie
25th May 2015, 17:26
FP is the only enjoyable mode imo, I don't think I'll be playing much at all without it online.
How? When? Where? I can't find a FP match, waiting for minutes and nothing happens. I asked in TDM if someone played Flash Point lately and the answer: No, nobody plays it.

RainaAudron
25th May 2015, 19:47
It is a bit dissapointing that Flashpoint is not available while CTB tests... Those who do not like it are stuck playing TDM only now :/

KaininitePriestess
26th May 2015, 00:51
I'm one of those who'd love to play Flashpoint, so I can understand everyone being frustrated. I think it's really only big in the EU servers, though, which means I have to be willing to take a huge disadvantage via high ping to be able to play it. :C It'd be so awesome if they could find a way to make it more accessible for everyone.

I do love CtB, though. :P Every time I'm awake and it's time for that mode, I hop on like it's going out of style! Too bad I'm nocturnal. XD;;;

Ghuldarkar
6th Jun 2015, 21:53
Can we have flashpoint back? You did your tests. The only tests you do that need taking down flashpoint are population behaviour tests. Result, we're annoyed.

KaininitePriestess
8th Jun 2015, 04:42
Honestly, with the player-base this small, I'm sure they removed flashpoint temporarily because it would be another draw of players away from the mode that needed testing.

Ghuldarkar
8th Jun 2015, 17:08
Honestly, with the player-base this small, I'm sure they removed flashpoint temporarily because it would be another draw of players away from the mode that needed testing.

You have no idea what is going on. Flashpoint was always disabled when CTB was going on, but now if it's not then we just have Team Deathmatch and many people are a bit cross about it and have stopped playing Nosgoth or cut back from many hours per week to very few matches. The people that play Flashpoint are not people that generally like Deathmatch much so we're not taking away from the overall population. I'd even wager that the Flashpoint population might even be more stable than the overall, and thus deathmatch, player population.

KaininitePriestess
9th Jun 2015, 08:35
Apparently you don't understand what I meant.

If Flashpoint was still available, there would be people who would play TDM or Flashpoint instead of CTB. While they're testing it, they need to find a way to minimize the people playing one of the other modes. No, you're not going to be playing TDM if you like Flashpoint better, but a lot of people would still just play Flashpoint instead.

Does that make more sense?

Vampmaster
9th Jun 2015, 09:21
CBT isn't available all the time. Couldn't FP be enabled when it's not. I don't think any of the devs have said that CTB is a permanent replacement for FP, but a variety mode is something I've been suggested for a while. It just puts you a lobby for "anything but TDM" and then you vote for the mode once you get to the lobby. If the vote ties, then the mode is random. If player numbers pick up again, it can go back to separate lobbies. Or maybe they should just go ahead and add server lists.

Saikocat
9th Jun 2015, 10:15
Flashpoint will be coming back, but not just yet. We'll be running different events/modes during weekends for now (and other times) but not all of them at the same time. eg one weekend you may have a CTB test, another weekend Flashpoint will be turned on, or we'll be running League Ranking events. I'll update this thread soon with details about this coming weekend.

lucinvampire
9th Jun 2015, 12:24
Flashpoint was always disabled when CTB was going on, but now if it's not then we just have Team Deathmatch and many people are a bit cross about it and have stopped playing Nosgoth or cut back from many hours per week to very few matches.

This! So much this! I know this game has lost a lot of interest for me personally now with only having the TDM option enabled.

Ysanoire
9th Jun 2015, 13:30
Yes, it does suck that tests are run every now and then for a few hours, but FP is disabled all week long. I honestly don't see a reason for it.

Captain3009
9th Jun 2015, 14:59
This sucks big time, I want FP back. I only play now because I have great teammates, but my solo playtime is drastically reduced now that FP is offline. Sad times. Let's hope the new patch of today brings new and interesting things.

ApollosBow
9th Jun 2015, 15:05
I could never find a game of Flashpoint....It would take 20mins at least...played it maybe half a dozen times over the course of my playtime.

Vampmaster
9th Jun 2015, 15:27
I've been playing since alpha and grinded to max out all the classes, but it's been almost two years and there's not much else to do. Nosgoth needs a lot of variety in order to keep things interesting. I get that the target audience is the highly competitive ESL/eSports crowd, but it needs the rest of us to keep the numbers up and the money coming in.

BTW, I prefer to know that if I do spend money, I can get something of value. I'd rather use gold for gambling and runestones for buying. Perhaps we could do something like buy a chest with runestones, but the odds of getting something good depend on gold. Or maybe like buy a rusty/iron key with gold and you the item is random or buy a gold (or something less confusing) key with runestones, you're guaranteed a rare item or skin.

More stuff to grind for would get people playing again too. I've wanted skins resembling the Lieutenant's uniforms from the SR1 into for ages. They can be tweaked to distinguish lower ranks if people think it subtracts the Lieutenant's uniqueness. Also, unlockable lore. Just one paragraph at a time or the map or something. And just what it the "Greater war for Nosgoth" is that the ranked matches?

Ghuldarkar
9th Jun 2015, 16:26
Flashpoint will be coming back, but not just yet. We'll be running different events/modes during weekends for now (and other times) but not all of them at the same time. eg one weekend you may have a CTB test, another weekend Flashpoint will be turned on, or we'll be running League Ranking events. I'll update this thread soon with details about this coming weekend.

This outrageously unacceptable. First we do not take away from TDM pools, since many of us FP players drastically reduced their playtime since you disabled flashpoint. Quite a lot of us also invested some money into this game and for me personally it was Flashpoint that kept my interest up and made me buy runestones and skins, supporting your game.
Second there is absolutely no reason to disable Flashpoint when you're not having events. All we ask is to play Flashpoint during the week while you're not doing anything anyway.
Third, no, there is no reason, I know a bit about how programs work and if you need to do Flashpoint tests you just make your own server for developers.
Fourth you're constantly ignoring many of our complaints and arguments and spout empty phrases which is honestly insulting.

We want our Flashpoint back and we want it ASAP.

Slowashell
9th Jun 2015, 22:23
it's that simple saiko doesnt like us *pouts :P but who cares there are enough other games . after latest patch it might come in handy to not play at all anyway with current drop rate and what they figured out. :D no clue if anyone of em ever studied economics :P

RainaAudron
9th Jun 2015, 23:39
Yeah, getting locked only within TDM is getting a bit tedious (I don´t play CTB). I liked to play Flashpoint from time to time as it´s good for leveling up humans (even though the stuttering build up has still not been fixed after so many months...).

Saikocat
10th Jun 2015, 10:34
There are no empty phrases on my part, I can assure you.
To ensure there are enough players for modes (to matchmake), we need to balance out what modes are active and what events are running.

I've certainly shared your concerns with the team, and I'll do so again. Flashpoint being turned off is not a permanent thing, and we're working on some fixes for the issues you guys had (spawning) as well, so they'll be rolled in for when it's live next time. As soon as there's some concrete news for you, I'll share that, rather than guesswork about when it'll be turned back on again.

Ghuldarkar
10th Jun 2015, 17:26
Well, now you partially answer to our complaints.
You still ignore my argument that the people who primarily play Flashpoint do not play TDM in general and often only do so in short amounts because they might want a change or now because they actually want to play Nosgoth but have no other choice than to play the mindless deathmatch mode.
My argument, to repeat it again, is that we do not take away from the general pool, and i'm basing this on the observation on how all the people that play FP regularly have reduced their Nosgoth playtime, sometimes drastically.
We have the odd spawn issue but it's gotten much better compared to the summoner patch. If there is like a big overhaul going on that will hopefully make our Flashpoint much better then tell us (maybe you could even promote flashpoint once in a while)!
Furthermore you keep making this ominous claim that you need it taken down for events. I agree, but we're not having events and Flashpoint was always disabled when CTB was running.
How about you disable Deathmatch for a week and promote flashpoint, with a tutorial, developer streams etc?

PS: I can easily give you about 20 people that reduced their playtime since you blocked Flashpoint and if you so desperately need two dozen people to "fix" the population, then I think you have a much bigger issue, namely that you don't have enough people. Estranging half of the flashpointers by blocking their favourite feature is not the way you fix population issues.

KaininitePriestess
11th Jun 2015, 08:44
Just give the devs a chance to work out the issues they need to work out and don't abuse Saikocat about it not being back up. She's really not the one that's in charge of that. There's no need to be rude.

cmstache
11th Jun 2015, 12:20
Well, now you partially answer to our complaints.
You still ignore my argument that the people who primarily play Flashpoint do not play TDM in general and often only do so in short amounts because they might want a change or now because they actually want to play Nosgoth but have no other choice than to play the mindless deathmatch mode.
My argument, to repeat it again, is that we do not take away from the general pool, and i'm basing this on the observation on how all the people that play FP regularly have reduced their Nosgoth playtime, sometimes drastically.
We have the odd spawn issue but it's gotten much better compared to the summoner patch. If there is like a big overhaul going on that will hopefully make our Flashpoint much better then tell us (maybe you could even promote flashpoint once in a while)!
Furthermore you keep making this ominous claim that you need it taken down for events. I agree, but we're not having events and Flashpoint was always disabled when CTB was running.
How about you disable Deathmatch for a week and promote flashpoint, with a tutorial, developer streams etc?

PS: I can easily give you about 20 people that reduced their playtime since you blocked Flashpoint and if you so desperately need two dozen people to "fix" the population, then I think you have a much bigger issue, namely that you don't have enough people. Estranging half of the flashpointers by blocking their favourite feature is not the way you fix population issues.

Welcome to Beta Testing. At the end of the day, you can't expect the game mode to be there. It's a Beta, and they're using it for what it's designed to do. If the game was released you might have a good argument, but it's not. If you don't want to play TDM then don't play until the testing is over, all there is to it. Cat doesn't have full control over that kind of stuff. If you have an issue with it send in a support ticket, otherwise please don't bash the admins. It's not productive in any way.

Saikocat
11th Jun 2015, 13:09
Right now, we're looking at running an event for Flashpoint towards the end of the month. Once the date's confirmed I'll post up a new announcement with the detail. This weekend, we will have CTB running again.

Vampmaster
11th Jun 2015, 13:13
Right now, we're looking at running an event for Flashpoint towards the end of the month. Once the date's confirmed I'll post up a new announcement with the detail. This weekend, we will have CTB running again.

Can you remind someone to look into the issue where capturing starts before the match timer does and to check that humans don't spawn at the capture point? Both were still present the last time it was active.

Saikocat
11th Jun 2015, 13:20
Can you remind someone to look into the issue where capturing starts before the match timer does and to check that humans don't spawn at the capture point? Both were still present the last time it was active.

Yep! Those are among the bugs they're working to fix. I believe some are already fixed and ready for the update, but I'll confirm before the event so everyone knows of any changes.

Vampmaster
11th Jun 2015, 13:45
Yep! Those are among the bugs they're working to fix. I believe some are already fixed and ready for the update, but I'll confirm before the event so everyone knows of any changes.

That's good to know. Those things were definitely putting people off playing that mode.

Ghuldarkar
11th Jun 2015, 14:19
And again the most important argument against blocking Flashpoint is being ignored. It's nothing personal, but Saikocat is the community manager of Nosgoth and thus the only person we can really complain to about issues, and we're not getting any real answers.

KaininitePriestess
11th Jun 2015, 19:05
You're not going to get every answer you want. That's just something you have to live with. We will never be privy to all of the things the developers are working on and part of that is because they don't have the time to tell us everything they're doing, the other part is that they're under a contractual obligation to not go around telling everything they're doing. They tell us the things they can and it's not going to do any good to start throwing an attitude around the forums.

Ghuldarkar
16th Jun 2015, 19:40
So you at Nosgoth still don't want to defend your unbased decision. You still force us to play Team Deathmatch. You argue that it's because you need it for matchmaking purposes. Meanwhile premade groups with more than two people (arguably even those) break your matchmaking system from the get go. You lose people daily, the data says that we had more than double the people two months ago and the matchmaking was the same and people already complained back then. Don't tell us that we're needed to save the MM and give us back our game that we actually really like.

Saikocat
17th Jun 2015, 09:44
Right now we're working on a lot of improvements, bug fixes, and new updates. Bringing back Flashpoint will happen as well, but we're working on a lot of things, so right now I don't have an update on when it'll be turned on permanently. It does have to be balanced with active player numbers as well.

We're hoping to bring it back for a weekend/week *really* soon, with the spawn issues fixed, so you can try those out and share your feedback with us. I'll update you guys once I've got confirmation on when we're going ahead with that. Bear with me.

Saikocat
18th Jun 2015, 16:09
Flashpoint Event

We've brought Flashpoint back for a special weekend event! We've made a few tweaks to the mode, mainly some fixes for spawning issues, and adjustments to the scoring and interface. Give it a try and let us know what you think! Flashpoint will be available to play from today (June 18th) through Sunday (June 21st), during this time window each day:

7pm BST - 12am BST // 2pm EST - 7pm

To check what time that is where you live, without the hassle of working out timezones, use this super handy page (www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=14&h=14&sts=23909700&sln=19-24&a=show).

Ghuldarkar
21st Jun 2015, 21:40
Flashpoint Event

We've made a few tweaks to the mode, mainly some fixes for spawning issues, and adjustments to the scoring and interface. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Well I did not notice any tweaks, spawning issues is a rare one fixed and a few not resolved and a big new one and there are no adjustments to scoring. I posted my thoughts here http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156797&p=2132772#post2132772

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Jun 2015, 09:08
Saiko, any news about League system maybe? :) I really want to participate.

Saikocat
22nd Jun 2015, 09:50
Saiko, any news about League system maybe? :) I really want to participate.

We'll be releasing it soon :) We'll share more news as soon as we can confirm the day.