PDA

View Full Version : Ending of Episode 3 and possible events of episode 4

Rome1992
22nd May 2015, 07:24
So we all know how sweet and at the same time heartbreaking the ending of episode 3 was. Sweet because we saved chloe's dad, heartbreaking because we saw chloe in a wheelchair. My theory right now about the ending was that the ending never really happened in the first place, it was just max reliving the events of the scene where the photo took place and changed an event that can never be changed in reality(all of us probably done it once in our lifetime). It could also be some kind of a dream by max, then she will tell chloe all about what she saw in episode 4. another thing i noticed in the end was the red binders that we saw at the end of ep 1 and 2 were no longer there. Another thing that caught my eye was max is a member of vortex club. But in the teaser of episode 4, The max we saw was a shy max, and vortex club members should be dancing and partying like crazy all the time. So im guessing that max was back in the real world when she was in the party. And the poster could also be a sign since it's happening 1 day before what we believe a tornado hitting a town in the 11th of october. Plus i believe that room where the members were partying was the "dark room". Well this is just my opinion guys, everyone is welcome to comment or share their ideas :)

Tataboj
22nd May 2015, 17:26
Yes, it could be something like when you change something in photo, it will show you how you are today but it is not reality. We'll see... :)

Alvare
22nd May 2015, 18:45
I really hope so, the new reality was scary as hell.

MaxZ26
22nd May 2015, 23:33
I have a couple of theories..

1.Chloe has to manage to go back, and the player can later on decide if she wants to bring William to the other universe and reunite him with main Chloe, or leave William where he is because Max knows that playing with time is a dangerous game.

2.Max is continually switched between the two universes. At one second she is at wheelchair Chloe's house and later she is in the same place and time, but she changed universes and punk Chloe "wakes" Max up asking what's wrong with her. Then she switches back again to the alternate universe and so on.

Wambo_is_Strange
23rd May 2015, 01:42
I really hope so, the new reality was scary as hell.

I think that's due to both Max and the players are used to the Chloe we know, the rebel, the badass.
At first I felt exactly the same and I was shocked but then...
If you think about the outcome from a more distant perpective, is it really this bad?

Chloe, even if handicapped, seems to be very happy and peaceful and her loving fahter is alive.
So that is one saved life and one massively changed but happy life compared to just one angry life.

I think this scene was either a new type of vision or a vivid dream, well let's say I hope it was.
Mainly because I don't want to decide which timeline is better for Chloe (and Max).

Pretty sad :(

RagdollZombie
23rd May 2015, 03:24
I'm thinking It was probably just a vision. Since seeing that max's head almost exploded stopping the time to get to kate, I'd think if she actually re-winded that far, it'd probably kill her...

I think in the vision/dream/alternate reality Chloe most have ended up in a car accident instead of her dad, as you can see her getting a car for her 18th birthday in the photos near the end...

http://i.imgur.com/FNV47kU.jpg

These are just my theories/ideas, but they could be possible spoilers, so warning!

I'm studying the hints of episode 4... Could that be David holding a gun? Frank? Or Maybe even Nathan?

http://i.imgur.com/6MeBbKT.png It sure looks an AWFUL lot like Nathan's gun!

Max is wearing her usual clothes in the bottom image, so maybe it's possible that it was a vision? Since in the alternate reality she was wearing clothing she normally doesn't wear.

It's hard to tell, but the truck in the left image looks like present Chloe's truck? I could be wrong though...

What do you guys think?

Rome1992
23rd May 2015, 05:08
Yes, if the ending we saw on episode 3 was not a vision then basically many scenes have been altered as well.
1. Chloe and Nathan never met, so that means Chloe never got killed there before we rewind.
2. With David as a bus driver then that means Kate has never been been harassed by David
3. Most importantly most of our choices before the flashback basically is useless now.

Tataboj
23rd May 2015, 09:18
I have a problem with these huge history changes in films. For example, everybody knows Back to the Future. He gets to the timeline where he has a new car, his family is wealthy etc. But he doesn't remember anything from this timeline, only from his original. Does it mean that his entire previous life he was like a robot, living there without remembering anything and from that point where he returns from the past he remembers things? Because if we take this problem to LiS, if Max was going to live in the new timeline, she isn't THAT Max they like, she is still that shy, maybe traumatized Max.

TheEmissary
23rd May 2015, 10:18
I have a problem with these huge history changes in films. For example, everybody knows Back to the Future. He gets to the timeline where he has a new car, his family is wealthy etc. But he doesn't remember anything from this timeline, only from his original. Does it mean that his entire previous life he was like a robot, living there without remembering anything and from that point where he returns from the past he remembers things? Because if we take this problem to LiS, if Max was going to live in the new timeline, she isn't THAT Max they like, she is still that shy, maybe traumatized Max.I think it's probably best not to think too much about things like that. Time travel rarely makes sense and you just have to accept the rules the film/game sets. And in this case it probably means that the time traveling Max "overwrites" the version of Max that lived in the new timeline.

Tataboj
23rd May 2015, 10:32
Well, then it is best for Max to live in her original timeline, because people won't understand her personality change. But... maybe they get used to.

Rome1992
23rd May 2015, 11:51
Yes. I believe that after seeing Chloe the way she was at the end of episode 3. Maybe that will be a good reason for her to return to original timeline to have her best friend back. And then probably tell everything that has happened in the alternate timeline

WazzuMan
23rd May 2015, 13:28
I cannot for the life of me understand why people think we might be stuck in this world or that it is better for Chloe. We saw her for two seconds and people make assumptions about her state in life. Yes, she doesn't know the pain of losing her dad in some terrible accident and her best friend abandoning her in her time of need, but this Chloe has also lost her own life. She's suffered a fate worse than death, alive but not living the life she could have, what she wanted to. Basically, we really did trade William's life for Chloe's and if you asked him, he'd happily trade his life back for his own daughter's.

Rome1992
23rd May 2015, 15:01
I want the original timeline. Because like i stated earlier. All of our choices prior to that will all be useless since the alternative timeline is a completely new story compared to the original timeline

RagdollZombie
25th May 2015, 06:19
I'm almost 100% certain that Max isn't going to be stuck in the alternative timeline.

I doubt the Developers would suddenly decide to throw away all of the choices we've made previously. If they did, it would probably cause some serious backlash from the community...

It's most likely a vision like the tornado, except it's in the past. Or maybe a dream. Max sees what would happen IF she had saved William.

Another one of my theories, but possible spoiler:
Since it started in her room, she might wake up in episode 4 and we might be able to tell Chloe about it.

DoomedFish94
26th May 2015, 03:54
I think in the next episode, Max is going to search Chloe's house for the picture she originally used to get into the alternate timeline. From there, she will transport back to the day William is supposed to have his accident, and I think that we will have to let William die in order to restore Chloe back to her old punk self. I believe that's why we see Max at the Vortex Club party in her normal clothing. However, I also think that when Max changes something in the past through a picture, when she ends up in an alternate timeline, she still has her original personality and morals. So, who knows?

Another theory I had, was that she would use that picture of drugged Kate at the Vortex Club party to go back and find out what happened to her, and maybe try and stop it. Maybe that's why we see Nathan's gun in the teaser pictures for Episode 4?

What if she uses a picture of Rachel to find out about her disappearance?

Or, what if Max can only use pictures that include herself in order to transport back to that period of time?

Also, I'm hoping we get to find out more about Rachel and find out if the dark room has anything to do with what happened to her (pretty sure it does). I really think that Nathan Drugged her and that Rachel had the same powers as Max, went back and tried to change it, and ended up stuck in the dark room, because when the photo was taken, she was drugged. Check out Geek Remix's Youtube channel. That's where I got this theory from. Her theories for this game are awesome and seem pretty rock solid. I wanna know if Mr. Jefferson is really the creep most of us fans seem to think he is!!!

But so far, my consensus is this:
David is just a red herring. He is innocent and really does care about Chloe and the students. He is trying to find out what happened to Rachel, and maybe knows more about what's going on than he lets on. He may be an *******, but I think he is really a good person.
I think that Nathan, possibly Jefferson, and maybe Principal Wells are in on it, whatever "it" is.
I think that Rachel is not dead.
I think Victoria is a complete *****, but has no clue what is going on.
Oh, yeah, and Frank. I think he is another red herring. He obviously cared a lot for Rachel, so I don't think that he is a villain, just angry and misunderstood.