PDA

View Full Version : Different sensitivity for the two side.

CorDthefat
20th May 2015, 23:43
Hi all, iam Kerecsen.

First i need to sorry about my english, its nor your fault, i learn this from World of Warcraft, so i hoope u will understand me. ;)

So i feel really unconfort that i prefer much faster sensitivity in the vampire side. Around 40% faster. So i just think would be nice to implant to the options menu two different sensitivity. One to use in human side, and an other one for vampires. What u think people? Feel free to share :P

Have a nice day, cu ingame :P

Kerecsen

Ghosthree3
20th May 2015, 23:55
I feel like it's a bad idea. Consistency is pretty important and in this game I don't think either team needs to be able to spin faster than the other tbh.

Of course, the choice may be given, I just don't recommend using it.

Equanimityjohn
21st May 2015, 04:08
I see no problem with this being implemented, and though I may not subscribe to this line of thinking I could see the appeal. A lot of newer mice comes with DPI adjustment buttons on the mice themselves, which helps to make this easier for those who desire it, but that's not necessarily available to everyone. I think having a sensitivity input field (numerical, not a slider) that actually does something (as the current slider doesn't really do anything to my knowledge) would be good in general, and having one for each team couldn't hurt. This thread may be better suited for the Feedback and Suggestion subforum.

Ghosthree3
21st May 2015, 04:20
The current slider edits the wrong sensitivity value and is extremely limited in range. That's why it seems to do nothing.

Jallford
21st May 2015, 15:14
I think this is a good idea. Personally I use a mouse with two sensitivity settings, when I play as human I hit a button that lowers sensitivity or I can't aim.

I'd find it very difficult to play if I didn't use these settings on my mouse, the gameplay on both sides is fundamentally different.

Corpsa
21st May 2015, 18:35
I also use a Mouse with a Button, i can change the sensitivity (Dpi) on my Mouse ingame in 4 different values. With a software Programm i could also change them.
I would recommend to buy a good Mouse and you have your solution, in the best case you have them for many years so the expensive Price is not really that expensive, based on years of use.
I use R.A.T 7 from Madcatz i like this mouse and i can recommend it, but there are many others out there.
Check out madcatz.com or simply Amazon or take a look in your City you will find a good one, Good luck :).

Ghosthree3
21st May 2015, 20:48
You have to be careful with changing DPI as depending on how much of a change you want it may be unreasonable to switch it with DPI. The sweet zone is between 1000-2000 on most mice - depends on the mouse, could range from 800 - 2200 or 1200 to 1800 - more or less than that and you might start to get tracking issues depending on how fast you move the mouse.

But then again if you're changing your sensitivity by a factor of 2 you need to step back and change your sensitivity to something much closer between the two.

If you wish to switch sensitivity while playing the game while we're denied the ability to do it without closing the game you might want to check out povohat's mouse accel driver. You don't need to actually use the accel part of it and can simply scale the speed while maintaining the same DPI. It's not the easiest thing to set up but it's pretty sweet if you do.

Might end up looking something like this,
Human: http://i.imgur.com/4ND5g4B.png
Vampire: http://i.imgur.com/KoMuyGn.png

For the record I'm using: http://i.imgur.com/iiycak9.png for both sides

I still don't recommend switching sensitivities for each team though personally, better to find something that works for all.

I'm all for being given the option in-game to do this, but what I'd like first is a check box for turning mouse smoothing off and for the sensitivity slider to be replaced with a box that allows us to change the CORRECT sensitivity value on the fly and on an unlimited range. Sensitivity sliders, especially with no value box, were one of the biggest failures for PC gaming there was. They're not precise and they're limited.

lucinvampire
22nd May 2015, 08:29
So i just think would be nice to implant to the options menu two different sensitivity.

Yeah this would be cool and be much much handy :thumb:

CorDthefat
22nd May 2015, 18:30
Guys its not uniqe. Just check the Planetside2 options menu. There is a checkbox to off smoothing, an other to implant raw mouse settings and a lot sensitivity for look around, an other for aiming, one for scouting and an other for vehicles and a different for flying object. So its not impossible to make...