PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Episode 3 ending and what's in EP 4?!

Nox_Dogma
20th May 2015, 20:03
Fell free to write your own thoughts of what can happen in EP 4.

Let's start with some FACTS:

End of EP3 -> we all have seen Max hanging around with Victoria and other VC members
Chloe was never in trouble with Nathan, no shooting at the toilet .. good start to become a VC Member
because we all love Max, the Blackwell Students does too.

So, Max finaly found her own style -> clothes !!
With the outfit from the Campus she ran to Chloe
End?!
no, we have a EP 4 preview!
BUT here she is at the VC Pary in here OLD clothes
further more we have a second Previewpicture right from Dontnod!

http://www.buylifeisstrange.com/img/thumbnail_ep04.jpg

Here she looks at her photos in her Room. She wears her old clothes (i think)
Only the vandalism Line from earlier episodes is missing on the wall (maybe it was washed away)
--
3 "known" pics from EP 4
1st -- a car at the Beach
2nd -- Max in front of a Laptop (where?, maybe we can find out!)
3rd -- a Girl with a gun, maybe Max? (look the Hand and Nails ... a Girl .. maybe Victoria or Nathan ^^ )

http://i.imgur.com/6mNUj0o.jpg?1

thats all i found out till now :)

and FICTION

if she can now "jump" into other/old timelines, we can imagine that she can user her power like "Jumpers" (movie) or "The Butterfly Effekt" (movie, but this option to go on with the plot is LAME, so this will not happen)
to correct/chance things
maybe she can go to the point in time where Chloe had her injury (we don't know what happend to her, i call it injury for the moment) but she needs a picture from this time.

Max herself called this pictures "Memorial-Wall" (if this is not right, correct me pls), there she has all pictures she need to save Chloe and William.

Maybe she finds a good way back to the "old" timeline
---

no, thats to much
i think it is more possible that the end of EP3 is a "vision" and she will "awake" from that at the beginning of EP 4
in the kitchen in her 13y old self, and have the same choise as she had in the "vision"
hide the key, save William...or let William die

this is dramatic and i don't want to decide who live and who not (ok, Chloe is not dead, but to know that my decision injured her is to much for my little poor heart)

with the facts in mind, i think this is more realistic than jumping between timelines

thx for reading my 2 cents
hope to read here your "Shape of things to come"

julietxjules
20th May 2015, 20:12
Ha! Good for you. :rasp:

No input from me for now, I am still in a state of deep contemplation about everything "Chaos Theory" has offered by way of suggestion or possible outcomes.

Nox_Dogma
20th May 2015, 20:35
we will see how long it take until you can't resist and start writing :)

btw, i added the EP 4: Dark Room Pics
i think we have some more facts in this 3 pictures, what did you think?

julietxjules
20th May 2015, 21:22
Hey! I get it. You're trying to be sneaky and make me write some stuff.
So just as a tease I will say this for now. The preview pictures of "Dark Room" mean absolutely nothing to me at the moment other than what they directly graphically represent.

William is meant to die in his own timeline and altering that has dire consequences for Chloe. Chloe is meant to die in the future and that is why she survived her accident and ended up a cripple; it was not her time. She took the place of her father when she found the car keys just after Max dropped them in the sink and then ran after him so he wouldn't have to take the bus. (someone had to suffer on that day.) Chloe, in her excited haste, was hit either by regular traffic or a bus! And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to discover that the bus in the junkyard is the same one that hit her all those years ago: bus 142. The School bus. There is a reason why Max has taken a picture of it and why the doe appeared by it. Yes?

And I will reiterate again - there is a very good reason why the family surname in Price. But bear in mind that all the above is not a complete finished idea.

That is a sneak peek into the window of my current ever-changing thinking.

Nox_Dogma
20th May 2015, 21:42
wow ^^
that is a big sneakpeek, i forgot the bus, how could i
ok, spoiler (only for gameplay): you can throw the car-key into the backyard
you have great ideas and thats why i love your posts

thanks a lot Julietxjules

now i can go to bed :)

hope to read more from you soon
you are a inspiration for my imagination ^^

julietxjules
20th May 2015, 21:51
wow ^^
that is a big sneakpeek, i forgot the bus, how could i
ok, spoiler (only for gameplay): you can throw the car-key into the backyard
you have great ideas and thats why i love your posts

thanks a lot Julietxjules

now i can go to bed :)

hope to read more from you soon
you are a inspiration for my imagination ^^

I thank you, and I am glad to read that I inspire you so!

But bear in mind it is but the beginning of a theory that fits well in my own mind. :)

WazzuMan
20th May 2015, 23:16
Actually the photo of Chloe smiling with keys is from one of her more recent birthdays, since it replaced one with her and David. Also you can see a brand new truck behind her.

As for episode 4, I assume we go back to the original timeline. We know Chloe suffers a fate worse than death but what about Rachel Amber or Kate Marsh? What about the conspiracy and the tornado vision? Max can only do so much on her own and Chloe and her are a team, which has been stated a few times this episode.

TheEmissary
21st May 2015, 05:37
End of EP3 -> we all have seen Max hanging around with Victoria and other VC members
Chloe was never in trouble with Nathan, no shooting at the toilet .. good start to become a VC Member
because we all love Max, the Blackwell Students does too.Yes and maybe the VC in this timeline is more of what it was originally and not just a bunch of entitled *******s.

End?!
BUT here she is at the VC Pary in here OLD clothesBecause it never was Max's style, it was Rachel's. And in this timeline Max never got the clothes from Chloe anyway.

i think it is more possible that the end of EP3 is a "vision" and she will "awake" from that at the beginning of EP 4
in the kitchen in her 13y old self, and have the same choise as she had in the "vision"
hide the key, save William...or let William dieI don't think so. I think this is real and we spend most of Episode 4 in this new timeline, learn a few things about what happened in the original timeline, and then return to the original timeline or a timeline that's at least very similar to the original one.

Bullet100
21st May 2015, 13:20
What if Max is Rachel from another timeline? *boom head explodes*

No but in all seriousness I don't think that was a vision. You were able to interact with the environment way too much and what you changed influenced the future afterwards. Remember the butterfly you were able to draw on the fireplace? I'm sure that's going to leave a mark in history, but I'm curious if that will still be there even if you go back to your original timeline? Makes me wonder why there's a drawing of a doe in Two Whales Diner bathrooms. But that's probably not related...

I'm just blabbing haha sorry

AnimeSuperFan
21st May 2015, 14:50

No but in all seriousness I don't think that was a vision. You were able to interact with the environment way too much and what you changed influenced the future afterwards. Remember the butterfly you were able to draw on the fireplace? I'm sure that's going to leave a mark in history, but I'm curious if that will still be there even if you go back to your original timeline? Makes me wonder why there's a drawing of a doe in Two Whales Diner bathrooms. But that's probably not related...

I'm just blabbing haha sorry

1. I actually thought Max would end up being Rachel as well, but than everyone saw Max was just wearing her clothes. They didn't mistake her for Rachel at all. Though There's a slim possibility, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

2. I thought the doe in the bathroom at 'Two Whales' was a clue as well. Especially since it's close to a poster of 'Rachel Amber'.

StrangerThanFiction
21st May 2015, 16:40
Fell free to write your own thoughts of what can happen in EP 4.

Let's start with some FACTS:

because we all love Max, the Blackwell Students does too.

End?!
BUT here she is at the VC Pary in here OLD clothes
further more we have a second Previewpicture right from Dontnod!

http://www.buylifeisstrange.com/img/thumbnail_ep04.jpg

Here she looks at her photos in her Room. She wears her old clothes (i think)
Only the vandalism Line from earlier episodes is missing on the wall (maybe it was washed away)
--
3 "known" pics from EP 4
1st -- a car at the Beach
2nd -- Max in front of a Laptop (where?, maybe we can find out!)
3rd -- a Girl with a gun, maybe Max? (look the Hand and Nails ... a Girl .. maybe Victoria or Nathan ^^ )

http://i.imgur.com/6mNUj0o.jpg?1

thats all i found out till now :)

and FICTION

if she can now "jump" into other/old timelines, we can imagine that she can user her power like "Jumpers" (movie) or "The Butterfly Effekt" (movie, but this option to go on with the plot is LAME, so this will not happen)
to correct/chance things
maybe she can go to the point in time where Chloe had her injury (we don't know what happend to her, i call it injury for the moment) but she needs a picture from this time.

Max herself called this pictures "Memorial-Wall" (if this is not right, correct me pls), there she has all pictures she need to save Chloe and William.

Maybe she finds a good way back to the "old" timeline
---

no, thats to much
hide the key, save William...or let William die

this is dramatic and i don't want to decide who live and who not (ok, Chloe is not dead, but to know that my decision injured her is to much for my little poor heart)

with the facts in mind, i think this is more realistic than jumping between timelines

thx for reading my 2 cents
hope to read here your "Shape of things to come"

Judging by the preview of episode 4, it seems more likely that we've entered an alternate timeline rather than it being another vision [though your theory is pretty awesome too].

I have to side with what DiGreatDestroyer said in the DAT ENDING DOE! thread. We now have three possible timelines: one in where Chloe dies in the bathroom, one in where you save Chloe, and now one where Chloe's dad is alive. My theory is that the timelines are somehow connected to the climate change due to the butterfly effect. We are creating more and more alternate timelines with each choice that it will eventually lead to the universe being ripped apart (or Arcadia Bay to be specific).

I think we have more questions now more than ever, which is what I love about LIS. But there are a few things that is throwing me off [and it's due to that email]. Exactly how is Rachel Amber connected to The Dark Room? Are Nathan and Madsen seriously teaming up or is Madsen working undercover to figure out what's all going on? I honestly believe that Madsen will be one of the good guys in the end [no matter how much of a step-douche he is].

Episode 4 cannot come soon enough!

Jerome_the_wise
21st May 2015, 19:10
She didn't get hurt that day, because you can see how time passes with the pictures, and the last one shows Chloe opening a present: the keys to her truck

WazzuMan
22nd May 2015, 03:21
Predictions for Episode 4:

- We will absolutely return to the original timeline. It makes no sense if we don't.
- We finally get to go to the Vortex Club End of the World party (consequences for being invited; altering the quest list)
- Episode is titled The Dark Room, Nathan's note said "Rachel in the Dark Room" over and over, maybe the Episode ends when we finally discover her fate
- We need to use our rewind to save Allysa for the fourth time. Maybe she gets pushed in the pool
- Something happened to Kate at a Vortex party and Rachel went to one before she disappeared so either someone in the Vortex Club is involved or someone wants people to think that to draw away suspicion from people like David or Chloe

MosesKarada
22nd May 2015, 03:51

I honestly had been feeling this would be the outcome for a while. The only reason I feel that this can't be possible is the whole romantic angle with Frank. Oh well, maybe it's splintered personality types across timelines. Rachel is Max's wildside.

Rome1992
22nd May 2015, 07:30
I have a feeling though that the entire game was the events of episode 5 happened before every episode. My clue was the 3 pics we have on episode 5. the 2nd picture and the 3rd picture was the obvious sign. the 2nd pic was the picture max has in her notebook when she woke up(and we all know that the items we get will still remain to us after rewind) so i guess she rewinded that moment without her noticing it yet.

Tataboj
27th May 2015, 16:59
Wow. Maybe... What if Rachel used the picture with Max and Chloe, saved Chloe's dad and ended up inside Max? And now Max and Rachel will be confronting or something...?

meimeiriver
18th Jun 2015, 22:42
I honestly had been feeling this would be the outcome for a while. The only reason I feel that this can't be possible is the whole romantic angle with Frank. Oh well, maybe it's splintered personality types across timelines. Rachel is Max's wildside.

I definitely believe Rachel is Max herself, as outlined here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=156732)

What would cause the Max that traveled back in time to become Choe's new best friend (see link above) to become so radically different, though?!

For starters, a 'returned' Max would have been without her parents in that timeline: and we only need to look at Chloe to see what that does to a teenager. Especially if the 'returned' Max wound up with Frank, who 'took her in' (eew; even the thought makes me cringe). So, 'Rachel' becomes a Chloe-version of the Max, as it were: without proper parental guidance, a possible junkie, down on her luck, but still Chloe's best friend (who, ironically, also happens to be in a similar curcimstance). Remember, the 'returned' Max would have only been 13 at the time! Totally helpless against pervs like Frank (again, eew). Hence, Rachel essentially became a darker Max, as it were, devoid of all the things that made her current-timeline life such a breeze.

I would really like it if the game took that turn. Because it would be beautiful all the way, because of the circularity and complementary nature of needing friends, always; because losing a dad means you need someone else in your life: someone who essentially sacrificied herself for you, and, in doing so, thru her own misery, became the exact 'team mate' for your current, disturbed life.

Honestly, I could choak up. :) No, seriously, this type of game really gets to me.

N.B. Almost makes the whole hurricane plot insignificant, doen't it?!

Valenka
23rd Jun 2015, 01:45
The ending of Chaos Theory almost gave me a stroke. My jaw literally dropped.

Alvare
1st Jul 2015, 20:22
It'll get even more tense from now on I guess. We're on our way to the feeltrain.