PDA

View Full Version : There Are No Words Adequate To....

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 10:43
I may have said it before, and I am sure I will say again at some point in the not too distant future; this game is simply amazing and totally unafraid to shock its enraptured audience. My jaw literally dropped open at the finish - yes, I mean that quite literally.

I thought that the atmosphere throughout the entire episode was spell-binding, but little did I realise that waiting in the wings was a sledgehammer that would deliver a blow to my senses. Unbelievable!

But no spoilers here today please; this is just a post that I am writing directly after playing through "Chaos Theory" for the first time. I could say many things about what I saw, what I learned, what I did, and what I feel inside right now, but that can of beans is not meant to be spilt by me today. I will sit back and take the due time needed to digest all the information gathered and to replay it over and over again.

Dontnod have shown, and continue to show the gaming world that there can be something more to gaming than the humdrum of constant repetition.

Once again;

My kudos to you!

WOW!

Edit:

Author's note: I have mentioned in the host thread "but no spoilers here today please." I would appreciate it if my request be respected by all those who leave comments here. If you must write spoilers so soon after the release of "Chaos Theory" then please do so by starting your own thread rather than use mine. This thread is purely based on my first reactions to playing episode three; it does not warrant spoilers!

Thank you.

Tiago_Carvalho
19th May 2015, 12:31
Feeling that way too. Absolutely amazing!

TwoTonTom
19th May 2015, 13:57
Completely agree - fantastic!

Or, as they say in Italian - fantastico!

Bullet100
19th May 2015, 14:24
Outstanding episode! Was just the right length and there was a lot happening too. I really enjoyed the time spent with Chloe that night and the history revealed between the two. I also liked how Max was kind of the "bad girl" in this episode breaking into several locations, not following the rules, making explosives, etc. It was a nice escape from the usual "good girl" we've been dealing with in the first two episodes.

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 15:57
Feeling that way too. Absolutely amazing!

And totally, shockingly, unexpected.

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 15:59
Completely agree - fantastic!

Or, as they say in Italian - fantastico!

Magnificum! ;)

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 16:03
Outstanding episode! Was just the right length and there was a lot happening too. I really enjoyed the time spent with Chloe that night and the history revealed between the two. I also liked how Max was kind of the "bad girl" in this episode breaking into several locations, not following the rules, making explosives, etc. It was a nice escape from the usual "good girl" we've been dealing with in the first two episodes.

Yes indeed. I am not going to go elaborate that much by use of spoilers (way too early) but the episode managed to turn everything on its head and left me in a state of shock. :)

Alvare
19th May 2015, 16:50
I feel very uncomfortable about how this episode ended. I just know now that Max is just as ominous as she claims Blackwell is. And where do we go from here? There's nothing left of what we did in the first three episodes now.
My mind is blown. xD

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 16:54
I feel very uncomfortable about how this episode ended. I just know now that Max is just as ominous as she claims Blackwell is. And where do we go from here? There's nothing left of what we did in the first three episodes now.
My mind is blown. xD

Yours is blown?! . . .I haven't got a mind left - it's been reduced to a gooey mess on the carpet!

See what happens when you mess with time; nothing good can become of it. . .theoretically speaking of course.

Alvare
19th May 2015, 17:05
True.
Saw this one coming from the moment I saw that weird light and blur coming of the photo Max was holding.
I knew I was going to be forced into this plot twist.

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 17:09
True.
Saw this one coming from the moment I saw that weird light and blur coming of the photo Max was holding.
I knew I was going to be forced into this plot twist.

There is so much to take in and digest that I am taking a sabbatical from thinking about theories for now. My mind is lost in an ocean of forgotten thought!

Oh! How poetic of me. :rasp:

Alvare
19th May 2015, 17:14
There is so much to take in and digest that I am taking a sabbatical from thinking about theories for now. My mind is lost in an ocean of forgotten thought!

Oh! How poetic of me. :rasp:
We're just as lost as Max now. :nut:

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 17:17
We're just as lost as Max now. :nut:

. . .And I really liked that chequered shirt she wore, too. :nut:

TheEmissary
19th May 2015, 17:17
My mind is blown. xDMaybe, but they still have to explain what happened to Rachel, Kate and the red files. Everything else would be a shame.

The end of the episode is totally "The Butterfly Effect", Max is just using a picture instead of a journal.

Alvare
19th May 2015, 17:39
Max has forgotten she used her own created picture to erase stuff and that's why she get's the visions.

Maybe, but they still have to explain what happened to Rachel, Kate and the red files. Everything else would be a shame.I disagree after this episode. **** the files and the conspiracy thing. It's the climate change that needs to be stopped.

. . .And I really liked that chequered shirt she wore, too.
She finally looks her age with these clothes. :)

julietxjules
19th May 2015, 18:05
I disagree after this episode. **** the files and the conspiracy thing. It's the climate change that needs to be stopped.

. . .And the situation with Chloe. :)

No in depth spoilers please! :rasp:

Alvare
19th May 2015, 18:26
No I won't spoil for others.. but it's so messed up.
I'm literally worried about the main characters now.
And what about David? Did he truly deserve such a fate. I kind of liked him. And what about Max? She will get damaged very
soon if she continues going back and forth like this. She was kind of innocent at first, but now she's losing it. Even people around her notice she's already acting weird. And don't even get me started on Chloe..

Savegame2
19th May 2015, 20:01
My feedback to EP3:

We played EP3 today.
Hmm, i expected very much. Perhaps too much.

The Storytelling was, in my opinion, not creative.
I was not as enthusiastic as in EP1 and EP2.

I loved it, when Chloe asks Max for a kiss. Chloe was (in EP3) flirting with Max.
Why not a "bisexual adventure"? When Cloe asks for a Kiss, it´s not just fun.
And when she crushed on Rachel, it´s a hint, that Chloe is interested in girls.
The reaction after the kiss was not understandable, when we think on the "flirts"
and the "oh la la" and the "splish splashs".
Chloe retreats and is averse . Confused yes, but that averse? No, that was not good.

The end of EP3 is not good. Sure, LiS is a Sci-Fi story, but at end the episode
with a parallel world where the lovely and wild Chloe is that handicaped, that makes a bad mood.

A good ending could be the choice, which "world" is the "real".

We´re lookin forward to EP4!

I hope EP4 is giving us more choices again.

TheEmissary
20th May 2015, 09:57
I disagree after this episode. **** the files and the conspiracy thing. It's the climate change that needs to be stopped.Yes, that too. But IMHO it would be bad storytelling not to explain it. They can still have a slightly altered version of the same events in the new timeline that explains the stuff from the original one.

julietxjules
20th May 2015, 15:07
I have mentioned in the host thread "but no spoilers here today please." I would appreciate it if my request be respected by all those who leave comments here. If you must write spoilers so soon after the release of "Chaos Theory" then please do so by starting your own thread rather than use mine. This thread is purely based on my first reactions to playing episode three; it does not warrant spoilers!

Thank you.

Nox_Dogma
20th May 2015, 15:41
Julietxjules, i respect your whish :) no spoilers here

if you want, you can start a new topic for discusion EP3 (including spoilers)
i love it to read your ideas and i think you have a lot of them to tell us :)

julietxjules
20th May 2015, 15:52
Julietxjules, i respect your whish :) no spoilers here

if you want, you can start a new topic for discusion EP3 (including spoilers)
i love it to read your ideas and i think you have a lot of them to tell us :)

Thank you Nox_Dogma, I appreciate it, truly I do.

I actually do start my own threads on each episode where all major spoilers can be openly discussed, but I wait a couple of weeks before I do. There's nothing wrong with discussing the details of a new episode, but I wish people would do it in the relevant place and not on a thread that has nothing to do with the plot such as this one.

My thanks again. :)

ScottBlows
21st May 2015, 14:56
Glad you enjoyed Episode 3 - thanks so much for continuing to post your thoughts in this forum

julietxjules
22nd May 2015, 00:13
Glad you enjoyed Episode 3 - thanks so much for continuing to post your thoughts in this forum

Thanks again, Scott.

I think the time has come for me to state quite categorically that "Life is Strange," is by far the best game I have ever known and played. :worship: