PDA

View Full Version : Steam Trading Cards have Arrived

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 10:51
Hey everyone!

Valve pushed the Steam Trading Cards live for Nosgoth on the weekend, so here's a quick lowdown of what that involves:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/steam-trading-cards-have-arrived

A quick note, if you previously spent money on the game, it should trigger them as well (in my experience with other F2P games I play).

The link to Valve's article about how Trading Cards work is in the blog, but here it is for easy reference, as it covers off a lot of common questions:

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards

Gugulug5000
18th May 2015, 10:57
The blog says there are only 8 cards, when there are actually 10, just fyi.

Louves
18th May 2015, 10:59
I know some people who spend like 15€ on this game so far but received 5 cards just by playing. Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 11:03
The blog says there are only 8 cards, when there are actually 10, just fyi.

Good catch! 2 more got added, MOOARRR CARDDSSS mmmmm.

I know some people who spend like 15€ on this game so far but received 5 cards just by playing. Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?

Did they get any Founders Packs through Steam? Outside of Runestone purchases, I believe they might apply as well. In any case, it is totally on Valve's side, but if you want to PM me any profile links I can follow up with them and find out more :)

Ysanoire
18th May 2015, 11:39
So, you get drops if you bought stuff THROUGH STEAM?

Rune purchases via Nosgoth website don't count?

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 13:00
So, you get drops if you bought stuff THROUGH STEAM?

Rune purchases via Nosgoth website don't count?

It's a Steam specific feature and on their side, so only tracks purchases from Steam/Valve.

Captain3009
18th May 2015, 14:55
yeeey, i got my first badge allready. I got 5 cards from playing the game and the rest I bought in the steammarket.

Now i'm hunting for more cards so I can level up to lvl 5 and become a Lieutenant. :D

The backgrounds are looking good.

RainaAudron
18th May 2015, 15:14
I think my account is bugged, it still says "No card drops remaining" :/

Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?

In any game on steam you get half of the cards just by having the game turned on and need to trade/buy the rest.

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 15:21
I think my account is bugged, it still says "No card drops remaining" :/

Have you made purchases through Steam, for the game? According to Valve's specifications it shouldn't trigger any cards otherwise, with how F2P games work on their card system. If you have, let me know and I'll see what I can find out from them.

RainaAudron
18th May 2015, 15:36
Have you made purchases through Steam, for the game? According to Valve's specifications it shouldn't trigger any cards otherwise, with how F2P games work on their card system. If you have, let me know and I'll see what I can find out from them.

I got Warlord and Immortal from Steam.

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 15:45
I'll see what I can find out from them!

RainaAudron
18th May 2015, 15:49
Thanks! :)

RazielWarmonic
18th May 2015, 16:14
1134 hours later this is added lol. ;_;

Naw, but this is cool to see. Looking to get that Hunter/Reaver profile background.

KaininitePriestess
19th May 2015, 08:16
I bought the Immortal founder's pack, too, and haven't had any cards drop. o_O

Sasha_Vykos
19th May 2015, 10:00
yeeey, i got my first badge allready. I got 5 cards from playing the game and the rest I bought in the steammarket.

Now i'm hunting for more cards so I can level up to lvl 5 and become a Lieutenant. :D

The backgrounds are looking good.

How do u buy them?
I have tryed to exchange some of them (doubles) with my steam friends but it gives me an error every time.. any idea why?
And I think that the amount of money spent is only AFTER the introduction of the cards. Because I bought 3 founders pack in closed beta but steam says that I have spent a lower amount (and that is the amount I have spent in the last week). Can you confirm it?

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 10:15
Just to confirm, did you guys buy your Founders Packs through Steam, or through our site/elsewhere?

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 10:41
I just checked my purchase history on Steam and it shows I bought both Immortal and Warlord packs on Steam Store.

Louves
19th May 2015, 10:55
I also checked my purchase history and I should have received 9, almost 10 cards, but only received 5 :hmm:

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 10:58
I also checked my purchase history and I should have received 9, almost 10 cards, but only received 5 :hmm:

As I said above you will always receive only half of the trading cards in any game which supports this feature.

Sasha_Vykos
19th May 2015, 11:11
Just to confirm, did you guys buy your Founders Packs through Steam, or through our site/elsewhere?

I bought them through steam (as my account says).. and i would like to know how I can exchange cards with other players, considering that I can't atm (always the same error)

Louves
19th May 2015, 11:12
Ah okay, sorry did not read that.

@Sasha_Vykos If you can't exchange them, you probably have to buy them on the steam market. Maybe contact Steam support.

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 11:33
We're checking with Valve about the packs, bear with us guys.

I bought them through steam (as my account says).. and i would like to know how I can exchange cards with other players, considering that I can't atm (always the same error)

It's unlikely I'll be able to help too much with it as it's purely a Steam feature, but what error do you get? Is it blocking you from doing any trades at all?

Sasha_Vykos
19th May 2015, 11:39
We're checking with Valve about the packs, bear with us guys.

It's unlikely I'll be able to help too much with it as it's purely a Steam feature, but what error do you get? Is it blocking you from doing any trades at all?

Yeah I can understand it.. i will maybe contact directly steam. Every time I try to make an offer this is the error : "There was an error sending your exchange offer . Please try again later . (24)" (I translate it from my mother language).. it happened for 3 days now.

Thanks anyway for your interest.

Louves
19th May 2015, 11:43
Yeah I can understand it.. i will maybe contact directly steam. Every time I try to make an offer this is the error : "There was an error sending your exchange offer . Please try again later . (24)" (I translate it from my mother language).. it happened for 3 days now.

Thanks anyway for your interest.

I found a list about steam trading errors (http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/20139-steam-trade-offers-errors-what-do-they-mean/), maybe it helps you.

Sasha_Vykos
19th May 2015, 11:55
I found a list about steam trading errors (http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/20139-steam-trade-offers-errors-what-do-they-mean/), maybe it helps you.

thanks a lot! it helps :)

cmstache
19th May 2015, 12:15
How do card drops work? I don't really dot he whole "Steam trading" thing. *shrug*

Says I have 5 drops, but no cards. Is this an issue, or is there something else I need to do?

lucinvampire
19th May 2015, 12:40
Hmm this is interesting, I've spent about £100 in Nosgoth since the purchasing come in and also having about 400-500hrs of gameplay – and I only got three cards...I feel cheated :p

So my questions are do old purchases count or is it only new ones? And also does only new playtime apply (since their launch) to obtaining these cards?

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 12:40
How do card drops work? I don't really dot he whole "Steam trading" thing. *shrug*

Says I have 5 drops, but no cards. Is this an issue, or is there something else I need to do?

Turn on the game for about an hour.

Lucy: You should still get 2 more cards - just turn on the game, play few matches or just leave it on and you should get the rest.

"How can I earn more drops?
Card drops in free to play games are rewards for spending money in game.
You have not purchased anything in game after this card set was released."

It says this is the reason I did not get any card drops, however, Cat said that those who bought packs in the past should get them too.

cmstache
19th May 2015, 12:43
LOL, Simple fixes ftw. Although, to be fair, according to what I read, it's 1 drop per 10-ish dollars spent. Which isn't even close to what my account shows...

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 12:52
LOL, Simple fixes ftw. Although, to be fair, according to what I read, it's 1 drop per 10-ish dollars spent. Which isn't even close to what my account shows...
How much you spent is irrelevant - you always get half of them for free and the rest you must buy/trade.

cmstache
19th May 2015, 12:53
Hmm, seems odd. But, OK. :)

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 13:58
It says this is the reason I did not get any card drops, however, Cat said that those who bought packs in the past should get them too.

As I understand it, but we're checking with Valve on that, to see what's going on. Will let you guys know when we have an answer back.

Just to stress again for anyone new to the thread though, because it's a Steam feature, it tracks Steam purchases only. If you made a purchase elsewhere (our site, GMG, Humble Bundle, etc) it wouldn't track on their side.

WoG-Hazaa
19th May 2015, 13:59
I'm bit confused here.. So you get 5 for free or what? I have made purchases in game (via steam) but still got only 5 cards in total.. I get more from purchases or how?

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 14:02
Steam's Trading Card page has more info about how the whole system works: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards

As it's Trading-based, you wouldn't get all cards as drops (for any game), and the others have to be traded, though as the progress option within Steam indicates you would get more cards as you spend, with how their system works.

You can check your progress towards a card drop any time by going into Badges> Nosgoth> then clicking on the line that shows "x card drops remaining"/"no card drops remaining" and you'll see a progress bar there.

lucinvampire
19th May 2015, 14:46
Lucy: You should still get 2 more cards - just turn on the game, play few matches or just leave it on and you should get the rest.

Ah ok, I must have misunderstood the blog entry completely then, I thought your transactions were taken into consideration and then the rest earned, and if you wanted to just buy cards you could.

I’m confused as since Sunday I’ve played 4-5 hours over 2 days and got one, so I should get a drop every hour or so? Ugh I don’t really get it, oh well I just wanted the faces because they are funny :)

Just to stress again for anyone new to the thread though, because it's a Steam feature, it tracks Steam purchases only. If you made a purchase elsewhere (our site, GMG, Humble Bundle, etc) it wouldn't track on their side.

So transactions do count? So what about in game purchases?

*skulks back in the corner*

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 15:01
So transactions do count? So what about in game purchases?

*skulks back in the corner*

Steam track purchases made within Steam, so if you bought Runestones through the game/Steam or a game pack through Steam. Checking into it with them about Founders Packs to see what the story with them is.

Captain3009
19th May 2015, 15:02
I got my 5 free cards as drops, the rest I bought in the steam market. :D

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 16:30
Ok, so it seems the issue is that Steam does not detect the previous purchases in relation to the cards - since it was and is f2p at the moment the cards have been put in, so only players who made a purchase after that time got them.

MasterShuriko
19th May 2015, 18:53
cards is expensive! :eek:

RainaAudron
19th May 2015, 19:33
Okay, so I just spent 1000 runes on a chest only to get a useless Mysterious Kidnap, which I already have (and will never ever use) and there are still no card drops... This is beyond frustrating :mad2:

EDIT: It seems it needed a little while before the card drops kicked in after purchase, I got two now.

DesolatedMaggot
20th May 2015, 02:14
Update: Out of the blue I now have one card drop available, had none until now. No idea how or why I've suddenly 'earned' a drop, or why only one -- it was my understand you could earn a minimum of half the cards (5). Either way its progress I suppose.

pundewhee
20th May 2015, 08:59
Steam says I have earned 7 card drops, I've gotten 5 of them. But it also says I have received all my card drops and I'm eligible for a booster back, although I have gotten only 6 out of the 7 earned (as I was typing this I got the sixth one). It also says the 2 extra cards are for purchasing DLC, I'm not sure what that is, I think I've only bought some runestones for under 10 euros or so via steam and that was before the cards were available. Oh and I bought the vampire founder's pack a year ago, also got some other pack from SQEN Christmas Surprise. Maybe those count as DLC? Confusing.

http://i.imgur.com/CWV5Zz6.png

RainaAudron
20th May 2015, 09:19
Weird, I have never seen this screen before, but you are right... They might have changed the policies or something. Mine says drops earned by purchasing dlc: 7.

SirSleepALot
20th May 2015, 10:41
Card drops earned: 5
Drops earned by spending money in game before card set was released: 5
Card drops received: 5
You don't have any more drops remaining for Nosgoth.

Okay so basically if you want to get more card drops you have to buy stuff in game now and the past transactions (before cardes were released) don't count?. I have bought the Starter Pack in February and several thousand runes since. That seems a but unfair.

RainaAudron
20th May 2015, 10:47
Okay so basically if you want to get more card drops you have to buy stuff in game now and the past transactions (before cardes were released) don't count?. I have bought the Starter Pack in February and several thousand runes since. That seems a but unfair.

You can buy cards from steam market for around 10 cents.

MasterShuriko
20th May 2015, 11:37
I got max steam emblem with Nosgoth and I got the Nosgoth icon 3x. Still missing the dumahim and Vampire insignia. How can I get those now?
Or is it over for me? no chance left of getting them?
still missing some backgrounds aswell=(

RainaAudron
20th May 2015, 11:39
I got max steam emblem with Nosgoth and I got the Nosgoth icon 3x. Still missing the dumahim and Vampire insignia. How can I get those now?
Or is it over for me? no chance left of getting them?
still missing some backgrounds aswell=(
Trade or buy only I am afraid.

Saikocat
20th May 2015, 12:37
Got word back from Valve, they made a few adjustments last night and previously purchased packs now add to it, so you may have seen some card drops today as a result.

PencileyePirate
23rd May 2015, 17:42
Over the past year or so I've purchased the original day 1 vampire founders, the ultra-discounted immortal founders when it was being discontinued, and in-game runes ... I haven't received a single card drop. Maybe because my purchases were before Steam open beta? Cards aren't all that important to me but something seems a little off.

KaininitePriestess
23rd May 2015, 18:44
Yeah, I've gotten a few card drops myself, so yay! Now I just need to start trading cards with other people. Too bad I turned a ton of cards into gems recently. >_< I didn't realize I'd want or need them until now!

Firehex
25th May 2015, 02:35
In early beta i've bought warlord pack and got only 1 card drop... :( In steam card progress written i will not get more...
Few minutes ago bought minumim ammount of runes - hope it will give some more cards...

Saikocat
26th May 2015, 10:12
Over the past year or so I've purchased the original day 1 vampire founders, the ultra-discounted immortal founders when it was being discontinued, and in-game runes ... I haven't received a single card drop. Maybe because my purchases were before Steam open beta? Cards aren't all that important to me but something seems a little off.

Did you get the packs and Runestones through Steam, or through another site (including Nosgoth.com)?

pundewhee
28th May 2015, 12:32
Yeah, I've gotten a few card drops myself, so yay! Now I just need to start trading cards with other people. Too bad I turned a ton of cards into gems recently. >_< I didn't realize I'd want or need them until now!
You can craft a booster pack (3 random cards) with 600 gems.

KaininitePriestess
29th May 2015, 11:14
Yeah, I know, but I don't have enough of those to get a pack yet. :T Darnit.