PDA

View Full Version : Performance Issues / May 19th Hotfix

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 09:47
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your reports after our May 14th patch.

We have identified the root of the new performance issues some of you were experiencing, causing a low frame-rate, and we're prepping a hotfix to release to clear that up. That fix won't be ready to go out today, but we'll keep this thread updated with news as soon as we can confirm when the patch is hitting (this week).

We know this is a frustrating issue, and we thank you for your patience while we get this new game update out.

UPDATE
We have now pushed a hotfix (May 19th) with some changes.

Reverted main menu to be a 3D scene instead of a Bink movie (which was causing performance drops), while the underlying issue is being investigated and worked on
Reverted minimum texture resolution sizes

Shikei001
18th May 2015, 09:55
Are we allowed to ask what was/is causing the low frame-rates ?

riccetto80
18th May 2015, 10:10
That fix won't be ready to go out today, but we'll keep this thread updated with news as soon as we can confirm when the patch is hitting (this week).

:(

mean i will not play this week too till the patch, like i dididnt play in week end, the frame is too little to play, specially as vampire.

anyway thank for the news and keep us informed.

Harmaatukka
18th May 2015, 10:24
Proper patch notes this time, pretty please. I'm not liking what I see right now, bringing back yesterdays performance, when it went down the month before and the month before is not enough, you will keep losing players and potential players.

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 11:00
:(

mean i will not play this week too till the patch, like i dididnt play in week end, the frame is too little to play, specially as vampire.

anyway thank for the news and keep us informed.

We'll be pushing a patch this week, it just won't be today. I'll let everyone know as soon as we have confirmation on when the hotfix will happen.

maddpadd
18th May 2015, 21:21
When are yous gonna fix the crosshair dot & the level reset bugs?

Ghosthree3
18th May 2015, 21:46
Crosshair fix would be good. My eyes are starting to go wonky.

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 11:30
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update to let you know I'll update this thread as soon as there is news about the patch/hotfix. Don't have confirmation just yet on when the patch will go out but as soon as we have that, I'll let you all know. Thanks so much for your patience!

Crosshair fix would be good. My eyes are starting to go wonky.

I didn't get any news back on it yet, but I know it's being looked into. As soon as I have some info to share with you guys I'll be posting it in the main thread.

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 13:32
We're now in maintenance mode while we push this hotfix. Some quick notes will follow!

PollyEsther
19th May 2015, 13:37
We're now in maintenance mode while we push this hotfix. Some quick notes will follow!

Well there goes my night, happy to see a hotfix for the fps issues though. Any idea how long this will take?

Ysanoire
19th May 2015, 13:40
Very happy to hear it's coming!

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 13:43
Hopefully shouldn't be a long one as it's just a hotfix, but I'll let you know as soon as I get an update.

WoG-Hazaa
19th May 2015, 14:32
Servers up and game on!!

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 14:33
We are indeed back online! I updated the original post, but here are some quick notes for now about the hotfix:

UPDATE

Reverted main menu to be a 3D scene instead of a Bink movie (which was causing performance drops), while the underlying issue is being investigated and worked on

Cristari
19th May 2015, 14:40
Can't say I noticed any performance issues at all!

lucinvampire
19th May 2015, 14:48
Sweet *fingers crossed* it'll be better tonight! :D

Harmaatukka
19th May 2015, 14:50
3 FPS up, only 37 to go and we are back where we started this year! http://gyazo.com/1b05ff8e8af5d4bb209a0fe5f79d9f99
To be fair at least the game is now playable again, I would like to ask why the video was left running in the back while a match was going on anyway? Sometimes if I go between windowed and fullscreen I can still see the main menu in the back, is it still rendering that while a match has started? If so, what's the point?

corpus_callosum
19th May 2015, 16:07
Good job, nothing changed. As it was before that "hotfix" for 700 mb, fps is still 16-20, fps spikes are still there. Actually, they got worse around the crucible.

Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
Kingston 2G-UDIMM x 4 = 8 gb
GeForce GTX 560 1 gb

How this config is non-capable to support the UE3 engine game with decent fps at least at minimum is beyond me. I used to have up to 120 fps on high a year ago, now I have 16 on minimum and even tried editing ini-files and servicing my video adapter without any effect (lowered its gpu temperature by 15 degrees though). I even wonder how the hell you managed to mangle this efficient warhorse (the ue3 i mean) into this sorry state...
Optimize, i beg you. I am regretting buying founder package already.

DesolatedMaggot
19th May 2015, 16:16
Well my FPS has improved, but its still bad. WTB Optimization DLC.

Saikocat
19th May 2015, 16:43
Just one quick addition. Advanced video settings have been reset in this patch. If you experience framerate issues since this hotfix, please ensure you reconfigure your settings.

DesolatedMaggot
19th May 2015, 17:09
Just one quick addition. Advanced video settings have been reset in this patch. If you experience framerate issues since this hotfix, please ensure you reconfigure your settings.

That was the first thing I did. :/

corpus_callosum
19th May 2015, 17:53

First thing anyone needs to be done after any fix, because you keep thrashing configs every time patch hits nosgoth again. But no positive effect afterwarads anyway.
Why do you need resetting input's options? At least, make "bEnableMouseSmoothing=False" a default value in both places it exists =/.

Ysanoire
19th May 2015, 17:59
The fix did help me. At least numbers confirm it. Framerate fluctuates, but now it's in the 30-50 area rather than 15-30

ooxtcoo
19th May 2015, 18:29
for me it is better, but just 10 fps or so...

please devs get some 4 year old computer for testing so you can see with what we have to life for now... :(

note:
not cpu and not gpu is 100% used...

infact, gpu is only 45% used max. on my system and cpu is only 1 core at maximal 90% at full load.

why not just full power of the hardware?

i mean, i even play dayz at better settings and not the lowest with 1080p...

Psyonix_Corey
19th May 2015, 18:32
for me it is better, but just 10 fps or so...

please devs get some 4 year old computer for testing so you can see with what we have to life for now... :(

note:
not cpu and not gpu is 100% used...

infact, gpu is only 45% used max. on my system and cpu is only 1 core at maximal 90% at full load.

why not just full power of the hardware?

i mean, i even play dayz at better settings and not the lowest with 1080p...

What card and driver are you using?

ooxtcoo
19th May 2015, 18:45
HD5970 2x

DriverVersion: 14.501.1003.0

but i found out!
as we modded our ini files, we write protected it...
i remebered it now when i read that post from saikocat, that you had to reset the settings...

so i deleted it and restarted nosgoth and now i have up to 60 fps at crudible map!!!! ;)

EDIT:
iam back to 26 when i play with other players..
alone in crucible map i had 50-60frames...

EDIT2:

after some more tests...
i can set high quality or lowest, it dose not affect the fps rates!

but asap when other players in game, then i get big drops.

i have now at freeport between 30 and 45 fps, but only alone...
when i play with others, then i get 20-30 fps...

mongobjarne
19th May 2015, 19:29
My results seem to be that I get a better framerate than I did after the April 30th patch, but I'm still not quite back at the more or less playable framerate I had before that patch. Going mostly by feel here, I don't always play with a fps counter on.

But I'm a little confused, does the usetexturepool thing now work again or not?

Hurskas1
19th May 2015, 19:40
I've also got an increased fps. It is around 50 now, while it was 30-40 at times after the April 30th patch, and 60 (where it's capped) a few patches ago. The game also feels more stable.

On a side note (maybe this is causing or is related to the fps issues):
I've noticed deceiver illusions and summoner pets (saw it once) are acting weird (it wasn't so before). They seem to despawn properly but linger afterwards. The illusions/pets are inactive and just seem frozen.

This is an album of the pics I made of it:
http://imgur.com/a/ecxIZ#0

Equanimityjohn
19th May 2015, 20:10
As many others have said here, there was a decent performance boost but not so much of one I'd consider the game well optimized. It still runs very poorly compared to most UE3 games on the same GPU(s). Don't stop here and push for much better performance, devs. The game ran so much better than it does even now only a few months ago. Figure out what's wrong with it and fix it as soon as possible, please and thanks. :)

Wolf_the_Legend
19th May 2015, 21:11
49 FPS (+-1 FPS) at this spot pre patch, now 30 to 60 c.O ... I think I liked the stable 49 FPS more ^^ (should be 100++ tbh)

Why only 55% GPU load? ( and not at least 100% for that low FPS)

Why only one die at 80 % ( and not at least 100% for that low FPS)

My System:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660ti/specifications
http://ark.intel.com/de/products/65719/Intel-Core-i7-3770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

Steam settings:
-language=int -high -nomovies (what was this -high for? :scratch:)

INI-File from: Equanimityjohn (defaut setting is unplayable for whatever reason :/)

Guardian1uk
19th May 2015, 21:37
UPDATE

[/SIZE]

mind telling us what the rest of the patch is?
740mb for what is essentially a revert of several things and steam trading cards etc seems eccessive data wise, which leads to the question what else has been changed/added to up the size of the patch to 740mb?

Equanimityjohn
19th May 2015, 22:04
INI-File from: Equanimityjohn (defaut setting is unplayable for whatever reason :/)

Hey. I've uploaded an updated INI file for this patch. It essentially is the same, but maybe it will help boost your FPS. I'll put the link here. Don't forget that the -usetexturepool launch option is now supposedly working as it used to, apparently. It's not in the patch notes but Corey said that is what was happening in another thread and Zzott and I both noticed it working as it used to, somewhat at least.

FPS CONFIG:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3ho5klvvu1qfiv/Eq%27s%20Nosgoth%20FPS.zip?dl=0

TwitchGT
20th May 2015, 02:15
Thanks for the hotfix my gpu went from about 55% utilization to around 90-95% nearly doubling my framerate.

lucinvampire
20th May 2015, 07:33
The patch made no noticeable change to my FPS :( still down from high 40s-50 to in the 30s. This is with changing the settings to the same as what I've had them set at.

corpus_callosum
20th May 2015, 11:57
Using the latest nvidia drivers improves the situation by 2-3 fps (352.86).
And if you need some data from 3rd party test applications to root the problem, feel free to ask.

upd: Took the liberty to test this thing with aida, it turns up that gpu usage in menus is twice of its usage ingame, that is 80% and 40%. Someone screwed up royally.
Game was being run in borderless window mode, nothing exept steam, aida and some general driver stuff on the background.
As you can clearly see, it is not the lowest settings possible.

http://s8.postimg.org/njxi0lhjp/screen.jpg http://s13.postimg.org/i4s7v6hnb/screen2.jpg

Da_Wolv
20th May 2015, 12:56
Good job guys!

The microstutters are gone, instead I am down another 10-20fps (Crucible and Sommerdamm are worst), and hit detection seems bugged or maybe feels off due to the lack of frames...

Can we just have the build from 2 weeks ago back?

Edit: Anyone up for some Path of Exile?
Call me when it's fixed

TheRampa
20th May 2015, 16:45
Hotfix solved a bit my performances issues but i still got fps drops to 30/40 fps.. i tried to set low all the graphic options, still getting the same fps

My Specs:
Processor: I5 760 Overclocked 3.2ghz
Motherboard : Asus P7H55
Memory: 8 GB RAM DDr3
Graphics: Asus R9 270x Direct II TOP 2 GbDDr5 ( LATEST CATALYST DRIVERS )

Wolf_the_Legend
20th May 2015, 17:09
Here is an Update with the default INI and the new INI from Equanimityjohn.

So why the heck is my grafikcard performance caped in bouth setting by:

- reliability voltage
- operating voltage

I don't even know what that is^^ ... I mean the grafikcard is at 69°C, the max is 97°C

btw ... at the home screen of nosgoth my GPU load is 99% at 130 FPS ... wtf ... why not in-game ^^

lowering my X and Y Res by ~30% increses FPS by 1-2 FPS or did just nothing! (same spot ofc)

Harmaatukka
20th May 2015, 17:46
So I've been playing on my wife's computer this week (Witcher 3 release made me lose mine) and I played a little Nosgoth today, noticed to my surprise that game seems to run the same, so I did some testing and indeed, while the maximum frames are not as high as on my own, the minimum frames are on the same, and the ironic thing is, I get better frames on that crane test with this system.

My own computer is:

Radeon 280X, with ~25% overlock, Core @ 1125/Memory @ 1750
I5 3570K @ 4.3 Ghz
16 GB RAM
2x 256 GB SSD drives
W7 64bit

Crane test at my native resolution of 1680x1050 is 52 - 53 fps

Wife's:

GTX 470, underclocked because it's really old and the cooler is not cooling properly.
2500K @ stock settings
8 GB RAM
Some old 500GB HDD
W7 64 bit

Crane test at her native resolution of 1920x1080 gives 53 to 54 fps.

Can someone please explain this bull**** to me?

Truckposeidon
20th May 2015, 20:13
I played around 10 matches last night and my fps definately increased from 20-30 with alot of spikes to 40-50 but I got alot of fps spikes when playing cruicible.

resolution: 1920 x 1080
low settings.

Saikocat
21st May 2015, 12:58
For those still experiencing poor performance, I'm gathering up some detail for the team to help with the investigations, but could you send me the following details? It'll really help!

Email to: nosgoth (at) square-enix.com

Please send:
- A short description of your issues (ie if you've had poor performance specifically since a certain patch, or any detail that would be useful)
- Your system config details
- A Dxdiag file

How to get a dxdiag file:

Click on the Windows button (bottom left)
Type/search for "dxdiag"
Run dxdiag.exe, and run the report there
Click on “Save All Information”
Choose a location to save the file, and name it (eg Saikocat.txt)

You can then attach that saved file to your email.

Saikocat
22nd May 2015, 09:50
Thanks to everyone who has sent emails in already, it's super helpful!

Keep 'em coming, folks.