PDA

View Full Version : VAMPIRES Rahabim Wall Hax

Coathanger_MD
15th May 2015, 07:20
Forgive me if this message is funky I'm sending from my phone at work.

Had a interesting idea for a Rahabim mechanic. Sentinels can fly, how about Rahabim having some controlled agility?

One of their main natural perks can be speed and movement. Vampires can climb walls but let's let Rahabim own them. Use the shift key and if you run into a wall the vampire can "wall run" via the matrix style or gunz the duel.

Add in some flavor, being able to flip off the wall midvrun or the like can add some dynamics. Also maybe letting them cling to walls without moving up or flipping in between walls to climb.

Having an ability or two that can be used during their leaps could work out.

The Rahabim are probably going to be hard to represent creatively for nosgoth. I have trouble thinking what the devs brainstorm. But fishy snakey makes me think agility and avoidance.

Anyways just thought it would be a fun mechanic that isn't too lore breaking.

Vampmaster
15th May 2015, 09:19
It would be very lore breaking to give the aquatic clan (Rahabim) the ability that previously belonged to the wall crawler clan (Zephonim). The Zephonim in Soul Reaver 1 were the only able to have the wall climbing ability, Raziel gained the ability from consuming Zephon's soul and their development codename was the Wallcrawler/Crawler vampires. If any clan gets enhanced climbing it should be them.

Coathanger_MD
15th May 2015, 09:31
Maybe installing vertical "slip n slide" water mats on walls then. Press e to turn on the hose and try not to miss the inflatable gator mouth ;-0

Vampmaster
15th May 2015, 10:53
Maybe installing vertical "slip n slide" water mats on walls then. Press e to turn on the hose and try not to miss the inflatable gator mouth ;-0

Why would you give a suggestion like that? There are plenty of water themed creatures, both real and mythical with abilities that are nowhere near as absurd as that.

Grisamentum
15th May 2015, 10:59
Think he may have been joking, Vamp...
:lol:

Vampmaster
15th May 2015, 11:04

I thought he was implying that any water themed ability would be just as dumb as the example he gave. Not that there aren't also abilities inspired by Rahab's personality as well.

GenFeelGood
15th May 2015, 20:29
As something unique to the Rahabim, I had suggested in the Idea thread that they could utilize Kain's Mist ability to move through walls with openings and gaps. These places are present in almost every map and often around areas where the humans like to bunker down.

Ygdrasel
15th May 2015, 21:19

Maybe he shouldn't follow up serious feedback to a serious suggestion with an unclear joke. :P

@Gen: That sounds a lot like Melchiah's phasing gift, actually...And we do still need an alternative to Abyssal Barrier...

RainaAudron
16th May 2015, 12:22
@Gen: That sounds a lot like Melchiah's phasing gift, actually...And we do still need an alternative to Abyssal Barrier...

Kain was using mist to pass through bars in BO1/Defiance. It is similar in execution to Melchiah´s gift, however it´s using different means to achieve this. I agree, that the mist form would be ideal utility skill for Rahabim though, as all of Kain´s children specializes on one of his Dark Gifts.

Ygdrasel
16th May 2015, 15:22
Kain was using mist to pass through bars in BO1/Defiance. It is similar in execution to Melchiah´s gift, however it´s using different means to achieve this. I agree, that the mist form would be ideal utility skill for Rahabim though, as all of Kain´s children specializes on one of his Dark Gifts.

>all of Kain´s children specializes on one of his Dark Gifts

Ah...Not quite all but let's see.

Zephon: Climbing. ...Okay, yes, Kain can climb. XD

Turel: Telekinesis. Sure.

Raziel: Presumably flight which Kain cannot do short of shape-shifting. But that's why it's a specialization, let's say.

Dumah: Energy constriction. Barely used in SR. Never used anywhere else. Kain never did anything with it. (I really want this gift addressed more...)

Rahab: Swimming. Arguably a deliberate specialization of Kain's rain immunity.

Melchiah: Phasing.

The Rahabim gift was their unique water immunity, not phasing through of any kind, so it's hardly ideal for them. I'm not exactly diehard opposed to it but they should at least pay some basic mind to the established clan lore. I get that swimming is too one-track and tricky to implement here and so, like the Zephonim in Nosgoth, abilities would need to be extrapolated a bit more than in SR...But it was plainly Melchiah who phased through stuff.

GenFeelGood
16th May 2015, 15:44
My memory must be failing but what phase ability did Kain have? I can only remember the mist form that he used to move through barriers and that feels more in the realm of the Rahabim. I'm not against the Melchahim having the phase ability as an escape option (with projectiles flying straight through her), while the Rahabim have the mist form and that would function more as an initiator (getting the drop on humans by going through the walls they confidently keep their backs against).

Ygdrasel
16th May 2015, 16:13
I can only remember the mist form that he used to move through barriers...

That would be it. It's the exact function of phasing.

I'm pretty dead-set in my desire to see the Summoner with a phasing ability but if they can differentiate the two enough, I see no issue with Rahabim getting a similar mist thing. If they can't though...It's gotta go to the Summoner. Continuity demands it.

On the note of mist (and following up on my 'Their gift would need to be extrapolated beyond swimming' observation), perhaps the Rahabim's abilities could operate around some sort of command over water states. Mist, ice and whatnot. Something like...(Caution: Examples ahead were not thought about for very long, being only examples.)

Special- Mist Phase. The vampire turns to mist and passes through barriers.
(Can someone clarify what counts as phase-throughable? I don't recall any especially hole-y walls in Nosgoth...)
Mist Teleport. The vampires disperses into mist and reforms at the targeted location.

Q- Glacial Impalement. The vampire manipulates water in the air to form a wall of icy lances, stabbing through the enemy.
Spit. The vampire draws in water from the surrounding air and uses it to launch a damaging projectile. (Possibly AoE or with minor splash damage)

F- Dessication. The vampires pulls the water from the target's body, lowering their strength and/or increasing damage taken.
Chill. The vampire manipulates the water in the air, forming frozen blocks around the target's weapon/hands to prevent attack.