PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth's New Chests - including Unique unlocks and Premium Skins!

Saikocat
14th May 2015, 16:51
Hi everyone

Today's update includes our brand new chests, there's a run through of the feature on the blog, here:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-s-new-chests-including-unique-unlocks-and-premium-skins

C_Romo
14th May 2015, 17:04
Spending real money on random items? Count me out.

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 17:28
Please put up another announcement once the skins are sold in store; we might actually care to spend runes.

Izumi_Shinichi
14th May 2015, 21:03
At least we get the weapons for free. Or did I misread something? ****OMG DISAPPOINTMENT IS REAL. I did misread. I understand having skins for purchase, but what you have done here is **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. Also, other games randomly gives cosmetics for free so the responses "it is in line with other games" IS INVALID!

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 21:06
Spending real money on random items? Count me out.

Spending no money on a real game...

Please put up another announcement once the skins are sold in store; we might actually care to spend runes.

Why? so every game will have 1 or 2....I prefer them being a rare find that way I might value them more than a simple mini purchase.

Izumi_Shinichi
14th May 2015, 21:09
Why? so every game will have 1 or 2....I prefer them being a rare find that way I might value them more than a simple mini purchase.

Because no one wants to **** money for a random drop. That's why. These devs love to take a few step forward then a few steps back.

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 21:11
Because no one wants to **** money for a random drop. That's why. These devs love to take a few step forward then a few steps back.

Have you heard of Counter Strike keys?...and that's just off the top of my head, there's plenty more examples of this in games that make millions.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 22:02
Have you heard of Counter Strike keys?...and that's just off the top of my head, there's plenty more examples of this in games that make millions.

>Counter strike does it so that means it's ok.

Ok.

Cody_The_Wiser
14th May 2015, 22:48

Ok.

My thoughts exactly. Just because another game does it DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS JUSTIFIABLE.

*turns to Ghosthree3*
Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an advocate of restricting class stacking.

Lord_Aevum
14th May 2015, 22:58
An informal request to try to keep it civil in here, folks. There is no purpose in name-calling or retaliation; please try to post within the parameters of the Forum TOU (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?f=156) you agreed to. Thanks.

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 23:14

Counter Strike does it so......its not ok?

Just because another game does it DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS JUSTIFIABLE.

Many other games do it and are very successful in doing so, you can also buy them yes but this is how a free to play model works (infact this is how alot of games multiplayer works these days, cases/battle packs/drops/loot/chests, it gives the majority of players a reason to keep playing), it would be different if the bonuses on the abilities or weapons were better but there not...everything seems to be cosmetic. The game was funded because of this model, honestly what did you expect, free content they could charge for but don't?...In a "free" to play game.

And in reply to your original unedited post, the way the post below is "constructed" is the reason I made the insult.

At least we get the weapons for free. Or did I misread something? ****OMG DISAPPOINTMENT IS REAL. I did misread. I understand having skins for purchase, but what you have done here is **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. Also, other games randomly gives cosmetics for free so the responses "it is in line with other games" IS INVALID!

From the Chest Feedback Thread:

In terms of pricing on the chest;

If the skins can't be just available for purchase in the store, the drop chances should be narrowed down somehow. Have weapon chests that cost 200 to open and skin chests that cost 600 or something like that.

Agreed, adjust the odds or the pricing. Take out the regular Mystery items and chance of boosters...leave special named Mystery Items and Skins, I feel its the best way forward.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 23:40
*turns to Ghosthree3*
Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an advocate of restricting class stacking.

I don't remember ever supporting class count restrictions.

Ygdrasel
15th May 2015, 01:37
Random chance is not worth money. It's a video game, not a bloody slot machine. Nix the random chance and have it stated outright what the chest contains so we don't waste our money looking for a skin and end up with some kind of crossbow or something. The content would still be 'random' but nobody would be getting screwed out of cash. Win-win, yeah?

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 15:48
Hi everyone,
Just to reiterate what Lord_Aevum posted, we definitely welcome all feedback (good or bad!) and it gets listened to, but please keep it constructive.

For the Human weapons, I have seen a few more requests for screenshots. There's an album up here for the weapons (http://imgur.com/a/etk39) (first season uniques) and one here for the Vampire Marked skins (http://imgur.com/a/NF5Wn).

Screwby-Dew
18th May 2015, 17:24
I don't mind this chest system, what bother me is that you can get mysterious items in them, which is pretty disappointing because you can get them from random drops.
I would suggest to add every new visual effect (http://imgur.com/a/etk39) to every weapons of all classes or it could be an effect that you decide to apply to the weapon of your choice, without the possibility of removing it. I don't know what to think about those weapon's stats though, maybe it should only be weapon skins.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed by those Vampire's "Unique abilities". They don't get any new visual effect, it's just the 5 FX from mysterious weapons :/

The new Alchemist skin looks nice, looking forward for the others :)

On another topic, runestones are still pretty expensive... 7.49€ for 2100 = 2 chests, that's a bit overpriced for mysterious weapons, isn't it ?