PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - May 14th, 2015

Saikocat
14th May 2015, 16:12
Chests and Seasonal Items

Chests full of rare and exotic equipment are now available! Human and Vampire chests will drop after matches and can be opened with a single key from the store. Exalted versions of these chests are available in the store directly and do not require a key.

To celebrate the impending launch of Leagues and Ranked Play, our first set of Seasonal Unique equipment is available inside these chests. Unique items are Named items and feature a specific set of stats and visual effects. This season's human uniques come with custom weapon skins.

Additionally, the new Vampire "Marked" Exotic skins and the "Exalted Red Sister" Alchemist skin are available exclusively from the Exalted chests.

Scout Prestige Skin

Level 25 Scouts will be awarded the new "Elite Watcher" skin to recognize their accomplishments with the Scout class. The skin is also available in the store.

Maps

Valeholm's "Manor" courtyard has been redesigned to reduce its potency as a human camp spot
Sommerdamm "Bridge" area has also been updated as a first pass at addressing vampire difficulties in approaching entrenched human teams there

Alchemist

Fire Wall's visual FX have been optimized

Bug Fixes

Deceiver's Infect ability range has been restored to intended levels
Various collision bugfixes in all maps

RazielWarmonic
14th May 2015, 16:16
Named items and feature a specific set of stats

Interesting.

Vampmaster
14th May 2015, 16:20
Do all the vampires have a Marked skin and only the Alchemist have an Exhaulted skin? Can we see some pictures of the new items and human skins?

KaininitePriestess
14th May 2015, 16:30
So basically I'm going to be stockpiling treasure chests until the trading system is implemented and I can give them to someone who wants to buy runestones. Greaaaat.

Love everything else in the update. This is just...

I'll be nice and just stop right there because I'm not pleased with that.

SquirrelInDaSky
14th May 2015, 16:36
So basically I'm going to be stockpiling treasure chests until the trading system is implemented and I can give them to someone who wants to buy runestones. Greaaaat.

Love everything else in the update. This is just...

I'll be nice and just stop right there because I'm not pleased with that.

No no no, Chests is something every Competitve E-sports game should have!

Gonna buy some keys with those runestones i got from ESL.

P.S. Is the any way for us to see how those unique weps look like? Or are you going to hide the pics from us so we have to spend money and find out ourselves?

KaininitePriestess
14th May 2015, 16:40
I don't mind chests or runestones, but giving out things to players and then forcing them to buy keys to open those things and see if they get something they may or may not even like, thereby potentially wasting their real-life monies, is not something I like at all.

If there were a way to earn runestones in the game, then I wouldn't have any problems. As it is, I'll just be stockpiling my chests and then you can have them when they implement trading. idk. Maybe I'll be able to trade them for some of the really pretty holiday things I wanted but couldn't get.

Saikocat
14th May 2015, 16:53
Do all the vampires have a Marked skin and only the Alchemist have an Exhaulted skin? Can we see some pictures of the new items and human skins?

The "Marked" Vampire skins are all in, but the Human ones are on the way. The Alchemist one is included now and there are more to follow within the coming weeks. We have some screenshots up here:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-s-new-chests-including-unique-unlocks-and-premium-skins

I don't mind chests or runestones, but giving out things to players and then forcing them to buy keys to open those things and see if they get something they may or may not even like, thereby potentially wasting their real-life monies, is not something I like at all.

It is in line with other free-to-play games, and as you can play Nosgoth for free and earn everything you need for free (classes, weapons, abilities), we think it's quite a fair system.

P.S. Is the any way for us to see how those unique weps look like? Or are you going to hide the pics from us so we have to spend money and find out ourselves?

There's a shot of one up them up on the blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-s-new-chests-including-unique-unlocks-and-premium-skins):

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/475/blog/unique-hunter-shadowbane.jpg

We'll get some more shots of the other weapons up too.

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 16:57

100% agreed. I'm pretty pissed they've chosen the CS GO route for the marked skins as I wanted to purchase several of them, but I refuse to participate in case gambling.

I'm also severely disappointed that the devs choose to waste our time with these things instead of fixing bugs that have been around for several patches.

Thamior2311
14th May 2015, 16:59
Well, well... These chests are outrageous! Really. Why do you even have to make those lower chests drop in-game and buy a key from the store to open it? Just man up and sell them for those 400 runestones. I know you got this idea from Guild Wars 2 with chests and keys. You know what these chests cost in GW2 AH? Almost nothing! People will just delete them. But GW2 is better in this way cause you actually can buy premium currency for in-game one. This will only infuriate the community further. You present it like an awaited novelty and instead its just another cash grab. Well, it would be kind of OK if your prices on runestones wouldn't be so fing high. Psyonix, come to your senses, you're killing this game.

BlitzingLlama
14th May 2015, 17:06
I don't know guys, they have to make money somehow don't they? You're not being forced to buy the keys. Personally I have yet to spend any money on the game yet, mainly because I have been experiencing a very frustrating bug (level reset after every match). Once that get's fixed I'll buy things.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 17:07
I'm also severely disappointed that the devs choose to waste our time with these things instead of fixing bugs that have been around for several patches.

This is my main problem right now. But it's what happens when your art team is too big and your programming team is too small.

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 17:09
I don't know guys, they have to make money somehow don't they? You're not being forced to buy the keys. Personally I have yet to spend any money on the game yet, mainly because I have been experiencing a very frustrating bug (level reset after every match). Once that get's fixed I'll buy things.

If the cases were restricted to weapons/abilities and the class skins were only purchasable in the store it would be acceptable, since items are the typical drop in this game and they've already set a precedent for selling class skins in store.

Completely randomizing the content from a 1000-rune purchase is just asinine.

Psyonix_Eric
14th May 2015, 17:09

Your displeasure with the existing bugs is well documented, but the art team (that makes skins, weapons, and FX) does not have anything to do with 95% of the bugs you've brought up so our production of content is not hindering any other bugs being fixed.

reybag
14th May 2015, 17:11
English is not my main language but i like nosgoth too much to not say what i think.The problem are not chests but those "unique weapons and skills with unique stats" ,because like they have different stats than normal weapon,it means they affect gameplay,not like a skin which is something visual only.In a free to play game when you add an element that affect gameplay and that can only be get by money,this always bring problems,like for example people calling the game a pay to win game because of this special weapons which may or not be overpower,and this may angry people and not want to play the game (it already take a lot of time to get enought players to play match,this will make it worse :( )

Louves
14th May 2015, 17:13
What have you done? I lost 100 FPS after this patch, I have 40 fps on avarage on all maps, I had 140 fps before. It's unplayable right now, even on potato graphics.

Also the crosshair is still off-centred...

Saikocat
14th May 2015, 17:14
English is not my main language but i like nosgoth too much to not say what i think.The problem are not chests but those "unique weapons and skills with unique stats" ,because like they have different stats than normal weapon,it means they affect gameplay,not like a skin which is something visual only.In a free to play game when you add an element that affect gameplay and that can only be get by money,this always bring problems,like for example people calling the game a pay to win game because of this special weapons which may or not be overpower,and this may angry people and not want to play the game (it already take a lot of time to get enought players to play match,this will make it worse :( )

Any weapons with stat modifiers have both buffs and debuffs, so they're not better, but rather different and maybe suit your playstyle more. For instance, a weapon may reload faster, but have worse spread (so it's not as accurate).

C_Romo
14th May 2015, 17:14
Well, well... These chests are outrageous! Really. Why do you even have to make those lower chests drop in-game and buy a key from the store to open it? Just man the f up and sell them for those 400 runestones. I know you got this idea from Guild Wars 2 with chests and keys. You know what these chests cost in GW2 AH? Almost nothing! People will just delete them. But GW2 is better in this way cause you actually can buy premium currency for in-game one. Psyonix, you fail and fail more and more. This will only infuriate the community further. You present it like an awaited novelty and instead its just another cash grab. Well, it would be kind of OK if your prices on runestones wouldn't be so fing high. Psyonix, come to your senses, you're killing this game.

I think it's more a SE thing than a Psyonix thing, but yeah, this is nonsense. Keys should be included as drops too.

Or maybe make the store discounts accumulative. I have two useless -30% bouchers that worth nothing now that runes are on sale.

Obisher
14th May 2015, 17:23
Here's some initial feedback after few short tests in private matches. First of all, I noticed that I'm getting up to 140fps in menu (used to be around 68). So that's an improvement. I still have to test it in real matches, but it seems like fps while in a match are even lower than before (playing on High Performance currently). Although I only tested it shortly on Valeholm and Sommerdam.

The map changes seem nice, looks like it could make engagements as vamps a little bit easier. But I'm not a competitive player, so what do I know? Next up, crosshair dot. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, so I got pleasantly surprised when I started my first private match and saw that the dot was directly in the center! Then I started another game to see the changes on the other map, and the dot was off center again :scratch: Sooo, how difficult is that to fix? I'm not hating, I'm seriously asking because it's really strange...

Now the chests... The State of Play blog said the skins won't be available as purchase through the store. Instead we have to buy chests in the store and pray to RNGesus to get the skin. So yeah... The thing that bothers me the most that there's only a chance for skin drops in the store chests. When I first saw the initial details about new chests, I was hoping there would be chance to get the skins in chests we got as random drops. In that case, I wouldn't mind buying few thousand runestones from time to time and getting keys for the chests. But this is kinda lame. Fortunately there are no exotic evolved skins so I feel absolutely no need for buying these chests.

And btw. I love the prestige Scout skin. Great job on that one! :)

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 17:31
Cool update, don't mind all the moans, there are tons of great games that do this for more business and there's no reason why Nosgoth shouldn't (it would be a different story if we all dropped 60 on the game from the get go....but...its free!), hope this drums up more business for the game...think iv spent maybe 40 to 50 on this game so far...Iv spent 60-70 on garbage so called "AAA" games before that I haven't played a quarter of the time Iv sunk into this game. Keep up the good work, new content is great looking!

Also I seem to be landing 30% discounts on runes at least once a week....my wallet cant say no to a bargain and it very tired, thank you ;)

NomzNomz
14th May 2015, 17:40
What does the Sentinel exotic skin look like? AAAHH!

KDmP_Raze
14th May 2015, 17:42
Some people are complaining about the key purchase being required to open the chests. Which, in turn, is basically gambling and that does suck. But, games like Dota 2 and CSGO do this and it is pretty much accepted by the community. I don't like gambling but F2P games do need a money generator so I don't mind this.

I was really hoping one of the devs could answer a question for me. Is there any plans to give Tyrants Jump ability an indoors function? I made a rather long post about it here : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=154585&p=2118422#post2118422

I hope jump doesn't get revamped and made easier to land. It really is perfect like it is. But, it needs some buffs to make it better. As of right now it is to easy to CC. I think landing should create a dust cloud similar to reavers smoke and if used indoors should cause debris to fall from the ceiling, damage the tyrant slightly and cause a slowing effect, dust cloud, and slightly less damage to the humans.

I also hope to see a better spectating system similar to CSGO or DOTA. I want to be able to watch friends play from their perspective only ( so no ghosting). Would be great to have casters for tournament viewing in game. I really wanna watch the tourneys like I do on CSGO.

Anyways, I can't wait for the ranked play! keep up the awesome updates!

PS: pls remove the invisible ceiling on the map with the large foundry in the middle, and there are some odd invisible walls by the burning areas on the edges of the map. I can't remember the name of the map :(

uNborn-
14th May 2015, 17:48
Well, here's my Monthly "Horrible performance" forum post. following a patch.

I'm getting more fps in the menu. Cool. I'm getting less than 60 fps on all maps now the game stutters and feels awful. Won't be playing it until its fixed. I've noticed a massive drop off in players the last little while and I'm sure this wont help things.

Really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 17:48
Only problem I have is looks like the Tyrant got screwed over in terms of exotic skins, they all have alternate exotic skins but the Tyrants is just the default made exotic :( .....why hate Tyrant so!!

Also does the drop rate booster help get chests?????

Screwby-Dew
14th May 2015, 17:49
I'm glad you fixed some spots where Tyrants couldn't climb before, really pleased to see that you read my thread about it ! <3

I have nothing against that chest system, it's like Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO, it totally makes sense to me. So it would be nice that you guys stop complaining for that kind of stuff everytime, for a free to play game we already got a lot things for free (evolved/prestige skins + daily reward).

It's nice to see changes made to Sommerdam and Valeholm ! I don't know how it worked out because I didn't get a chance to play those new versions yet (except walking around in private games).

RANT :
This is where I'm going to complain, and I have to insist that it is a HUGE issue, after every patch the game gets worse because of it lacks of optimization. Now that potato config doesn't work (for me) it's barely playable, this is what I would really like from Nosgoth now, optimization.

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 17:51
Now that I've tested this patch my framerate has dropped significantly yet again.

Between bugs and performance issues this game is in a place where I can't even be bothered to play.

... the art team (that makes skins, weapons, and FX) does not have anything to do with 95% of the bugs you've brought up so our production of content is not hindering any other bugs being fixed.

I'm aware of that, but regardless someone's still taking their sweet time with the bug fixes. Waiting more than three patches to fix an off-center crosshair is a joke.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 17:54
I know that this isn't entirely true and that there was also map balancing in this patch - which I'm extremely grateful for. But this was just too good to not make.

http://i.imgur.com/p6Dkdq0.png

Psyonix_Corey
14th May 2015, 17:58
Could those of you reporting FPS drops from today's patch specifically try changing your overall Details preset to something other than "High Performance" and then back to "High Performance" and see if that has any effect for you?

uNborn-
14th May 2015, 18:03
Corey,

No change :/.

Psyonix_Corey
14th May 2015, 18:05
Corey,

No change :/.

Thank you. I would also recommend if you're trying to use INI configs to make sure your Details preset is set to "Custom" for now.

MasterShuriko
14th May 2015, 18:12
Could those of you reporting FPS drops from today's patch specifically try changing your overall Details preset to something other than "High Performance" and then back to "High Performance" and see if that has any effect for you?

Hi!

I have switched and tried changing from High performance to High Quality and back I get no difference.
I for one have never tweaked or changed INI files at all and its still wonky for me.

My specs.
Gtx980
I7-4770K processor 3.5GHz
32gig ram,
win 7 Professional 64-bit
Asus Z87-A motherboard.
1050W powersupply

Passarbye
14th May 2015, 18:12
I know that this isn't entirely true and that there was also map balancing in this patch - which I'm extremely grateful for. But this was just too good to not make.

IMG

totally agree, this patch is very disappointing. map changes were to be expected after talking about them for a couple months or more, but everything else is just a total let down for 1.2 gigs of a patch. The game is really getting worse every patch Psyonix and if you can't see this then you've lost the heart for it.

Psyonix_Corey
14th May 2015, 18:13
Hi!

I have switched and tried changing from High performance to High Quality and back I get no difference.
I for one have never tweaked or changed INI files at all and its still wonky for me.

My specs.
Gtx980
I7-4770K processor 3.5GHz
32gig ram,
win 7 Professional 64-bit
Asus Z87-A motherboard.
1050W powersupply

Can you elaborate on wonky please.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 18:17
Thank you. I would also recommend if you're trying to use INI configs to make sure your Details preset is set to "Custom" for now.
I'm using a custom config with custom selected. Repost from my Reddit post,

Ok. Yeah, I've taken a huge hit, where 2 patches ago I was holding 200 fps on Crucible I'm now getting 130. Same spots used for testing. Down to 90 on Freeport which is starting to get scary low. I can only imagine some other maps are really low too, Crucible seems to be the most optimized to be honest, I think I held the highest FPS on that before.

That's a BIG ******* drop. I don't know how much of it was this patch and how much was last but I think this one was much, much meaner.

Louves
14th May 2015, 18:17
@ Psyonix_Corey I noticed that the background in the main menu is still blurry even though I disabled bloom. Also Item and Skin previews are high res, ingame they are low res. Don't know if this is relavant, but it changed with todays patch.

MasterShuriko
14th May 2015, 18:18
Can you elaborate on wonky please.

Ah sorry for my bad pick of words there Corey, with wonky I meant that I thought it was wierd that I would get a bad fps even though I havent changed any INI files. I read the post you wrote to uNborn and thought it was because of tweaked INI files that the fps drops happened.

FireWorks_
14th May 2015, 18:25
Your displeasure with the existing bugs is well documented, but the art team (that makes skins, weapons, and FX) does not have anything to do with 95% of the bugs you've brought up so our production of content is not hindering any other bugs being fixed.

Did you get to hear from OMFG that SOE pulled off on Planetside2 when they decided to finally address optimisation issues after spamming enough content?
They did these nice video series (hint to community management!) where you can also see the Artists involved in hunting for better frame rates. A lot of optimisation is well within the area of artists that know their tools.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBt3eoUxEx97epVQEsOlp4iGAC8ej--ms

Oh, OMFG stands for Operation: Make Faster Game.

Soiuxsie
14th May 2015, 18:27
Tried a lot of optimization INI files in game but it looks like the game just forces some effects on you although you turn them off like Bloom and Reflection, and it gets ridiculous before the patch I had about 130fps now I get from 20-70 and its not stable

Psyonix_Eric
14th May 2015, 18:28
@ Psyonix_Corey I noticed that the background in the main menu is still blurry even though I disabled bloom. Also Item and Skin previews are high res, ingame they are low res. Don't know if this is relavant, but it changed with todays patch.
The main menu is now a video as opposed to the live scene that it was before. This was done to address user complaints of poor performance in the menus.

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 18:30
Since my FPS won't allow me to play I ran around in Valeholm and Sommerdamm and the map changes are also pretty bad (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155666&p=2125449).

Valeholm has random meshes added in unnecessary places and common human spots not just re-balanced but completely nerfed into oblivion. Sommerdamm breaks LOS to statue but does it in a way that hurts Sentinel flight and Tyrant charges as well, removes vampire cover at the water-wheel, and even doesn't nerf the Scout ledge!

Was there any rationale for these changes, or are you just trying things to see what will work?

DesolatedMaggot
14th May 2015, 18:36
Can't break 40fps alone in a private server, face buried in a corner. Vsync and frame-rate smoothing are both off.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 18:38
and even doesn't nerf the Scout ledge!

If by that you mean the OP stairs then holy **** you're right, it's even safer now because there's no way to hide on the waterwheel ledge - not that you really could before, but it's even worse now. Also, funny thing, had to load into the map twice because the first time the server refused to spawn me :D

PencileyePirate
14th May 2015, 18:51
If by that you mean the OP stairs then holy **** you're right, it's even safer now because there's no way to hide on the waterwheel ledge - not that you really could before, but it's even worse now. Also, funny thing, had to load into the map twice because the first time the server refused to spawn me :D

The stairs were OK, it's the drop-down ledge right next to the stairs (attached to wall) that I'm talking about.

The stairs only become a problem in combination with this spot because it covers stairs and vampires can't attack it without dropping in from behind. If the ledge wasn't there and Scouts were forced to stand on the catwalk/wall itself then this wouldn't be an issue.

KaininitePriestess
14th May 2015, 19:08
I know there are other free games that use systems like that, but this is honestly the only game like this I play, so I can't base my judgment off of any of those. And I honestly want to pay money for the game, I have in the past and plan to in the future because there are a TON of banners and things that I want to buy. I just don't know when I'll be able to afford to do so in the future, so I know that any of those chests that I get will just go to rot in my inventory. :/

It's honestly part of an entirely different conversation that has less to do about this game and more about the way gaming is done in general these days, so I'm not really faulting Psyonix for it at all and I won't really get into it here. I just avoid freemium games like the plague and anytime something starts to look like it's doing something similar, I cringe.

If I had my way, Nosgoth would be a fully-funded game that we paid for from the outset and we didn't have to worry that you guys weren't getting paid for this and had to cancel the game and you guys wouldn't have to worry about paying your bills on time. I have a ton more faith in Psyonix then I do certain companies that shall remain nameless and think it could be funded if certain things were different, but...yeah. Those are things that are out of our hands.

I'll...go ahead and just unsub this thread 'cause I think I'm completely going off topic and kicking a dead horse and just making myself more frustrated with the entire thing.

zzott93
14th May 2015, 19:16

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz
GPU: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 (Gigabyte)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55-M PRO

No changes.

Running at a stable 45 at the lowest possible settings when alone on a single private server. Game dropping down to 25-35 when other players are around as well as when particle effects are spawned from abilities and weapons.

Truckposeidon
14th May 2015, 19:33
Could a dev or mod confirm if the mysterious booster/ all booster increases the drop rate of chests?

PinkPursuit
14th May 2015, 20:19
So for science I opened 6 of the new human chests. 2x Mysterious, 3x Exotic (molten and devil's night) and only 1 of the new unique weapons. Not very satisfied.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 20:21
So for science I opened 6 of the new human chests. 2x Mysterious, 3x Exotic (molten and devil's night) and only 1 of the new unique weapons. Not very satisfied.

That's the whole point.

AntiqueGod
14th May 2015, 20:36
Great patch, finally we are gettin chests and keys like other popular games CS:GO, TF2 and Dota
This is good start, only one bad thing about this patch is performance issues.
Also i hope you are going to post other skins from chests... i would like to know how does they look...

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 20:40
Great patch, finally we are gettin chests and keys like other popular games CS:GO, TF2 and Dota
This is good start, only one bad thing about this patch is performance issues.
Also i hope you are going to post other skins from chests... i would like to know how does they look...
Can't tell if satire...

j4m41k4n0
14th May 2015, 20:41
Has the fps dropped since the last patch on april 30th (other players are experiencing the same problem).
Devs did nothing, didnt respond, they only want money, they dont care about the amount of people playing (average 1k per day). its really sad, this game is going down hill.

Linnywtf
14th May 2015, 21:19
I just checked my video this patch because my performance does seem bad in this game (honestly it has since i played it but i manage to get by) and I am shocked at my fps, 35 with everything at lowest, what the hell? My pc is good! I played in ESL practice with this FPS apparently, lol. Anyway, v-synch is off so any suggestions as to why ?

Stats:
PROCESSOR: Intel i5-3570k 4.7GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

On another subject about the chests... I don't mind chests but why not just make everything buyable with runes ? What's the point in random chance, just to make us try to spend more ?
Even then i wouldn't mind except you can get useless mysterious/exotic crap that you get for free anyway! I bought 2 vamp chests and got another mysterious mind control and magma leap (which we could buy before so why give it to us like this)
Make it like in Smite where if you have 1 of the objects you can't get them anymore.. please !

ApollosBow
14th May 2015, 21:28
Has the fps dropped since the last patch on april 30th (other players are experiencing the same problem).
Devs did nothing, didnt respond, they only want money, they dont care about the amount of people playing (average 1k per day). its really sad, this game is going down hill.

Ye your right, lets all stop playing...........................................

j4m41k4n0
14th May 2015, 22:04
I cant play with 25 fps, so I did.

PollyEsther
14th May 2015, 22:26
This sounds stellar, now i can get 0 fps in game if i accidentally alt tab.

Ysanoire
15th May 2015, 01:43
About "various collision bug fixes"

I don't know if that's related, but today in a match on Provance I found myself stuck in a place this hasn't happened before, in the "gates" area:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442843287

I wasn't executing or dragging a body, I just walked into that wall and got stuck (in the game, unlike this noscam shot, I was in this "forever falling" animation).

In the same game, I also got stuck here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442843235

but it's close to the edge of the map and I was executing, so this could be an old problem.

Ygdrasel
15th May 2015, 02:16
Can't tell if satire...

I hope satire. Otherwise, it's sadly telling that they chose to say "popular" games as opposed to "good" games...

Gugulug5000
15th May 2015, 03:54
Seems they forgot to mention that the Deceiver and Prophet banners were added to the store (unless they were added previously and I just didn't notice). The Scout skin looks good in game and I'm interested to see how the changes to the maps will play out.

Not excited about the chests though. I totally get that it's a free to play tactic to gain money, and I get that Psyonix needs people to buy things in order for the game to continue, but from what I've seen so far, the pricing/odds are really wrong right now. One of the other threads that was just barely started is already showing the odds of getting a skin are about 1/8 (really rough estimate right now). That means that you have to pay 8000 runestones for just a chance at getting the skin you want. When the chests were first announced it was said that the skins were not purchasable in the store, but that you could find the chests in game. Now, correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but now it appears that the only way to get a chest with a skin in it is through the store. It just seems wrong that you can pay 1000 runes and end up with a mysterious item.

So, understanding that Square Enix still needs to make money, here are thoughts on the matter:
1) Cut mysterious items and boosters from the possible chest rewards. The special, event-only items are more than enough for this. Sure people may get what they want sooner and therefore buy less chests, but having better chances of getting what you want would likely encourage people who don't want to waste money to buy them (such as myself).

2) Add at least a small chance of getting a skin to the chests that are dropped at the end of the match. It seems stupid to waste 400 runes on a key to not even be able to get a skin from the lower tier chests.

3) Consider a 'skin only' chest option. Make it cost more if you have to, but make it so if a person is only interested in the skins, they don't get screwed by getting a weapon that they will be able to forge later (other than the physical appearance).

4) Come up with better skins for the vampires. I'm not saying I don't like the skins (they look amazing), but they're essentially just color swapped skins. If you're going to charge people an arm and a leg for them, make them unique (like the alchemist skin, which looks pretty dang cool, props to the art team for that). Then find some other mechanic for the green, glowy skins to be unlocked.

5) Add keys (and possibly even chests) to the daily rewards system, that way people who don't spend runestones can at least occasionally get rid of a chest they have in their inventory. Make a key a day 7 reward if you have to (anything to break up the constant barrage of gold). While you're at it, you could add some small increment of runestones to the daily rewards to help make the 1000 runestone purchase not feel as hard (discount coupons expire too quickly in my opinion).

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, though I doubt they'll really be taken into account (it's more likely they'll be ignored, like all of the requests for buying molten items with gold). I get that Square needs to make money off of the game, but they really seem to be overreaching with a lot of the things they do.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that changing the background on the main menu worked wonders for me. It runs so much better now. Whatever you did, do more stuff like that.

Sirfy1
15th May 2015, 05:03
Map changes were quite nice and the scout skin is very awesome!

I honestly don't mind the idea of the chests or the fact that its complete chance and the items from it can only be from those chests...being a TF2 player, this is pretty norm for me. (And TF2 does quite well with it, people buy keys like mad.)
However, what does bother me, is that we don't know wth these items are or what the skins look like. I'm not gonna toss my money at something without knowing the possibilities of what I'm gonna get. For all I know, I'm not actually interested in any of them and would be a colossal waste of money. It would be wise to show what ALL of these items look like [and their stats, if any] and not just 1 or 2 and say "I don't want to ruin the surprise!" That's not ruining a surprise, that's withholding content information prior to real-money-transactions.
Any game I've seen where they have chests/crates in a game, they show it's contents. Even if they don't show them on their blogs/websites, they put them in their official wiki pages so players know wth they are.

Twenty3assassins
15th May 2015, 07:41
Seems they forgot to mention that the Deceiver and Prophet banners were added to the store (unless they were added previously and I just didn't notice). The Scout skin looks good in game and I'm interested to see how the changes to the maps will play out.

Not excited about the chests though. I totally get that it's a free to play tactic to gain money, and I get that Psyonix needs people to buy things in order for the game to continue, but from what I've seen so far, the pricing/odds are really wrong right now. One of the other threads that was just barely started is already showing the odds of getting a skin are about 1/8 (really rough estimate right now). That means that you have to pay 8000 rune stones for just a chance at getting the skin you want. When the chests were first announced it was said that the skins were not purchasable in the store, but that you could find the chests in game. Now, correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but now it appears that the only way to get a chest with a skin in it is through the store. It just seems wrong that you can pay 1000 runes and end up with a mysterious item.

Ya I bought 4 chests and lucky I got the summoner skin and 2 weapons for humans. The bad thing was that my 4th box was a mystery compound bow and I got 2 of those already, so I basically payed $5 for another one which kinda pisses me off.

Scratch kinda, it really pisses me off! I want you guys to add trading before forge so I can trade all these mystery weapons I don't for ones that I do. That would be way better then forge first unless any mystery weapon fx can be taken off and put on other guns,without lvling the mystery weapon(I already lvled up 5 I don't want to again) I want to put a fx on my new chest weapons which are cool but not worth $5 in my opinion, chest should be around 600 runes if it still has all the extra stuff thats worthless in them if only skins and new weapons/skills then sure 1000 is fine since normal skins are around 1600 but since the chest is random you may not get the one you like and you may get a weapon. Just lay off on all this money stuff for now and just fix the problems at hand. I put so much money into this game already and I don't want to see if lose its player base and then close because then the $80+ money ive invested would be gone.

Sasha_Vykos
15th May 2015, 08:00
my fps went down drastically. I did try the adjustment that Corey suggested without results. I also experienced lag while my ping was really stable.

For the chests.. I don't like the idea too.. but i understand that in a free to play game, devs need to mnake money in some ways.

Louves
15th May 2015, 17:46
Why was there no announcement about Steam trading cards? They are suddenly here and I could not find any informations :scratch:

MasterShuriko
15th May 2015, 18:15
Why was there no announcement about Steam trading cards? They are suddenly here and I could not find any informations :scratch:

So I just read this here and not in patchnotes! *Roars!*

DesolatedMaggot
15th May 2015, 18:43

0 cards in inventory, "no drops remaining". They're probably not fully implemented yet?

(I have spent money on nosgoth, so that shouldn't be the issue -- assumin' that past purchases count.)

Louves
15th May 2015, 18:45
Some of my friends already have card drops. And they seem to drop while you are playing unlike any other f2p game.

AntiqueGod
15th May 2015, 22:26
Guys stop crying about chests and keys. Its not a bad thing and its not a p2w.
Its good model for Nosgoth and its going to work fine. In future they will make better chests and gain more experience.
I hope they will remove mysterious items from them.
Otherwise just watch other games had chests and keys like CS:GO, TF2, Dota 2
CS:GO became more popular, because of boxes and skins. Welcome to 2015.

Ghosthree3
15th May 2015, 22:32
It is bad that they think putting in a cash roulette system when the game is as unfinished as it is is ok though.

I'd have no problem with it if the game performed consistently and properly.

Equanimityjohn
15th May 2015, 23:59
It is bad that they think putting in a cash roulette system when the game is as unfinished as it is is ok though.

I'd have no problem with it if the game performed consistently and properly.

That's where they put their minds and resources, and I don't blame them, I definitely forgive them for it and agree with you that it is acceptable. They just need to turn their focus to the things they've been ignoring, like optimization, balance, and new abilities, etc. All these new features are meaningless if the base game is in absolute ruins like it is now.

Ygdrasel
16th May 2015, 00:06
CS:GO became more popular, because of boxes and skins. Welcome to 2015.

It's not a pay-to-win. True. But it is a pay-for-random-chance-and-potentially-waste-your-money which is garbage. Once again, it's a video game and not a slot machine. As long as they insist on it operating like a slot machine, it will not get better.

It's a crappy model and always has been, no matter the game. CS:GO, TF2, and DotA 2 all had the same crappy model and their popularity does not change that. Welcome to reality where "IT'S POPULAR SO IT MUST BE GOOD!" is a BS fallacy. Plus it being 2015 is no reason why awful money-leeching practices should be allowed. Yes, it's 2015 and gaming industry practices are really greedy and miserable in general but being status quo doesn't make it acceptable.

And as others have noted, their priorities are generally terrible as well.

ModernD
16th May 2015, 03:08
Just wondering if anyone else with fps issues had turned off their shadows. I have sitting around 45 fps and in game turned them off it immediately shot up to 110 after that without any other changes. Was even able to turn them back on and keep the frame rate.

Equanimityjohn
16th May 2015, 08:47
Just wondering if anyone else with fps issues had turned off their shadows. I have sitting around 45 fps and in game turned them off it immediately shot up to 110 after that without any other changes. Was even able to turn them back on and keep the frame rate.
Whattt, that's very strange. What hardware do you have?

RainaAudron
16th May 2015, 12:39
Anybody else having issues with card drops? It´s saying I have 0 remaning yet I did not get any in the first place... what?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/RainaAudron/gamecards/200110/

DesolatedMaggot
16th May 2015, 13:53
Anybody else having issues with card drops? It´s saying I have 0 remaning yet I did not get any in the first place... what?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/RainaAudron/gamecards/200110/

I'm having the same issue, Raina. I know of at least one friend who is as well.

PS your profile is private. :P

Louves
16th May 2015, 14:26
Got 5 card drops today. Still no informations from SE. Steam says I have to pay money to get card drops, but they drop by playing :scratch:

Seems like it's not working as intented.

Obisher
16th May 2015, 14:48
Got 5 card drops today. Still no informations from SE. Steam says I have to pay money to get card drops, but they drop by playing :scratch:

If I understood correctly, you get 5 card drops just for playing. And each time you spend approx. $9 you get another card drop.

ModernD
16th May 2015, 14:52
i7-4930k
gtx 780
16 gig ram

Turns out it was a fluke somehow anyway. As soon as I had to go back to a lobby and rejoined a game it reverted back to minimal fps. Seems really odd though because it was a very apparent change when it was working.

DesolatedMaggot
16th May 2015, 15:55

Left the game running over night to test to see if it would give me drops despite saying "No card drops remaining", got nothing. :(

GenFeelGood
16th May 2015, 16:00
Cards, what are these cards? I've been on twice since this was patched and seen no such thing; and I have spent plenty on this game.

DesolatedMaggot
16th May 2015, 16:07
Cards, what are these cards? I've been on twice since this was patched and seen no such thing; and I have spent plenty on this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards

Ygdrasel
16th May 2015, 16:21
Cards A.K.A "Why not sell these useless things for a nickel each and buy some DLC on sale later?"

I'm sure Nosgoth's will look neat though.

KaininitePriestess
16th May 2015, 20:21
Wait, Nosgoth has Steam Cards??? I don't think I've ever gotten any, but I've paid money and played over 400 hours. 8|

-Shiro-
16th May 2015, 23:18
Well, well... These chests are outrageous! Really. Why do you even have to make those lower chests drop in-game and buy a key from the store to open it? Just man up and sell them for those 400 runestones. I know you got this idea from Guild Wars 2 with chests and keys. You know what these chests cost in GW2 AH? Almost nothing! People will just delete them. But GW2 is better in this way cause you actually can buy premium currency for in-game one. This will only infuriate the community further. You present it like an awaited novelty and instead its just another cash grab. Well, it would be kind of OK if your prices on runestones wouldn't be so fing high. Psyonix, come to your senses, you're killing this game.

This. Exactly what I'm thinking.

I spent 500hrs since closed beta and supported the game through Veteran and Warstuff packs. It has already been said a lot of times that runestones, pricing in general are too high, and that there should be a possible conversion of in-game currency to runestones.

Devs, at first, replied many times with something like "we do not decide of the prices, this is Square Enix (...)", some months ago. But then, it all begun with skins promotions instead of map presentations, purchasable exotics and end up now with purchasable chests and keys.

"This is in line with other free-to-play". Yes, indeed. But are the community or development of this game "in line" with said ftp ?

And what is really disturbing me the most is that I see a lot of people who have been previously complaining about this mentality actually buying chests and keys, sometimes for 30-DAMN-EUROS. Congratulations.

Barely no bugs fixing, lot of purchasable content, milking strategies, etc...
This game will be a total success, for sure.

PollyEsther
17th May 2015, 23:54
Yes, steam cards are a thing, i got 5 of them for just playing, 3 were reaver ofcourse.
http://i.imgur.com/x04rsSJ.png

Saikocat
18th May 2015, 10:57
Hey all,

A few updates:

Performance issues
Thanks for all the feedback and detail you all provided on this. The team have been working on this and identified an issue and it's going to be resolved in a patch. It won't hit today, but we'll keep you all posted in this announcement thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155816) once we have confirmation on when the update will go out. Bear with us! We know it's frustrating and we're working to clear it up as soon as we can:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155816

Trading Cards
Trading Cards aren't part of the game or a patch, but were pushed live by Valve at the weekend (they're independent of the game and update builds). There's a blog up here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/steam-trading-cards-have-arrived)with some detail on them, but let me know if you have any questions!
With all F2P games on Steam, card unlocks are based on money spent, but it would take into account if you made purchases for the game through Steam before, so you may have gotten cards already based on that.

Grisamentum
18th May 2015, 11:18
Not sure if this should be in the feedback section or here, but I've had loads of problems with climbing over objects since the last update. It never happened before but now when I try to climb/jump over one of those boxes with plants in you get in The Crucible or Valeholm my character just jumps about a foot high on the spot & won't get past it. It happened on the roof of one of the smaller buildings in The Crucible aswell.
It was a small ridge running along the top of the building & I couldn't get over it.
It happens almost every match now. It's totally annoying & I got whacked more than once because of it :/

Harmaatukka
18th May 2015, 11:27
Grisamentum, it's a low fps/network issue, wait for the patch and see how it goes after that.

lucinvampire
18th May 2015, 12:11
and another round of worse FPS :( sad times

Fire Wall's visual FX have been optimized

Really dislike it, it's too cartoony like it should be in a Disney movie, it looked much more better/realistic before.

Ghosthree3
18th May 2015, 17:50
Really dislike it, it's too cartoony like it should be in a Disney movie, it looked much more better/realistic before.

It's been optimized the same way Witcher 3 was amirite?