PDA

View Full Version : Game ending when an entire team leaves

Ghosthree3
13th May 2015, 15:34
When? Four times today the entire enemy team has left in the first round leaving us to twiddle our thumbs for 10+ minutes, this is seriously a joke.

Cody_The_Wiser
13th May 2015, 16:21
this is seriously a joke.

Is it?

Ysanoire
14th May 2015, 02:07
Or at least remove the leaver penalty in those cases. Forcing people to play a game without opponents is pretty dum.

But yes, games should have more ending criteria.

Blackdeathteal
14th May 2015, 03:13
When? Four times today the entire enemy team has left in the first round leaving us to twiddle our thumbs for 10+ minutes, this is seriously a joke.
You always preset it gets old, the matchmaking on Oceanic servers is already broken and team stacking like that just furthers it .

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 08:32
I queue with one friend, one, a friend I've been playing games with for 7 years. I'm not allowed to do that?

Cody_The_Wiser
14th May 2015, 16:07
I queue with one friend, one, a friend I've been playing games with for 7 years. I'm not allowed to do that?

If you're in a premade with new people you should expect leavers. I don't expect people to sit through a stomping. A surrender featrue and a end match when entire enemy team leaves would be best.

Ghosthree3
14th May 2015, 16:26
I do expect that there may be leavers. While annoying it's not the leavers I'm complaining about. It's the fact that you have to sit there for 10 minutes even though no one on the enemy team exists. I'm just asking for it to end when and if it reaches that point. I can't see why it wouldn't.

Cody_The_Wiser
14th May 2015, 16:37
I do expect that there may be leavers. While annoying it's not the leavers I'm complaining about. It's the fact that you have to sit there for 10 minutes even though no one on the enemy team exists. I'm just asking for it to end when and if it reaches that point. I can't see why it wouldn't.

As I said, they could just implement a surrender feature and expand upon what will warrant a match ending. This would prevent these situations from happening. On the other hand, I have made posts about the other team completely leaving beginning some sort of PvE swarm event. Doubt they'd do that though.

TheZelaron
19th May 2015, 14:12
The game should end if one team has no players for 30 seconds. If someone happens to join during that time, fine, play on. If not, the game should be over.

MasterShuriko
19th May 2015, 14:15
The game should end if one team has no players for 30 seconds. If someone happens to join during that time, fine, play on. If not, the game should be over.

Oh yea example: 4 players leave "30 sec countdown starts" 1 new players joins in "30 sec countdown stops" 1v4 match is sooo much better..
IN that case the match should be abruptly stopped because of uneven teams.

Vampmaster
19th May 2015, 14:21
How about this:
Every time the score gap gets greater than 5 kills, a second timer starts and if the gap doesn't drop below 5 before the secondary timer is up, the round ends. Doesn't have to be 5, they can try different numbers. (EDIT: Maybe I skim read too fast. Was that already suggested?)

Either that or power plays like in Uncharted 3, where the losing team gets an opportunity to catch up.
http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Plays

TheZelaron
19th May 2015, 14:22
Oh yea example: 4 players leave "30 sec countdown starts" 1 new players joins in "30 sec countdown stops" 1v4 match is sooo much better..
IN that case the match should be abruptly stopped because of uneven teams.So 1 player joining is the maximum and it's impossible to see 2,3 or even 4 people join? If it stays 4v1 the new guy is most likely going to leave anyway (without penalty), and the timer restarts -it's unlikely that this would cause a loop, dont even bring it up. If he doesnt leave there might be more people who join. Sure, that sucks, but you cant end every match when it's uneven for a few seconds (or even a minute). You can do that when a server is empty, but not when there's technically a match going on. "Oh, its 4v3, better kill this match RIGHT NOW!!1!!"

Ghosthree3
19th May 2015, 20:32
How about this:
Every time the score gap gets greater than 5 kills, a second timer starts and if the gap doesn't drop below 5 before the secondary timer is up, the round ends. Doesn't have to be 5, they can try different numbers.
wat