PDA

View Full Version : Flamethrower suggestions

BeerAndFries
11th May 2015, 09:05
So I've been running around with the flamethrower a bit. It bugs me how difficult it is to activate it - if you are under attack or in between getting knocked out / firing / using other abilities, you often have to click the corresponding button at least 2 times before it finally fires. Even then, it takes pretty long for it to start burning and it's flame to reach maximum range. Considering it's a close quarter weapon, this makes it pretty irritating to use. Add to it the fact that many vampire abilities can interrupt it easily (Tyrant's slam, Sentinels wing blow etc.) and you have a very situational weapon that doesn't do that much damage in the first place. To be honest, it rarely scares away the attacking vampires, which can easily soak it's damage up and kill you, especially if there's 2 of them.

What I'd think would be a good idea, is to make it activate almost instantly and make it do more damage, while also lasting shorter. That way you'd have a short attack dealing lots of damage, which would really send vampires running away from you.

The activation time cut is the only thing I really think it *needs*, the other suggestion is just food for though.

Corpsa
11th May 2015, 11:06
In my opinion Flamethrower is pretty situation dependent for example pick FT (Flamethrower) into a enemy team with 2 or more Tyrants makes no sence. In other teams FT can work great anyway, its a high risk high reward skill.
The activate on it feels for the first part a bit weird but when you use FT alot you get pretty fast used to it.

Like Alchemist Cannons itself you have to plan a little bit ahead of the Time, same with FT. You think the Dmg is not enough, i think the dmg is pretty high also AOE which make FT a pretty scary skill. Also the Flame Effect is pretty huge you can Dance around the Vamps real good and they have a hard Time keeep track of you while you barbecue them. Do not stand still and take hits for free, here a great Video from ESL-Player Silent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NGW07OKRI

Anyway like i said also you mentioned it, its a situational skill so always check:

- Your Team, is there enough support for example is it worth pick FT in your Team to sacrifice the other options
- How is the Enemy Setup
- How are the last Fights going are they split all over the Place or focused in a small Area
- Short Engage fights or long lasting fights
- Many creeps (summoner) or illusions (deceiver)
- Enemy ignores you - switch Target or keeps going ham on you

So i think FT is pretty fine now, i assume- faster activate more Dmg shorter duration would turn this Weapon into a Beast and we would see Alchemist barbecue alot maybe more then we like :)

GenFeelGood
11th May 2015, 20:22
I'd prefer if it momentarily functioned like an actual weapon, replacing the explosives for a time or with a seperate ammo clip and being fired with LMB. Once time runs out or the clip is used up it turns back to the explosives.

BeerAndFries
12th May 2015, 11:58
Yeah the damage can stay as it is now, but the activation is pretty frustrating. I did get used to it, but I don't think it's OK if you need to press the activation button 2 or even 3 times for it to work.

EDIT also, I don't think you can stop it yourself - you need to use it up before it ceases the attack. I'd like to be able to portion it, like for example Tyrant's Charge or Summoner's Shield.

Corpsa
12th May 2015, 13:27
Yeah the damage can stay as it is now, but the activation is pretty frustrating. I did get used to it, but I don't think it's OK if you need to press the activation button 2 or even 3 times for it to work.

EDIT also, I don't think you can stop it yourself - you need to use it up before it ceases the attack. I'd like to be able to portion it, like for example Tyrant's Charge or Summoner's Shield.

Hi
Dont know this problem with pressing it more then once to activate Flamethrower, i only could imagine this happens while you are under melee attacks from a Vampire. Try your Flamethrower in a Practice(private) Game and you will see it always works with first klick.

One good message for you, we can stop it :) and it works like Tyrant Charge for example, when you use only the half duration of the Flamethrower it only counts the half Cooldown afterwards. Half duration used = 10 seconds Cooldown instead 20 , use 1/4 and you have only 5 seconds CD.
Open a Practice/Private Game and try it out, the way to Cancel Flamethrower is a simple Dodge roll. Would be cool if we could cancel it with press F again but in this stage we have to be acrobatic to cancel it, anyway have fun rolling so they keep hatin :D