PDA

View Full Version : Release of episode 3

Roofje
8th May 2015, 06:32
I got this from the steam discussion.

Looks like release date is confirmed
"Oskar Guilbert, Criterion/EA/Ubisoft veteran and founder/CEO of DONTNOD Entertainment" will have a main speech at Nordic Game on 20-22th of May in Malmö, Sweden.

"Guilbert will take the stage in the Unreal Theatre with a talk entitled “From AAA Boxed Games to Digital and Episodic”, delving into DONTNOD’s transformation from a traditional AAA boxed games developer (Remember Me) to a studio firmly focused on episodic and digitally delivered titles (Life Is Strange)."

"As a bonus, Guilbert will also reveal details about the highly anticipated Episode 3: Chaos Theory of Life Is Strange, WHICH WILL VERY LIKELY BE RELEASED DURING THE CONFERENCE"

This post on Nordic Game is quiet old dunno why nobody leaked it.
http://nordicgame.com/ng15-keynote-by-life-is-strange-ceo-unveiled/

Nox_Dogma
8th May 2015, 11:43
Maybe
but he's only a "speaker", nothing important, i think that is for selling their tickets
release 12th May sounds better for me and is in the deadline ( 6 weeks)
they don't made an update for EP3 if its release date is nearly 3 weeks in the future

nope, i dont believe 22th for release

again: 12th May ^^

or do you think that the customers (we) have to wait 3 weeks only for a "ok, EP3 is now available" ?
and the dontnodmembers are working on Ep4 and let Ep3 rest in peace for 3 weeks?
3 weeks without selling their Episode?

nope, thats not effectiv and makes no sense

AnimeSuperFan
10th May 2015, 21:31
Maybe
but he's only a "speaker", nothing important, i think that is for selling their tickets
release 12th May sounds better for me and is in the deadline ( 6 weeks)
they don't made an update for EP3 if its release date is nearly 3 weeks in the future

nope, i dont believe 22th for release

again: 12th May ^^

or do you think that the customers (we) have to wait 3 weeks only for a "ok, EP3 is now available" ?
and the dontnodmembers are working on Ep4 and let Ep3 rest in peace for 3 weeks?
3 weeks without selling their Episode?

nope, thats not effectiv and makes no sense

I really hope it's released May 12th. I have the money for it, and everything!

TheEmissary
12th May 2015, 06:21
Episode 2 was released 7.5 weeks after Episode 1, so I wouldn't expect future episodes after 6 weeks and there is no launch trailer yet, so I'm afraid 20-22th of May is realistic.

PHub07
13th May 2015, 05:17
For whatever reason 99% of games are released on Tuesdays. On some instances with episodic digital games....they will end up releasing on a Wednesday for whatever reason. So given there has been no news....sadly the soonest we are going to get it is the 26th. I hope they just say hey its coming out the 19th but I just think that would be bad for business to not sort of hype it at least for a week.

Nox_Dogma
13th May 2015, 14:09
yea :)

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/life-strange-episode-3-coming-may-19

ScottBlows
13th May 2015, 15:34
Hooray! glad to finally share the news with you all

Alvare
13th May 2015, 22:56
Hooray! glad to finally share the news with you all

Lol the news spread so fast on the internet. xD
I don't want to see a trailer though, if it's coming. I think they show-off too much about the episode.
So I'll just wait till 19th.

NoSpecialOne
18th May 2015, 07:46
Release Times for Episode 3 can be found here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155815&p=2126131#post2126131

Original Message:

Hey guys!

New on the forums, happy to be here!

I was wondering if there is any specific time frame for the release on the 19th. I know there might not be an official time frame from the publisher but I'm asking life is strange fans about their experiences with when the episodes are usually released. Is it at midnight of every country? (unusual) or at midnight japanese / EU / US time? What's your experiences with episode 1 and 2?
I was wondering if i should stay awake or if i can sleep a little before it's released :P (and yes, i have to play it right at release :P)

EDIT: I'm gonna edit this first post and share the timeframe with users if we can get a consensus on this so users can easily find the info they need.

TheEmissary
18th May 2015, 12:35
Can't say anything about Episode 1 because I got LiS only a few days after the release. Episode 2 was already available when I checked (probably sometime between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.) on the day of the release. I live in Germany.

I guess I wasn't of much help, sorry :(

NoSpecialOne
18th May 2015, 12:55
Can't say anything about Episode 1 because I got LiS only a few days after the release. Episode 2 was already available when I checked (probably sometime between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.) on the day of the release. I live in Germany.

I guess I wasn't of much help, sorry :(

Every bit helps. Thanks for sharing :)

Grimoire
18th May 2015, 13:07
Episode 3 release times (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155815&p=2126131#post2126131)

NoSpecialOne
18th May 2015, 14:06
Episode 3 release times (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155815&p=2126131#post2126131)

Thanks, I literally just found them, too.