PDA

View Full Version : Nausea While Playing "The Fall" - will Mankind Be the Same Way?

The_Ogre
7th May 2015, 07:12
Hey folks!

So, I played Human Revolution about a year ago and loved it! It's one of the few FPS games I've been able to play without being nauseated after just a few minutes. However, I bought "The Fall" shortly after, and could only play for about ten minutes before I received a migraine and felt like I was going to throw up. I noticed that there were some distinct graphical differences between Human Revolution and The Fall which may have attributed to this.

All in all, I guess I just have two questions. The first of which is, if you have experienced this same thing, do you have a solution? And the second question (the reason I'm posting in this thread), is: do you know if Mankind Divided will be similar graphically to Human Revolution ? I would love to pre-order this new game, but I don't want to pay full price for a game only to find that I am completely unable to play it. If no one knows if this game will instill nausea in people with the same problems I have, do you know if there will be a demo released for the game that I could try prior to my purchase?

I've done some research and haven't found anything helpful, yet! If anyone knows more than I do, I'd really appreciate it. Thank ya!

xaduha3
7th May 2015, 11:17
It will use a different engine. I wouldn't buy a game without trying it beforehand, if I were you, unless "The Fall" was the first and only game with this effect.

Don't pre-order games or wait closer to release.

68_pie
7th May 2015, 12:34
I noticed that there were some distinct graphical differences between Human Revolution and The Fall

No ****. The Fall was made for tablets.

Shralla
7th May 2015, 16:41
It will use a different engine. I wouldn't buy a game without trying it beforehand, if I were you, unless "The Fall" was the first and only game with this effect.

You know, because of all those totally legal ways you have to try PC games before buying them. Nobody can be bothered to make demos anymore, so you're pretty much SOL if you have potential issues with a game.

Aside from that, OP, are you really asking whether a current-gen console game will be more similar graphically to a previous gen console game or a tablet game? I think you can answer that for yourself. In regards to your nausea, I can almost guarantee you can attribute it to the lack of an FOV adjust on The Fall. Being a tablet game, it had a restricted FOV and no way to adjust it. Low FOV is the number one cause of discomfort when playing first-person games.