PDA

View Full Version : Oops! There Goes The Neighbourhood!

julietxjules
5th May 2015, 17:08
Due to the fact that "Chaos Theory," the eagerly awaited third instalment of Life is Strange has no official release date yet and, just like myself, I am sure that there is much anticipation and curiosity as to what mysterious event will happen next in Arcadia Bay at the close of the episode.

In part one; the town bore witness to a freak snow flurry in hot temperatures, and in part two, an unscheduled lunar eclipse. So keeping in-line with this tradition, it is probably safe to expect that another phenomenally strange event is looming on the horizon. So what will that be?

Will it be weather related again?
Another astronomical event perhaps?
A geological event?
Something to do with oceanography?
Or something not related to any of the above and totally of the blue?

The possibilities are endless and very hard to predict with any accuracy. The only thing we can get near to using the medium of prediction is that the episode should see a release in two or three week’s time! :rasp:

So as always, and just for a bit of distracting fun, what strange occurrence will befall Arcadia Bay next. This is not about being right or wrong - I am not concerned with any of that - but about what you think.

So come on!

What say YOU?

Note: There is no need to give any explanation for your choice. Keep it short, keep it simple.

I favour an earth tremor!!

DiGreatDestroyer
5th May 2015, 18:03
Double rainbow all the way, across the sky (8)

julietxjules
5th May 2015, 19:54
Double rainbow all the way, across the sky (8)

Ah! So you go for the weather option. . .ok.

Nox_Dogma
5th May 2015, 20:46
i say this :)

Or something not related to any of the above and totally of the blue?

so why?
the title is "chaos theory" and we all know that playing with time result in unexpected events.
we have an event and we have (mostly) two possible results, thats only a part of the theory.

chaos theory is much more, if we have more of those "simple" events with 2 (simple)results, the results go more unexpectet
example: butterflyeffect, a simple event starts a chain of unexpectet events
a few events can be expectet, but after a few more evets it is nearly impossible :)

so, what we have here?
1 event -> what will happens next?
- result A: play EP 3 and find out
- result B: take a look into the head of DontnoD-storyboardwriter *g*

- result C: something with the electricity (malfunction powerplant?), all lights are off :)

this thread is a good example for Chaos theory ... we never expect what other users have in mind

julietxjules
6th May 2015, 05:39
The simple answer of power outage - as is your option C is all I needed.

Thanks. :rasp:

Alvare
6th May 2015, 15:29
Will it be weather related again?
Maybe. I guess it'll be raining more often. And a there will be a lot of wind.

Another astronomical event perhaps?
I don't think so.

A geological event?
Yes, an earthquake+power outage could possibly be happening. Lol (I can see Jefferson saying; "dismissed" again when everybody runs out of the classroom.)

julietxjules
6th May 2015, 15:41
Ok. It seems that you're a bit undecided and covering many bases, but that's fine - it's all in the name of fun. :)

Alvare
6th May 2015, 19:08
Lol I know. I choose the geological event though. I think it's the most logical one to follow.
Though the double rainbow sounds pretty good too. xD

julietxjules
7th May 2015, 05:53
Lol I know. I choose the geological event though. I think it's the most logical one to follow.
Though the double rainbow sounds pretty good too. xD

How about the sun not rising at dawn!! It seems that anything can happen in this game. (insert spooky music here) :naughty:

Alvare
7th May 2015, 05:58
How about the sun not rising at dawn!! It seems that anything can happen in this game. (insert spooky music here) :naughty:
D@mn.. haven't thought about that one. 0__o
That is pretty cool.

Roofje
7th May 2015, 07:44
well the most obvious to me would be a lunar eclips. But i like the sun not rising.

julietxjules
7th May 2015, 15:01
well the most obvious to me would be a lunar eclips. But i like the sun not rising.

We've already had an eclipse so it is unlikely that we will see another one. But the sun not rising will be enough to scare your socks off! :)