PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun

Fuleost
5th May 2015, 16:50
This Petition has been up for 2 months and already over 1k signs, help bring back an awesome game to development.

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-bring-back-legacy-of-kain-dead-sun

barthez36663
5th May 2015, 17:46
No please dont, It didnt have that amazing feel and epicness to it like soul reaver series, no LoK atmosphere at all It looke dlike another slasher. I would rather see a new concept of it.

Ygdrasel
5th May 2015, 17:49
No please dont, It didnt have that amazing feel and epicness to it like soul reaver series, no LoK atmosphere at all It looke dlike another slasher. I would rather see a new concept of it.

"another slasher"

As opposed to every other game in the series where combat is primarily about slashing?

CountEyokir
5th May 2015, 19:23
Dead Sun's plot, premise and characters were utterly absurd and I'd sooner eat my own spleen then be a party to making it canon.
Thankfully I don't have to. SE couldn't revive Dead Sun even if they wanted to. The assets of Dead Sun got reused in Nosgoth. They belong to THAT game now officially. If they wanted to make a new SP game for LoK they would have to start from scratch for game elements to replace them anyway, which is perfectly fine by me. Drop that asinine premise and actually do something Kain related, not DMC Raziel

That absurd petition is a waste of everybody's time

ApollosBow
5th May 2015, 19:43
Publisher: Make it a FPS with scorestreaks, destructible environments and counter-terrorists and we'll talk...

Me: Id prob still buy it if it said LOK at the top.

GenFeelGood
5th May 2015, 19:58
If it was as a stand alone game with no connection to the Nosgoth universe, I'd say Yes to that. The footage did show a fun game that didn't take itself too seriously, can't deny that

CountEyokir
5th May 2015, 20:06
If it was as a stand alone game with no connection to the Nosgoth universe, I'd say Yes to that. The footage did show a fun game that didn't take itself too seriously, can't deny that

No relation to lok? Fine. Say it was inspired by LoK and leave it there, its own thing with nothing to tie it down. With LoK though? Yeah that's where we have a problem....

GenFeelGood
5th May 2015, 20:13
No relation to lok? Fine. Say it was inspired by LoK and leave it there, its own thing with nothing to tie it down. With LoK though? Yeah that's where we have a problem....

It could be thought of as something similar to what they did to the Full Metal Alchemist story line with Brotherhood.

CountEyokir
5th May 2015, 20:19
It could be thought of as something similar to what they did to the Full Metal Alchemist story line with Brotherhood.

Huh? You know Brotherhood was the actual story of FMA from the manga right? In any case, I would definitely rather this game's .....plot....NOT be connected to the LoK series in any way shape or form

GenFeelGood
5th May 2015, 20:25
Huh? You know Brotherhood was the actual story of FMA from the manga right? In any case, I would definitely rather this game's .....plot....NOT be connected to the LoK series in any way shape or form

I did not know this, never understood why there were two versions of the same story.

CountEyokir
5th May 2015, 20:35
I did not know this, never understood why there were two versions of the same story.

The first FMA anime basically did not have a complete story to adapt as the manga wasn't finished yet, so they made one up. Brotherhood did it correctly because the manga was a lot further along and finished before their series ran its course

GenFeelGood
5th May 2015, 20:37
Agreed, Brotherhood was far superior and a lot less depressing IMO. Thank You

The_Hylden
5th May 2015, 21:59
Again, we have a thread for discussing Dead Sun (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152462&page=11). It already has petitions and all types of stuff. Please keep discussions relevant to that game there.